Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 12, 2016 3:12 PM
Jan 2016
I finished this anime about an hour and a half ago,(The time being 5:21 pm right now on 6/12/16). I started watching it around 10:00 pm last night and stayed up till 4 am to get to episode 16. Then, I woke up at I believe 10:00 am to finish the anime around 4:00 pm. With my binge watching being inefficient the second day due to me getting somewhat bored half way through the series. Now I realize right now to really get a better grasp of this anime I should scan around the episodes and collect my thoughts, but am deciding to put my raw opinion down right now so that people can take my opinions and somewhat debunk them.

Overall I would not give this anime more than a average or fine. The reason being is because I really started to have a ton of mixed feelings about Yuno through out the series(I kind of liked thinking if she could be trusted or not, but also disliked it at some points). I didn't know if she was good or bad, sane or insane. Near the end is when it got ten times worse. When she just went crazy and was trying to kill Yukki I was really hoping that Yukki would save her from this spiral of despair, and they would find a way to live happily.

I had the thought in the back of my mind that on 7/28 they will become one. That they would become gods together, or they would merge to become god and rule as one. Thus, the ending where Yuno died was really disappointing for me. I was really hoping for a love story and happy ending but it ended in tragedy for THEIR relationship. Which personally was the only relationship I cared about. No one's relationship besides theirs really mattered to me(I didn't care about the people the third world).

Besides me disliking the ending, I did like the other parts of the series. When Yukki & Yuno were having fun together in the tryout wedding, and I enjoyed the battles, especially vs the sevenths(I liked the battle scenes not what problems were behind them). Now I know most of the things I liked were along the lines of romance, and romance is just one of the tags in this anime. I did not like some of the really unfortunate back stories of most of the future diary owners. Honestly, I think if it didn't have any romance I would have enjoyed the series more, maybe.

Or the lack of romance might have caused me to drop this series, because i would have thought it was to gory and dark for me. I am just thinking back to Death Note where the main character died in the end, because he was evil, but the girl he had romance with in the anime still got to live(I watched that series quite a bit ago, and i am to lazy to look up the names of the characters). So, with all this in mind I cannot give this anime a higher rating, and I cannot give it a lower rating. If only the romance had a happy ending(Yuno & Yukki's), or the girl died early on so I could not get connected. I know i have had mixed feelings about her, but one of them was not that i didnt like her, it was more that i thought she couldn't be trusted, and she was insane.

So, all in all please tell me what you guys think about this anime, and if you can reveal something that I am forgetting that can make me get more of a piece of mind about this anime.
Jun 12, 2016 3:31 PM
Aug 2014
Did you watch the Redial OVA? Its mostly considered the true ending and also the much better one in my opinion.
Jun 12, 2016 5:35 PM
Jan 2016
No, i will check that out
Jun 13, 2016 12:24 PM
Jan 2016
Just Watched Redail & Found My Peace With This Anime. Thus, my rating has gone from a 5 or 6 to a 8.5.
Jun 15, 2016 7:34 AM
Mar 2016
When you think about it, the final kill made no sense. Yuno changed fate just..... Cuz.
I am new to the anime community, please feel free to suggest any anime for me to watch and review. List is currently in my Bio.

Currently watching: Ghost in the Shell; Stand Alone Complex

"Some people get kicks, stomping on a dream. But I don't let it, let it get me down, 'cause this fine o'l world keeps spinning around." -That's Life, Frank Sinatra
Jun 17, 2016 5:14 PM

Jun 2016
I finished this anime earlier this week after binging it over last weekend, and man... this show hit me hard. Its all I've been able to think about all week. Sure there were times where I wavered on Yuno and Yukkis relationship (primely due to how batshit Yuno was) and got frustrated with how the show was playing out, but in the end I gotta say I loved it. This show has literally affected me more emotionally than any other anime, and I think partially this is due to how unexpected it was. But damn, worst case of Post Anime Depression Syndrome I have experienced. Despite the closure that came from Redial, I still feel like a part of me is missing now that I've finished.
Jun 20, 2016 11:14 AM

Jun 2016
nice to see i'm not the only one who binge watched the entire thing. watching Redial meant i could finally move on from this series, a solid 9 in my opinion

Aug 24, 2016 12:33 PM
Aug 2016
TheDersEffect19 said:
I finished this anime earlier this week after binging it over last weekend, and man... this show hit me hard. Its all I've been able to think about all week. Sure there were times where I wavered on Yuno and Yukkis relationship (primely due to how batshit Yuno was) and got frustrated with how the show was playing out, but in the end I gotta say I loved it. This show has literally affected me more emotionally than any other anime, and I think partially this is due to how unexpected it was. But damn, worst case of Post Anime Depression Syndrome I have experienced. Despite the closure that came from Redial, I still feel like a part of me is missing now that I've finished.

Man... I can't tell you how much I sympathize with you. You literally explained how I felt exactly. I even went to read the ending of the manga just for some closure and I found I could rest a bit more easy with another view on an alternate ending. Check it out
http://www.mangapanda.com/mirai-nikki/59
Aug 24, 2016 7:05 PM

Jun 2016
Iramistin said:
TheDersEffect19 said:

Man... I can't tell you how much I sympathize with you. You literally explained how I felt exactly. I even went to read the ending of the manga just for some closure and I found I could rest a bit more easy with another view on an alternate ending. Check it out
http://www.mangapanda.com/mirai-nikki/59

Good to know theres others out there who feel the same way. An just a heads up, theres an OVA version of that manga ending - https://myanimelist.net/anime/16762/Mirai_Nikki_Redial

The closure helped a bit, but I still get feels when i think about this one. I wanna rewatch it so bad, and at the same time, I dont lol

More topics from this board

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Apr 22

23 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Yesterday, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

305 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 21, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

364 by Konyalianimekizi »»
Apr 20, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 12, 2012

259 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 20, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.