Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2016 6:37 AM

Jun 2015
Have you ever gone into to a show with certain expectations or average expectations and had them met?
How did you feel afterwards?

For me its Akame ga Kill! and Monster Musume; I feel and felt great respectively when my intuition was proved correct.
"I have respect for those who have lived a full life."
- Decim (Death Parade)
"I want to deliver your eulogy."

- Otshepagetse

Jul 29, 2016 6:45 AM

Jun 2015
Meh,I always come with bad expectations. Too many disappointing shows to expect better.

If they rise above my expectations then ~~huzzah~~~ahhh...
Jul 29, 2016 6:46 AM
Apr 2016
I pretty much go into everything wih average to low expectations. Only times I didn't were with Your Lie In April and SAO which I went in with high expectations. But if something exceeds my expectations then...It just exceed my expectations. If something doesn't and fall below my expectations...It just falls below my expectations. Nothing more and nothing less
JoshuaJones16Jul 29, 2016 6:52 AM

Jul 29, 2016 6:47 AM

Sep 2015
I'm the type that always goes to the show as blind as possible. I personally hate it when my expectations are not met and probably thus the reason I go blind into the show always.
Jul 29, 2016 6:47 AM

Sep 2014
Yea, usually popular animes that've already gotten attention are worthwhile. Big ones like
One Punch Man and Death Note but of course it also depends on what kind of animes you originally like, what genre etc etc. Can't expect a hardcore action fan to get into a popular romance anime just because it's popular.

Your expectations will usually be met most of the time unless you randomly choose what to watch.
Jul 29, 2016 6:48 AM
Aug 2015
my thoughts on one show
i'll choose one punch can be
sumed up in a meme

was exciting to watch ep 1 was exciting
AND ITS GONE
Jul 29, 2016 6:50 AM

Jul 2016
Yes, Assassination Classroom, since I really love the manga. Can't believe it even surpassed my already high expectation.

Another one would be ReLIFE. I don't read the manga, but I found the premise interesting. Turned out not quite like what I imagined but it still enough to fulfill my expectation.
Jul 29, 2016 7:08 AM

Jul 2014
I tend to go into shows blind and it usually works but recently I started watching Kidou senkan nedesico expecting it to be like Musekinin kanchou Tylor, which I really enjoyed, but it turned to less enjoyable, boring and mediocre so no I don't have my expectations met only let down.
'Those who like space, can't be bad people'

Jul 29, 2016 7:10 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah. Sometimes i have good expectations, and some other times, average or low. And after that, it depends the anime and how much i enjoy watching it. If i don't, i'll drop it
Jul 29, 2016 7:13 AM
Jul 2016
i once watched SAO
...... nolonger have any expectations.
Jul 29, 2016 7:29 AM
May 2009
I expect nothing, unless I have at some point read the source material.
Jul 29, 2016 7:33 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I expected ReLife to be as interesting as the synopsis said, I found it interesting, I felt good......good.....more.....more....

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 29, 2016 7:45 AM

Aug 2015
Expectations is the mother of disappointment. So if you don't want to regret watching a series, better go watch it blind...
I've already learned my lesson long ago
Jul 29, 2016 7:51 AM

Jul 2014
idrc i just watch anime anime that looks appealing or if ppl recommend me any :|
Jul 29, 2016 7:58 AM

May 2015
More often then not I go into shows solely based off the synopsis of the series. So I tend to not have any expectations other then "well this seems interesting". Prior to the newest season I had heard about Mob Psycho 100 from a friend, and seen a trailer. Although I haven't watched any of the series yet, I have moderately high expectations for it now. So it's probably a good thing I don't usually do that sort of thing, cause I feel I'd be disappointed way more by some shows.
"I'm always alone. Other people don't factor into what I do. The things that happen in front of me are parts of my life and my life alone." - 8man
Jul 29, 2016 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
Most recently Boku no Hero was a show that i start with pretty high expectations and it did not disappoint. But i would say going into a anime blind is the best option.
Jul 29, 2016 9:04 AM
Jul 2013
I feel like the more anime you watch the harder it is to get expectations fulfilled. When I first started watching anime I was fucking blown away by DearS. I mean back then I was a horny teenager who got turned on just by thinking about having a personal sex slave. In hindsight the anime is pretty shit but hormones man, they're crazy. I still dream of having a personal sex slave though. That hasn't really changed.

My point is, though, that the more you watch the less there is that amazes you. It's just life really. So nowadays I don't really have expectations since most anime are your typical harem ecchi fan service bullshit.
Jul 29, 2016 9:41 AM

Dec 2012
Z-Dante said:
Expectations is the mother of disappointment. So if you don't want to regret watching a series, better go watch it blind...
I've already learned my lesson long ago

Wise words. I always expect nothing unless I'm watching a sequel, then I expect more of the same.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

More topics from this board

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 7

82 by Zamus_Edits »»
8 minutes ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown

rohan121 - 2 hours ago

20 by Hikinekomori »»
24 minutes ago

» If you could change one anime into being a hardcore ecchi, which one would you pick?

APolygons2 - 12 hours ago

30 by Ionliosite2 »»
26 minutes ago

» Vintage Anisong Hits

PlasticRobot - 2 hours ago

5 by PCEFanatic5 »»
33 minutes ago

» favorite anime under 50 episodes?

RedTea33 - 2 hours ago

11 by eblf2013 »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.