Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Which is the better girl?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 14, 2016 9:30 AM

Jan 2014
Jul 14, 2016 11:52 AM

Mar 2010
Veldin461 said:
Who's Emilia, again?
Being serious now, last arc almost did it but this arc is making Emilia be almost irrelevant, for now(not complaining, though) xD

Then you need go back rewatch that arc because except for the climax (episode 10-11) she played role every episode including saving Subaru's reckless ass for the 2nd time. She also basically the damn cause of his depression and the Witch Cult attack.
Iron_MawJul 14, 2016 12:01 PM
Jul 14, 2016 12:40 PM

Jun 2016
Ram of course (no typo)
Jul 14, 2016 3:06 PM

Sep 2014
Rem is the only answer. Absolute sweet heart to subaru and shows unconditional love. After the recent episode really couldn't see it any other way. To bad she isnt the lead female protagonist, she loses by default to Emillia
davinci12Jul 14, 2016 3:11 PM
Jul 14, 2016 3:12 PM

May 2015
Rance-sama said:
Rem, easily. Fuck off half-elf scum.

You, I like you. Here, take this cookie for wise words.

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 14, 2016 3:33 PM

Sep 2013
Rem is the best girl for Subaru

But Emilia is best girl
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2016 4:05 PM

Jun 2016
davinci12 said:
To bad she isnt the lead female protagonist, she loses by default to Emillia

The main love interest for the male lead character doesn't necessarily have to be the lead female protagonist. But I agree about Rem losing to Emilia by default, the author of this series makes this one quite obvious.
Jul 14, 2016 4:08 PM

Feb 2014
crx07 said:
I have difficulty deciding on who the best girl will be. Actually my #1-#5 are tied, but I have to rank, so, here it is.

Worst girl:

You made my day, thx

I agree, people are taking fictional characters too seriously. Best girl is up to the author who has complete control on characters development
Jul 14, 2016 4:11 PM

Sep 2014
Noumu said:
davinci12 said:
To bad she isnt the lead female protagonist, she loses by default to Emillia

The main love interest for the male lead character doesn't necessarily have to be the lead female protagonist. But I agree about Rem losing to Emilia by default, the author of this series makes this one quite obvious.

99% of the time the lead female protagonist is the love interest. Rem really doesnt have a chance, even tho emilia has been a generic mary sue so far
Jul 14, 2016 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
davinci12 said:
Noumu said:

99% of the time the lead female protagonist is the love interest. Rem really doesnt have a chance, even tho emilia has been a generic mary sue so far

No she hasn't been a Mary Sue. She isn't perfect, but virtuous. Were she perfect, she'd have defeated Elsa. She wouldn't have been killed by Elsa. She wouldn't need Subaru's warning of Elsa's sneak attack. She'd have solved the issue with the Shaman by herself. She'd not have lost her insignia. She'd not need the help of Puck. She'd stand up for herself, against the other candidates. ... She had been on a losing streak. So yeah.
Jul 14, 2016 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
crx07 said:
But Crusch is mine, not Subaru's.
We will have a problem here, because I wouldn't let you win her that easily.

OT: Roswaal x Subaru is the perfect pairing. Subaru x Old Man Rom it's the hottest one, however. Rem-rin is for Betelgeuse-kun after all, so she cannot be for Subaru.
Jul 14, 2016 4:40 PM

Jul 2015
Isn't Felix-chan the best girl for Subaru? If not, we can also make a harem and Betelgeuse-chan could be his waifu.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 14, 2016 4:44 PM
Jul 2016
i vote for rem because emilia seems like she doesnt even care about him and rem is there for him all the time
Jul 14, 2016 4:54 PM

Mar 2010
gabe_croce said:
i vote for rem because emilia seems like she doesnt even care about him and rem is there for him all the time

-Saves his life twice
-Let's him live her home
-Gives hims emotional support
-Defended him when everyone else suspicious of him
-Is currently paying for his gate treatment so he use magic and... you know not die

While other one was murdering the living fuck outta of him just a week ago.

