Forum Settings
Forums

Can Attack on Titan become 2nd most popular, When S2 comes out?

New
Can Attack on Titan become 2nd Most Popular?
Jun 28, 2016 10:23 AM
Apr 2015
Attack on Titan is 3K away from Sword Art Online on the Most Popular list.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2016 10:26 AM

Oct 2014
Maybe. BTW SnK 2 has the most PTW entries at 131,000 just barely beating Steins;Gate which has 123,000.
Jun 28, 2016 10:27 AM

Dec 2015
Depends how good season 2 is. It could be good, it could be a load of bollocks.

Jun 28, 2016 10:27 AM

May 2015
Maybe. SAO is older then AoT, so it had a year to gain more popularity.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jun 28, 2016 10:30 AM

Oct 2015
I'm checking the "most popular anime" board everyday, hoping that AOT will take over SAO.
One day, we'll win.

Jun 28, 2016 10:33 AM

Oct 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
Maybe. BTW SnK 2 has the most PTW entries at 131,000 just barely beating Steins;Gate which has 123,000.

Where? From what I'm seeing evangellion 3.0 is second with 56k members.
keragammingJun 28, 2016 10:41 AM
Jun 28, 2016 10:37 AM

Feb 2013
why haven't we seen more of these super-popular anime since AoT ended in 2013?

the closest from 2014 is tokyo ghoul at #16, and 2015 one punch man at #33, but they are several hundred thousand users lower
Jun 28, 2016 10:38 AM

Feb 2015
Probably not, since season 2 will most likely succ
Jun 28, 2016 10:39 AM
Apr 2015
romagia said:
why haven't we seen more of these super-popular anime since AoT ended in 2013?

the closest is tokyo ghoul at #16
there is One Punch Man but not every person that watches anime has a Myanimelist
Jun 28, 2016 10:42 AM

Nov 2015
Yes, because these overtly masculine pigs will drool over anything that panders to them, including violence, gore and other overly meninist ideologies.
Jun 28, 2016 10:44 AM
Sep 2015
kamisama751 said:
Maybe yes, maybe no. But the second season will most probably disappoint the fanbase.

If you're referring to the politics arc, it's not just talking and no action (as some fans for some reason claim) and you've got the other shifters taking a more active role, the Utgard Castle, the whole Reiss deal and not to mention during the politics arc Levi takes a lead role and last time I checked he was the most popular character in AoT.
Anyhow, if done right (and when it's finally done) I think season two can easily beat first season, crossing my fingers they don't go Kabaneri on the anime and just follow the manga.
Jun 28, 2016 10:47 AM
Apr 2015
TiaDee said:
kamisama751 said:
Maybe yes, maybe no. But the second season will most probably disappoint the fanbase.

If you're referring to the politics arc, it's not just talking and no action (as some fans for some reason claim) and you've got the other shifters taking a more active role, the Utgard Castle, the whole Reiss deal and not to mention during the politics arc Levi takes a lead role and last time I checked he was the most popular character in AoT.
Anyhow, if done right (and when it's finally done) I think season two can easily beat first season, crossing my fingers they don't go Kabaneri on the anime and just follow the manga.
after watching wit studios last anime, I'm having doubts
Jun 28, 2016 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
keragamming said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Means from PTW count overall, not only those that haven't aired yet

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate/stats
Jun 28, 2016 10:53 AM

Oct 2013
UnstoppableNine said:
TiaDee said:

Don't worry Araki in a interview in March said that he will adapt the series as faithfully as he can, there isis a reason why the wait has been this long.

@TiaDee I can see why a lot of persons are saying that, following the uprising arc monthly may not be as exciting as reading all in one go. Not to mention the anime will make the experience even better. But I guess no one is considering those factors.
Jun 28, 2016 10:54 AM

Oct 2014
keragamming said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Steins;Gate aired five years ago, but the number of people who have it in their PTW is definitely higher than Evangelion 3.0. 123k > 56k
Jun 28, 2016 11:00 AM

Oct 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
keragamming said:

Steins;Gate aired five years ago, but the number of people who have it in their PTW is definitely higher than Evangelion 3.0. 123k > 56k

-_- that's a completely different thing. A better comparison would be steings gate 0 ptw, keep in mind steings gate has aired since 2011 a l lot more time to gain more members than s2.
Jun 28, 2016 11:01 AM
Apr 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
keragamming said:

I have it on plan to watch but a lot of anime keeps on piling up XD
Jun 28, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2012
I'm sure it could become that popular when it comes out, depending on how good it is and if people are still interested in it.
Jun 28, 2016 11:07 AM
Apr 2015
sman3579 said:
I'm sure it could become that popular when it comes out, depending on how good it is and if people are still interested in it.
there is also the factor of new people that haven't seen S1
Jun 28, 2016 11:11 AM
Apr 2015
AoT S1 is now 2K away from 2ND Most Popular
Jun 28, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2009
Maybe but I wouldn't say it deserves it. Sword Art Online 2 wasn't as great as it's first season and from the manga I know the second of AoT it won't either because it's a lot more slow paced than the first half.
Jun 28, 2016 11:18 AM

