Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 5, 2016 12:47 PM

Sep 2015
WFCgbow said:
Angry_Always said:

I think his target in this particular case was Naegi, not Kirigiri. So he may have just relented. To be honest I'm saying this because it's almost confirmed Ryouta is the mastermind. I mean who is left? Munakata, Naegi, Asahina and Ryouta. Munakata probably isn't the killer and it'd be ludicrous for either Asahina or Naegi to be... unless it's a twist and it's Asahina... probably not.

Ryouta seems most likely. Along with that mysterious fist clench. He is probably behind all of this, the him saving kirigiri theory is just a theory. He seemed intent on protecting her before so maybe he has a soft spot for her I don't know. I'm just guessing with the likely assumption he's the mastermind.

I agree, I found Ryouta very suspicious but how about the 5th survivor, he is outside and why exactly is he in the game. He doesn't have a bracelet so I think it might be him, also it could be someone out of the game, (maybe)

5th survivor? You don't mean Hakagure, do you? I don't think he's part of the game. And it could be someone outside the game as we thought with Monoka, but then, what would be the point of the mystery? Sakakura, Tengan and Munakata seem to have known something very secret that will pull a veil from our eyes, I just wonder what that is.
Sep 5, 2016 12:52 PM

Apr 2016
My soul trembles and my heart crumbles...

Ohhhhhhhhhh despaaaaaiiiiiiirrrrrr!!!!!
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Sep 5, 2016 12:55 PM
Aug 2016
SirKurt said:
Sirofcoffee said:

Try to picture anyone as a Aizen like badass evil guy. I accually kinda can see Hagakure being evil. The ones I can't picture are Asahina and Makoto. Ryota is still posible, but I think that he's the hope Tengan mentions, and that that's a finale twist.
Munakata also seems to have some hidden motivation, he didn't seem to have killed Juzo out of some kind of misguided hope. It's as if someone forced his hand.

We're really running out of options for the mastermind and traitor.

Unless it is someone who is supposed to be dead, Yukizome some people say, Kizakura I say. But, Enoshima Junko is coming back for sure.

So, ways for Enoshima Junko to come back (excluding previously used methods):
- She will be animated by Mitarai Ryouta
- She uploaded herself to Kirigiri / Togami / Makoto and she takes over them
- She has a child which shares her ideals (with Kamukura maybe?)
- She has a successor and her ideals live inside them (this would be Monaca but she gave up halfway)
- She comes back as an Android or a Robot (extremely unlikely now)

Why I think she will come back?
- DR0 - Mastermind: Disguise Junko
- DR1 - Mastermind: Not so dead Junko
- DR2 - Mastermind: AI Junko
- DR3 - Mastermind: ??? Junko

maybe it's 4th. she has many followers, it's not suprising if one of them at Monaca genius level
5h is very unlikely like you said
3rd is imposible. Junko is at the same age as Makoto around 19 or 20 yr old, then at what age she has children? 14? lol
2nd is total bs altough it's possible
1st is having 50-50 chance
Sep 5, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2016
Angry_Always said:
You mean it would be unsatisfying for Kirigiri to survive like that? So would you prefer if she saved herself like some have been saying? Only thing with me is, I actually don't want her to be alive.

Don't misunderstand, her character is great but after a rare emotional episode for Kirigiri and her resolve to die for Naegi and her faith to carry on without her, it would feel cheap and unsatisfying for her to just be alive miraculously after that.

Of course, that doesn't mean I think she'll stay dead. If I do, I'd just keep asking myself "why did they include that mysterious bottle?" it must be important and I'm guessing Kirigiri will be alive as a result. If this was no mystery, why would there be a bottle.... hmmmm...

No, I'm with you on this one, I want her to stay dead. For things to have a meaning, they have to be definite. Now she can't be saved unless they pull something not-so-believable in every case, so I prefer they stick to the despair her death created, and work the hope angle from there.