And some how Rem has suddenly cared for him all the time and Emilia never did?

Are MAL posters in general really this fickle and forgetful? :/
Jul 14, 2016 6:13 PM

Sep 2011
Jagd84 said:
Veldin461 said:
Who's Emilia, again?
Being serious now, last arc almost did it but this arc is making Emilia be almost irrelevant, for now(not complaining, though) xD

Then you need go back rewatch that arc because except for the climax (episode 10-11) she played role every episode including saving Subaru's reckless ass for the 2nd time. She also basically the damn cause of his depression and the Witch Cult attack.

She's not the cause. She's one of the causes and at most you can say it's the worse one.
Also, my point stands. Compare what Emilia has done and her focus for the past two arcs with Rem's... that makes Emilia feel almost irrelevant to the point that her being on the screen right now doesn't even matter until we find a way to save her ass. Last good moment she had was the lap scene.
I'm not really saying she's irrelevant I'm making a comparison and sorry if you don't get it xD
Jul 14, 2016 6:23 PM

Sep 2014
Rehls said:
davinci12 said:

No she hasn't been a Mary Sue. She isn't perfect, but virtuous. Were she perfect, she'd have defeated Elsa. She wouldn't have been killed by Elsa. She wouldn't need Subaru's warning of Elsa's sneak attack. She'd have solved the issue with the Shaman by herself. She'd not have lost her insignia. She'd not need the help of Puck. She'd stand up for herself, against the other candidates. ... She had been on a losing streak. So yeah.

Pretty sure she's your run of the mill mary sue.....You don't even know what it means do you?
Jul 14, 2016 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
davinci12 said:
Rehls said:

Pretty sure she's your run of the mill mary sue.....You don't even know what it means do you?

Pretty sure you fell for the deception. She isn't one. She isn't wish-fullfilment. She isn't unreal. I forgot to add the obvious - she's receiving support from someone more capable than her. Yeah, Roswaal.
Jul 14, 2016 6:50 PM
Mar 2016
Illyricus said:
crx07 said:
But Crusch is mine, not Subaru's.
I actually don't like Crusch that much before. But episode 13 or 14 of the anime changed my mind.
Illyricus said:
Rem-rin is for Betelgeuse-kun after all, so she cannot be for Subaru.
That's right!

It's a bit funny that their reunion
davinci12 said:
Emilia obviously acts like Mary Sue, but she usually fails, and her background is very dubious and suspicious. Acting like a Mary Sue does not mean Emilia is a Mary Sue when she even FAILS to save the day. And Emilia even sometimes fail to act Mary Sue.
I will show my points that Emilia is NOT Mary Sue.
1. She needs Reinhard to get the insignia that Felt stole.
2. She is easily butchered by the bowel woman.
3. She cannot even protect Subaru from being hurt by the violet-haired man.
4. She cannot use magic. Subaru can.
5. She needs Roswaal to beat the CG dogs. Why would not she go there and beat the CG dogs?

Not only that, her background is dubious and suspicious. She may have a relationship with Satella. Rumors say that Satella is a feared half-elf witch with a silver hair. Sounds like Emilia. That's weird.

You don't know the definition of Mary Sue. Google it yourself.
Jul 14, 2016 6:59 PM

Mar 2010
Veldin461 said:
Jagd84 said:

She's not the cause. She's one of the causes and at most you can say it's the worse one.
Also, my point stands. Compare what Emilia has done and her focus for the past two arcs with Rem's... that makes Emilia feel almost irrelevant to the point that her being on the screen right now doesn't even matter until we find a way to save her ass. Last good moment she had was the lap scene.
I'm not really saying she's irrelevant I'm making a comparison and sorry if you don't get it xD

Okay, I'll leave out the small talks because Subaru did that with everyone equally

Arc 2
Emilia
-Preformed first aid on Subaru saving his life and brought him to the manor
-Revealed she is a princess
-Had Puck gauge some of Subaru's intentions
-Defended him from accusations of being a spy
-Provided emotional support that allow Subaru get himself back together and solve the mystery at mansion
-Gave him the fruit that restores mana
-Saved Suabru ass again spending almost all of her mana to heal his wounds
-Went on a date with him

Rem
-Went to village with him
-Killed him
-Tortured him in another loop
-Worked him to rescue the kids
-Tried to go after the mabeast to lift the curse, but needing up needing to be rescued
-Guess she talked with him at the end?

