Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 24, 2016 3:39 PM

Feb 2016
Eden2307 said:
SaturdayKrush said:

My comments were not ignorant as i've already stated I played many of the games, but for some strange reason you've taken extreme offense to me not liking the same video games you do. That's unfortunate and I do hope that eventually you'll be able to tolerate differing opinions in a respectable manner.
Respectable? You mean like saying certain games look terrible and aren't worth playing because they're older, due to my own narrow-mindedness? Or are you referring to passive aggressive replies that I can attempt to play off as my cool demeanor?

Why do you remain so aggressive and domineering? Maybe you just aren't accustomed to speaking with people who harbor different views. I don't know. There's zero animosity on my end. I don't troll, I simply just block people that can't be reasonable and go about my day.

There is no special ploy in motion to desecrate the purity of the Final Fantasy universe and upset its fans, or whatever . I didn't like some of the games and I don't recommend them to newer players just getting into the Final Fantasy brand. I'd rather people have the best experience possible than a medicore one. If it turns out that they liked the "best" games in the bunch then there's nobody stopping them from checking out the other games in the franchise. You didn't see me recommend Final Fantasy XIII either despite its beautiful graphics. I thought it sucked and so did a lot of people.
Jul 24, 2016 3:41 PM

Apr 2014
Mikasa said:
Since 15 and 12 are coming to PS4 soon, I'm planning on playing all the FF games in advance:

So my plan is:

FF4 (PSP Emulator)
FF6 (GBA)
FF7
FF8
then 9 and 10....

I'm not sure about 1,2,3 and 5.

Is this worth it? And what about the last four I mentioned. Are the storylines great?

Dont forget you can play final fantasy brave exvius while at work too o3o/
Jul 24, 2016 3:48 PM

Sep 2012
I was thinking of doing something like this too. I've played all of them except 1, 2, 11 and Lightning Returns. I personally think it might be worth it. My favorite games in the series are: Final Fantasy Tactics (my favorite game of all-time), Final Fantasy X and X-2, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 24, 2016 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
SaturdayKrush said:
Syrup- said:
You seem pretty mad dude. How about you calm down instead.

Once again, there's no need for an attitude. I believe you'll find things much more enjoyable by doing away with those negative feelings. There's no need for any of this. Where all here to talk about the games in an objective manner.
lmao buddy you don't need to reply to everything, and it's the reason you're getting so upset. I mean, if you're so calm why would you say "where" instead of "we're" ;)
Jul 24, 2016 4:45 PM

Feb 2016
Syrup- said:
SaturdayKrush said:

Once again, there's no need for an attitude. I believe you'll find things much more enjoyable by doing away with those negative feelings. There's no need for any of this. Where all here to talk about the games in an objective manner.
lmao buddy you don't need to reply to everything, and it's the reason you're getting so upset. I mean, if you're so calm why would you say "where" instead of "we're" ;)

When someone quotes me I get a notification and often reply. It seems like your intent is to troll? Honestly, I often liked reading your posts, but its a shame when I finally get to speak with you I get presented with the type of personality I don't particularly care for. Anywho, moving on now out of respect to the OP. Thread doesn't need to be derailed any further.
Jul 24, 2016 4:51 PM

Feb 2013
SaturdayKrush said:
Eden2307 said:
Respectable? You mean like saying certain games look terrible and aren't worth playing because they're older, due to my own narrow-mindedness? Or are you referring to passive aggressive replies that I can attempt to play off as my cool demeanor?

Why do you remain so aggressive and domineering? Maybe you just aren't accustomed to speaking with people who harbor different views. I don't know. There's zero animosity on my end. I don't troll, I simply just block people that can't be reasonable and go about my day.

There is no special ploy in motion to desecrate the purity of the Final Fantasy universe and upset its fans, or whatever . I didn't like some of the games and I don't recommend them to newer players just getting into the Final Fantasy brand. I'd rather people have the best experience possible than a medicore one. If it turns out that they liked the "best" games in the bunch then there's nobody stopping them from checking out the other games in the franchise. You didn't see me recommend Final Fantasy XIII either despite its beautiful graphics. I thought it sucked and so did a lot of people.
Obviously you're never going to stop replying and you don't know what you're talking about or even properly read my posts to make adequate replies actually relevant to what I'm saying, so I'm done replying to you now.

