Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 15, 2016 8:44 PM

May 2016

Today this conversation happened at home ....

He said: (something along the lines of)... I've been researching and our climate is perfect for a Japanese garden. We should create a Japanese garden.

What I heard: I give you permission to make an Anime garden! Let's plant all the anime things!! We will plant Kaneki flowers here! Place Kodama statues in the tree over there!! & sakura, sakura everywhere!!!!!!

So after I took a time-out to cool down from the excitement I started to think about creating the ultimate anime garden and then I realised I need inspiration because right now all I can think of is cherry blossom trees & Tokyo Ghoul's white carnations and red spider lilies (Lycoris) so I need help!

I ask you, what would you plant (& from what anime) in your anime garden??? .... Pics welcomed.

nosebleederMay 15, 2016 8:49 PM

Now, Titania, shall we bet? If those two would get along.
Rather than that, it would be better to bet on how many are made.
魔法使いの嫁 set designed by SenpieX

May 15, 2016 8:54 PM

Jan 2008
Those boob flowers from the DxD ova.
May 15, 2016 9:02 PM

Sep 2012
oooh definitely put in some Rindou flowers. I love the colour blue

- Nothing Works unless you do -

May 15, 2016 9:03 PM

Nov 2011
Can I plant my personal seed in your garden :3
May 15, 2016 9:07 PM

Apr 2016
Fan of sakurasou ( aka japanese primrose) which is from the anime sakurasou no pet no kanajo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2016 9:23 PM

Jun 2015
None. Don't you people know that planting foreign crops introduce invasive species to your countries? There're even laws against them and stuff.

Yeah, you might like the plants for a while but some 15 years, you're gonna regret the death of the local plants and animals.

I know this is a hypothetical thread but I'd like to be realistic.
May 15, 2016 9:35 PM

May 2016
BeBackinaSec said:
None. Don't you people know that planting foreign crops introduce invasive species to your countries? There're even laws against them and stuff.

Yeah, you might like the plants for a while but some 15 years, you're gonna regret the death of the local plants and animals.

Oh no, I'm totally going for it, seeing how far I can go before my significant other catches on. So far, other than the boob plant (lol) I've managed to find most plants from local online garden nurseries, the spider lilies and cherry trees are out of season but they come in season (on sale) later in the year... can not stress enough how far I'm going to push this thing since I have a green light for "Japanese garden"... frankly he knows me and should have been more specific when he decided on the theme *snickers*

BTW remembered Blue Exorcist and your post about invasive plants made me think of:

... running wild.

EDIT: Found some 'baby romantica' roses (junjou romantica) so adding that to the list. I can't get Japanese primrose but in a few months time I can get normal primroses which look identical to the Japanese Primrose so that's looking good. Finding it hard to track down Rindou flowers but there is a tiny blue crocus flower which looks just like it so there is still hope.
nosebleederMay 15, 2016 9:52 PM

May 15, 2016 9:36 PM

Nov 2011
BeBackinaSec said:

And Spongebob just likes to be honest.
May 15, 2016 9:37 PM

Feb 2016
tentacle-like plant.
and bo-
Paul said:
Those boob flowers from the DxD ova.
i found my soulmate.
May 15, 2016 9:48 PM

Oct 2014
The Flower of Life from Nurse Angel Ririka.
I can't find a picture and can't be bothered to try to get a screencap of it.
May 16, 2016 12:04 AM

Jul 2015
The tree from the GIRL music video. The backgrounds were so beautiful.

May 16, 2016 12:10 AM

Dec 2015
C4NDYCE said:

That would be scary as fuck in real life.
May 16, 2016 12:15 AM

May 2016
Sorry OP, your dad was referring to a zen garden.

Some grass and maybe a hedge or two will be good enough. Wouldn't hurt to add a few hydrangea as well.

Oh, is this asking for fictional plants?
Jun 2, 2016 9:37 AM

Apr 2016
My garden will look like this one .
With a nice furniture and a place where I can take a sunbath. It will be my little paradise.
Jun 2, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2016
Waifu_Strangler said:

Oops, i made another hole in my ceiling...

Jun 2, 2016 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
Waifu_Strangler said:

Oops, i made another hole in my ceiling...
Stay away from my waifus

Jun 2, 2016 10:08 AM

Oct 2015
"Japanese Garden" ?
Japan ranges from 46° north down to 26° north, so that's a lot of very different climates and gardens.

Australia ? what climate exactly ?

cherry trees - they blossom for just a short time. Those typically shown in anime are old trees. Like OOOOOLD trees.
Also here they are vulnerable to this and that and that disease. Bearing fruit, they will also drop those fruit when you do not pick them all. It then is a mess, rotting on the ground, and attracts 1000s of wasps.
Besides I think pear trees look prettier overall, and also when they blossom. But pears grown in Australia might not be that delicious (too warm to ripen slowly).

Rapeseed - I would not plant them, as the area here has lots of them in fields anyways.
And their smell is fine as long as it's only a few, but having lots - or no wind, so the smell can accumulate - then actually they stink, the more the stronger. Might not be suitable for Australian climate in the first place.

Mandarine trees are very pretty to me in stature, leaves, blossoms, fruit. And is there any SoL anime spanning across seasons where they do not eat cooled mandarins ?

Xillya- said:
tentacle-like plant.