Arc 3
Emilia
-Rearranged a deal with Felix and Crucsh to have his manga gate repaired.
-Attends the Royal Eletcion meeting and states her position on what she wants for the country
-Gets in argument with Subaru and cuts tires with him due to being unable to understand him.
-Assigns Rem to oversee his treatment.
-dies in the village twice

Rem
-Turns a blind eye to Suabru speaking into the Royal Election
-Knocks him out with a sleep spell at an inn
-dies in the village
-Tries to bring him back to manor in the 2nd loop to Emilia in hopes she could cure his breakdown by seeing her
-dies trying protect Subaru.

Eh sorry but not really.

Again you're stance still doesn't make any sense. To begin with for some to be irrelevant in the story means not to be connect to ongoing in the plot at all. Not only does no such character exist due to logic, Emilia is the least person to be that whether you like her or not. She royal election candidate, the one the Witch Cult is after due to looking like Satella, the reason why Subaru is depressed and currently in his funk right now. Hell she more important to plot than Subaru is and we only just viewing things from his perspective as he tries to be a wild card in things that normally concern him. A person's important has more to do with just screentime she had ample amount in just two episodes ago where Rem practically disappeared until episode 14. The plot is revolving around her regardless if she with Subaru or not.

davinci12 said:
Rehls said:

If that was case she would have beaten Elsa, not died several times, be discriminated against, would have immediately understood what Subaru was unable to talk about rather than misinterpreting him etc.

Just because somebody is generally kind does not make them a Mary Sue.
Iron_MawJul 14, 2016 7:32 PM
Jul 14, 2016 7:16 PM

Sep 2014
Jagd84 said:
Veldin461 said:

Okay, i'll leave out the small talks because Subaru did that with everyone equally

Arc 2
Emilia
-Preformed first aid on Subaru saving his life and brought him to the manor
-Revealed she princess
-Had Puck gauge some of his intentions
-Defended him from accusations of being a spy
-Provided emotional support that allow Subaru get himself back together and solve the mystery at mansion
-Gave him the fruit that restores mana
-Saved Suabru ass again spending almost all of her mana to heal his wounds
-Went on a date with him

Rem
-Went to village with him
-Killed him
-Tortured him in another loop
-Worked him to rescue the kids
-Tried to go after the mabeast to lift the curse, but needing up needing to be rescued
-Guess she talked with him at the end?

Eh sorry but not really.

Again you're stance still doesn't make any sense. To begin with for some to be irrelevant in the story means not to be connect to ongoing in the plot at all. Not only does no such character exist due to logic, Emilia is the least person to be that whether you like her or not. She royal election candidate, the one the Witch Cult is after due to looking like Satella, the reason why Subaru is depressed and currently in his funk right now. Hell she more important to plot than Subaru is and we only just viewing things from his perspective as he tries to be a wild card in things that normally concern him. A person's important has more to do with just screentime she had ample amount in just two episodes ago where Rem practically disappeared until episode 14. The plot is revolving around her regardless if she with Subaru or not.

davinci12 said:

If that was case she would beaten Elsa, not died several times, be discriminated against, would have immediately understood what Subaru was unable to talk about rather than misinterpreting him etc.

Just because somebody is generally kind does not make them a Mary Sue.

