Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 13, 2016 6:42 PM

Mar 2015
So I've just stumbled upon MindOddity.com after someone mentioned it on another topic. Anyone has ordered from them? Are they reliable?

I'm asking because although they have very few manga titles (only the popular ones) they sell it for crazy prices... like the AoT volumes are around $2 each. Such low prices are making me a bit suspicious so I figured it'd be wise to ask around to see if anyone has actually ordered from them and can confirm this isn't a scam!
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jun 14, 2016 3:05 AM

Mar 2015
TTT

#30characterlimit
Jun 14, 2016 10:37 AM

Mar 2015
Come on guys, no one has ever ordered from them?! ;p
Jun 14, 2016 11:37 PM

Dec 2011
Never heard of them before, but from poking around it seems they charge $7 per item in shipping costs, which are not included in the item prices. Which is why they appear so cheap.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 15, 2016 5:43 PM

Mar 2015
kuuderes_shadow said:
Never heard of them before, but from poking around it seems they charge $7 per item in shipping costs, which are not included in the item prices. Which is why they appear so cheap.

Oh, I didn't notice that... guess it was too good to be true... anyways thanks for your input!
Jun 29, 2016 8:35 AM
Jun 2016
MindOddity is reliable and they do not charge $7 per item to ship (where did that info come from?). If you want to know what they charge, go to their site and buy a bunch of books - the checkout will provide you with a flat rate freight cost for the complete order and I assure you, it will not be $7 per item. Do some more poking around . . . .
Jun 29, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2011
madcar said:
MindOddity is reliable and they do not charge $7 per item to ship (where did that info come from?). If you want to know what they charge, go to their site and buy a bunch of books - the checkout will provide you with a flat rate freight cost for the complete order and I assure you, it will not be $7 per item. Do some more poking around . . . .

It came from their shipping info page. This has changed at some point over the past 2 weeks.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 29, 2016 10:38 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
I figured I'd give it a chance. I did order a bunch of books (10). And my shipping came to $9.99 total for everything all together. So, not to bad.

Here is what I ordered:

• Fallen Words
  • The Push-Man and Other Stories
  • Seconds: A Graphic Novel
  • NonNonBa
  • Onwards Towards Our Noble Deaths
  • Morning Glories Vol. 1: For a Better Future
  • Mind the Gap Vol. 1: Intimate Strangers
  • Saga Vol. 2
  • Saga Vol. 3
  • Saga Vol. 4

The manga selection is kind of weak sauce for me. There were a few manga under small press instead of manga, which I picked up (gekiga stuff). The one manga I wanted for the manga section would have been Attack on Titan vol 12, but they don't have that one.

I'll report back though.
Jul 2, 2016 6:45 AM

Mar 2015
Brand said:
I figured I'd give it a chance. I did order a bunch of books (10). And my shipping came to $9.99 total for everything all together. So, not to bad.

Here is what I ordered:

• Fallen Words
  • The Push-Man and Other Stories
  • Seconds: A Graphic Novel
  • NonNonBa
  • Onwards Towards Our Noble Deaths
  • Morning Glories Vol. 1: For a Better Future
  • Mind the Gap Vol. 1: Intimate Strangers
  • Saga Vol. 2
  • Saga Vol. 3
  • Saga Vol. 4

The manga selection is kind of weak sauce for me. There were a few manga under small press instead of manga, which I picked up (gekiga stuff). The one manga I wanted for the manga section would have been Attack on Titan vol 12, but they don't have that one.

I'll report back though.

Thanks for your input! I agree that the manga selection is rather weak but it didn't bother me much since I really like AoT. I don't live in the US tho so I'll try to order a few volumes and see what the shipping cost is.
Jul 2, 2016 2:20 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
RedaJaNai said:

Thanks for your input! I agree that the manga selection is rather weak but it didn't bother me much since I really like AoT. I don't live in the US tho so I'll try to order a few volumes and see what the shipping cost is.

So, I ordered Wednesday and I got my order today. I'm pretty happy with it. Everything is new, and in great shape, and it was all backed well. I'd totally order from them again.

So, yeah if you are looking to buy several volumes of Attack on Titian it could be worth it as long as shipping isn't to expensive for you.
Jul 2, 2016 4:19 PM

Mar 2015
Brand said:
RedaJaNai said:

So, I ordered Wednesday and I got my order today. I'm pretty happy with it. Everything is new, and in great shape, and it was all backed well. I'd totally order from them again.

So, yeah if you are looking to buy several volumes of Attack on Titian it could be worth it as long as shipping isn't to expensive for you.

I just saw on their site that they don't ship to my country. Huge bummer, since their products are reallyyy cheap. :(

I really appreciated your input though (;

More topics from this board

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

9 by Shirayukin »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

379 by LyLord »»
4 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
5 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.