Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 26, 2016 6:17 AM

Oct 2015
I think this one is better than current disappointment like IBO (which overhyped as hell) and mediocre ones like Kuromukuro.

But why this Macross entry doesn't got much love here?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 26, 2016 6:25 AM
Apr 2016
Macross in a giant legal fuck-up here in west= Not much people know of it= people expect it to be a normal mecha anime= WTF-reaction when they dicovered it isnt.

Oh, also, I am too mature to watch moeshit magical girls singing
Apr 26, 2016 11:17 AM

Jun 2008
Aventine said:

Main reason right now^
Most have already judged the anime for just having an idol group. And the usual "this isn't the Macross that I knew" judgement.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 26, 2016 3:06 PM

May 2008
I had never watched anything Macross before this. Someone was reviewing it and said "there's evil in space and idols sing and it cures them just because" and I was hooked instantly.

I enjoy watching people's favorites. Recommend your favorite show to me, even if I have it dropped/on hold.
Apr 26, 2016 3:45 PM

Nov 2008
Aventine said:
Macross in a giant legal fuck-up here in west= Not much people know of it= people expect it to be a normal mecha anime= WTF-reaction when they dicovered it isnt.

You're never too mature to watch a moe anime. I do agree that Tyranny Gold screwed up the franchise for many people, fuck that company.

Apr 27, 2016 8:20 AM

Aug 2012
What? Why is it having an idol group be the reason people just drop it at first glance? Macross always has a different, currently relevant style for its music, that's how we got Macross 7 being kinda Grunge Rock.
Apr 27, 2016 8:25 AM

May 2012
I think it is better than Macross F, but no it is not underrated.

Macross F is insanely overrated. Can't believe that it is rate over 8
Apr 27, 2016 8:57 AM

Aug 2015
You might want to change your view when you go to Japan
Apr 27, 2016 9:09 AM
Apr 2016
NeoRevan said:
What? Why is it having an idol group be the reason people just drop it at first glance? Macross always has a different, currently relevant style for its music, that's how we got Macross 7 being kinda Grunge Rock.

plz, I dont watch moe-shit group. Only gritty dark anime coz my life isnt f'cking dark enough.
Apr 27, 2016 9:21 AM

Nov 2008
Mizunashii said:
You might want to change your view when you go to Japan

There's a lot more selection of grimdark manga than anime in Japan. Second idols aren't everything in Japan, the actual singers such as Namie Amuro are better than all of the large manufactured idol groups, also there's Enka which is actually decent and would listen to that over AKB48 at the Olympics.

Apr 27, 2016 9:25 AM

Mar 2013
Aventine said:
NeoRevan said:

plz, I dont watch moe-shit group. Only gritty dark anime coz my life isnt f'cking dark enough.

Post so edgy I cut myself just from reading it.
Apr 27, 2016 9:28 PM
Jan 2013
Dasuttebayo said:
I think this one is better than current disappointment like IBO (which overhyped as hell) and mediocre ones like Kuromukuro.

They way the first episode was released,one month ago and the gap between affected it.

Apr 29, 2016 12:24 AM
Feb 2015
Well the way I see it, it might be because it falls into the mecha genre and mostly everyone on Mal despises this genre plus the whole scene where the walkure are dancing while there's a battle going on turn the "Macross Fans" away. Honestly it's a stupid reason but regardless Macross Delta will definitely do well in Japan because the franchise is big over there so it's safe to say it'll get a second season or movie xD

Also to say Kuromukuro is mediocre is kinda dumb in its own way the anime is good. Combining action, historical and Mecha is perfect to me. I honestly have no compliant about the series I'm hoping it receives a second season
May 2, 2016 4:02 PM

May 2009
Aventine said:

So mature yet still watches chinese cartoons.
-Janet said:
Also to say Kuromukuro is mediocre is kinda dumb in its own way the anime is good. Combining action, historical and Mecha is perfect to me. I honestly have no compliant about the series I'm hoping it receives a second season

I disagree, Kurumukuro is super fun. Action is good despite cgi, characters animation is beautiful and comedy and characters interactions are great.
May 8, 2016 7:36 PM
Apr 2016
NeoRevan said:

Macross series was a WAR DRAMA with singing thrown in just to spice it up, now its just a moe singing symphogear clone.
NoobStomperMay 8, 2016 7:40 PM
May 9, 2016 1:24 AM

Feb 2012
NoobStomper said:
NeoRevan said:

Macross series was a WAR DRAMA with singing thrown in just to spice it up, now its just a moe singing symphogear clone.
You clearly haven't seen past the first episode. They're not even doing anything crazy anymore in the last battle. I like symphogear, and if anything it would be a nice change to have the singers have a more active role in the battlefield.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2016 1:45 AM
Apr 2016
kickmesign said:
NoobStomper said:

You clearly haven't seen past the first episode. They're not even doing anything crazy anymore in the last battle. I like symphogear, and if anything it would be a nice change to have the singers have a more active role in the battlefield.

I have watched a couple of episodes, its still doesn't change the fact that this series is not a war drama and is just about some teenagers wanting to sing.

No more are the epic galactic wars between races, the stake has been lowered a thousand miles just because POP IDOL CRAZEEEE in Japan (which screams cashgrab btw).
May 9, 2016 2:15 AM

Jul 2010
NoobStomper said:
I have watched a couple of episodes, its still doesn't change the fact that this series is not a war drama and is just about some teenagers wanting to sing.

No more are the epic galactic wars between races, the stake has been lowered a thousand miles just because POP IDOL CRAZEEEE in Japan (which screams cashgrab btw).

You need to keep watching.

Right now (as of Episode 6):

Windermere is taking over planets left and right. We just got a multiple simultaneous dogfight sequence in an asteroid field. Hayate was just forced to kill someone for the first time - resulting in a well-done scene between him and Mirage resulting in him visibly maturing quite a bit. We've gotten tidbits of political drama (apparently UN Spacy Central Command doesn't care about what's going on in the "outer reaches"), and we're getting some clues as to what's going on with the Windermereans. That mysterious crater, for example.

It's already more of a war drama than any Macross entry since the original. You just need to watch more than "a couple of" episodes for that to become clear.
MARISA-KAITENMay 9, 2016 2:32 AM
May 9, 2016 2:41 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah I agree, funnily enough despite it being so incredibly into the idol stuff, which I don't mind at all since it's pretty entertaining, the war drama in Delta is already more interesting than it was in Frontier. This anime is shaping up to be a pretty solid entry into the franchise imo
May 9, 2016 11:21 AM
Feb 2015
bastek66 said:
Aventine said:

So mature yet still watches chinese cartoons.
-Janet said:

I disagree, Kurumukuro is super fun. Action is good despite cgi, characters animation is beautiful and comedy and characters interactions are great.

My apologizes for not replying sooner Mal didn't notified me but I never said Kuromukuro wasn't fun if you read my comment carefully it says the anime is good in its own way. Heck I even rated the anime a 10 so far that's how much I'm enjoying it my friend. This, Nijiiro Days and Macross Delta are definitely favorites of the season
May 9, 2016 6:01 PM

Nov 2015
Hahaha no. This kind of shit can not be underrated it can only be overrated. I can not be bothered to pick which from the recent mecha anime mentioned is worse IBO or Delta suffice to say both are trash.
May 10, 2016 1:26 AM

Mar 2009
Aventine said:

I think the reason the west doesn't receive it well is that they aren't aware of a lot of the thought that went into how to reinvent the series so to speak and how to incorporate all of the original series into the next iteration. Every Macross series has incorporated elements of the series that came before. They even held a contest to select a new vocalist/voice actor for the show just as they did with Macross Frontier (when they selected Megumi Nakajima to play Ranka Lee)

So far, Macross Delta has incorporated the fold manipulation from Macross F, has characters that directly descended from protagonists of the previous series, the Valkyries use a modified version of the YF-30 from the Macross 30 video game (I've played it, it's fantastic, but Japan only). I also wouldn't be surprised if we see characters from Macross Frontier and the game or music as Macross Frontier found a way to incorporate music from the original.

I had a hard time with the whole idol thing but the way it was explained prior to the series even starting was that they use new technology and fold manipulation which makes sense as that's how the series was heading in Macross F and this is 8 years later.