I would personally find it more interesting if she really died but pulled out one last trick by setting something up for Naegi's victory (one last message/clue in her notebook, for example). It would be more fitting and make her death not underwhelming (as it feels right now).
Sep 5, 2016 12:56 PM

Nov 2014
Oh. So Kodaka kills Kirigiri this episode, and in the next Zetsubou-hen episode he kills Chiaki...
What kind of despair boner did this guy have while writing this.
Where's the hope?!
Sep 5, 2016 12:59 PM
Apr 2012
kyoko could come back? not that weird for dr to do that ~ kirigiri's death wasnt even portrayed as sad as some others and kirigiri's popularity is higher than komaeda's and look what komaeda was all given that others did not get

also judging merchandise and promo art it seems that staff might have assumed that juzou and munakata would be liked more by the fandom than they really are

~
anyway having read alot of peoples commentary/review on episodes
chisa being the mastermind is still a thing that many believe?

animenews reviewer pointed out that asahina and chisa have exact same body type (theres many charas as skinny in dr but not as much of a same body type)
someone pointed out that it would make more sense if munakata would get killed (chisa is not allowed to let him die)
munakata pointed out that naegi is needed by the attacker (asahina has been keeping naegi close all time)
munakata cant be the attacker is what i believe

also the opening of which some say is a climatic moment hint ~ asahina's ended up being a fake death and chisa's like a suicide thing thats still unclear?

the asahina and chisa switch sounds very weird to me especially since asahina is to me just the cute asahina as always in these episodes
Sep 5, 2016 12:59 PM

Aug 2013
mat619 said:
ok about Munakata NG code. could it be his NG code is he can't let Juzo alive past 4th round similiar to Kirigiri, what else his reason to kill him beside that or Juzo is mastermid (which i doubt he is)

Pretty sure his NG is that he can't pass through doors he goes out of his way to break down walls when the door is open and even stops chasing when someone closes one.

It definitely had something to do with what Tengan said Juzo had a strange reaction when Munakata said he killed him and Munakata said he knew the reason why he was stabbed which means it's something he learned after they last met, it probably has to do with Chisa death.
Fayt89Sep 5, 2016 1:05 PM
Sep 5, 2016 1:03 PM

Nov 2013
mat619 said:
ok about Munakata NG code. could it be his NG code is he can't let Juzo alive past 4th round similiar to Kirigiri, what else his reason to kill him beside that or Juzo is mastermid (which i doubt he is)

OMG!! Maybe :D but I feel it might be even more important...
Sep 5, 2016 1:05 PM

Sep 2015
Manecleis said:
Angry_Always said:
You mean it would be unsatisfying for Kirigiri to survive like that? So would you prefer if she saved herself like some have been saying? Only thing with me is, I actually don't want her to be alive.

Don't misunderstand, her character is great but after a rare emotional episode for Kirigiri and her resolve to die for Naegi and her faith to carry on without her, it would feel cheap and unsatisfying for her to just be alive miraculously after that.

Of course, that doesn't mean I think she'll stay dead. If I do, I'd just keep asking myself "why did they include that mysterious bottle?" it must be important and I'm guessing Kirigiri will be alive as a result. If this was no mystery, why would there be a bottle.... hmmmm...

No, I'm with you on this one, I want her to stay dead. For things to have a meaning, they have to be definite. Now she can't be saved unless they pull something not-so-believable in every case, so I prefer they stick to the despair her death created, and work the hope angle from there.

I would personally find it more interesting if she really died but pulled out one last trick by setting something up for Naegi's victory (one last message/clue in her notebook, for example). It would be more fitting and make her death not underwhelming (as it feels right now).

The hope that Naegi will use to persevere through this tragic death surely would be prominent. I'd definitely prefer that over her miraculous recovery.

The one last trick thing seems a very Kirigiri thing to do. It seems to me that she figured out Ryota was the mastermind, at least with some looks she was giving him as they walked in the hallway prior to Asahina and Naegi showing up. If she did, she could have left something behind. Maybe some hidden message in her words to Naegi, perhaps...

Either way that'd be satisfying. The only thing making me doubt it is the bottle... it can't be meaningless. Nothing we see is. My only other thing is... how did Ruruka die... only one person wakes up every time, right? And someone did something with a bottle, wouldn't that person also have had to kill Rimura...

