Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2016 2:47 PM

Dec 2014
Well that was intense... The whole episode got me hanging on my seat
Jun 12, 2016 2:52 PM
Oct 2010
Such a badass episode, the show has finally begun! I hope they animate the rest.
Apr 2014
Man that was intense. For a moment I actually thought someone might die even though it'd be unusual for an anime like this.

But I can't avoid thinking All Might should have stayed where he was. I mean he was the one they wanted to kill in the first place and considering he might get 30 minutes with his full power at the most it was really fucking risky.

I guess it can't be helped if he just went there with the expectation of teaching just to find that current situation instead of being sent by Iida. It is a likely scenario, too. Still don't like what could happen next.

Nov 2014
Currently mindblown after finding out that facepalm's voice actor is the same as Soul Eater, Rinne, Goldov from Rokka no Yuusha, Tsukishima from Haikyuu, Yuu from Charlotte, Hiroshi from Barakamon, and Yoshino from Zetsuen no Tempest!
KonoYume said:
Truth4Lies said:
Wasn´t Deku smash a little exagerated in the anime? It was supposed to be a 5% smash, unless it was a little more (less than a 50%) and Noumu´s quirk helped to soft the damage.

No wasn't it supposed to be 100% or nothing? I don't know where you get that 5% though. I guess though that Noumu's quirk nullified both the power and the recoil of it. Or it was from EraserHead's. Can someone clarify this please?
deku can only use 5% of all might's power at the moment
Jun 12, 2016 3:13 PM

May 2015
ALL MIGHT! FUCK YEAH!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 12, 2016 3:25 PM

Nov 2014
Quirkiness101 said:
Random question for the manga readers: just how strong are Mineta's balls? If they were stuck to Nomu, would they be strong enough to immobilize him or would he be able to just rip free?

dude, putting "mineta" and "balls" in the same sentence is just plain wrong.
AmnesiA-chan said:

I wanna see this uncensored. Thank you.

here you go:
Jun 12, 2016 3:31 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
MoonStar9 said:
Tokoya said:
The anime didn't really have any part in the success of manga sales sadly

Regardless, I think it's safe to say that we will get a second season

The gross increase in sales usually factor in AFTER the ending of the anime and people pick up where it leaves off. The half-year sales were collected from 23/11/15 to 22/05/16 with Academia premiering on April 3rd 2016. That's four months+ worth of Academia manga sales without anime influence factoring into the half-year sales figure. Last year Academia was the 27th best selling manga for the full year without any anime influence. Currently it is the 9th best-selling manga at the time episode 8 had aired so I wouldn't say the anime had no impact. Rather I'd say the impact was quite impressive given an absence of four months+. The upcoming full sales chart in November will show just how much the anime impacted the sales of the manga after it ends and people move on to reading the manga.
Nice, good to know
Jun 12, 2016 3:33 PM
Dec 2014
I've just watched the episode and as always these episodes are amazing!
While the erase head is trying to keep the villains occupied are the students working together to defeat as much as they can. But on the end someone arrives that is extremely mad. I guess we have a continue? as the villain said.xd

ChiefCommanderJun 12, 2016 3:37 PM
Jun 12, 2016 3:39 PM

Sep 2014
As much as I like this series and even got hooked when I finally decided to watch it a week ago, it's kind of disappointing to see the protagonist barely do anything for so long.

Everything is being developed properly and I can't complain about that. But it bothers me to see most people (and the cast here is pretty sizeable) get as much attention as the protagonist, if not more.

At first, their goal seemed to be helping their teacher somehow, just for them to get there I watch him get pwned. I don't get it.

Other than that, it was fairly enjoyable.
Jun 12, 2016 3:42 PM

Jun 2015
those heroes...
you just have to respect all of them!
they were all amazing!
Jun 12, 2016 4:05 PM

Sep 2014
Only show that didn't disappoint me this season!
Jun 12, 2016 4:06 PM

Aug 2013
Call me crazy or whatever... But I think Tsu is reallllyy cute!

Aizawa sensei was so freaking cool!

Cant wait to see episode 13 so I can Bing read the manga.
Jun 12, 2016 4:24 PM
Aug 2015
Wow, that's rough. Aizawa went through all that torture and he still managed to save Tsuyu.

You know All Might's pissed when he's not smiling xD
Jun 12, 2016 4:28 PM

Apr 2016
I can see where the anime will go in the end and I'm so hyped for it, this was such an amazing anime and I hope they make a part two as soon as possible!
Jun 12, 2016 5:02 PM

Aug 2013
Best episode yet.. by a mile. 5/5.
Jun 12, 2016 5:03 PM

Feb 2016
Next up: Carolina Smash
Also, I wish someday they'll do a Brooklyn Smash, with a small loan of 1 Million punches.
Jun 12, 2016 5:19 PM
Feb 2013

Hi, who's the guy of your profile picture ?