They already have that over there. :D
For Europe an invasive species, native for Australia : Tentacle mushroom
BannoBunka_snorkJun 2, 2016 10:23 AM
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Jun 2, 2016 10:11 AM

Feb 2016
Hydrangeas

Japanese maple

And maybe some snowy dwarf orchids

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

(✿◕ᴗ◕)人(◕ᴗ◕✿)

Jun 2, 2016 12:24 PM

Jun 2015
A Lum Berry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Pokemon
Jun 2, 2016 1:08 PM

Jun 2015
Well I know what I'm planting. Very kawaii.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2016 1:27 PM

Nov 2015
I would just plant words. Because then I would have a garden of words. Yup.
Jun 2, 2016 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
That tree from the last episode of Hyouka, that's for sure
Jun 2, 2016 1:37 PM
Jan 2013
Can I plant the garden itself?
Like chop everything down
and bury
feet
under
gone bai bai
Jun 2, 2016 3:11 PM

May 2009
I tend to stick to planting dirt in my garden. It grows the best where I live and doesn't require a lot any work. I never considered it before seeing this thread, but I think you could call it an anime garden if you wanted to. In fact, dirt is probably the most common plant seen in anime

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jun 2, 2016 3:16 PM

May 2014
A tentacle seed to prey on unknowing visitors to the garden c:
Jun 2, 2016 3:28 PM
Apr 2016
Build a shrine to Yato in the garden.
Jun 2, 2016 3:28 PM

Mar 2014
>Kaneki flower

OT: I wouldn't plant shit because I don't even want a garden
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 2, 2016 3:52 PM

Nov 2008
I'll just bring an Alarune or some sort of plant girl home.

Jun 2, 2016 4:32 PM

May 2016
Has anyone else ever forgotten posting a thread and then one morning you get a notification and BOOM there it is, a thread you forgotten you ever started, good thing I got the notification because I was thinking of creating a thread about this topic hehehe *shakes head* don't thread create while you have the flu folks, you forget stuff.

So first things first operation anime my garden is going really well, to be honest, I'm a little surprised no one has questioned me about my motives so far.

Umm to answer a few things all at once (because I'm lazy like this):

☆ No not just a zen garden, though we have a shady spot which we will most likely have a mini zen garden (I'm hoping with a spirit away statue in the center.)

☆ I've got just over a hectare of land, roughly divided like this: Click for mad-AF MSpaint drawing.

☆ I live in an alpine region of Australia, plum and cherry trees grow very well where I live as does bulb flowers, roses, hydrangeas, violets, buttercups, azaleas and camellias (including tea varieties) as well as other plants but I'm learning as I go here ( ◞・౪・)

☆ I would love to have a little Yato shrine, that's such a fun idea! I have to make sure I get a coin and leave it resting on it's little steps. Most might think it's a cute decoration but others will know

Obviously there are some anime plants which don't exist but I'm trying hard to see if I can plant something that kind-of-distantly-resembles it in some way, may it be shape or size or colour... for example I can plant Kentish Hero plant which is all puffy like the plant Cosmos wanted hehe.

Thanks so much everyone!! keep it up ʚ♡⃛ɞ(ू•ᴗ•ू❁)

Jun 2, 2016 4:52 PM

Mar 2014
Well, I have a lot to offer to you folks.
Some plants and flowers from Spirited Away

The flowers in the beginning of the first episode of AOT and a windmill

Lastly, Mami's...
Jun 2, 2016 5:05 PM

May 2016

Those spirited away plants are rhododendrons and they're on my list! (hahaha nice touch with the blood blossoms.)

Jun 2, 2016 5:51 PM
Jan 2016
Top opening of naruto shippuden too nostalgic !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afptESWcde8
Jun 2, 2016 5:54 PM

Mar 2016
C4NDYCE said:

This and only this from this!

Jun 2, 2016 11:48 PM

May 2016
Can anyone think of an anime or manga which has a scarecrow in it?

I was thinking of making a Turnip-Head (H.M.C) for the veggie patch but maybe there is something brighter/funnier out there?

Jun 3, 2016 12:06 AM

Feb 2015
My Yu-Gi-Oh plant deck to make the monsters on my cards come alive.
Jun 3, 2016 12:17 AM

Apr 2010
Pretty simple choice for this one. ~
Jun 3, 2016 1:33 PM

Oct 2015
nosebleeder said:
Can anyone think of an anime or manga which has a scarecrow in it?

I was thinking of making a Turnip-Head (H.M.C) for the veggie patch but maybe there is something brighter/funnier out there?

Look at your favourites.

About rhododendron and the likes - take care if you can easily provide good circumstances. I grew up in a moor area, so rhododendron, azalea, willow trees and all such moor-plants were easy to grow, but if you have to artificially create that acidic environment, it can become stressfull.
Particularly if you only have water that is alkaline / filled to the brim with lime.
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Jun 3, 2016 3:07 PM

Apr 2014
Nothing, because I'm awful at taking care of things, which will kill the anime that I'm growing.

More topics from this board

» What are some shows/movies that anime fans would like?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

13 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ?

ame - 5 hours ago

32 by DigiCat »»
5 minutes ago

» What do you think about fetishes in anime?

Anjuro - 9 minutes ago

0 by Anjuro »»
9 minutes ago

» Would your favorite non-anime characters survive in your favorite anime?

FanofAction - 12 hours ago

17 by Jackof-allspades »»
16 minutes ago

» i think most of us know anime is just a medium, but...

LenRea - 3 hours ago

10 by LenRea »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.