I love how triggered you people are lol
Jul 14, 2016 7:22 PM

Nov 2007
This should be more than enough — There is only one girl who considers Subaru a reason to die for.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 14, 2016 7:23 PM

Mar 2010
davinci12 said:

Correcting misinformation is being triggered now? :/
Jul 14, 2016 7:30 PM

Mar 2010
FononZero said:

Satella
-gives him powers so he can never die
-is likely the source of his magic power (in-shamac)
-probably the strongest ally to have in the entire show

lol, i don't really count Satella because she more villain.

For your 2nd point, Satella isn't connect to that. That's actually just Subaru innate attribute. Betty is Shadow user too, unfortunately the anime left this information out.

So we look at this in reverse doesn't mean Subaru is the best person for Emilia since he's only one in this world who is wiling to die for her and has? He's only person who accepts the fact she is half-elf and not some hellspawn.
Jul 14, 2016 7:34 PM

Aug 2015
davinci12 said:

They are "triggered" because you use words you don't even understand and spread misinformation/misconception. For someone using images of characters like Makise Kurisu or Okabe Rintarou, you aren't reacting very smart.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 14, 2016 7:41 PM

Sep 2014
Tony_SansNom said:
davinci12 said:

They are "triggered" because you use words you don't even understand and spread misinformation/misconception. For someone using images of characters like Makise Kurisu or Okabe Rintarou, you aren't reacting very smart.

This is getting pathetic google mary sue emilia hits a lot of the traits for being a "mary sue" not every single one. Smh gotta defend your waifu to the last breathe i guess
davinci12Jul 14, 2016 7:44 PM
Jul 14, 2016 7:43 PM

Nov 2007
Jagd84 said:

So we look at this in reverse doesn't mean Subaru is the best person for Emilia since he's only one in this world who is wiling to die for her and has? He's only person who accepts the fact she is half-elf and not some hellspawn.

Well, Subaru enjoyed a leap of faith for Rem, the only time he voluntarily took his life; if that wasn't enough, he gave her a reason to look forward in life. But the biggest argument at this point is that Rem loves Subaru, which is, if wasn't already in recent episodes, confirmed in episode 15. Also, the discussion is who is best for Subaru and not who Subaru is best for.

I am not a hater. I like Emilia and I like her a lot. However, there just hasn't been enough shown in the anime (bear in mind that I don't have any knowledge of the source material) to make me consider her ahead of Rem. Future episodes may change my opinion, but as of now, I don't see any competition.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 14, 2016 7:50 PM

Aug 2015
davinci12 said:
Tony_SansNom said:

This is getting pathetic google mary sue emilia hits a lot of the traits for being a "mary sue" not every single one. Smh gotta defend your waifu to the last breathe i guess

A woman who fails at everything she does and needs others to succeed is a mary sue? Kindness and righteousness alone don't make a female character a mary sue.

Jul 14, 2016 7:57 PM

Sep 2014
Tony_SansNom said:
davinci12 said:

A woman who fails at everything she does and needs others to succeed is a mary sue? Kindness and righteousness alone don't make a female character a mary sue.

She's smart, beautiful, talented, righteous, goody two shoes, wish fullfillment character for male viewers (llike asuna from sao) gee sounds like a mary sue to me.
Jul 14, 2016 8:00 PM

Mar 2010
davinci12 said:
Tony_SansNom said:

By that logic we apply that to anyone character. That's not how it works anyway, you're either a mary sue or not. Terms like that aren't half-assed.

shanimebib said:
Jagd84 said:

Well, Subaru enjoyed a leap of faith for Rem, the only time he voluntarily took his life; if that wasn't enough, he gave her a reason to look forward in life. But the biggest argument at this point is that Rem loves Subaru, which is, if wasn't already in recent episodes, confirmed in episode 15. Also, the discussion is who is best for Subaru and not who Subaru is best for.

I am not a hater. I like Emilia and I like her a lot. However, there just hasn't been enough shown in the anime (bear in mind that I don't have any knowledge of the source material) to make me consider her ahead of Rem. Future episodes may change my opinion, but as of now, I don't see any competition.