Oct 2014
keragamming said:
zombie_pegasus said:

-_- that's a completely different thing. A better comparison would be steings gate 0 ptw, keep in mind steings gate has aired since 2011 a l lot more time to gain more members than s2.
Steins;Gate 0 doesn't have as many members, but something impressive about it is that it has a mean score of 9.4 which is higher than anything that has finished airing (although this is more of a hype score rather than projected quality based on the source material).
Jun 28, 2016 11:19 AM
Apr 2015
waalex11 said:
Maybe but I wouldn't say it deserves it. Sword Art Online 2 wasn't as great as it's first season and from the manga I know the second of AoT it won't either because it's a lot more slow paced than the first half.
I heard from light novel readers that SAO was not adapted correctly, don't know if it's true or not
Jun 28, 2016 11:20 AM
Apr 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
keragamming said:

Steins;Gate 0 doesn't have as many members, but something impressive about it is that it has a mean score of 9.4 which is higher than anything that has finished airing (although this is more of a hype score rather than projected quality based on the source material).
same thing happened to One Punch Man mean score was 9 now I think it's 8
Jun 28, 2016 11:20 AM
Jul 2014
I think regardless of how good it is (which I believe immediately after it airs fans will love it no matter what) Season 1 will beat SAO if only because simple buzz will make people watch it and you only need like two thousand people to watch it, that is notthing in comparison to the hundreds of thousands that have watched so far.
Jun 28, 2016 11:22 AM
Sep 2015
UnstoppableNine said:

To be honest so do I (especially since it's the same director) all they need to do is faithfully follow the manga, add their slick animation and dazzling gliding though the trees shots, have a badass opening and I don't know how they could fail.
keragamming said:

I can see why a lot of persons are saying that, following the uprising arc monthly may not be as exciting as reading all in one go. Not to mention the anime will make the experience even better. But I guess no one is considering those factors.

I don't know, it's one of those things that for unknown reasons the collective internet mind has decided that it will forever be this way and no amount of convincing seems to change anything. Oh well, when season two will be released this issue will be settled (for better or for worse).
Jun 28, 2016 11:23 AM

Apr 2012
Eh i feel it all depends on how well they adapt it
Jun 28, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2016
In the manga things got heated up especially with the latest chapter and if they keep the animation and adapt the story properly I think snk can regain its popularity.
Jun 28, 2016 11:34 AM
Apr 2015
edelrose said:
In the manga things got heated up especially with the latest chapter and if they keep the animation and adapt the story properly I think snk can regain its popularity.
the pacing as well since I'm hearing it's very slow but also not rushed
Jun 28, 2016 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
keragamming said:

Snk s2 is also rated 9+ its not a big deal tbh. Plus you completely miss the point.
Jun 28, 2016 11:37 AM

Dec 2009
UnstoppableNine said:
waalex11 said:
I heard from light novel readers that SAO was not adapted correctly, don't know if it's true or not
Years ago I heard the same thing where they changed a lot of things or something. Basically it didn't follow the LN fully or accurately 100%.
Jun 28, 2016 11:39 AM

Oct 2015
If the second season is a 3 cour with the current arc included we could have something amazing.
Jun 28, 2016 11:40 AM

Oct 2014
keragamming said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Snk s2 is also rated 9+ its not a big deal tbh. Plus you completely miss the point.
Ao no Exorcist came out in the same season as Steins;Gate and has almost as many members as well as having around as many episodes but has about half as many PTW members.
Jun 28, 2016 11:40 AM

Mar 2016
i don't think it is gonna make it because there are lot of popular anime out there and second seasons are in the most cases less popular
Jun 28, 2016 11:43 AM

Mar 2013
No. It will alienate most of it's fanbase, except the most hardcore fanboys with it's complete change of focus. And it hardly will bring new fans, since I doubt people who didn't like first season will decide to watch the second one.
Jun 28, 2016 11:47 AM

Jun 2016
UnstoppableNine said:
edelrose said:
the pacing as well since I'm hearing it's very slow but also not rushed
This is true. Before it reached the current events and possibly the new arc it is now, the events that happened and the their results built up slowly.
Jun 28, 2016 11:59 AM

Oct 2013
Yveske31 said:
i don't think it is gonna make it because there are lot of popular anime out there and second seasons are in the most cases less popular

No he meant if the second season will influence more members to add the first season in their list. Op wasn't saying the second season was going to surpass anything.

AntonKutovoi said:
No. It will alienate most of it's fanbase, except the most hardcore fanboys with it's complete change of focus. And it hardly will bring new fans, since I doubt people who didn't like first season will decide to watch the second one.

Why??? It seems everyone forgot about the clash of titan arc??? How is that arc different from the previous arc in the first season? The uprising arc will be the 2nd cour of snk, so it will have little effect on the first arc Beginning hype.

that's all the 2nd season needs.

