Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Bit too early to already have looming threat of Heidi being taken away.
Jul 9, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2013
Poor thing T_T
Being with uncle on the mountains is the BEST. THING. EVER.
Dec 17, 2016 6:40 PM

Jun 2009
Geez, these kids are stronger than me. I would have cried. And Pichi would be dead.
Mar 8, 2018 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
It seems that life in the mountains is rather turbulent and fog is a serious business, better not have to do if you can avoid it. Black clouds gather on the horizon but to see them for now is only Heidi's grandfather. All the fables, as they say, have bad times.
Another episode where you can appreciate the carefree and simple atmosphere that can only be found in particular places, how beautiful!
Mar 31, 2019 1:51 PM

Sep 2011
I felt bad for the hawk having a stone thrown at it, but Peter was really brave and fought to protect Pichi and Heidi. I'm glad the two of them made up. That thick fog was scary though, just like that "bridge", but fortunately her grandfather went to fetch them.

Now Dete is being selfish. She showed up out of nowhere one day, and told Heidi's grandfather that she had "done her part", and he took Heidi in. But now that she is settled and things are good for her she just wants to take Heidi back? Of course a good education would be great for her, but the girl is happy and I doubt she would want to move again to be alone.
Feb 8, 2020 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
Going toe to toe against an eagle just to save a little bird, crossing over from one mountain to the next using a log, these kids are strong, if not at least courageous. I doubt most adults would have been as brave as them. Most of them would cower and panic, providing help as little as possible. I especially liked how Peter acted all manly and got rid of his shirt to face off the fearsome hawk!

Episode 5 and Heidi's living arrangements, which turned out for the better, are already being threatened? Oh, this is not a good sign of things.
May 21, 2021 12:21 PM

Jan 2021
Now I think I understand why the grandfather rejects the aunt like that...he must think that she acts in a selfish way, so he does not want her to leave Heidi anymore. ( he loves her)
Feb 6, 2023 10:34 AM
Dec 2015
I'm not going to lie, a part of me thought they might have skipped the entire plot point of Heidi being taken away. I've just never seen anything about the anime taking her away, but who knows, I'll have to watch more.

Mar 8, 3:36 PM
Nov 2019
That was incredible!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 4 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

4 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 3 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

5 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 2 Discussion

catullus_d_rus - Mar 28, 2016

8 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 47 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jul 30, 2016

6 by k1Aegis »»
Jan 7, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 50 Discussion

Fayrin - Apr 17, 2019

2 by VivaceRex »»
Dec 17, 2023 8:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.