Also, I see you for some reason mentioned FF XIII which only proves my point really. I tl;dr'd the majority of your post when I came to the early conclusion it was just as worthless as your others tho.
Jul 24, 2016 5:59 PM

Jan 2013
SaturdayKrush said:
Syrup- said:

When someone quotes me I get a notification and often reply. It seems like your intent is to troll? Honestly, I often liked reading your posts, but its a shame when I finally get to speak with you I get presented with the type of personality I don't particularly care for. Anywho, moving on now out of respect to the OP. Thread doesn't need to be derailed any further.

>come in here saying the classic era of Final Fantasy is not worth playing at all
>cite Chrono Trigger as an example of a better game to play
>slander the PSX generation saying it had shit tier graphics
>get mad when people tell you how retarded you sound
>backpedal and try to use FFXIII as an example of a game you don't recommend despite having the graphical upper hand
>resort to meaningless appeal to character in order for me to feel bad about disagreeing with you

I'm not really sure why I wasted time communicating with you either. It's nice that you enjoyed my posts in the past, but I don't make posts to win favourites.
Jul 24, 2016 6:21 PM

Nov 2014
Syrup- said:
SaturdayKrush said:

>come in here saying the classic era of Final Fantasy is not worth playing at all
>cite Chrono Trigger as an example of a better game to play
>slander the PSX generation saying it had shit tier graphics
>get mad when people tell you how retarded you sound
>backpedal and try to use FFXIII as an example of a game you don't recommend despite having the graphical upper hand
>resort to meaningless appeal to character in order for me to feel bad about disagreeing with you

I'm not really sure why I wasted time communicating with you either. It's nice that you enjoyed my posts in the past, but I don't make posts to win favourites.

NERDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Jul 25, 2016 12:50 AM

Feb 2011
Mikasa said:
No I know. Already played 12 and 13.

12 is my all time favorite RPG and my second fav game of all time.
Just wondering about the rest. I heard 9 is especially good. Does it have Skyrim's disconnect/lack of emotion that comes with mass generated dialogue?

Not really sure what you mean by the comparison to Skyrim as Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy couldn't be any further apart in terms of design philosophy.

However, I actually argue that Final Fantasy IX is, without any exaggeration or hyperbole, not only the best game in the series, but also one of the best games ever made. Cutting edge visuals for the time, brilliant music, well balanced difficulty and satisfying combat, plus some of the most complex and layered characters I've ever seen in a video game.

At the core, it is a story of belonging, but it also touches on existentialism, humanism, life and death, humanity, family, loss, loyalty, unrequited love and so on and so forth. Although I didn't fully appreciate it when I first played it, playing it multiple times and taking the time to actually think about and analyze it made me realize that Final Fantasy IX is absolutely brilliant and the magnum opus of the series and Hironobu Sakaguchi's writing magnum opus.
Jul 25, 2016 4:54 AM

Mar 2012
Thanks to everyone who offered their suggestion. The biggest problem right now is: Ports.
I'm mostly interested in playing 6. Actually 9 but given that it's the most technologically advanced, I don't wanna keep "downgrading" the game experience from a tech-standpoint if you know what I mean. Also, are the games well-ported onto the iOS?

Ozul said:
FF1 - I wouldn't recommend it. It was a great game for it's time, when all you had were linear games like mario or tetris, but I don't think it stands the test of time. It felt more like a chore to play this game.

FF2 - I liked it. The characters felt more fully fleshed, and the story had more substance to it. This is still far from the ideal final fantasy game, but it had the ingredients that were needed for an enjoyably experience. The ingredients, but not the recipe, unfortunately.

FF3 - I've never played it, so I can't comment on it.

