Forum Settings
Forums

Question regarding "user mention notification" limitations

New
May 24, 2016 9:01 PM

Jul 2015
So I help run a club here, and we've utilized the user notification system as a mean to send out a "newsletter" for our club in the past. However I recently was told this might not be allowed. If that is the case I can accept that, as it makes sense to prevent more malicious spam.
Here is an example of what we used to do:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1495412

However, my question is:
If I were to create a thread where club members could sign up for a Newsletter from the club, could I use the same method of notifying members, but instead of notifying all of them, only notify the users that sign up? This would mean I'm mass mailing people, but only people that agreed to receive notifications for the Newsletter. This way we don't have to spam user Comments like most clubs do.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
May 25, 2016 2:02 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
As far as I know there's a limit of how many people you can notify in one post, so if you use the notification system like this you'd have to make many posts (depending on how many people sign up).

The devs are currently working on improving the system to resolve questions like these, so if you wait a few more days then there should be a better way to handle newsletters in clubs. We'll probably make an announcement about it, if not I'll post in this thread again.
May 25, 2016 2:06 AM

Jul 2015
@Luna
Just for clarification, I'm assuming the whole thread counts as a post right? It's not like in this scenario each new comment counts as a new post. Cause we left multiple comments in the thread tagging only 10 users at a time.
May 25, 2016 2:08 AM

Jan 2009
@Luna

is that mean MAL will bring back the mass messaging system for clubs? can the new servers of MAL finally handle the huge load?
May 25, 2016 3:24 AM

Oct 2014
At least MAL should clearly state how many people we can tag in one post that each one gets notified. I don't care for the mass PM system that lagged the sv. At least if users get notified it's more than enough.

Also this thread needs the same answer: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1510316&show=0#
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

More topics from this board

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
23 minutes ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3371 by NotDerb »»
3 hours ago

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
6 hours ago

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Today, 6:05 AM

» Backup

Vapor_AU - Yesterday

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
Yesterday, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.