I don't know. Glad she died though, felt really bad for Izayoi, it created a sick feeling in my stomach when she killed him.
Sep 5, 2016 1:05 PM
Jun 2016
Angry_Always said:
WFCgbow said:

I agree, I found Ryouta very suspicious but how about the 5th survivor, he is outside and why exactly is he in the game. He doesn't have a bracelet so I think it might be him, also it could be someone out of the game, (maybe)

5th survivor? You don't mean Hakagure, do you? I don't think he's part of the game. And it could be someone outside the game as we thought with Monoka, but then, what would be the point of the mystery? Sakakura, Tengan and Munakata seem to have known something very secret that will pull a veil from our eyes, I just wonder what that is.

Well, if you look in the opening Hakagure is in the group and is falling down from despair (I think that is the reference.) He was also apart of the anime from the start so I find him suspicious. And if you talk about what Gozu, Tengan, and Munakata were talking about. It just most definitely has to do with something about Chisa. (Chisa is in despair arc so their must be something has happened to her during that.) She also may have turned into "despair" in the series. She is apart of the Remnants of Despair's class after all. Although, who was the person killing the people though, Danganropa has many plot twists after all. For example, Chisa's dead body could be a deploy and she could be killing everyone. WHy? when the Great Gozu said who the killer was, Munakata got straight up mad. It has to be someone Munakata deeply cares for, and thus I choose Chisa as the killer (maybe lol.)
Sep 5, 2016 1:06 PM

Apr 2014
Who the fuck is killing everyone after the time limit. Ryota just doesn't make sense as the killer there has to be an outsider, especially with the alive count in the opening revealing a 16th person but who the fuck is it, my gosh this bitch is brutal as fuck.

Firstly. Fuck you Monokuma gave me heart attack announcing a recap episode, so go eat your own dick, bitch.

Secondly fucking tragic things everywhere. Goodbye Robo-Miaya

I hated Ruruka but fucking hell I can at least understand her and her character and that was fucking brutal RIP sorry girl

FUCK YOU MUNAKATA for killing my baby Juzo.

Fuck you whoever gave Kirigiri that NG code. Do you know how much I cried without the assistance of sad music. That's a feat in itself. Fuck yourself Kodaka

Kodaka the Super High School Level CUNT
Sep 5, 2016 1:06 PM

Feb 2013

I hope this doesn't happen.
Yes,i'm sad that Kiri is dead but a "just a prank bro" again would be shit and nobody from DR1 dying is bullshit.
Sep 5, 2016 1:08 PM

Jun 2013
I was getting the feeling about Kirigiri dying early on, but those death flags she laid down right before they went to sleep had me already sat on the edge knowing so. It's so weird seeing a long time favorite finally bite the dust ;___; I'm in despair.
Sep 5, 2016 1:09 PM
Mar 2015
GoombaJMR said:
mat619 said:

OMG!! Maybe :D but I feel it might be even more important...

Maybe to let the attacker survive

Stinamoo said:
I was getting the feeling about Kirigiri dying early on, but those death flags she laid down right before they went to sleep had me already sat on the edge knowing so. It's so weird seeing a long time favorite finally bite the dust ;___; I'm in despair.

Welcome as another Remnant of Despair. Maybe this is junkos despair anime from the despair arc... Despair
MacthejesterSep 5, 2016 1:14 PM
Sep 5, 2016 1:12 PM

Sep 2013
I'm nearly in tears. Kirigiri is my favorite right behind Chiaki and those two are neck and neck for me.

4 Down in one episode and the best girl of this series is gone.

I'm in despair.

Sep 5, 2016 1:12 PM

Sep 2015
WFCgbow said:
Angry_Always said:

Well, if you look in the opening Hakagure is in the group and is falling down from despair (I think that is the reference.) He was also apart of the anime from the start so I find him suspicious. And if you talk about what Gozu, Tengan, and Munakata were talking about. It just most definitely has to do with something about Chisa. (Chisa is in despair arc so their must be something has happened to her during that.) She also may have turned into "despair" in the series. She is apart of the Remnants of Despair's class after all. Although, who was the person killing the people though, Danganropa has many plot twists after all. For example, Chisa's dead body could be a deploy and she could be killing everyone. WHy? when the Great Gozu said who the killer was, Munakata got straight up mad. It has to be someone Munakata deeply cares for, and thus I choose Chisa as the killer (maybe lol.)

The Great Gozu was the bull guy haha, it was Tenga who got Munakata mad. I personally think Hakagure really isn't involved, we see his inner thoughts and how he speaks when he's alone, he doesn't seem to know what's going on.