God this episode got me screaming, my poor baby Erased D:
Jun 12, 2016 5:42 PM

Jul 2009
Omg Aizawa-sensei was awesome! How dare they hurt his badass self! Death to them all!

Also I really hope All Might doesn't die at the end of this arc (or go into a coma or something, i want him to continue to be around!)
Jun 12, 2016 6:09 PM
Jan 2016
I love seeing the other students show off their quirks. I mean just wait till they have more training! And this evil Gintama almost made the show get really dark. My only complaint is the anti symbol of peace. He's stronger and faster just because..... it's not fun to see him fight.
Jun 12, 2016 6:11 PM

Aug 2013
That beating to Eraser Head was heavy! Keeps getting better..
You're gonna carry that weight.
Jun 12, 2016 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
This was some next level shit. OMG! 5/5

Aizawa FTW!

I highly doubt next episode can beat this greatness.
Jun 12, 2016 7:40 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode! Even being students they can still kick some villains asses xD
From the preview we can see that All Might will bleed from his injury :/
It was unexpected when that "many hands" guy almost killed Midoriya, Asui and that grape guy xD
Can't wait to see the last episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 12, 2016 8:09 PM

Jan 2014
Great stuff. Leaves a lot to predict for the future.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 12, 2016 9:29 PM
Jun 2016
FlamepriesT said:
As much as I like this series and even got hooked when I finally decided to watch it a week ago, it's kind of disappointing to see the protagonist barely do anything for so long.

Everything is being developed properly and I can't complain about that. But it bothers me to see most people (and the cast here is pretty sizeable) get as much attention as the protagonist, if not more.

At first, their goal seemed to be helping their teacher somehow, just for them to get there I watch him get pwned. I don't get it.

Other than that, it was fairly enjoyable.

Wait, really?

For me, a big part of Hero Academia's charm is how realistic it is. And by that, i mean the world doesn't revolve around the MC.

He's important and plays an integral part in the story, no doubt, but every other character are people too, and they are fully capable of doing things without needing the MC to help. Everyone gets their own spotlights, everyone does their job. I'd much rather have that compared to your usual MC-comes-and-takes-care-of-everything-while-sidecharacters-watch storyline of other shounens.

Plus cmon, when i first read this part in the manga i was thrilled af. I WANTED to know the other students' quirks and see how they fare, and it didn't disappoint. MHA knows how to handle its large cast.
Jun 12, 2016 9:55 PM

Jan 2015
Haven't been the biggest fan of this series, let alone of the "hero comes at the last second" trope, but I really liked the execution of this. Really well done imo and a lot better handled in the anime than the manga.

Thank god for Mineta because his perverted comedy is making most episodes worthwhile.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 12, 2016 9:58 PM

Dec 2014
So the anime is bette than manga.... many people mayagree or disagree with this
Jun 12, 2016 10:06 PM

Aug 2015
As per usual, the episode was amazing, sadly there are only two episodes left but I am REALLY looking forward to episode 12!
Jun 12, 2016 10:53 PM

May 2015
This episode was amazing! I loved all the action. It was really nice seeing all the characters in their individual battles from Momo's group to Todoroki to Aizawa. Aizawa seems to have a lot of plot armor, but honestly, it's fine. He looked so cool when he was able to save Tsuyu. And it was nice to see Izuku actually control his smash for once. All Might's badass entrance at the end was the perfect stopping point. Overall, this may have been the best episode yet and I can't wait for the remaining 2 episodes!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jun 12, 2016 11:40 PM

Jan 2016
I never liked Aizawa's character, until this episode, my god he's a BADASS!
マジ Saitama 殴り
Jun 12, 2016 11:59 PM

Oct 2013
damn, shit is getting real

I was annoyed with Iida though, he should have been gone and getting help as soon as he was told. I get that it's hard for him to run off but he wasn't even helping to fight and he had been given direct orders to do something to help. It's not a good hero or leadership trait that he didn't move until things were getting dire.
Jun 13, 2016 2:37 AM

Jun 2014
HO.LY. SHIT

That scene is Tsu and the villain was TERRIFYING.

Tsu is best girl. Confirmed.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 13, 2016 3:22 AM
Nov 2010
Rebelhero said:
HO.LY. SHIT

That scene is Tsu and the villain was TERRIFYING.

Tsu is best girl. Confirmed.

ofcourse frog is best girl
Jun 13, 2016 4:43 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode! Todoroki is really powerful, maybe he can surpass All Might in no time, but, All Might isn't the symbol of peace only because of his quirk after all.
That perv shorty! what can expect from someone like him when he becomes a pro!
Those villain wanted All Might in the first place, I wonder is his sudden appearance (maybe it's not so sudden) is a good thing or the contrary.
Jun 13, 2016 5:47 AM

May 2012
It keeps getting better with every episode

I hope it gets 2nd season
Jun 13, 2016 5:59 AM

Feb 2016
I just finished marathoning this series from episode 1-11 and I must say this series so far did not fail to entertain me. I know it's a typical shonen anime where the main character is an underdog who dreams big. But like I said, I'm enjoying this show so far!

