Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2016 4:27 AM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The premise of this show is still daft, and while Goku's fighting a generic superpowered 80s character here he still never seems in any real danger.
Dec 27, 2016 12:32 PM

May 2015
This was one of those Classic Anime movies that I rented on VHS years ago that I still enjoy to this day. I miss those days of classic anime.
Jul 28, 2017 12:05 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Second Ova, and weak!!
The episode was a Goku adventure just, with a simple plot and development very classic.
About the mistery the man to operated Goku eye, no sign, dissapear, and this mistery is the most important and what is the real Goku mission, but i think that i will not know never!!! kekeke

5/10
Jul 28, 2017 8:51 PM

Mar 2016
I liked the style, it's what I grew up on, but this was a mixed bag. Some really entertaining moments even with a weak main character. The polearm weapon in a crazy cyberpunk setting is a really odd choice. The unexplained eye that just does everything, is also a bit much. That said, the direction and design are pretty awesome. This ends up being enjoyable, despite itself.
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!
Mar 25, 2019 12:55 AM

May 2016
Most classics are good but this one was kinda meh to be honest, first movie was much better.
Jul 2, 2019 6:21 PM

Jul 2017
Not as good as the first one - too many rape scenes and the big dude grunting and yelling. The musick during the actual OVA had some weird skipping or something like it didn't loop correctly. The end made the plot twist into something interesting though. Also, it was awesome to see that Cyber City Oedo 808 easter egg on the truck in the one scene.
Jul 3, 2019 7:08 PM
Jun 2016
Like others, I think this one wasn't as good as the first. I still enjoyed it though. Goku's new ride is pretty spiffy. I wish they gave us more on the mysteries of the eye but oh well. My biggest pet peeve is that one of my other hobbies is bird watching. I swear his eyeball activating sounded like a red-bellied woodpeckers cry LOL

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-bellied_Woodpecker/overview
JessicaAFMJul 3, 2019 7:12 PM
Jul 29, 2019 12:33 PM
Aug 2009
JessicaAFM said:
I swear his eyeball activating sounded like a red-bellied woodpeckers cry LOL

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-bellied_Woodpecker/overview
I was wondering what it was! It sounded like a bird to me too.

This was goofy schlock, but it was entertaining schlock! That death scene with the soldier getting crushed by the gun was baller.
Nov 20, 2019 3:11 PM
Apr 2019
When the main villain started explainig Ryus origin I was like, can it get any more stupid? And with each line it did. I literally laughed with the cheesiness of this ova.
Feb 13, 2020 5:08 PM

Sep 2013
satyrelfheim said:
Also, it was awesome to see that Cyber City Oedo 808 easter egg on the truck in the one scene.

I caught this too and came here to mention it.
Mar 3, 2020 1:39 PM

Jul 2014
These were fun. Absolutely ridiculous (especially the second one), but fun nonetheless. Great lighting and general direction too, though that's expected of Kawajiri.
Take care of yourself

Jan 14, 2022 5:03 PM

Jul 2013
The first OVA was slightly better in my opinion. This one was more generic and less creative. I guess we will never know who gave Gokuu his eye and why...

"Fighting in the danger" was a very catchy ending song.
May 28, 2022 6:59 PM

Jan 2017
I'm not sure what people are talking about this one was much better than the first. It left me craving another OVA
Jan 26, 9:06 AM

Oct 2021
The details in this OVA are just insane, like they showed us whole sequence of Goku analyzing different weapons from around the world and then the part where computer assembles the car with missile was just chef's kiss.. so much details poured into things that they could have avoided easily, the only drawbacks was that storyline falls flat. 8/10
Apr 2, 10:15 PM

Oct 2021
This had everything, mysterious ladies, cool cars, military experiments, clones, interdimensional missiles and a knockoff M. Bison. It was just awesome.

We don't get the explanation of why Goku got his powers, though. I really wish Midnight Eye was a full series.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.