Chisa... I have no idea. There is something suspicious... Tenga seemed to think Munakata sacrificed her, Sakakura knew something he was about to tell Munakata. It seems to me that someone's theory that Munakata has to see a dead body every round or he'll die from his NG code could fit there if he sacrificed Chisa for that but he'd probably choose someone else to sacrifice... I have no idea but when he killed Sakakura he cursed someone else for forcing him to kill Sakakura so his NG code must be involved somehow...

Chisa could be infected, we don't know what'll happen when she goes down there... maybe she and Ryouta are in cahoots, both being survivors from that class....

Well my biggest mystery is... when will we see Hinata, Akane, Soda, Fuyuhiko and Sonia deal with Munakata's forces at Jabberwock Island... I've been waiting.
Sep 5, 2016 1:16 PM

Jun 2016
This s very good Now Danganronpa no longer my favourite anime. With Kirigiri death. My heart already tore apart ever since Seiko death plus Kizakura,Chisa and Kirgiri add the fuels.

Now I want everyone dead Especially Munakata. He needs to die I think Its good to wrap this series with everyone including Remnants of despair death In my opinion

Sep 5, 2016 1:18 PM

Mar 2014
Maybe Munakata has to kill people for his code?
Sep 5, 2016 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
UmbraIra said:

Then he would be already dead since he didn't kill anyone until ep 5.
His NG is that he can't pass through doors, He stop chasing Neagi for that in EP2 and he broke the window instead of just using the door in EP 3.
Sep 5, 2016 1:29 PM

May 2015
I have no fucking words after watching this episode....

Sep 5, 2016 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
Nooo...why...why must you take away Kirigiri from Naegi?! My Ship*Cries in the corner*

Danganronpa Will never be the same anymore(No more Kirigiri Drugs for me)
Sep 5, 2016 1:30 PM

Apr 2014
Going back to my theory 3-5 episodes ago.

EVERYONE FUCKING DIES AND JABBERWOCK ISLAND PEOPLE MAKE BABIES AND THEN THE CHILDREN OF THE REMNANTS OF DESPAIR GET TAKEN TO PRISON ON SOME ISLAND OR SOMETHING YEARS LATER IN THE SERIESAND THAT'S THE PLOT OF DANGANRONPA V3

I FUCKING CALLED IT

Kodaka especially stated : "it's both a sequel and something new for the series"

Why would it be a "sequel"

my theory confirmed true.

fuck you kodaka
Sep 5, 2016 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
Tehhamstagamargh said:
Am I the only one upset that Ruruka died? I wanted her to live on for izayoi because in the flashback he accepted his death and was ok with it, so for her to die kinda ruined both of their characters even though I still haven't forgiven her for what she did to seiko, also even though she was a bitch she didn't deserve that death, I mean that was horrific.
Kirigiri was the true heartbreak of this episode, she knew she was going to die and yet she still stood by naegi, she is definitely best girl as she sacrificed herself for him. Sakakura could tell that munakata was going insane but it was too late because he dead now too and also even mechagohara died and yet somehow knew everyones ng codes which makes me think that monaca was lying when she said she was only there to watch it play out.

No, you're not the only one. I see Ruruka as a person wich have much problems wich betray. Probably, she had much problems with this when she's younger. Izayoi probably knows this too and because of this, he accept she killing him.

SirKurt said:
Sirofcoffee said:

Try to picture anyone as a Aizen like badass evil guy. I accually kinda can see Hagakure being evil. The ones I can't picture are Asahina and Makoto. Ryota is still posible, but I think that he's the hope Tengan mentions, and that that's a finale twist.
Munakata also seems to have some hidden motivation, he didn't seem to have killed Juzo out of some kind of misguided hope. It's as if someone forced his hand.

We're really running out of options for the mastermind and traitor.

Unless it is someone who is supposed to be dead, Yukizome some people say, Kizakura I say. But, Enoshima Junko is coming back for sure.