The thing that this series is missing so far is the heart wrenching moments that were in Macross Frontier. I'm hoping that the space opera (even if its planetbound) makes an appearance at some point.
May 16, 2016 6:21 PM

Feb 2009
I have watched all Macross Series before, some I regret to have watched (macross 7 was #1 on the list of most stupid macross related ever)

But, this is a different anime, and I must say, I had high expectations out of it. All of which came down because of uninteresting main protagonist. I didn't mind the space idol idiocy. But... both of the protagonist seemed to lack something. The main hero lacks resolve or wanting something more than just "fly".

heroine seems the typical (from Frontier, ranka lee, which I despised for some reason) idol wannabe that somehow manages to get into the music thing.

overrated, maybe, still judged it after trying to watch ep 6. which almost put me to sleep as to how uninteresting it was.
The picture on my Avatar is actually a char I designed in a manga that me and a friend are working on. If you want the manga or want to help me in some way, tell me.

May 17, 2016 1:32 PM

Mar 2016
Dyne_Hikazisha said:
I have watched all Macross Series before, some I regret to have watched (macross 7 was #1 on the list of most stupid macross related ever)

But, this is a different anime, and I must say, I had high expectations out of it. All of which came down because of uninteresting main protagonist. I didn't mind the space idol idiocy. But... both of the protagonist seemed to lack something. The main hero lacks resolve or wanting something more than just "fly".

heroine seems the typical (from Frontier, ranka lee, which I despised for some reason) idol wannabe that somehow manages to get into the music thing.

overrated, maybe, still judged it after trying to watch ep 6. which almost put me to sleep as to how uninteresting it was.

I agree with your opinion as a long time Macross fan that've watched all canon Macross on DVD. May I hear from you why you considered M7 to be stupid?

Personally, I got sick of the idol trend in Japan. ( I think it's kinda stupid as well since it doesn't encourage singers to develop their own style. It rather tell them to stick to their role in the group in sing in that certain way.) So, the theme isn't doing much for me. As an electric guitar player and a rock-and-roll lover, I find myself to relate more to M7.

The main isn't doing much for me either. I find him kinda bland and childish.
May 21, 2016 11:23 AM
May 2015
Macross Delta is doing good at Japan, that's all you need to know. You should worry about Endride, Conrevo etc...

Also, CD ranking: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1511274
May 22, 2016 5:06 AM

Oct 2015
NobodyKnow said:
Macross Delta is doing good at Japan, that's all you need to know. You should worry about Endride, Conrevo etc...

Also, CD ranking: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1511274

I'm agree with you man, it sold more than IBO and A/Z on disc sales
May 23, 2016 12:01 AM

Feb 2009
YK97 said:
Dyne_Hikazisha said:

I agree with your opinion as a long time Macross fan that've watched all canon Macross on DVD. May I hear from you why you considered M7 to be stupid?

Personally, I got sick of the idol trend in Japan. ( I think it's kinda stupid as well since it doesn't encourage singers to develop their own style. It rather tell them to stick to their role in the group in sing in that certain way.) So, the theme isn't doing much for me. As an electric guitar player and a rock-and-roll lover, I find myself to relate more to M7.

Okay, the first thing that made me drop M7 was the protagonist. He started playing his guitar in the middle of a battle. My thought process was:

1.- Is he deranged? It's war out there. Why in the flying .... is he there?
2.- If enemies find him a distraction, SHOT HIM DOWN
3.- IF they can't because his ship has a good AI that won't let enemies to take him down... then.. SHARE THE FREAKING THING
4.- Seriously? a protagonist that would rather play his guitar than fight enemies? uh... once again, it's war there... he may even distract his own allies, not helping at all.

after that episode, I tried to watch more... couldn't stomach anymore of that.
The picture on my Avatar is actually a char I designed in a manga that me and a friend are working on. If you want the manga or want to help me in some way, tell me.

May 23, 2016 3:41 AM
Nov 2012
NoobStomper said:

Saying that Delta is about some teenagers wanting to sing is just as accurate as saying that Frontier is about a teenager wanting to sing. It's an element of the series yes, but not nearly a front and center as you'd think.