My point is exactly that though. There is no competition because the romantic triangle is looking like this Rem-->Subaru-->Emilia. And Subaru choose to die back in ep 7 for multiple reasons that weren't just for Rem (and he did for Ram) and more importantly wasn't for romantic reason, but because it was dead world where he could no longer stay in mansion with Emilia and co.

Rem loving Subaru doesn't really mean she wins anything unless he returns those feelings, same with Emilia towards him. So while you may pick your sides nothing is set in stone, not by a long shot. The story is still at early stages relative to it's length in regards to romance. I'm just not ignoring the obvious setup.
Jul 14, 2016 8:02 PM

Sep 2014
Jagd84 said:
davinci12 said:

By that logic we apply that to anyone character. That's not how it works anyway, you're either a mary sue or not. Terms like that aren't half-assed.

shanimebib said:

My point is exactly that though. There is no competition because the romantic triangle is looking like this Rem-->Subaru-->Emilia. And Subaru choose to die back in ep 7 for multiple reasons that weren't just for Rem (and he did for Ram) and more importantly wasn't for romantic reason, but because it was dead world where he could no longer stay in mansion with Emilia and co.

Rem loving Subaru doesn't really mean anything unless he returns those feelings, same with Emilia. So while you may pick your sides nothing is set in stone, not by a long shot. I'm just not ignoring the obvious setup.

Yeah you can apply it to a lot of characters because a fucking mary sue (If you bothered to look up the fucking term) is a broad term with no real definition. Jesus christ. A lot of people use the term for a perfect looking generic wish fulfillment character who is a goody two shoe's more or less.
davinci12Jul 14, 2016 8:08 PM
Jul 14, 2016 8:05 PM

Aug 2015
davinci12 said:
She's smart,
How is she smart?

beautiful
Almost any character in fiction is. Main characters and heroes...are never ugly in these types of arts.

talented
You are making quite the assumption there.

righteous, goody two shoes,
You don't have to add two similar terms to try and validate your point. Are you that desperate?

wish fullfillment character for male viewers (llike asuna from sao)
What? Because she's beautiful? How many characters are "like asuna from sao" before asuna was even created or thought of then? Why do you even bring sao on the table?

gee sounds like a mary sue to me.

That isn't a mary sue. A mary sue would understand Subaru in ep.13. A mary sue would know what he is going through. A mary sue and fulfilment character wouldn't have "abandonned" him there.

Thinking about it a little, you could make the list grow longer and longer. Your point is invalid.

Jul 14, 2016 8:11 PM

Mar 2010
davinci12 said:

She's smart,

This not a trait of mary sue. Plenty of characters in this show are smart.

beautiful,

Again plenty of characters in this show are like this.

talented,

See above

righteous

see above

goody two shoes

see above

See above

A mary sue isn't whatever you say it is, nor where nearly as board as make it out to be.

Everything you said here could be applied to several characters within the cast and even the one in your avatar. So um yeah no.

davinci12 said:

Yeah you can apply it to a lot of characters because a fucking mary sue (If you bothered to look up the fucking term) is a broad term with no real definition. Jesus christ. A lot of people use the term for a perfect looking generic wish fulfillment character who is a goody two shoe's more or less.

Dude, you can throw as many buzzwords around as you want, they don't mean anything when at the end of the day just different ways of saying I don't like this character for this flimsy reason. It's gonna be wrong because the terms are being misapplied no matter how much you say it.
Iron_MawJul 14, 2016 8:18 PM
Jul 14, 2016 8:13 PM

Sep 2014
Tony_SansNom said:
davinci12 said:
She's smart,
How is she smart?

beautiful
Almost any character in fiction is. Main characters and heroes...are never ugly in these types of arts.

talented

righteous, goody two shoes,
You don't have to add two similar terms to try and validate your point. Are you that desperate?

What? Because she's beautiful? How many characters are "like asuna from sao" before asuna was even created or thought of then? Why do you even bring sao on the table?