So, ways for Enoshima Junko to come back (excluding previously used methods):
- She will be animated by Mitarai Ryouta
- She uploaded herself to Kirigiri / Togami / Makoto and she takes over them
- She has a child which shares her ideals (with Kamukura maybe?)
- She has a successor and her ideals live inside them (this would be Monaca but she gave up halfway)
- She comes back as an Android or a Robot (extremely unlikely now)

Actually, it would be funny if these were possible
- Necromancy, so she comes back as a zombie
- Spectrology, she comes back as a ghost

Why I think she will come back?
- DR0 - Mastermind: Disguise Junko
- DR1 - Mastermind: Not so dead Junko
- DR2 - Mastermind: AI Junko
- DR3 - Mastermind: ??? Junko

AI Junko also appear in Another Episode as Shirokuma and Kurokuma. You can say that she's the mastermind of the game because two of them manipulate both parts of the game.
Sep 5, 2016 1:33 PM

Nov 2013
Pride- said:

I hope this doesn't happen.
Yes,i'm sad that Kiri is dead but a "just a prank bro" again would be shit and nobody from DR1 dying is bullshit.

I disagree about that would be total bullshit. Even though Asahina's prank was bs.
There's foreshadowing that Kimura might want to create a antidote against the poison. It didn't work with Bandai, but maybe she prefected it. Sure she didn't have a lot of time, but she is the ultimate pharmacist.
Add to that these facts; they are clearly in a medicine storage, the camera focus on Seiko's W medicine, and the little bottle in the corner. There's plenty of hints, unlike the Asahina prank.

Of course, this becomes moot if the theory is wrong.

If you think that none of the DR1 cast dying is bs, I can't really refute that. I don't really agree, but it's a valid opinion.
SirofcoffeeSep 5, 2016 1:37 PM
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Sep 5, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2012
Naegi was worse charachter, rather him to die. KIRIGIRI RIP my beloved gaming memories with her :(:):():(:):()::():(
Sep 5, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2014
Also, why the fuck do we still not know Ryota's NG code.

What sort of fucked up plot twist is his code gonna bring

He's literally the only one who we have no clue of what's his NG code except for "Reveal NG code" but do you really think it will be that.

Just who the fuck is the 16th person is all I'm asking.
Sep 5, 2016 1:46 PM
Mar 2016
GOD DAMN KODAKA SRSLY?FROM THE BEGINNING YOU KILL GOZU,NEXT SEIKO,TENGAN,HAT-KUN'A AND NOW YOU KILL ONE OF MY WAIFUS.
WHY YOU TRYING PUT ME IN DISPAIR THAT MUCH?
i freeking hate you Kodaka,love you,but hate you...
Sep 5, 2016 1:51 PM

Feb 2010
Man this episode has me feeling all kinds of fucked up. Was Munakata implying Juzo killed Chisa? That's the vibe I was getting from that

Also I'm v upset at Kirigiri's death, Kuzuryuu was spared in SDR2 because the writers felt his death would be pointless because of Peko's sacrifice.... but Kirigiri can die and fuck over Kizakura's sacrifice OKAY gg.
Sep 5, 2016 1:53 PM

Mar 2014
Pride- said:
UmbraIra said:

Then he would be already dead since he didn't kill anyone until ep 5.
His NG is that he can't pass through doors, He stop chasing Neagi for that in EP2 and he broke the window instead of just using the door in EP 3.

True that makes the comment about the despair forcing him to kill him interesting only thing would make sense would be Yukizome is the one behind this if he knew Sakakura had feelings for her. The shock from what the chairman said, and checking her corpse also point to her. Think that would also make sense why the killer seemed excessively brutal to the candy girl since the incident that got her expelled also contributed to Yukizome's class problems.
Sep 5, 2016 2:02 PM
Mar 2016
Man , I don't mind other to die , but why does Kirigiri have to.
Sep 5, 2016 2:12 PM

Dec 2013
Ok, after talking with friends of mine, I finally understand what I'm feeling for this episode. Ofc Despair is one of the feelings, but the other is... Happiness. Yup, that's right.

The way that Kirigiri was talking about Naegi for Ryota was so cute, and did show that she understand what Kizakura told her about being more honest with her feelings.

Not only that, but she talking with Naegi like that, showing her hand to him... I wanted just a kiss, tho ;_; Ou something like "I love you" being whispered in his ear ;.; Oh well...

Meanwhile Ruruka FINALLY died, god dammit it. Suck that candy, bitch e_e

I don't know why, but I was a little sad with Juzo's death, he's shit, I know, but... I was starting to feel bad for him because of Chisa >:

And go to hell Munakatana, holy shit. Stop playing MGS on DR!!