Watching only the first two episodes explains why you missed the rest of what Delta has to offer.

Episode 3: Training in earnest followed by the most nostalgia-inducing VF-1 dogfights in recent Macross history.
Episode 4: A concert-turned-battle where for one Walkure is on the back foot, and Windermere finally declares war on NUNS.
Episode 5: World-building and Exposition showing the various plot threads involved, including Windermerian history, the legacy of the Protoculture, and the effects of the declaration of war on Walkure. (Also includes a fanservice montage of Milia and Max during the First Space War).
Episode 6: Full on Macross space-battle with Walkure taking on a supporting singing role, in the same manner that Ranka and Sheryl do in Frontier.
Episode 7: Infiltration mission with more world-building, political intrigue, and solving the mystery of the Var Syndrome.
Episode 8: More revelation of Windermere's rationale for war, along with Frejya's growth as a Walkure singer, tied alongside the mandatory Macross dogfight.

Obviously the above has been summarized just to not spoil everything, but there's mere to Delta than just idol shenanigans.

As KKRais already pointed out, at this number of eps it's already more a war drama than Frontier was, despite the inclusion of idols, and in fact the idol concept has been used with surprising restraint in the proceeding episodes, putting them more in line with what could be expected of previous Macross series without being too derivative. While Frontier has had larger battles at this point (the battle to save the Galaxy's survivors), the actual feel of Delta definitely tends towards a slow build-up of the encroaching war and its effects outside of the battlefield, which I feel is much better executed.

Delta is definitely underrated among the larger anime community simply because the first episode preview in December really raised people's WTF factors towards the changes it brought about. However, 8 episodes in and it's clear that Delta is definitely a Macross title in both form and spirit, helped by all of the call backs to previous Macross titles, both in its plot elements (the Protoculture, Fold Energy etc.) and the fanservice mythology refs. For the Macross fans I've been talking to who have stuck around though, so far we've been having quite a blast with Delta, and consider it a definite contender in the Macross franchise.
SayuriUlianaMay 23, 2016 3:45 AM
May 23, 2016 5:17 AM
Apr 2016
F only had small skirimshes until like 7th episode, M7s plot was slowwww I think they are still in the investigation phase, they dont know anything about Protodevlin yet. I say Deltas is on the same pace as other shows. Slower than original of course
May 23, 2016 11:09 AM

Mar 2016
Dyne_Hikazisha said:
YK97 said:

Okay, the first thing that made me drop M7 was the protagonist. He started playing his guitar in the middle of a battle. My thought process was:

3.- IF they can't because his ship has a good AI that won't let enemies to take him down... then.. SHARE THE FREAKING THING
4.- Seriously? a protagonist that would rather play his guitar than fight enemies? uh... once again, it's war there... he may even distract his own allies, not helping at all.

Well, Basara flew out during the war to sing because he wanted to see for himself if he can rock his enemies out. (which did in the later episodes when his singing affected the protodevils.)

One of the things that people don't get why the bad guy can't shoot him down, it's because his flying skills are actually on par with Max Jenius which is the "ace" in the macross universe. There's no AI bullshit, just natural skills. (might as well be the protagonist is op.)

As a character, Basara is the down-to-earth pacisfist who refuse absolutely to use violence. You could say his songs are his way of fighting. (That do absolutely jack shit until the second half of the series with the song energy converter and sound booster.)People seem to see him as a jackass and maybe one of the weakest protagonist but you probably want to pay attention how his character develop during the series. It's very easy to miss but it's so golden.

The whole air of M7 is very different from what you use to nowadays. It is very casual, much like JoJo. You have to keep an open mind when you watch it. Then, you might find the silliness to be funny.
YK97May 23, 2016 11:13 AM
May 31, 2016 4:13 PM

Feb 2009
YK97 said:
Dyne_Hikazisha said:

Well, Basara flew out during the war to sing because he wanted to see for himself if he can rock his enemies out. (which did in the later episodes when his singing affected the protodevils.)

One of the things that people don't get why the bad guy can't shoot him down, it's because his flying skills are actually on par with Max Jenius which is the "ace" in the macross universe. There's no AI bullshit, just natural skills. (might as well be the protagonist is op.)