I just hope All Might won't die anytime soon. It'd be a disaster to lose him.

This episode is quite entertaining. When the scene is supposed to be hilarious, it really is funny...at least to me.

I do hope Aizawa-sensei survives the torture. He was incredible and did an amazong job even losing to the real threats in the end.
DarkAngel035Jun 13, 2016 6:07 AM
That feeling when you feel you know the feeling of not feeling any feel at all. Get the feeling?
Jun 13, 2016 6:01 AM

Mar 2016
I'm probably the 1% of people who hasn't read the manga YET but I felt like crying when All Might finally showed up, finally he's here. I hope this anime will have a second season D:
Jun 13, 2016 6:35 AM

Jun 2013
ttcchen said:
Currently mindblown after finding out that facepalm's voice actor is the same as Soul Eater, Rinne, Goldov from Rokka no Yuusha, Tsukishima from Haikyuu, Yuu from Charlotte, Hiroshi from Barakamon, and Yoshino from Zetsuen no Tempest!
Not to mention Meruem from Hunter x Hunter.
Jun 13, 2016 7:17 AM

Mar 2015
Thought Aizawa was going to die when he was smashed in by the big raven dude.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jun 13, 2016 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
YAAY HYPE EPISODE!!
Really liked it and we have a pissed off All Might now
Liking the Frog girl too, she's a qt.
And Aizawa with his bloody face though, that was HYPE
3.6/5
Jun 13, 2016 10:01 AM
May 2014
Great adaptation, I love how this is progressing. I get the feeling the anime is gonna end at this arc, but I've got no problem with that at all.

I love how great Kirishima is, he wasn't my favourite in the manga but the anime version of him is growing on me. I used to just get him mixed up with Bakugou and Kaminari in the manga lol. This anime is doing a good job of fleshing out characters tbh.
Jun 13, 2016 10:26 AM
Apr 2016
Great episode! Looks like the series (season) will finish strong.
Jun 13, 2016 12:20 PM

Jun 2013
where's my second seasson news? where's my fucking seacond season news?!
Jun 13, 2016 12:28 PM
Aug 2015
ttcchen said:
Quirkiness101 said:
Random question for the manga readers: just how strong are Mineta's balls? If they were stuck to Nomu, would they be strong enough to immobilize him or would he be able to just rip free?

AmnesiA-chan said:

I wanna see this uncensored. Thank you.

here you go:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Jun 13, 2016 12:56 PM

Dec 2015
WHat an episode. Can't believe it ended there though. I feel like Izuku watching that video of All Mights debut at the end there.
Jun 13, 2016 2:23 PM

Apr 2008
Interesting fact:

Mineta in polish means Cunnilingus.

Plus Ultra guys.
Jun 13, 2016 3:05 PM

Nov 2014
AmnesiA-chan said:
ttcchen said:

here you go:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
BOW DOWN TO MY AMAZING PHOTOSHOP SKILLS!!!
Jun 13, 2016 3:48 PM

Feb 2016
Well this is getting better and better. It's been amusing to see how aizawa's been referred to as being cool from that creepy villain. On the other hand the villains may have something on par with the power of all might so this is gonna be a pain in the ass. Furthermore I slightly sense a death flag for all might but let's see.
Jun 13, 2016 4:53 PM

Jan 2014
Previously on BnHA - 2 minutes
OP- 1,5 minutes
ED - 2 minutes

24 - 5,5=18,5 minutes....I guess i am getting way too spoiled by Re:Zero but this is insane...This is not frickin Naruto,this is not a 100 episode long arc,this didnt come back from a hiatus,this is not a long running shounen...This was just sad...
Jun 13, 2016 4:55 PM
Jul 2018
NEXT WEEKEND CANNOT COME FASTER!!!!
ALL MIGHT IS GONNA FUCK. SHIT. UP!!!!!!

(literally just finished the episode and i'm hyped as all hell right now)
Jun 13, 2016 4:58 PM

Dec 2015
LoneWizard said:
Previously on BnHA - 2 minutes
OP- 1,5 minutes
ED - 2 minutes

24 - 5,5=18,5 minutes....I guess i am getting way too spoiled by Re:Zero but this is insane...This is not frickin Naruto,this is not a 100 episode long arc,this didnt come back from a hiatus,this is not a long running shounen...This was just sad...

Well if they did differently the pacing would be fucked even more and they would have to drag things down with more filler scenes. Do you want fillers instead?
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

421 by jumbosan »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.