@zombie_pegasus you still miss my point.
keragammingJun 28, 2016 12:04 PM
Jun 28, 2016 12:06 PM
Apr 2015
keragamming said:
zombie_pegasus said:

One Punch Man had a 9 mean score but now it's a 8 mean score
Jun 28, 2016 12:12 PM

Dec 2015
TiaDee said:
kamisama751 said:

"If done right" = reduce the most they can this part or focusing most of its time on the few "3Dgear battles" and the short moment with the two titan buddies? If they do it, yes it will succeed certainly. But on the other hand, this would be bad.
Jun 28, 2016 12:12 PM

Jul 2015
i really need Snk s2 in my life ....
plz dont make me w8 more :"(
Jun 28, 2016 12:15 PM

Nov 2015
kamisama751 said:

Pretty much how I feel. Something that has this much hype and remains dormant for a while and has the added factor of it delaying is doomed to let everyone down
Jun 28, 2016 12:15 PM
Apr 2015
tragedydesu said:
i really need Snk s2 in my life ....
plz dont make me w8 more :"(
they need to stop delaying, just hope the delay is worth it XD
Jun 28, 2016 12:17 PM

Oct 2013
UnstoppableNine said:
keragamming said:

One Punch Man had a 9 mean score but now it's a 8 mean score

Which why I say it's not a big deal, jo jo part 4 was also rated 9+.

To your question op, it will most likely surpass sao when season 2 airs. I don't know why all these people are talking about the uprusing arc, that wont start until like episode 14 of season 2.
Jun 28, 2016 12:18 PM
Sep 2015
Rei366 said:

"If done right" = reduce the most they can this part or focusing most of its time on the few "3Dgear battles" and the short moment with the two titan buddies? If they do it, yes it will succeed certainly. But on the other hand, this would be bad.

Why might I ask? What was so bad about that arc? I admit unlike long-term readers I binge-read it, but I can't think of any reason why it was terrible.
Jun 28, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2015
Yes, SNK will become 2nd most popular, even if the second season is really bad . A new season will bring new viewers anyway, and SNK is only 3K away from SAO on the Most Popular list : he will surpass it .
But I also think that SAO : ordinal scale will be a good advertise for the anime, so maybe SAO will outdistance SNK in 2017 .

One thing is certain : SNK will get the second place, even if it's during a short time .
Jun 28, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2012
I doubt it, the only way for it to be more popular would be if it was increasing members at a faster rate. Also considering popularity count I'm relatively sure includes people who have it on their plan to watch I kind of doubt a season 2 would pull enough people in to season 1 to beat SAO.
Jun 28, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
Val2612 said:
Yes, SNK will become 2nd most popular, even if the second season is really bad . A new season will bring new viewers anyway, and SNK is only 3K away from SAO on the Most Popular list : he will surpass it .
But I also think that SAO : ordinal scale will be a good advertise for the anime, so maybe SAO will outdistance SNK in 2017 .

One thing is certain : SNK will get the second place, even if it's during a short time .

Thank you, someone that has a common sense, everyone else is like season 2 is going to be bad so therefore season 1 wont gain any new members. Also ignoring the fact that the first arc of season 2 is called the best arc from most manga readers in the entire series.

It just like how everyone was junping on the kabaneri is better than snk bandwagon just a few month ago, now if you should ask which is better at this current time only a minority of people will be saying that now. Sigh!

And just you watch all those bandwagoners will be jumping on the snk bandwagon when it starts to air. Basically these people are mindless bots that follow trends and don't have a brain for themselves. Smh

@GamerDLM around last year snk was 8k behind sao, which mean the gap is slowly closing.
keragammingJun 28, 2016 12:44 PM
Jun 28, 2016 12:40 PM

Dec 2015
Popular...yes, because everyone and their dog will watch it.

Highly rated...no, because it will have it's fair share of detractors from the very first episode.
Jun 28, 2016 12:45 PM

Dec 2015
@TiaDee I think it was better than the premise of the manga. That's when I started to like it more than some other manga.
That's why I think it will be despised by anime-fans who constantly praise the action and violence in the anime
Jun 28, 2016 1:06 PM

Dec 2015
GamerDLM said:
I doubt it, the only way for it to be more popular would be if it was increasing members at a faster rate. Also considering popularity count I'm relatively sure includes people who have it on their plan to watch I kind of doubt a season 2 would pull enough people in to season 1 to beat SAO.

SNK will become more popular than SAO BECAUSE his number of members increase in a faster rate . For SAO, this increase is just frozen . For SNK, this increase will be stimulate by the new season, even if the second season is the worst animation that humanity has created .

SNK will beat SAO before the new season start, it's a fact .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 3 hours ago

14 by WatchTillTandava »»
30 seconds ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 13 minutes ago

3 by billybub »»
1 minute ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

48 by AzafuseKingTora »»
5 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

16 by billybub »»
34 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

55 by Fischer77 »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.