Forum Settings
Forums

Annoying people who say "this is the best manga ever!"

New
Jul 3, 2016 12:11 AM

Apr 2016
People some ov'em they brag about a specific manga which is actually not that great ,but good .
I've seen this on net mostly ,but some times in school .makes me wanna punch them in the face!

Take for eg-SAO!,Bleach, bnha(MHA)!
Jul 3, 2016 12:38 AM

Feb 2015
People like different things. I don't see the problem.
Jul 3, 2016 12:43 AM

Aug 2013
well, they have different taste on manga.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever
enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker,
or smarter. Everything is within.
Everything is exists.
Seek nothing outside of yourself
" - Musashi
miyamoto
Jul 3, 2016 1:24 AM

Jun 2015
Its called "opinion". Look it up.

Though it can be annoying if thats the only thing they ever talk about, but I don't see the problem in saying "its the best manga ever", when they like it that much. Let them have their own opinion and leave them alone.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Jul 3, 2016 1:25 AM

Sep 2009
I completely agree! Curse those annoying bakas who dare to have opinions! Especially the ones that have opinions about manga!
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 3, 2016 6:20 AM

Jul 2015
Gintama is the best manga ever!!! FTW!!!
I HAVE TWO RULES:

RULE ONE: I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
RULE TWO: IF I'M WRONG, REFER TO RULE ONE...
Jul 3, 2016 8:30 AM

Sep 2013
2deep4u as stated by the author himself.
Jul 4, 2016 8:35 AM

Dec 2015
What's the best Manga you've ever read? Curious.
Jul 4, 2016 5:14 PM

Nov 2012
You're an elitist manga reader when you have read like, what, 10 manga? With Naruto and Bleach in your favs? You're 10 years too early to be an elitist.
Jul 4, 2016 6:11 PM

Nov 2013
Hate them. Did you know [HYPED THING] is literally perfect in every single way? Did you know you're actually wrong and dumb and ugly if you didn't like [HYPED THING]?

Hunter x Hunter fans are the worst. Did you know it's literally the peak of human achievement? Not only that but it's the peak any lifeform can accomplish.
Jul 5, 2016 7:53 AM

Jan 2015
"Best" doesn't exist. When people say "best", just replace it with "favorite". People love talking about their favorite things. Everyone does it from time to time, I doubt you're an exception.

My Manga / Light Novel Collection: EN | FR | LN
Jul 5, 2016 8:00 AM

Apr 2016
Iroha-chan said:

It's either Steins gate ,or Attack on Titan.
Jul 5, 2016 8:09 AM

Dec 2015
Carboncolor said:
Iroha-chan said:

I consider neither of the two 'good' yet, its the best for you. How's that?
Jul 5, 2016 8:14 AM

Apr 2016
Sifr said:
Gintama is the best manga ever!!! FTW!!!

OH yeah and what about Tokyo Ghoul! It's highly recommend! HOW!!?
Shirayukishi said:
You're an elitist manga reader when you have read like, what, 10 manga? With Naruto and Bleach in your favs? You're 10 years too early to be an elitist.

Naw, just think bleach and Naruto are good mangas and not saying that I have to be am elitist just some group of "friends" that say" that this is the best manga ever!". Just annoying that's all. I get easily ticked off when they say SAO,or Tokyo Ghoul Because there shit as "SHIT"
Jul 5, 2016 8:16 AM

Feb 2015
your opinion regarding other's opinion as annoying is annoying too
Jul 5, 2016 8:20 AM

Apr 2016
Iroha-chan said:
Carboncolor said:

Look at the plot twists and the script in Steins Gate, and the art in A on T just like the art style o've it. Though there is nothing to consider visuals in manga. The anime made it great.
Jul 5, 2016 8:24 AM

Dec 2014
Joms said:
O shit waddup.

On a serious note I can understand if you put Naruto or OP there but Bleach? Lol barely anyone gives a shit about the manga dawg it's underrated.

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Jul 5, 2016 8:29 AM

Dec 2015
Carboncolor said:
Iroha-chan said:

Look at the plot twists and the script in Steins Gate, and the art in A on T just like the art style o've it. Though there is nothing to consider visuals in manga. The anime made it great.

That's more like it. Its all about 'Opinions', bro. No need to be surprised at someone's best Manga just because it wasn't that good or isn't at the same level as your best.
Just to be clear, I haven't read both works. They were merely taken as an example. ☺
Jul 5, 2016 8:44 AM

Apr 2016
LifeAlpha said:
Joms said:
O shit waddup.