That isn't a mary sue. A mary sue would understand Subaru in ep.13. A mary sue would know what he is going through. A mary sue and fulfilment character wouldn't have "abandonned" him there.

Thinking about it a little, you could make the list grow longer and longer. Your point is invalid.

http://fanlore.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

At least try to look up one of the many definitions for a mary sue. You could at least check a couple links on the first page of google for example. I mean at least try.
Jul 14, 2016 8:13 PM

Sep 2014
Jagd84 said:
davinci12 said:

She's smart,

This not a trait of mary sue. Plenty of characters in this show are smart.

beautiful,

Again plenty of characters in this show are like this.

talented,

See above

righteous

see above

goody two shoes

see above

See above

A mary sue isn't whatever you say it is, nor where nearly as board as make it out to be.

Everything you said here could be applied to several characters within the cast and the one in your avatar. So um yeah no.

You don't seem to get it do you?
Jul 14, 2016 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
davinci12 said:
Tony_SansNom said:

She's smart, beautiful, talented, righteous, goody two shoes, wish fullfillment character for male viewers (llike asuna from sao) gee sounds like a mary sue to me.

She's half elf. Elves in are said to be more intelligent, and noble by nature. Also more beautiful than humans. She got those traits... Althou her beauty doesn't means much, as every female character shown is beautiful... She's a good elf, too... There are dark elves... She isn't too wise, thou. She trusted Subaru too much. And would've gone by herself to solve the issue in the village. Which could've resulted in her death. Mages are more vulnerable... She doesn't absorbs mana, etc... And... it was night, right? Puck wouldn't be present.

Like I said, if she were so perfect, she'd have stood up for herself, against the other candidates. Instead, she accepted defeat. She didn't take an agressive front, because she's too kind. Which is a weakness - a flaw.

You realize that most of what you said about her, could be said about the other females too, right? Except for Felt. Your issue with Emilia is that she's virtuous.

... Wish-fullfilment? She lacks in many areas. Again, she isn't perfect. Beatrice even said that Emilia couldn't heal Subaru's fatal injury. So she had to do it in her stead.

davinci12 said:
Tony_SansNom said:
How is she smart?

At least try to look up one of the many definitions for a mary sue. You could at least check a couple links on the first page of google for example. I mean at least try.

Yeah, it's extremely subjective. Even Felt could be considered someone's Mary Sue. She'd have traits that someone would consider perfect for them.
removed-userJul 14, 2016 8:23 PM
Jul 14, 2016 8:19 PM

Aug 2015
davinci12 said:
Tony_SansNom said:
How is she smart?

Yes. A wish fulfilling character in fan fiction. Which rezero isn't.

A broad term that is foggy and not defining anything in general isn't a term. You can't define everything/infinity and you can't define nothing at all.

You can have a headache because you stayed up all night at your computer for a few days. Or you can have a headache because you have a brain tumor. Or you can have a headache just because you fell on your head.

Jul 14, 2016 8:22 PM

Sep 2014
Rehls said:
davinci12 said:

She's half elf. Elves in are said to be more intelligent, and noble by nature. Also more beautiful than humans. She got those traits... Althou her beauty doesn't means much, as every female character shown is beautiful... She's a good elf, too... There are dark elves... She isn't too wise, thou. She trusted Subaru too much. And would've gone by herself to solve the issue in the village. Which could've resulted in her death. Mages are more vulnerable... She doesn't absorbs mana, etc... And... it was night, right? Puck wouldn't be present.

Like I said, if she were so perfect, she'd have stood up for herself, against the other candidates. Instead, she accepted defeat. She didn't take an agressive front, because she's too kind. Which is a weakness - a flaw.

You realize that most of what you said about her, could be said about the other females too, right? Except for Felt. Your issue with Emilia is that she's virtuous.

... Wish-fullfilment? She lacks in many areas. Again, she isn't perfect. Beatrice even said that Emilia couldn't heal Subaru's fatal injury. So she had to do it in her stead.