FF4 - This is one of my favorites. An absolute gem of a game, this had an amazing, deep plot, wonderful characters, the debut of the active battle system, airships, and so much more that has become a mainstream of the final fantasy series. I think this was the game that got rid of generic protagonists and gave us complex individuals struggling with issues such as love, hate, honor, duty, betrayal, and redemption. Play it, you spoony bard.

FF5 - I tried to enjoy it, but I couldn't. The plot is the cliche "a great evil is discovered" that has been used by countless rpg's, the characters aren't even close to being developed like the FF4 cast, Exdeath is just plain evil, nothing more, nothing less, with no motives being really explained. Don't get me wrong - it's a very good game, but it suffers from the fact that it is worse than all the other FF games. (Except for the nes games)

FF6 - This is my absolute favorite game of all time. Rather than focusing on a single character and a few tag-alongs, Final Fantasy VI features a playable cast of over a dozen characters, nearly all of whom receive a great deal of development, and none of whom truly receive the focus of the story. It's tough to say who the MC is. The music is Uematsu at his best - each and every track is a classic. The gameplay is fantastic, with each character having his own special attack to use in battle. There's a lot of variety to the special abilities of each character, so no two parties are ever alike. The plot isn't very original, I must say, but the delivery is mind blowing. And it also has the best villain of the FF series (suck it Sephiroth). One of the best and most memorable games of all time in my opinion.

FF7 - This is a mixed bag, and far from the best jrpg of all time. The combat graphics are superb, and the gameplay is fantastic. The non - combat graphics are goofy as hell though, and the plot is terrible. It's just so confused and unfathomably muddled. It starts with Cloud joining a terrorist organization and it eventually leads to stuff like mako energy, hojo, Sephiroth, the ancients, vampires. The characters are stupid as well. You have a mercenary, black dude with a gun for his arm, boobs, red talking dog, flower girl who can save the world, ninja girl, vincent the vampire and "cait sith" - A cat on top of a stuffed animal, fighting with a megaphone. Wut? With that said, the game itself isn't bad. You have a vast world, with a lot of mini-games and many opportunities. I'd recommend it, it's not a bad game. But it's far, far from the best game in the FF series, let alone the best game of all time.

FF8 - What I love about 8 is the plot. 8 does what 7 failed to do, and gave us a consistent, entertaining plot. The game has one of the best RPG stories ever created, strong characterization, a great, albeit flawed battle system and some great music as well. The gameplay can get very confusing, so most people put down this game because the draw system is too complex for them. Don't make that mistake. The graphics are a massive step up from FF7 as well.

FF9 - This one goes back to the roots of the FF series. It strives to have a theme like the snes trilogy, and it succeeds in doing so. The characters are bland, I'll be blunt. They don't have complex backstories like previous games, and it seems like square really tried to make this game a lot simpler. It's a very enjoyable game though, with a decent story, great music, and good graphics.

FF10 - I haven't played it! I really must do so soon.

Btw, if you like FF12, you'll love FFtactics, a prequel to the FF12 universe. It has the absolute best story of any FF game in my opinion, and the gameplay is extremely fun. I swear strategy rpg's are severely underrated. You can even get Balthier as a playable character in the psp remake. (Which is the version you should be playing) I definitely recommend you play this one too - It's up there with other, mainstream FF's.

Thanks for the explanation, I started with IV and VI for now, and gonna see if I like it. Right now I'm going for the story and world building.

Problem with 4 so far is way too many fights. I don't like these surprise figts that pop up of the same monsters. But we'll see where it goes from there.

I gotta admit though, it feels more like a portable game to me. Something I'd play while on the train. Is it okay if I play the iOS versions?
End Zionazism
Jul 25, 2016 5:15 AM

Nov 2012
@mikasa

Caim, who I asked the same question about the ports and what best they should be played, his opinion of course:

Final Fantasy I - II (GBA)
Final Fantasy III (PC)
Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
Final Fantasy V (SNES)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES + Ted Woolsey uncensored edition)
Final Fantasy VII (Steam)
Final Fantasy VIII (Steam)
Final Fantasy IX (Playstation)
Final Fantasy X (PS4)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)
Jul 25, 2016 5:26 AM

Nov 2010
Just play all of them starting from 6, you won't know which one you'll like unless you play them yourself, and honestly all of them are at least good. And all of them are worth trying.