On a serious note I can understand if you put Naruto or OP there but Bleach? Lol barely anyone gives a shit about the manga dawg it's underrated.

Bleach got 7 as a score right . Sorry put bleach there ,instead of Tokyo Ghoul .(sorry if you're a.fan of it ) but honestly Ken Kaneki was a huge wimp.He couldn't protect him self ,he had to be taken care by Touka.Literally!
Jul 9, 2016 4:15 AM

Jul 2015
Carboncolor said:

And what about it ? The story is pretty good. Isn't that a decent reason for it to be recommended. actuAlly, if someone is really into something, I thinK that's already a good reason to recommend it
Carboncolor said:
but honestly Ken Kaneki was a huge wimp.He couldn't protect him self ,he had to be taken care by Touka.Literally!

Have you really read Tokyo Ghoul ? And no, he isn't that much of a wimp. He was trying to defend himself with the few things he had when he was attacked by Rize. Sure, it was just a pen, but I'm prettty sure he's way more courageous at that moment, than you would if you got into a real life situation like this.
I HAVE TWO RULES:

RULE ONE: I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
RULE TWO: IF I'M WRONG, REFER TO RULE ONE...
Jul 9, 2016 8:41 AM

Jul 2015
You see , everyone has their opinions. If they just say X is the best manga i have no problems and you shouldn't . The problem comes if they do not respect their opinion that Y is the best in your opinion.
Jul 10, 2016 2:36 AM

Jan 2016
I have no problems with somebody's best manga, nor do I have a problem with people who don't like a certain manga that I like. As the users above stated, it's merely a opinion of a random person on the internet, not a universal criteria. For example you don't seem to like Tokyo Ghoul, but for me Tokyo Ghoul is a manga which I consider to be an excellent manga. Also I could never get into FMA, but I still respect the manga and the high opinions that people have to it.
Jul 10, 2016 8:17 PM

Feb 2014
Solution: Add "In My Opinion"

e.g. "*blank manga* is the best manga ever, in my opinion"
Jul 11, 2016 1:00 AM

May 2010
It's not a problem for me, it's the same with everything, books, games, anime... You just have to get used to that.
Besides, it's not like all these people always think that their favourite thing is objectively the best in the world. They are just expressing their opinions.

DatOneUser said:
Solution: Add "In My Opinion"

e.g. "*blank manga* is the best manga ever, in my opinion"

That's also a fitting solution.
Jul 11, 2016 8:18 AM

Aug 2011
Everyone has different opinions on what the best manga is.
Jul 11, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, it's so annpying, especially if their reading experience is limited in general and they can't offer any arguments, if they stomp on other people's favourite series or recommend their favoutite shit when it's not needed.

Some series have plenty of these fans. Tokyo Ghoul, Berserk, Gantz for example. Gintama crowd is mostly self-contained in my opinion, though they force memes sometimes.
Jul 11, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2012
You're 2 favorite manga are Naruto and Bleach, which sadly is very telling. I wouldn't really be judging other people's opinions...

Anyway, there will never be a "best manga of all time" because there are multiple masterpieces and things are subjective. I think it would make a good debate, especially if you got a few people who are very knowledgable about manga. I think it'd be much easier to do the best manga by genre.
Jul 16, 2016 8:58 PM

Apr 2016
Sifr said:
Carboncolor said:

And what about it ? The story is pretty good. Isn't that a decent reason for it to be recommended. actuAlly, if someone is really into something, I thinK that's already a good reason to recommend it
Carboncolor said:
but honestly Ken Kaneki was a huge wimp.He couldn't protect him self ,he had to be taken care by Touka.Literally!

Have you really read Tokyo Ghoul ? And no, he isn't that much of a wimp. He was trying to defend himself with the few things he had when he was attacked by Rize. Sure, it was just a pen, but I'm prettty sure he's way more courageous at that moment, than you would if you got into a real life situation like this.
Well atleast that's how I saw him.
Jul 16, 2016 9:01 PM

Apr 2016
Xarvyn said:
Everyone has different opinions on what the best manga is.
think I got over it already.
Jul 22, 2016 11:17 PM

Jan 2013
Like everyone said, we're all entitled to our own opinions.
Jul 22, 2016 11:26 PM

Aug 2014
Just let them be. What is the point to arguing about other people's opinion.
Jul 22, 2016 11:27 PM
Jul 2018
Lol it's the same with Anime. People just have different taste and it's not like you are going to convince them to like another manga unless they choose so.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

378 by Hexcellion »»
4 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
7 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

21 by nishant0 »»
7 hours ago

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.