You do realize that a a mary sue like character doesn't have to be absolutely perfect right? A mary sue isn't always a negative either.
Jul 14, 2016 8:23 PM

Apr 2014
davinci12 said:

More like you don't know what a mary sue actually is.
Jul 14, 2016 8:24 PM

Sep 2014
Tony_SansNom said:
davinci12 said:

Yes. A wish fulfilling character in fan fiction. Which rezero isn't.

A broad term that is foggy and not defining anything in general isn't a term. You can't define everything/infinity and you can't define nothing at all.

You can have a headache because you stayed up all night at your computer for a few days. Or you can have a headache because you have a brain tumor. Or you can have a headache just because you fell on your head.

LOL jesus christ is it really that much of an issue to you people that I think she is a mary sue like character? You will really fight tooth and nail? It's a fucking term people use to describe character doesn't matter if it's broad it's still a term people use to describe something. Smh
Jul 14, 2016 8:25 PM

Mar 2010
davinci12 said:

lol the irony. You're the one doesn't seem to get it. You're claims of Mary-sueism doesn't make any sense, because it is contradicted in the show itself. Not only that but criteria is so board that it can apply to so many characters in this show, hell anime in general. You're just sprout out empty rhetoric at this point based on hate.
Jul 14, 2016 8:29 PM

Sep 2014
Jagd84 said:
davinci12 said:

lol the irony. You're the one doesn't seem to get it. You're claims of Mary-sueism doesn't make any sense, because it is contradicted in the show itself. Not only that but criteria is so board that it can apply to so many characters in this show, hell anime in general. You're just sprout out empty rhetoric at this point based on hate.

i never once said I didn't like the character numb nuts. Seems like to me you can't handle not everyone see's a character the same way you do, which is sad. I get it you like the character, a lot probably going to go out and buy a body pillow. But come on.
Jul 14, 2016 8:37 PM

Aug 2015
davinci12 said:
LOL jesus christ is it really that much of an issue to you people that I think she is a mary sue like character? You will really fight tooth and nail? It's a fucking term people use to describe character doesn't matter if it's broad it's still a term people use to describe something. Smh

If I see the need to intervene because you use a word the wrong way then I won't hesitate to. Your writing and says have a lot of influence on others. Why? Because people will trust you as someone who has watched/read it and follow what you say. If you say that she is a mary sue indiscriminately, people will believe it. If you say she is like asuna from sao, people will believe it (like that dumbass digibro said that bullshit about it being a sao clone, what the hell).

Jul 14, 2016 8:39 PM
Jul 2018
davinci12 said:
Jagd84 said:

i never once said I didn't like the character numb nuts. Seems like to me you can't handle not everyone see's a character the same way you do, which is sad. I get it you like the character, a lot probably going to go out and buy a body pillow. But come on.

You might've used the term too lightly. Mary Sues and such aren't liked... And it's not about seeing the same way he does, but about seeing it the true way. We were simply correcting you.

Tony_SansNom said:
davinci12 said:

If I see the need to intervene because you use a word the wrong way then I won't hesitate to. Your writing and says have a lot of influence on others. Why? Because people will trust you as someone who has watched/read it and follow what you say. If you say that she is a mary sue indiscriminately, people will believe it. If you say she is like asuna from sao, people will believe it (like that dumbass digibro said that bullshit about it being a sao clone, what the hell).

About Digibro... Which episodes he watched? I'm thinking that he only watched part 1A. Hahahah... He might've been deceived.
Jul 14, 2016 8:44 PM

Aug 2015
Rehls said:
About Digibro... Which episodes he watched? I'm thinking that he only watched part 1A. Hahahah... He might've been deceived.

No idea. It was near the beginning so probably only the first episode yes.

