Forum Settings
Forums

Why anime studios cut off a series when it start to be good?

New
Jun 28, 2016 1:52 AM

Mar 2016
For exemple I already finished Sankarea, but I could say Ryuugajou Nanana. Both of them was just a prologue, and when the story began, the anime ended, and never got continue...

But there is Pandora Hearts, Aa! Megami-sama!, Tegami bachi... Good series never finished, but To Love-ru and other ecchi trashes got 2 or 3 season... It's fucking annyoing.

I only have 1 question: WHY?
Jun 28, 2016 1:57 AM
Jan 2012
Because Money matter,. it was industry to begin with,.
Jun 28, 2016 2:04 AM

Jul 2012
It have different points.

As an example. I'm from germany and her are series like Deadman Wonderland, Btooom or Elfenlied really popular and famous. But this series don't get a high succes in Japan and thats the point. It doesn't matter how popular are some series international. Japan is important. Maybe the series don't get many sells so it is not worth for the publisher to make more.

A another point is that some Anime are only advertising for the original or it is from Madhouse.

But after all i can understand your feeling I want a new season from darker than black. The only series I watch from your list was Sankarea and Pandora Hearts. I don't know the reason for Pandora Hearts but I'm not sure with Sankarea I mean it was a advertising.

Jun 28, 2016 2:08 AM

Jan 2009
i made a thread about an anime industry staff explanation about it here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1521029

and also this - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-01-18/.97673
Jun 28, 2016 3:07 AM

Mar 2016
Arrivals said:
It have different points.

As an example. I'm from germany and her are series like Deadman Wonderland, Btooom or Elfenlied really popular and famous. But this series don't get a high succes in Japan and thats the point. It doesn't matter how popular are some series international. Japan is important. Maybe the series don't get many sells so it is not worth for the publisher to make more.

A another point is that some Anime are only advertising for the original or it is from Madhouse.

But after all i can understand your feeling I want a new season from darker than black. The only series I watch from your list was Sankarea and Pandora Hearts. I don't know the reason for Pandora Hearts but I'm not sure with Sankarea I mean it was a advertising.

Btoom, ya, that was good. Elfenlied wasn't better, but I more liked Brynhild no Darkness - well, at least while it followed the manga. Poor mangaka :/ Same writer Elfenlied and Brynhild no Darkness, both of them got poor anime adaptation... :/
Jun 28, 2016 3:27 AM

Jun 2016
Because there isn't enough demand... apparently not enough to bring money in, anyway. Ecchi anime can easily bring that in, thus the [unfortunately] many seasons.

But you know, there's always the manga and the novels. I was also annoyed that Pandora Hearts was discontinued, but reading the manga got rid of that annoyance.

Active sometimes.
Jun 28, 2016 3:29 AM

Jul 2014
it's okay, the Pandora Hearts anime was trash save for the soundtrack and voice acting anyway.
Jun 28, 2016 3:41 AM

Dec 2014
It's mostly about money. Although sometimes the anime was intended to advertise the source material so ending where it's good makes you go and read the manga/light novel/visual novel
Jun 28, 2016 3:41 AM

Oct 2013
Dave8814 said:
but To Love-ru and other ecchi trashes got 2 or 3 season... It's fucking annyoing
To Love Ru is pretty good though so I have no clue what you're talking about
Jun 28, 2016 3:49 AM

Feb 2013
to get you to read da source material, obv >_>
Jun 28, 2016 3:52 AM

Jan 2009
romagia said:
to get you to read da source material, obv >_>

to get you to buy da source material, obv >_>

fixed that a little bit
Jun 28, 2016 3:55 AM

Mar 2016
j0x said:
i made a thread about an anime industry staff explanation about it here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1521029

I read it, that's sad.. Fucking capitalist. Good olda stalin in his communism... They never cancelled animes.
Jun 28, 2016 3:58 AM
Aug 2014
This is the biggest problem i personally have with anime.
If i skim through my list i would say more than half of the shows ive watched didnt have a proper ending, just to name a few:
Black Bullet, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Break Blade , Btooom, Date A Live , Deadman Wonderland...
Especially Haganai makes me furious, because im planning to get the light novel to see how it ended, but that means im being part of the problem

j0x said:

I hope the industry will change someday, because so far the crap with "want to know how it ends? buy the manga/LN" is a horrible system for the customers (and i bet the producers hate it as well)
Jun 28, 2016 4:14 AM

Oct 2013
Just a piece of advice. if you want completed series watch older shows and shows from studios with good track records
So doing research is the most important thing here
Jun 28, 2016 4:20 AM

Mar 2014
Because the producers want to see you suffer
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 28, 2016 4:24 AM

Mar 2016
leNerd said:
This is the biggest problem i personally have with anime.
If i skim through my list i would say more than half of the shows ive watched didnt have a proper ending, just to name a few:
Black Bullet, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Break Blade , Btooom, Date A Live , Deadman Wonderland...
Especially Haganai makes me furious, because im planning to get the light novel to see how it ended, but that means im being part of the problem

j0x said:

I hope the industry will change someday, because so far the crap with "want to know how it ends? buy the manga/LN" is a horrible system for the customers (and i bet the producers hate it as well)

It's really annoying.. Anime has lot of more fun than manga... But, I also hate when the anime got a terrible movie ending, like sora no otoshimono. Seriously, japanese just can't make movies. Most of them are trash or rough-and-ready
Jun 28, 2016 4:34 AM

Jan 2015
Because many anime exist just to advertise the source material.
Jun 28, 2016 4:36 AM

Dec 2012
8bit and Aniplex cut off Rewrite before it even aired. ( ._.)
Jun 28, 2016 9:05 AM

Oct 2011
It's a marketing strategy that points you to the source material.
Jun 28, 2016 9:30 AM

Nov 2015
Because "read the mango lel".
They don't care about the anime.
Jun 28, 2016 9:33 AM

Oct 2014
It's meant as an advertising for the source material so to end on a good note that makes you want to know what happens next is the ideal way to create an adaption in the eyes of the magazine company.

More topics from this board

» How did you get into anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Cudlyyy - Sep 28, 2023

115 by ZakuF_ »»
37 seconds ago

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime?

Dragevard - 5 hours ago

24 by TsutanaiFuun »»
20 minutes ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - 9 hours ago

22 by ProGoddess »»
25 minutes ago

» What are some anime memes from the late 2000's to early 2010's that you still remeber fondly ?

tchitchouan - Today

8 by Hikinekomori »»
34 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

109 by maulaa »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.