You may skip 7 and wait for the remake, but sooner or later you must play it. Cloud's plotline is a goddamn masterpiece. And for the love of god DO NOT play crisis core before 7. It is a prequel, but it spoils the best and most surprising parts of 7.

All in all, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are must plays.

Also you may want to try Xenogears, even though it wasn't finished and the second disc is just a summary of the story with pictures, it is still one of the, if not THE best story ever written for games. At first it seems like the most cliche story ever, but once it reveals its cards it reaches top tier levels.
Jul 25, 2016 6:12 AM

Jun 2015
Mikasa said:
Thanks to everyone who offered their suggestion. The biggest problem right now is: Ports.
I'm mostly interested in playing 6. Actually 9 but given that it's the most technologically advanced, I don't wanna keep "downgrading" the game experience from a tech-standpoint if you know what I mean. Also, are the games well-ported onto the iOS?

Ozul said:
FF1 - I wouldn't recommend it. It was a great game for it's time, when all you had were linear games like mario or tetris, but I don't think it stands the test of time. It felt more like a chore to play this game.

FF2 - I liked it. The characters felt more fully fleshed, and the story had more substance to it. This is still far from the ideal final fantasy game, but it had the ingredients that were needed for an enjoyably experience. The ingredients, but not the recipe, unfortunately.

FF3 - I've never played it, so I can't comment on it.

FF4 - This is one of my favorites. An absolute gem of a game, this had an amazing, deep plot, wonderful characters, the debut of the active battle system, airships, and so much more that has become a mainstream of the final fantasy series. I think this was the game that got rid of generic protagonists and gave us complex individuals struggling with issues such as love, hate, honor, duty, betrayal, and redemption. Play it, you spoony bard.

FF5 - I tried to enjoy it, but I couldn't. The plot is the cliche "a great evil is discovered" that has been used by countless rpg's, the characters aren't even close to being developed like the FF4 cast, Exdeath is just plain evil, nothing more, nothing less, with no motives being really explained. Don't get me wrong - it's a very good game, but it suffers from the fact that it is worse than all the other FF games. (Except for the nes games)

FF6 - This is my absolute favorite game of all time. Rather than focusing on a single character and a few tag-alongs, Final Fantasy VI features a playable cast of over a dozen characters, nearly all of whom receive a great deal of development, and none of whom truly receive the focus of the story. It's tough to say who the MC is. The music is Uematsu at his best - each and every track is a classic. The gameplay is fantastic, with each character having his own special attack to use in battle. There's a lot of variety to the special abilities of each character, so no two parties are ever alike. The plot isn't very original, I must say, but the delivery is mind blowing. And it also has the best villain of the FF series (suck it Sephiroth). One of the best and most memorable games of all time in my opinion.

FF7 - This is a mixed bag, and far from the best jrpg of all time. The combat graphics are superb, and the gameplay is fantastic. The non - combat graphics are goofy as hell though, and the plot is terrible. It's just so confused and unfathomably muddled. It starts with Cloud joining a terrorist organization and it eventually leads to stuff like mako energy, hojo, Sephiroth, the ancients, vampires. The characters are stupid as well. You have a mercenary, black dude with a gun for his arm, boobs, red talking dog, flower girl who can save the world, ninja girl, vincent the vampire and "cait sith" - A cat on top of a stuffed animal, fighting with a megaphone. Wut? With that said, the game itself isn't bad. You have a vast world, with a lot of mini-games and many opportunities. I'd recommend it, it's not a bad game. But it's far, far from the best game in the FF series, let alone the best game of all time.

FF8 - What I love about 8 is the plot. 8 does what 7 failed to do, and gave us a consistent, entertaining plot. The game has one of the best RPG stories ever created, strong characterization, a great, albeit flawed battle system and some great music as well. The gameplay can get very confusing, so most people put down this game because the draw system is too complex for them. Don't make that mistake. The graphics are a massive step up from FF7 as well.