Jul 14, 2016 9:56 PM

Mar 2010
davinci12 said:
Jagd84 said:

I don't know who you are trying to kid, but calling a character a Mary Sue is not a good thing as @iRels and @Tony_SansNom as said. It's a shallow character that can do no wrong, never has problems, never misunderstands anything, always wins, consistently has people jealous of them etc otherwords a perfect person. Personality traits and whatnot play little no to role in it. Emilia (or any character Re:Zero) does not fit that definition. This a simple correction and fact. The only reason you say otherwise if you have dislike of a character. That's it.
Jul 15, 2016 12:01 AM

Jul 2013
crx07 said:
Illyricus said:
I actually don't like Crusch that much before. But episode 13 or 14 of the anime changed my mind.
In my case, I liked her since her introduction, and she was the most interesting candidate for me (I guessed right).

crx07 said:
Illyricus said:
Rem-rin is for Betelgeuse-kun after all, so she cannot be for Subaru.
That's right!

It's a bit funny that their reunion
See? A sign more tha the BetelRem ship it's the best ship of the show.

FononZero said:
I kinda think Elsa is a Mary Sue. Here are my reasons why....

Smart
Kind
Sociable
Intelligent
Talented
Well-dressed
loves your guts
Good with knives
Wish fulfillment character for male viewers
Elsa top tier waifu material confirmed.
Jul 15, 2016 10:07 AM

Sep 2011
Jagd84 said:
Eh sorry but not really.

"I'm not really saying she's irrelevant I'm making a comparison and sorry if you don't get it xD"
Also I'll say right now that I do not dislike Emilia but how things are and always were since Elsa's fight, Subaru hasn't done anything without Rem or Ram around, most of his information came from Beatrice, while Emilia was just there for his relief and in this recent arc not even that, Rem stole the only thing Emilia was there to do until now. This arc Rem is pretty much the reason for Subaru to be able to move forward but I do congratulate Emilia for being the reason for Subaru to act like a selfish idiot(both with reason, though).
The selection and she being a target for the witche's cult... just motives for Subaru to go save the day, with help or without it(who am I kidding... he can't do absolutly nothing alone to get out of this situation)
Veldin461Jul 15, 2016 10:20 AM
Jul 15, 2016 10:47 AM

Mar 2010
Veldin461 said:
Jagd84 said:
Eh sorry but not really.

"I'm not really saying she's irrelevant I'm making a comparison and sorry if you don't get it xD"
Also I'll say right now that I do not dislike Emilia but how things are and always were since Elsa's fight, Subaru hasn't done anything without Rem or Ram around, most of his information came from Beatrice, while Emilia was just there for his relief and in this recent arc not even that, Rem stole the only thing Emilia was there to do until now. This arc Rem is pretty much the reason for Subaru to be able to move forward but I do congratulate Emilia for being the reason for Subaru to act like a selfish idiot(both with reason, though).
The selection and she being a target for the witche's cult... just motives for Subaru to go save the day, with help or without it(who am I kidding... he can't do absolutly nothing alone to get out of this situation)

You seemed to have misunderstood what I'm saying. First I said nothing about you like or disliking a character.

Second what I'm getting at is that you cannot arbitrary claim or compare relvancy. If something written down in a story than it is relvant by default, it doesn't matter what it is because it's point is play some role or another. If it is irrevlant then won't be there at all. Case in point Rem fot first half of Arc 2 barely interacted with Subaru, but those interactions were still important. It is the with same Emilia, just because she played more of a supporting role there does not diminish those actions had purpose contributed in either helping Subaru, world buliding or deeping her bond with him.

Believe it or not many of these characters have life outside Subaru, whether he's present wittness them (since he's viewer's window) or they help him or not doesn't change their doing their own things.
Iron_MawJul 15, 2016 11:37 AM
Jul 15, 2016 4:26 PM

Apr 2013
Definitely Rem, as she and Subaru would be able to have a relationship without any worries - as Rem is not in line for the throne and her hand in marriage would not be sought after for political reasons. Emilia is super sweet, but I think Rem's the better choice for Subaru - and more likely.
Jul 30, 2016 11:35 AM
Jul 2016
REM are you emilia people blind?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.