Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2016 11:54 PM
Jul 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Yes! Sawamura ownage time! This is how you get out of a rough situation. 6 pitches, 6 strikes, two outs!

Favorite moment is when Kataoka patted Sawamura telling him "Sorry that we had to rely on you". Looks like the tide is turning finally.
Jul 27, 2016 12:45 AM
Dec 2015
Best chapter in Act 2 to date.

Goosebumps. I don't know if because it's been long overdue but the reactions and faces of everyone, their commentaries felt so satisfyingly good. Like, this is Sawamura Eijun! Now bask in his awesomeness.

What made the whole situation so badass is because we all know what he's been through so this is momentous. I love all his ragefaces, especially that blazing sun look. He also seems to be so into it he's talking to himself in one panel! Oh, Eijun.

The moment with Kataoka is straight up heartwarming. Sure Eijun is angry but he still called him boss so we know he's not angry at Kataoka but it's weird he hasn't spoken a single word to Miyuki yet. Well, the flashbacks last chapter features Miyuki prominently so I'd say the blame is on him.

Eijun's atbat, I'm expecting a homerun (unlikely but still would be so cool to witness) or an RBI. Come on, Eijun! Show them the results of talent plus hardwork!
Loyalty06Jul 27, 2016 9:25 AM
Jul 27, 2016 1:46 AM
Jul 2015
He looks like he's about to hit a HOOME RUN!
Jul 27, 2016 3:46 AM

Jan 2011
Rio_Pascua said:
Best chapter in Act 2 to date. Eijun is on fire, his eyes even look like the sun in one panel.

His eyes was pretty like Hongo's eyes when they fought his team. It's giving me some chills.
Jul 27, 2016 4:45 AM

Apr 2008
The true ace emerges. Eijun is imperious. All that tenacity and anger focused and channeled into his pitching.

Kataoka, you do not deserve to have Eijun pitching for you. He is the true No. 1 of Seidou.

Okumura is looking again at Eijun with fresh new eyes. You still think he is just a loud mouth of no skill? You know you want to be his personal catcher now. It's not too late.
Jul 27, 2016 6:51 AM

Aug 2015
Rio_Pascua said:
Guys, chapter 43 will be a day or two late. Here's the raw though. But yeah, Eijun is rocking it!

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4695283575?pn=0&

Best chapter in Act 2 to date. Eijun is on fire, his eyes even look like the sun in one panel.
Just read the translation so don't know about that.
Jul 27, 2016 6:51 AM

Aug 2015
My Booooooi. Finally we get to see Sawamura go Insane. In before he hits a homerun against Amahisa
Jul 27, 2016 7:52 AM
Mar 2016
Furuya is monster, Mei is king, Amahisa is genius and Sawamura is a DEVIL. True ace is coming.
Jul 27, 2016 9:20 AM
Nov 2015
C'mon its your time to shine, you're not even gifted as like furuya but you can be the best.
Jul 27, 2016 9:21 AM
Jan 2016
leinaj said:
Furuya is monster, Mei is king, Amahisa is genius and Sawamura is a DEVIL. True ace is coming.

So true! I hope that things are going upwards for Sawamura now!
Jul 27, 2016 9:47 AM

Dec 2008
I have goosebumps, hands down the best chapter in Act II.
Shut them all up, Sawamura. You're the best!
Jul 27, 2016 2:36 PM
Oct 2015
This chapter was awesome, put a big grin on my face seeing Sawamura do awesome. Sawamura looks like and somewhat acts like Hongou in this chapter.
Sawamura Let's Go!!!
Jul 27, 2016 4:19 PM
Jun 2013
Finally Eijun doesn't get shafted or made into comedic relief. This is finally a turning point for him and hopefully the Coach will finally notice that.

it seems the coach and Miziyuki still are surprised that when he gets into form, he's better than Furuya. Starting to really be a tease an I'm getting tired of the whole "Sawamura, you're amazing, thanks for saving our asses. Now Furuya you're our ace and we need you to... blah blah blah." I hope the Coach realizes it because it seems like everyone else except him sees it
"If you really wanna know, then go see it with your own eyes, you bastard."

"You must really, really, try hard, huh?"

"Now that's shameful of you, brother. What is it that you've remembered that made you cry like that.."

"All you selfish bastards keep going on without me..."

"I thought that if I'd die, that's fine with me; anytime at all."

2manybadassquotes4me
Jul 27, 2016 5:49 PM

Jun 2012
About damn time.

Still not holding my breath for that No. 1 he so richly deserves though.
Jul 27, 2016 10:14 PM

May 2007
I think this is the first time when I read a DnA chapter so many times ! I love the "new" Sawamura.. The dude is not making funny reactions after succesful pitches as usual.
And the look of Kataoka coach in the last page looking at Eijun, I love it :D

Jul 27, 2016 11:15 PM

Jul 2009
Terajima Yuuji-shi, please i beg of you, let Sawamura hit at bat, even if it's a fluke I wanna see everyone's jaws drop xD Don't end his epicness with a lame strikeout that everyone will just laugh off.
Jul 28, 2016 1:22 AM

Aug 2007
I think Sawamura might get a hit, but not a home run. The other batters will help him scoring a point, though. ;)
I honestly expect Seido to loose, but Sawamura will be going out with a bam and make everyone understand the game could have been won, if he would've been switched in sooner. Nobody will blame Sawamura, because he's not going to loose any more runs and pitching the game of his life right now. That's the scenario I have in my head.
After the game Kataokawi ll have a serious talk with Miyuki, as both of them let Furuya pitch for too long and after that Miyuki also needs to give Sawamura some feedback/praise. He's probably not going to talk to him much during the game, but as his catcher and captain he needs to get his mouth open.
Jul 28, 2016 3:21 AM

Jan 2011
I really doubt they will lose. This is the final year of Kazuya. So, I'm pretty sure they want to have a Sawamura-Kazuya battery at Koushien.
Jul 28, 2016 3:49 AM
Dec 2015
It really feels the tides are about to change because Eijun showed up so gloriously and prove himself in front of all those people. Heck, the amount of praise he received in a single chapter was so much that I'm pleasantly surprised.

