Forum Settings
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2016 8:21 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I rather enjoyed this manga, a fun adventure with fantastic artwork and an interesting twist at the end, looking forward to reading the sequel.
Apr 30, 2020 4:16 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Hoooly crap. I've heard couple of good stuff about this manga, but... man was it a pretty neat read. CLAMP wows me yet again.
Really loved the humor (Mokona is cute and I did not mind the often meta humor towards RPGs), the drawings were a treat for the eyes (I love these character designs, who on CLAMP made these character designs??), and... look I dunno, not sure if this is a new favorite or not but it was definitely worth the read and worth getting it pre-owned in the long run. Need to find out where I can get the sequel, man.
The plot twist felt like it came out of nowhere though. Kinda wish there was a bit more foreshadowing for it, cuz otherwise it feels like it was made up on the last second.
May 7, 2022 2:31 PM
Jul 2020
Fario-P said:
Hoooly crap. I've heard couple of good stuff about this manga, but... man was it a pretty neat read. CLAMP wows me yet again.
Really loved the humor (Mokona is cute and I did not mind the often meta humor towards RPGs), the drawings were a treat for the eyes (I love these character designs, who on CLAMP made these character designs??), and... look I dunno, not sure if this is a new favorite or not but it was definitely worth the read and worth getting it pre-owned in the long run. Need to find out where I can get the sequel, man.
The plot twist felt like it came out of nowhere though. Kinda wish there was a bit more foreshadowing for it, cuz otherwise it feels like it was made up on the last second.

In volume 1, there’s a bonus chapter where CLAMP talks about the manga. It is confirmed that Mokona (Apapa) designed the characters and drew them throughout the series. (Mokona in MKR is named after Mokona Apapa).

In Clamp No Kiseki volume 4, where CLAMP had their interview regarding MKR, it was stated by Nanase Ohkawa that they really wanted to draw this ending for Part 1 (they most likely had it in mind since the beginning of the series). The feedback was pretty mixed apparently, so I don’t blame you for feeling that this ending came out of nowhere lol. I didn’t mind the ending tbh. I liked the surprise!

What I also learned from CNK was that some of the characters were named after cars 😂 it makes sense since CLAMP really wanted to depict mechanic-related things for people to remember it by lmao
azenobioMay 23, 2022 6:55 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Chapter 1 Discussion

Fario-P - Apr 30, 2020

0 by Fario-P »»
Apr 30, 2020 4:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.