Forum Settings
Forums

Can we please please please somehow exclude all of the airing titles on the top anime page and only allow them to be displayed after finished in a period of time?

New
Jul 2, 2016 8:51 PM

Nov 2009
Current airing score of Shokugeki ss2 is siting at 12th on the top anime page, it hasn't been aired for even a day. I was having enough with Re:Z and now this? Seriously?

I don't know how MAL is fine in keeping this broken system ... Back in the day MAL used to be a trusted website, but in recent years I really stop caring, this is probably the last straw to say I'm having enough with this bs.
Jul 2, 2016 8:55 PM

Nov 2011
Why do you cares so much about what anime on top? Why does it matter whehter its airing or not? It has always been like this. I don't see why it should change. If you have enough, you can just go away. Nothing to lose here.

Jul 2, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2009
KaiserNazrin said:
Why do you cares so much about what anime on top? Why does it matter whehter its airing or not? It has always been like this.

Why do I care? Have you ever asked yourself that question to anything you really like and love?

I don't see why it should change.

Because it is a bad thing, it's flawed and shouldn't be allowed?

If you have enough, you can just go away. Nothing to lose here

From this day, I will do just that.
Jul 2, 2016 10:03 PM

Nov 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
KaiserNazrin said:
Why do you cares so much about what anime on top? Why does it matter whehter its airing or not? It has always been like this.

Why do I care? Have you ever asked yourself that question to anything you really like and love?

I certainly don't see the top ranking as something to be like and love. Its just a total score of what people rank the series as or do you see it as something more grand than that?

Takana_no_Hana said:
I don't see why it should change.

Because it is a bad thing, it's flawed and shouldn't be allowed?

Having an airing series in the top ranking isn't the worst thing about it. Why is it even bad in the first place? Because you hate that a new series you don't like ranking higher than your favorite series?

Takana_no_Hana said:
If you have enough, you can just go away. Nothing to lose here

From this day, I will do just that.

I doubt that.

Jul 2, 2016 10:30 PM

Oct 2014
The same thing happened with various other titles like OPM and BokuDake, what makes you think mal is going to change anytime soon? Let the hype settle down, it'll go down pretty soon.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jul 4, 2016 1:03 AM
Jan 2013
Takana_no_Hana said:
Current airing score of Shokugeki ss2 is siting at 12th on the top anime page, it hasn't been aired for even a day. I was having enough with Re:Z and now this? Seriously?

It was ranked #3 before it even aired, because >1000 idiots tried to push their favorite franchise by giving it 10s. Attack on Titan 2 already has 2000 10s although it won't air until next April.

Instead of hiding scores in all sorts of places, MAL would probably be better off outright disabling them until the air/release date. That would tackle half of the problem and be much easier to implement than other countermeasures. Then again…

Back in the day MAL used to be a trusted website

MAL scores have always been a laughingstock and are fraught with manipulation and group dynamics that can drive scores up or down. They are to be taken with a pinch of salt… or rather the whole shaker.
Jul 4, 2016 1:07 AM

Sep 2009
Lmaoo "trusted website." I don't see why they shouldn't be included; ratings normally get a boost when an anime finishes, and overrated anime often take years to drop in rank.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 4, 2016 2:40 AM

Jul 2016
Then what's going to happen to my beloved One Piece?
Jul 17, 2016 4:57 PM

May 2011
It claims 20% of a completed series is needed for a rate to be counted, but 7.69% seems to also be perfectly acceptable, and when that is just one episode one sees a thin veil between ongoing, upcoming, and completed in the db with which an equation is forged.
Jul 18, 2016 4:56 AM

Jul 2015
Seyfert said:
It claims 20% of a completed series is needed for a rate to be counted, but 7.69% seems to also be perfectly acceptable, and when that is just one episode one sees a thin veil between ongoing, upcoming, and completed in the db with which an equation is forged.

The 1/5 rule doesn't apply while a show is currently airing. It is counted after the show is completed.
Jul 18, 2016 9:05 AM

May 2011
Still makes a mockery of lists when some need to have 1/5 (40, of a 200-episode series) while others just 1 out of 13.
Jul 18, 2016 9:07 AM

Mar 2008
MAL wants to be hip and current, so I think they'd consider the current system perfecto in this aspect.
Jul 18, 2016 3:22 PM

May 2014
Well this looks like a dumb topic honestly, sorry.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.