Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jun 1, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2012
@lady_freyja i usually don't repeat what i have said so i will just quote since i agree 50% with him

like Andomarn said: post #223

I would disown my child immediately if I found out they were homosexual.
It's a mental illness that will never find a cure.

like they say homosexuality is a brain disorder just do ur research its actually scientifically proven , gays after years of assistance from parents - friends or mha can turn straight.

they just need right support from right people who have done their research and know what they are dealing with ,i am kinda amazed that you are trying your utmost best to justify a mental disorder.

Jun 1, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
The poll doesn't have a lot of options... I wouldn't be happy but what can you do id still love the bastard but it wouldn't be my preference
Your next line is "I was just pretending to be retarded".
Jun 1, 2016 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
AllenVonStein said:
@lady_freyja i usually don't repeat what i have said so i will just quote since i agree 50% with him

like Andomarn said: post #223

I would disown my child immediately if I found out they were homosexual.
It's a mental illness that will never find a cure.

like they say homosexuality is a brain disorder just do ur research its actually scientifically proven , gays after years of assistance from parents - friends or mha can turn straight.

they just need right support from right people who have done their research and know what they are dealing with ,i am kinda amazed that you are trying your utmost best to justify a mental disorder.

Oh then, you just are 26 years late: homosexuality isn't considered as a mental disorder by the World Health Assembly since 1990.

By all means, a "mental illness" can means two things: it is a mental state that inherently provokes suffering for the person which is affected. It is not the case of the homosexuality, which doesn't provoke in itself suffering.
A "mental illness" can also be a personality trait that is incompatible with the society. By such, it is dependent of the society where you live. In most of the Western world, homosexuality is accepted as normal, and thus is not a mental illness. It is still considered as a mental illness by some societies though.

But that second definition, in which homosexuality can fits, is absolutely relative and reflects nothing.

But if you have new scientific studies which proves that homosexuality is a mental illness (and thus inherently provokes suffering), then give it here. "do ur research" isn't an argument.
Because my last information is that decision of the World Health Assembly from 1990, which from what I know reflects the actual scientific consensus on the matter. So if you have an update, it will be cool, seriously.
Jun 1, 2016 1:52 PM

Jun 2011
I wouldn't care. What would be more important to me than the gender of their lover, is whether or not they are a decent person who would treat them right.
Jun 1, 2016 1:57 PM

Jul 2015
@lady_freyja but it's scientifically proven girl :c
Jun 1, 2016 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
Clebardman said:
@lady_freyja but it's scientifically proven girl :c

Dunno, my last scientific stuffs about homosexuality are a thesis in ethnology about female homosexuality in Japan, and a conference in 2016 (4 months ago) by a biologist about the future perspectives of homosexuality and genetics. None of them speak of homosexuality as a "mental disorder".

But it seems that @AllenVonStein have very fresh scientific contents on that matter, I guess more recent than the aforementioned conference. It sounds quite cool!
Jun 1, 2016 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
@AllenVonStein

I'm speaking about societies, you're speaking about individuals.
BTW two things:
– Be subject to discrimination isn't a sign of "mental illness", since you can be discriminated for everything. Thus your video proves nothing.
Russia isn't part of the "Western world".

But I'm still waiting about your news scientific studies saying that homosexuality is a mental disorder. You have them right under your hand I guess, since "ur done ur research"?
Jun 1, 2016 2:26 PM

Jan 2012
@lady_freyja not sure if u are serious here in defending gays or maybe u are gay yourself.

why should i bother give u my research? u know how many years it took me (maybe i will start writing a book to help gays and make them know of their mental disorder)

in fact while i am typing this there are lot of gays out there who have aids and don't even know about it .

Jun 1, 2016 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
If my child were a boy I'd give them all my yaoi doujinshi.
Jun 1, 2016 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
Topic Cleaned

Removed various instances of baiting, spam, and off-topic banter. As well as post addressing these removed posts, that wouldn't have made sense without the original post.

Due to the nature of the thread, some users may reply with negative opinions about homosexuality, which may be unpopular with some users. Please do not resolve to baiting, or insulting these users. There are better ways to disagree, and hold a discussion, without either.
Aug 15, 2016 4:13 PM

Dec 2014
I would not mind, except wtih the problems they might have with the others related to that (if so).
JustALEX said:

But only because if I ever had a son, I'd want him to be somewhat of a reflection of myself, I'd want him to Love sports the way I love it, and yeah...I'd want him to be straight and like Girls the way I do.
Your child don't necessarily need to be like you, that can bring a lot problems to them, and if it comes to homosexuality it can be worse, also because homosexuality is not an issue at all.
Also, what stops a gay person of liking sports? lol
FragMentizedAug 15, 2016 4:18 PM
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Aug 15, 2016 7:55 PM

Sep 2013
"Cool story, bro." I honestly don't give a damn if they're straight or gay, just as long as they stay true to themselves. Definitely couldn't support somebody like my youngest brother who announced his homosexuality on his 18th birthday but not even 6 months later started living as though he never had even a slight interest in dudes.
Aug 15, 2016 8:25 PM

Jun 2008
Ok, more being real...