Since both Miyuki and Kataoka was sorely disappointed with Furuya, we know something will happen. I sure Furuya will not pitch in the finals if Seidou wins this.

Here's quite a useful statistics;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IGc_ZW5vLkwcjFPpVSWxsDhnFnLJxUZOPtX2QF1ziD8/edit#gid=1098637382
Jul 28, 2016 11:52 PM
Jan 2015
Lexxus said:
I really doubt they will lose. This is the final year of Kazuya. So, I'm pretty sure they want to have a Sawamura-Kazuya battery at Koushien.

even if they win this tournament , they won't go to Koushien .this isn't the summer tournament which decide it . so , I doubt they will win , author probably will save showoff of Seidou vs Inajitsu for summer , and well , with the way this game carry on , I really doubt there will be a comeback .

Eijun really did great though , he owned their batters so badly , he's on fire !!! he may hit something .Show them the results of your batting practice !!! and I like seeing Teitou's coach and boss reaction .Seriously , without Eijun , Furuya won't even go to Koushien !!! how many times now that he save Furuya's ass
Jul 29, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2015
frankykun13 said:
Lexxus said:

even if they win this tournament , they won't go to Koushien .this isn't the summer tournament which decide it . so , I doubt they will win , author probably will save showoff of Seidou vs Inajitsu for summer , and well , with the way this game carry on , I really doubt there will be a comeback .

Eijun really did great though , he owned their batters so badly , he's on fire !!! he may hit something .Show them the results of your batting practice !!! and I like seeing Teitou's coach and boss reaction .Seriously , without Eijun , Furuya won't even go to Koushien !!! how many times now that he save Furuya's ass
I'm pretty sure it will go like this. Seido manages to get a run this inning (Sawamura's at bat inning). Sawamura manages to stop the batters not giving them runs. But because the lead difference is to big the batters fail to catch up and Seido loses. So we lose because Kataoka didn't put in Sawamura earlier. And then in the summer it's the revenge final against Inashiro.
Jul 29, 2016 12:03 PM

Mar 2015
yesssssssssssss
Jul 29, 2016 1:42 PM

Sep 2010
Pitching was beastly but as much as I enjoyed it right now the next chapter seems even more interesting.

I don't know whatever the author is trolling us or not but so far, other than bunts and a fluke or two Sawamura never did anything at batting and yet here it's somewhat the last panel builds it up with him picking up the bat.

It shouldn't end with 3x woisho!! Right?

It would be incredible to see him actually do something at batting.

Truly if he were to do well at batting and then score some points and generally make the game turn around with Seidou at the top no one would ever be able to look down on him which I truly would want to see.

Even though he is really good and accomplished a lot everyone has been always been looking down on him and I really would want to see Sawamura slap them in the face in this game.

Then again, Amashita was build up to be OP for a long time so the only way this happens is if he looks down on Sawamura because if Sawamura actually win in full on out fight then it would be really strange.
Jul 29, 2016 10:11 PM

Jul 2012
This feels soo good after all the hardships he's been through šŸ˜­

Now look at him

Let's fucking go Sawamura!!!
Jul 30, 2016 3:39 AM
Mar 2016
True ace should have the ability to SAVE HIS TEAM, NOT DRAGGING HIS TEAM DOWN. This is a clear difference between sawamura and furuya. It`s clear who is truly the ace of seido. It would be a disappointment if after this game the coach still trust Furuya, I mean what`s the point of this chapter after showing this difference? It would be the author`s failure.
Jul 30, 2016 5:31 AM

Jan 2011
frankykun13 said:
even if they win this tournament , they won't go to Koushien .this isn't the summer tournament which decide it .

Ugh. I totally forgot about that this is a spring tournament and not summer lol
Jul 31, 2016 12:19 PM
Jun 2016
It would be nice for Sawamura to get a hit at his next at-bat. Can't see it being a homerun, but could be a grounder with a mistake in the fielders that get's him on base. Nothing too conspicuous.
Jun 3, 2017 12:51 AM
Jul 2018
I wanna cry because of Eijun's performance. He is so amazing and get the ace number my son.
Feb 7, 2023 12:02 PM
Jul 2020
I'm glad Sawamura is mad and is taking this EXTREMELY seriously
I really don't understand how the entire team just forgets how amazing Eijun's plays always are
He NEVER wavers despite the odds. Yes, he's very easily distracted but and gets excited and throws a ball.
But, he's by far the most consistent pitcher in Seido!

Love seeing him get the recognition that he deserves
Kataoka saying sorry was infuriating but I also loved the headpat 
He was SHOCKED with Eijun's strikeouts.

JUST LOVED THIS CHAPTER

More topics from this board

» Will Terajima-sensei continue this manga?

Petrarca25 - Feb 2

4 by EmiPyon »»
Feb 10, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 309 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 14, 2023

7 by sam_rg »»
Oct 14, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 308 Discussion

Lylaaz - Oct 29, 2022

10 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:12 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 307 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 22, 2022

7 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:08 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 306 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Oct 18, 2022

9 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:05 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.