FF9 - This one goes back to the roots of the FF series. It strives to have a theme like the snes trilogy, and it succeeds in doing so. The characters are bland, I'll be blunt. They don't have complex backstories like previous games, and it seems like square really tried to make this game a lot simpler. It's a very enjoyable game though, with a decent story, great music, and good graphics.

FF10 - I haven't played it! I really must do so soon.

Btw, if you like FF12, you'll love FFtactics, a prequel to the FF12 universe. It has the absolute best story of any FF game in my opinion, and the gameplay is extremely fun. I swear strategy rpg's are severely underrated. You can even get Balthier as a playable character in the psp remake. (Which is the version you should be playing) I definitely recommend you play this one too - It's up there with other, mainstream FF's.

Thanks for the explanation, I started with IV and VI for now, and gonna see if I like it. Right now I'm going for the story and world building.

Problem with 4 so far is way too many fights. I don't like these surprise figts that pop up of the same monsters. But we'll see where it goes from there.

I gotta admit though, it feels more like a portable game to me. Something I'd play while on the train. Is it okay if I play the iOS versions?

No problem fam. FF4 on ios is pretty good, but I thought FF6 on ios was very poorly handled. Best if you play that on the gba.

FF4 monsters can get very tedious, yes. Wait till you get to the final dungeon, or you need to grind. But it's an old-school rpg, frustrating random encounters are expected.

And do play FF tactics : the war of the lions as well. If it's a good plot you want, there's no better game than this.
InsaniusJul 25, 2016 6:18 AM
Jul 25, 2016 7:41 AM

May 2012
Ozul said:
Mikasa said:

No problem fam. FF4 on ios is pretty good, but I thought FF6 on ios was very poorly handled. Best if you play that on the gba.

FF4 monsters can get very tedious, yes. Wait till you get to the final dungeon, or you need to grind. But it's an old-school rpg, frustrating random encounters are expected.

And do play FF tactics : the war of the lions as well. If it's a good plot you want, there's no better game than this.

FF6 ran fine on android (I had galaxy S3 when i played it). The visuals are much better than gba version
https://id.techinasia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Final-Fantasy-VI-Screenshot.jpg
Jul 25, 2016 7:46 AM

Jun 2015
thepath said:
Ozul said:

FF6 ran fine on android (I had galaxy S3 when i played it). The visuals are much better than gba version
https://id.techinasia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Final-Fantasy-VI-Screenshot.jpg

Heh, maybe nostalgia is clouding my judgement, but it's not about the graphics, but the general map layout, menu, battle screen etc.
Jul 26, 2016 2:39 AM

Oct 2013
I dont know much about the ports but I think FF6 for GBA is best. You can get some custom patches to replace the music with SNES version (same thing but much better quality) and GBA version is quite bright too when compared to the original so theres a patch for that too.

And lastly, the GBA version has a much better and far more accurate script to match the Japanese version. SNES version had a very blunt and hilarious script from what I hear and a lot of references and meems stem from it.

Theres a patch to blend the two translations together so if you don't wanna miss out on the meems n refrences then you can try that

As for where to get them and how to apply them? Unfortunately your going to have to google that. I just found some on some random YouTube video. Gonna apply em myself whenever I beat FF10.

Speaking of which.

FF10 (PC) especially if you want Japanese Audio and English Subs (requires a mod. Easy to install)

FF13 (PC) port is crappy but it gets the job done and Allows Dual Audio.

I'm quite new into the series myself so thats all I can say.

Just pick out whats most interesting and keep trying each 1 until one works for you and don't ask people's opinion on what the best 1s are since every FF game will be different for everyone.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jul 26, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2016
Play FFIX, FFX, FFIV, FFVI and ignore the rest.
FFXII is optional because there is a remake coming out soon. I think its best not to spoil the story.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
9 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

55 by BitChilly »»
13 minutes ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

524 by SnipeStrike »»
1 hour ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
5 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.