Being gay isn't normal.

Wait....before bringing out the pitchforks, hear me out.

I fully support gay rights and gays being able to marry and being miserable just like straights.

But being gay will never be what the definition of "normal" is.

At BEST 10% of the population is gay/lesbian/bisexual....but the number of people who are actually "out" is far lower than that percentage.

Even if we lived in a perfect society where being gay truly was just another thing....it will never be "normal".

Now, that doesn't mean you treat gays unequal....but it is what it is.

And quite frankly, I'd rather be on the "normal" side than not.

But I digress....there's so much emphasis on what people are and are not....quite frankly this is one of the reasons why we can't move past this issue.

Why do we care so much which gender we are attracted to?
Aug 16, 2016 1:22 AM
Jul 2018
And what's wrong with that? It's nothing special in my opinion.
Aug 16, 2016 1:45 AM

Mar 2014
No problem obviously, nothing special or weird. I'd aspire to be a parent whose child is not afraid to discuss these matters with. And I would try to support it in finding happiness. I firmly believe that a parent who prioritizes his shitty prejudices over his child's happiness and well-being, while shaming and neglecting it, is definitely a failure.
The problem is, this matter should not even be in question anymore.
Aug 16, 2016 5:42 AM

Dec 2014
JustALEX said:
Being gay isn't normal.
What is your definition of normal? If you mean uncommon, yes it is uncommon, but it's natural. If so, being red-haired or green-eyed is much more abnormal than being gay, yet being red-haired and green-eyed is natural as well.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Aug 16, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2014
AllenVonStein said:

and most important It will offend God.

If that's the case he sure has thin skin for an all-powerful, omnipotent entity.
Take care of yourself

Aug 16, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 2016
I don't give a shit, i would just tell him/her that it's not something to be ashamed about.
Aug 17, 2016 8:38 AM

Jun 2015
RPSB9 said:
Educate him about AIDS and STDs. Add diseases of the mouth and the rectum.

I feel like you should teach kids about this anyways.

I would support my kid and make sure they know I love them no matter who they are attracted to.
Aug 17, 2016 12:17 PM

Jun 2013
Wouldn't give a fuck,if they're gay,then they're gay,what does it matter?
Aug 17, 2016 12:55 PM

Jun 2016
They'd be getting dat [reproductive organ of the same gender] instead of [reproductive organ of the opposite gender] as adults.I would be surprised at first I suppose but honestly they're my child, if something such as sexual orientation can hinder the realtionship between child and parent then there's already something fucked up going on there.
Aug 17, 2016 12:57 PM
Jul 2016
The answer is disown

But I have no kids right now

Aug 17, 2016 1:23 PM
Sep 2015
I'd slap them into another nationality.

Aug 17, 2016 3:11 PM

Feb 2016
Toshizou said:

Everybody Hates Chris, lmfao. I loved that show. But what does nationality have to do with anything?
Aug 17, 2016 3:39 PM
Sep 2015
Exhalant said:
Toshizou said:

Everybody Hates Chris, lmfao. I loved that show. But what does nationality have to do with anything?

So another nationality could claim them instead.

Edit: Op made an option on poll about slapping the homoness out of them and I remembered this lol - my mind works in odd ways
YuckydiyuckAug 17, 2016 3:47 PM
Aug 17, 2016 4:29 PM

Dec 2014
Why the hell should I give a damn. I'll let them know that it's not wrong, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

Aug 17, 2016 4:54 PM

Feb 2016
Toshizou said:
Exhalant said:

So another nationality could claim them instead.

Edit: Op made an option on poll about slapping the homoness out of them and I remembered this lol - my mind works in odd ways

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, so that'd also be disowning them in a way. Lol. That option meant more of like "beating sense" into your child or something like that. Basically resulting in physical force to get a wanted answer. :P
Jan 19, 2018 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
i expected the blatant homophobia but I didn't expect so many people say such retarded shit like "it's their choice", "it's only ok if they top", "that would never happen because i'm a good parent", "i would try to make them straight" and "i would disown my son if he was gay because gay guys spread aids"

anyway i wouldn't really give a shit because the gender my child is into doesn't negatively affect anyone but i don't like the idea of having children in general so
Jan 19, 2018 3:47 PM

Jun 2011
i'd call them a fag/dyke and laugh :p
Jan 19, 2018 3:53 PM

Feb 2009
I certainly wouldn't send them to some kind of priest/minister to "exorcise" the gay out of him/her. Haha!
Jan 19, 2018 3:55 PM

Jun 2015
It honestly wouldn't matter to me at all.

I'd definitely not act like my father did.

Jan 19, 2018 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
When I came out to my dad he said "I don't blame you, girls are hotter than dudes."

Bless
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

23 by Ejrodiew »»
7 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

26 by Serafos »»
41 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.