And I don't wanna Ryota to be the traitor... Please, he's so cute and must be protected ;-;

6/5; Despair/10.

This episode was ultra-despair-inducing, and I really want Kirigiri to be dead for real, not only just a prank, her character arc being completed like that is really incredible.

It's time for Naegi to show Munakatana what real hope is, hnf!
Sep 5, 2016 2:13 PM

Jul 2015
HA! HAHAHAHA!

HA!

HAHAAAAAAAA!

The boxer got stabbed! GOD, that felt too good! I was smiling SO much! Ruruka also got axed and that kind of felt good too, in a way, but I knew she had a good reason. I'm much more happy that the boxer got stabbed! The characters I wanted to die are actually DYING! <3 <3 <3

.... then Kirigiri dies from Forbidden action.... UUUUUGH!

Way to smash my happiness, Kodaka. That was the most trolling forbidden action, EVER. It was bad enough that you scared the hell out of me initially by saying the episode would be a recap, then you kill her off in that way?! I actually teared up on her demise. That was too sad. That is so unfair. Mastermind confirmed to be Kodaka. No contest. He's in the anime. He must pay.
AmyTwoSep 5, 2016 2:17 PM
Sep 5, 2016 2:22 PM

May 2016
So, the series finally used the card it had since so long ago. Yes, we've seen the flags for Kirigiri's death, but I chose to ignore them, because I got used to how this series works.
These were all supposed to be red herrings, for fuck's sake!

And now Kyoko is dead.

And since I do consider D3 canon, well, fuck it, my week is basically ruined.
I hope there's a special place for Danganronpa's best girls, may Nanami take care of her.
Sep 5, 2016 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
Specimen021 said:

And since I do consider D3 canon, well,
why would there be any debate over this being cannon, its the ending to the trilogy no matter what way you look at it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 5, 2016 2:34 PM
Apr 2016
Okay, I officially called this episode ass. Voted the last option. I hated it. Kirigiri's dead. That's why. Why, Kodaka? Why do such a thing to many people's waifu?

Sigh. I was so happy when the boxer was killed (I think and REALLY hope) and Ruruka was killed, too, but then Kirigiri dies as well and made me hate this episode so much. Worst episode.

Excuse me while I lay down on my bed for a while. I've got some grieving to do. :'(
Sep 5, 2016 2:35 PM

Aug 2009
Kyouko dies.

Fuck. I can't believe this has actually happened.
Sep 5, 2016 2:37 PM
Jul 2016
If it weren't for the fact that they'd already faked Hina's death, I'd be absolutely convinced that Kyoko had survived somehow (although, admittedly, denial probably has a lot to do with this.) As it is, I'm still holding out hope.

First of all, we JUST had her cheat death in the last episode. I get that despair is a major theme of this series, but it feels completely pointless and cheap to trick the audience into thinking she was going to die in one episode, then have her actually die at the end of the very next one. She wasn't even given a chance to do anything with the time she has been bought. If you're going to pull that sort of trick, it has more impact to do it in a single episode. Such plot twists thrive on the sudden transition from the "Oh, thank God! She didn't die!" feeling to the "But... But everything was okay! ...Noooooo!!! WHY?!?!" feeling. Drawing that transition out over the course of two episodes really weakens it.

Second, Kyoko's death has been teased multiple times over the course of the series, and she always turned up alive. People thought she might have been the one who died when Mukuro's body was discovered, we had the bad ending where she gets executed, and we had Makoto's nightmare. Kodaka has been faking Kyoko's death for ages. It doesn't seem likely that "outwitted by evil jewelry" is going to be the untimely fate that finally sticks.

Third, the "A body has been discovered!" sound effect didn't play for Kyoko. Granted, it didn't play for Seiko, either, but she had mournful music instead. Kyoko had nothing. No dramatic imagery or gut-wrenching audio. It feels odd not to have that for such a major character. Hardly conclusive, but something to note.

And fourth, we have that random cure bottle. It has to be relevant somehow. Think about it. Despite how it seemed that Nagito's murder had been solved in DR2, it was obvious that there was something more at play: the poison in his fridge hadn't been explained yet. Similarly, I don't think we can say Kyoko's case is closed until the cure bottle is explained.

