Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 16, 2016 4:29 PM

Aug 2013
Mal does feel like Stormfront sometimes but personal attacks based on race, religion etc. can be reported. Generalizations shouldn't be banned if it's like statistical data or relevant to the thread. I have noticed there is a bias relating to that though. It's okay to site blacks in America commit a certain percentage of crime and that a lot of religion based terrorism is carried out by Muslims but when in a thread I mentioned and posted pictures and dates showing how most non drug ,non gang related, non religion motivated mass shootings in America are carried out by whites my large post was magically deleted.
DrGeroCreationJul 16, 2016 5:57 PM
Jul 17, 2016 5:58 PM

Nov 2014
ODIN96 said:
yes by all means violate someones free speech rights because what they say happens to offend you, god you SJW's make me sick.

SJWs make me sick too, but I don't think that being anti-SJW means that we have to be pro-asshole.
Jul 17, 2016 6:00 PM

Mar 2013
if you dont agree with it just go find or create your own safe space. we dont want you here trying to censor anything
Jul 17, 2016 6:02 PM
Mar 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
Mal does feel like Stormfront sometimes but personal attacks based on race, religion etc. can be reported. Generalizations shouldn't be banned if it's like statistical data or relevant to the thread. I have noticed there is a bias relating to that though. It's okay to site blacks in America commit a certain percentage of crime and that a lot of religion based terrorism is carried out by Muslims but when in a thread I mentioned and posted pictures and dates showing how most non drug ,non gang related, non religion motivated mass shootings in America are carried out by whites my large post was magically deleted.

alot of mal are super right wing nei con fake libertarians that is fact

im on of the few old school leftist libertarians on here
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 17, 2016 6:14 PM

Mar 2013
OP coming out in favor of thought policing. I love when "liberals" show their true colors. If you can't deal with opinions that differ from your own, go somewhere else
Jul 17, 2016 6:39 PM

Jul 2016
Don_Giovanni said:
OP coming out in favor of thought policing. I love when "liberals" show their true colors. If you can't deal with opinions that differ from your own, go somewhere else

^ This.

I don't care for bigots, but I'm not going to request that they be silenced, because they're allowed to voice their opinions like anyone else is. Anyone who can't handle differing opinions shouldn't even be on the internet, expecting everything and everyone to cater to their level of sensitivity.
Jul 17, 2016 6:56 PM

Nov 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
Mal does feel like Stormfront sometimes (...)

Really. In the two years I've visited this site, a lot of good people have disappeared. They probably couldn't tolerate all the hostility and vitriol.

but personal attacks based on race, religion etc. can be reported.

Sometimes that works. Sometimes it doesn't.

Generalizations shouldn't be banned if it's like statistical data or relevant to the thread. I have noticed there is a bias relating to that though.

I've noticed that, too. White supremacists love to cite black-on-white and black-on-black crime statistics in the US, but they never cite everything. This is what it looks like.

There are a lot of impressionable young people here, and the supremacist trolls know that, so they come here pushing narratives trying to indoctrinate them.

It's okay to site blacks in America commit a certain percentage of crime and that a lot of religion based terrorism is carried out by Muslims

I see nothing wrong with these statements. I just think that it's wrong to imply that ALL blacks, ALL whites, ALL men, ALL women, etc are bad. This is what I mean by a bigoted generalization.
Jul 17, 2016 7:17 PM

Aug 2013
DateYutaka said:
alot of mal are super right wing nei con fake libertarians that is fact
You have always said that in the past and I never paid mention to it but I do believe you now. There are many Mal members who do seem super right wing. I have seen users see Hitler as a good guy, are in love with Trump, one guy actually said all Muslims should be killed but a mod handled that quickly , I have also seen some promote scientific racism etc. There are also a lot of reverse sjws on Mal who think liberals and marxists are the enemy of white people and that the white race is under siege. I don't know for sure if some people are trolling or not.

@aikaflip

. Could very well be

. It should work all the time considering even if there was a rule against it, it would have to be enforced by mods anyway.

. That's why discussion is good to challenge certain statistics to push an agenda.

. Well some people will always have negative views toward certain groups and you can't change their thinking.It's best to ignore certain users because it's obvious what they are trying to do. Promoting hatred against certain groups and users through generalizations falls under trolling already iirc.
Jul 17, 2016 7:23 PM

Mar 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
There are many Mal members who do seem super right wing. I have seen users see Hitler as a good guy, are in love with Trump, one guy actually said all Muslims should be killed but a mod handled that quickly , I have also seen some promote scientific racism etc.
are you saying we should ban/censor people who supports Trump? And so what if they're right-wing, they have the right to be so just as you have the right to be a leftist. If you don't advocate or against intellectual diversity then you're the real bigot here.
htmlJul 17, 2016 7:27 PM
Jul 17, 2016 7:29 PM

Dec 2013
Just use the report option.

Syrup-
Trust me when I give you this profound answer:
It's shit.

