Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2016 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh gosh Amahisa is starting to show his real ability. I hope Furuya can give strikes too, not BALLS or else the team is in danger.
Jun 24, 2016 6:01 AM

Aug 2015
To be honest. At the moments Sawamura is the overall best pitcher at Seidou. Furuya is all over the place. Sawamura has had great character development while his rival has been lacking. It's probably time for the writer to give Furuya a wake up call and revoke his ace title.
Jun 24, 2016 2:42 PM
Feb 2016
MsChii said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
Oh gosh Amahisa is starting to show his real ability. I hope Furuya can give strikes too, not BALLS or else the team is in danger.

Yeah, I really think that Amahisa is not going to allow any more runs, since the author through Miyuki, hinted earlier in another chapter that his slider is beyond high school level and would be hard to hit off of. And the opponent team not allowing any more runs is something we never really saw before in other matches (the exception being Komadai Fujimaki), so it would be kind of refreshing to see and since we're in act 2, the author might want to introduce new game developments.

Salva252 said:
To be honest. At the moments Sawamura is the overall best pitcher at Seidou. Furuya is all over the place. Sawamura has had great character development while his rival has been lacking. It's probably time for the writer to give Furuya a wake up call and revoke his ace title.

Yeah, I feel like Furuya's fall from the ace position is going to happen, the author been setting it up recently. Though Furuya has been performing quite well as ace like he's much better than when Tanba was ace, so it might take a bit more longer. Hopefully, Furuya gets some great character development and he's not out of the ace position because of an injury. I much rather see Sawamura get the position cause he was performing well.
Jun 24, 2016 2:49 PM

Aug 2015
Haruichigloves said:
MsChii said:

Yeah, I really think that Amahisa is not going to allow any more runs, since the author through Miyuki, hinted earlier in another chapter that his slider is beyond high school level and would be hard to hit off of. And the opponent team not allowing any more runs is something we never really saw before in other matches (the exception being Komadai Fujimaki), so it would be kind of refreshing to see and since we're in act 2, the author might want to introduce new game developments.

Salva252 said:

Yeah, I feel like Furuya's fall from the ace position is going to happen, the author been setting it up recently. Though Furuya has been performing quite well as ace like he's much better than when Tanba was ace, so it might take a bit more longer. Hopefully, Furuya gets some great character development and he's not out of the ace position because of an injury. I much rather see Sawamura get the position cause he was performing well.
Mentally speaking Tanba was beter ace. He was kinda Luke Sawamura who is close to his teammates. If the autor keeps Furuya as ace without any problems at all. Im might even consider quiting this show fort a while. It has been 10 years sinve the first chapter and hell Its time for Furuya to fall on his ass and realise that being an ace isnt just ahout Being good
Jun 24, 2016 10:54 PM
Feb 2016
Salva252 said:
Haruichigloves said:

Mentally speaking Tanba was beter ace. He was kinda Luke Sawamura who is close to his teammates. If the autor keeps Furuya as ace without any problems at all. Im might even consider quiting this show fort a while. It has been 10 years sinve the first chapter and hell Its time for Furuya to fall on his ass and realise that being an ace isnt just ahout Being good

Tanba is more closer to his teammates which is a plus. But I don't think his mentality on the mound was good, Tanba threw occasional meatballs that has or could have put Seido in a dangerous spot. Tanba is, unfortunately, quite unreliable. I do think he is a pretty well-developed character in terms of the struggles he went through. Furuya, although inconsistent and also sometimes unreliable, had moments where he showed great mentality like the matches with Komadai Fujisaki and Seiko. Also, I feel like Furuya trusts his teammates more than he lets on. Like he wouldn't have looked back at the fielders and pointed to his heart to regain his confidence in that match with Seiko if he didn't trust them. Though he could be quite insensible sometimes like when he rejected Kaoru's request to catch his pitches. That was pretty brutal. Though other characters in the story like Miyuki and Kuramochi are also quite harsh or blunt sometimes, so its not just Furuya.

I don't want to see Furuya feel like crap about the ace position taken away from him but I also want to see Sawamura rise and be awarded for his efforts.
Jun 25, 2016 5:00 AM

Aug 2015
Haruichigloves said:
Salva252 said:

Tanba is more closer to his teammates which is a plus. But I don't think his mentality on the mound was good, Tanba threw occasional meatballs that has or could have put Seido in a dangerous spot. Tanba is, unfortunately, quite unreliable. I do think he is a pretty well-developed character in terms of the struggles he went through. Furuya, although inconsistent and also sometimes unreliable, had moments where he showed great mentality like the matches with Komadai Fujisaki and Seiko. Also, I feel like Furuya trusts his teammates more than he lets on. Like he wouldn't have looked back at the fielders and pointed to his heart to regain his confidence in that match with Seiko if he didn't trust them. Though he could be quite insensible sometimes like when he rejected Kaoru's request to catch his pitches. That was pretty brutal. Though other characters in the story like Miyuki and Kuramochi are also quite harsh or blunt sometimes, so its not just Furuya.

I don't want to see Furuya feel like crap about the ace position taken away from him but I also want to see Sawamura rise and be awarded for his efforts.
I feel if tanba didn't have his accident. (Hit to the jaw) he would have been an excellent ace. But to be honest I't not that I dislike Furuya I just feel his character development hasn't come close to Sawamura's. And just as you say I'd like to see Sawamura get awared for his struggles and efforts. We'll just have to wait and see where the writer will take it.
Apr 27, 2023 7:58 AM

Sep 2020
lol Yuuki trying to get into the Jingu Stadium without a ticket. Amahisa is shockingly bad and Furuya is just a mess.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 175 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Jul 18, 2019

3 by ZeltronULT »»
May 10, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 176 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Jul 25, 2019

8 by ZeltronULT »»
May 10, 12:19 AM

» Will Terajima-sensei continue this manga?

Petrarca25 - Feb 2

4 by EmiPyon »»
Feb 10, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 309 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 14, 2023

7 by sam_rg »»
Oct 14, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 308 Discussion

Lylaaz - Oct 29, 2022

10 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.