My Rambling Hypothesis:
Kyoko WAS poisoned, and she is dying. However, she's not dead yet. The cure was used, possibly by Kyoko, to slow down the effects of the poison, but it couldn't ward it off entirely (hence why her skin has turned purple.) Some time has been bought, but she's still on a time limit. Makoto, Hina, and Ryota have to solve the mystery and escape before Kyoko expires.
PhendrusSep 5, 2016 2:45 PM
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Sep 5, 2016 2:43 PM
Jun 2016
Holy fuck, when Monokuma said this was a recap episode, got scared to death.

Damn, so three died. Well, one of them might survive, but it doesn't look like it's likely.

I am laughing at many of the comments on this forum and the many votes on Hated It. Not saying I blame them, but it's just that the despair and tears from them is much too delicious. That's what make Danganronpa and Kodaka great to me. Troll series and troll guy. Loved it. My props. XD
Sep 5, 2016 2:46 PM

Jul 2012
Ok I don't get how most of the people here are suspicious of Munakata being the mastermind. Like that would be way too easy plus we all know that Kodaka likes to pull twists and it's usually not the first suspect. In my opinion Ryota is way more suspicious. In the despair arc we see him spending a lot of time with Junko so it wouldn't be surprising if she influenced him somehow. Also Munakata didn't know the forbidden actions until he took the device from Miaya. If he was the mastermind he would know them for sure. We still don't know who the mysterious participant is but even so I still think the mastermind is Ryota.
Sep 5, 2016 3:11 PM

Aug 2015
I think I'd prefer the recap episode now after seeing the end of the episode. :/
Sep 5, 2016 3:17 PM

Aug 2016
Before I get into my thoughts and weekly round up.

Everyone who's complaining and hating on Kodaka for killing off Kirigiri, please be quiet. If you are truly a fan of Danganronpa and Kodaka's work for it, you will respect his decision and his direction for the story. If not, well I'm afraid you're not a supporter of the series.

Now then. 4, possibly 5 victims all in one episode. That is crazy. Ruruka, I mean she deserved it but Jesus. She didn't get it like the other sacrifices. She was literally mutilated all over her body. That's disgusting. Sakakura, I feel bad for the guy, he was starting to become a good character, he felt genuinley horrible about Kimura, Izayoi and Kizakura, and then Munakata had to go and fucking do that. Mechogahara, Eh. And the most impactful of all... Fucking Kirigiri... Throughout the episode, I saw the death flags from a mile away, I thought we were safe when we saw Ruruka's dead body but nope. It's painful to see her go, but I must say, it's about time we had a death of somebody who has a lot of emotional weight on their shoulders.

Danganronpa 3 Mirai-hen Weekly Character Round-up:

Kyoko Kirigiri - Deceased
Cause of Death: Poisoned by NG Code
NG Code: Passing the fourth time limit with Makoto Naegi still alive

Kohichi Kizakura - Deceased
NG Code: Opening left hand

Sonosuke Izayoi - Deceased
NG Code: Eating food

Daisaku Bandai - Deceased
NG Code: Witnessing violence by participants

Chisa Yukizome - Deceased
Cause of Death: Sacrificed
NG Code: Kyosuke Munakata dying

Great Gozu - Deceased
NG Code: Being pinned to the ground for a three count

Seiko Kimura - Deceased
NG Code: Someone standing on your shadow

Ruruka Ando - Deceased
NG Code: Someone leaving the playing field

Juzo Sakakura - Deceased
Cause of Death: Stabbed by Munakata
NG Code: Fighting someone bare-handed

Kazuo Tengan - Deceased
Cause of Death: Throat slit by Munakata
NG Code: Telling a lie

Byakuya Togami - Deceased(?)
Cause of Possible Death: Killed in collapsing building
NG Code: N/A

Makoto Naegi - Active
Situation: Mourning over Kirigiri's death
NG Code: Running in the hallway

Aoi Asahina - Active
NG Code: Being hit with a punch or kick

Ryota Mitarai - Active
NG Code: ???

Kyosuke Munakata - Active
Situation: In the monitoring room
NG Code: ???