Jul 17, 2016 7:43 PM

Aug 2013
html said:
DrGeroCreation said:
There are many Mal members who do seem super right wing. I have seen users see Hitler as a good guy, are in love with Trump, one guy actually said all Muslims should be killed but a mod handled that quickly , I have also seen some promote scientific racism etc.
are you saying we should ban/censor people who supports Trump? And so what if they're right-wing, they have the right to be so just as you have the right to be a leftist. If you don't advocate or against intellectual diversity then you're the real bigot here.
No I didn't say that I was giving examples of people who are super right wing. I'm not leftist or right wing, that's an American and European thing. In my country there are no parties like that. No problem being right wing but if someone is a white supremacist that has a strong hatred for minorities they are probably better off going to Stormfront to whine about them and hate them non stop.
Jul 17, 2016 8:24 PM

Mar 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
I'm not leftist or right wing, that's an American and European thing. In my country there are no parties like that.
im not sure if you're joking or just ignorant
Jul 17, 2016 8:44 PM

Aug 2013
html said:
DrGeroCreation said:
I'm not leftist or right wing, that's an American and European thing. In my country there are no parties like that.
im not sure if you're joking or just ignorant
I'm quite serious. Where I'm from there is no strong emphasis on right wing and left wing politics like in America and in European countries. I guess though I'm incorrect in saying that it is only American and European thing considering there are other places that have that type of political divide.
Jul 17, 2016 8:55 PM

Mar 2013
@DrGeroCreation Left and right wing is not a party but a political spectrum. Left and right wing ideologies exist in nations that has some form of government. I'm not sure why you promote censorship when you're ignorant of its consequences.
htmlJul 17, 2016 8:59 PM
Jul 17, 2016 9:01 PM

Aug 2013
html said:
Left and right wing is not a party but a political spectrum. Left and right wing ideologies exist in nations that has some form of government.
According to wiki both main parties in my country are center left. In America and Europe there are political parties that swing to either spectrums. Republican - right wing, Democrat - left wing. You can't call me leftist because politics in my country doesn't work that way. LOL where did I promote censorship?
Jul 17, 2016 9:11 PM

Mar 2013
I can't call you leftist yet you follow leftist ideologies? And you agree with OP which means you agree with censorship of stereotypes or generalizing people. And you're dumb if you think your "politics" is different from the rest of the world just because your political parties have different names lol
htmlJul 17, 2016 9:16 PM
Jul 17, 2016 9:21 PM

Aug 2013
html said:
I can't call you leftist yet you follow leftist ideologies? And you agree with OP which means you agree with censorship of stereotypes or generalizing people
What leftist ideologies am I following? Also there have been right wing governments that promoted censorship so it's funny you think it's a leftist thing. I told him to report and ignore certain people. Interesting how you didn't say the mods who agreed with his suggestion are for censorship. The op also has a right to suggest this if he wants to . Not every country is going to be run like America and European countries genius.
DrGeroCreationJul 17, 2016 9:27 PM
Jul 17, 2016 9:32 PM

Mar 2013
So you're a right winger now? You're the one who doesn't like Donald trump. I also never said that censorship is a leftist thing did I? I assumed you were a leftist because you disagree with extreme right wing narrative, i.e. "Muslims should be killed" and dislike Donald trump which is a conservative . And op has the right to suggest it but I also have the right to argue against it so idk why even bring that up. Every country that has politics follow the same political spectrum dumbass. POLITICS CAN NOT EXIST WITHOUT LEFT OR RIGHT WING POLITICAL SPECTRUM
Jul 17, 2016 9:45 PM

Aug 2013
html said:
So you're a right winger now? You're the one who doesn't like Donald trump. I also never said that censorship is a leftist thing did I? I assumed you were a leftist because you disagree with extreme right wing narrative, i.e. "Muslims should be killed" and dislike Donald trump which is a conservative . And op has the right to suggest it but I also have the right to argue against it so idk why even bring that up. Every country that has politics follow the same political spectrum dumbass. POLITICS CAN NOT EXIST WITHOUT LEFT OR RIGHT WING POLITICAL SPECTRUM
I don't care about left wing, right wing and all that BS.I am me, not defined by politics. I don't even know or met the man to like or dislike him but I don't agree with his proposals. Well you can argue against I never said you should or shouldn't. You were implying it. Bad assumption, being against genocide doesn't automatically make you a leftist. LOL triggered with all them caps. People in my country aren't split between left and right, sorry to burst your little bubble.
DrGeroCreationJul 17, 2016 10:04 PM
Jul 18, 2016 4:52 AM

Jul 2015
DrGeroCreation said:
I have noticed there is a bias relating to that though. It's okay to site blacks in America commit a certain percentage of crime and that a lot of religion based terrorism is carried out by Muslims but when in a thread I mentioned and posted pictures and dates showing how most non drug ,non gang related, non religion motivated mass shootings in America are carried out by whites my large post was magically deleted.

Same here. The forum is full of racism because talking to those users gets you a bunch of ad hominem and eventually a ban if you take the bait. I still have some hope for this place and I'm almost willing to believe the mods when they say they're trying to fight this, but I'd really like to understand how they plan to do it. I had to create a Hummingbird account because most of the friends I made here moved because of the rampant racism, homophoby, and mind boggling moderation.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.