Yasuhiro Hagakure - Active
Situation: Outside the wreckage of the real building
NG Code: N/A

Hidden 16th Member - Unknown
Situation: Unknown
NG Code: Unknown
Sep 5, 2016 3:20 PM
Aug 2011
Munakata is rustling all of the things.
He must be stopped!
Sep 5, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was so brutal!! 3 people died total and it was such a roller coaster of emotions. I've read so many theories on why Kirigiri might be alive but I'm still so heartbroken that this happened so early on. I really hope that she comes back next episode, and if she doesn't then Naegi needs to beat the mastermind, DO IT FOR HER NAEGI.

Also the way Ruruka died was so brutal! There was a lot of hatred towards her, it shows. Honestly, I never liked her and I'm glad she didn't survive till the end. She betrayed Izayoi in fear she would get betrayed first but Izayoi always seemed like a pure baby to her D: He really loved her, same with Seiko. They both cared for her and she seemed kinda selfish and heartless in the end..

Intense episode overall! Ryota still seems kinda suspicious to me but we will see where it goes.
Sep 5, 2016 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
AzureAceYT said:

Everyone who's complaining and hating on Kodaka for killing off Kirigiri, please be quiet. If you are truly a fan of Danganronpa and Kodaka's work for it, you will respect his decision and his direction for the story. If not, well I'm afraid you're not a supporter of the series.

Ugh. I really dislike it when someone uses the "if you are a real fan" saying on practically anything. But in any case, let them "hate" him. He's a troll and it's working. The despair he is inducing to these people (myself included). XD

Besides, I doubt many or any are actually being completely serious when it comes to hating him or even this episode or anime for that. Clearly if this is getting people upset, it shows how much they are into the episode or anime. It makes the experience all the more enjoyable, or at least imo, when it comes to something like this giving us such emotions at times.
Sep 5, 2016 3:31 PM

Jul 2014
AmyTwo said:
AzureAceYT said:

Ugh. I really dislike it when someone uses the "if you are a real fan" saying on practically anything. But in any case, let them "hate" him. He's a troll and it's working. The despair he is inducing to these people (myself included). XD

Besides, I doubt many or any are actually being completely serious when it comes to hating him or even this episode or anime for that. Clearly if this is getting people upset, it shows how much they are into the episode or anime. It makes the experience all the more enjoyable, or at least imo, when it comes to something like this giving us such emotions at times.

Well I mean, the overall average score dropped by 00.01 and a lot of people are rating this episode as a 1/5 so...

I genuinely do think people hate this episode simply due to the fact that Kirigiri died.

Not my problem though. *sips tea*
"Hi!"
Sep 5, 2016 3:36 PM

May 2016
Damn, that episode was brutal... The feels ;_;

Hmm, I'm thinkin', maybe Munakata's NG Code is everyone else surviving the game or something related, and he's doing this to stay alive so he can rebuild the Future Foundation... not really sure tho, just my theory
I miss my GIFs of old ass memes.
Sep 5, 2016 3:37 PM

Jul 2015
Yehart said:
AmyTwo said:

Well I mean, the overall average score dropped by 00.01 and a lot of people are rating this episode as a 1/5 so...

I genuinely do think people hate this episode simply due to the fact that Kirigiri died.

Not my problem though. *sips tea*

Yeah, I recently noticed that as well. To me, that just shows how much the things he is doing is working. XD It's too funny. I'm pretty sure Kodaka wants us to feel that way, you know? Like how Asahina's death was faked, Monaca easily giving up like that, and Monokuma saying it was a recap initially in this episode.

Well, if there are people that literally and completely do hate him or this anime for that, well, sucks for them indeed. Not my problem either. I think it adds to the fun, despite how upset I feel about it as well.
Sep 5, 2016 4:01 PM

Nov 2014
Fuck the NG actions, you can't do just do that to best-girl kirigiri, dangaronpa.

i'm just so full of despair now.
Sep 5, 2016 4:02 PM

Oct 2015
1/5 out of 3 danganronpa anime, this isnow my most hated one. The only reason being because Kirigiri died.
Sep 5, 2016 4:02 PM

Feb 2010
Kiririgi isn't that dumb, worst case scenario you cut your arm. I'm thinking that she took something to lessen the effect of the poison or something.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

285 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

281 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

234 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.