As a character, Basara is the down-to-earth pacisfist who refuse absolutely to use violence. You could say his songs are his way of fighting. (That do absolutely jack shit until the second half of the series with the song energy converter and sound booster.)People seem to see him as a jackass and maybe one of the weakest protagonist but you probably want to pay attention how his character develop during the series. It's very easy to miss but it's so golden.

The whole air of M7 is very different from what you use to nowadays. It is very casual, much like JoJo. You have to keep an open mind when you watch it. Then, you might find the silliness to be funny.

that's the thing. How on earth can he fly the jet while playing a guitar? uh? He NEEDS both hands ON THE GUITAR. And he does nothing until the upgrades... do nothing but distract the allies.

and... Who taught him how to fly? as far as I remember, he was hated by the military because he refused to join them. And Max, the genius of the first Macross teaching him? doubt it. So, nope. Teaching himself... yeah... no.

It was too "silly" for me to watch. I hated him from the start and decided not to watch anymore.

May 31, 2016 7:55 PM

Mar 2016
Dyne_Hikazisha said:
YK97 said:

that's the thing. How on earth can he fly the jet while playing a guitar? uh? He NEEDS both hands ON THE GUITAR. And he does nothing until the upgrades... do nothing but distract the allies.

and... Who taught him how to fly? as far as I remember, he was hated by the military because he refused to join them. And Max, the genius of the first Macross teaching him? doubt it. So, nope. Teaching himself... yeah... no.

It was too "silly" for me to watch. I hated him from the start and decided not to watch anymore.

Have you heard of "motion control"? XD

His ability to fly is like a plot hole but we can assume that Ray taught him how to fly since he was the one who gave Basara his fire Valkyrie. (You forgot that Ray was ex-ace war pilot.)
Jun 1, 2016 7:39 AM
Apr 2016
God man, why does anyone care about Basaras piloting skill, the show is not about that.

If you really want to go "hurr durr realism" have fun arguing about ftl, nuclear jet-bot and its usability and feasibility, unnecesarliy transforming ship, energy consumption, dimension shifting not affecting matter of three dimension space, airplane in space etc etc.
Jun 6, 2016 1:40 AM

Feb 2009
YK97 said:
Dyne_Hikazisha said:

Have you heard of "motion control"? XD

His ability to fly is like a plot hole but we can assume that Ray taught him how to fly since he was the one who gave Basara his fire Valkyrie. (You forgot that Ray was ex-ace war pilot.)

"motion Control" would make his flying pattern easy to predict. I still do not like him. And sincerely believe that the series would be 100% better without him.

Don't particularly care who trained him. The fact that he has to focus on the music AND flying while being shot by others or being told to gtfo of the place, isn't something I believe or see as feasible.

At this point, the arguing has gone beyond what this thread is supposed to be. An anime I dropped for similar reasons.

Not liking the protagonists. It may be on a personal level, but, if I don't like something, I see no reason to keep watching it.
Dyne_HikazishaJun 11, 2016 10:16 PM

Jun 12, 2016 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
...which is weird considering this fairly biased NewType article.

It seems fine in Japan, but I'm hoping once the series is fully aired it will get the attention it deserves.
Jun 20, 2016 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
We have a magic singer who can kill entire populations of planets from the other side of the galaxy. Lets "free" those planets by killing everyone with song!

Wut?

If it wasn't Macross, no one would be watching this mess.
Jun 21, 2016 9:20 AM

Oct 2009
Sokah said:
We have a magic singer who can kill entire populations of planets from the other side of the galaxy. Lets "free" those planets by killing everyone with song!

Wut?

That is simply not true. The magic singer does not kill anyone, nor does his song. Song is just a way to control the people. Although, Alfheim did was wiped out by the Var Syndrome
Jul 11, 2016 6:51 AM

Oct 2015
At least Macross Delta more popular in Japan than IBO and Aldnoah though
SaltyShoebillJul 11, 2016 8:45 AM
Jul 11, 2016 7:06 AM
Apr 2016
Sokah said:

Wut?

If it wasn't Macross, no one would be watching this mess.

Because y'know, Kawamori never used his work to talk about a specific themeabout some aspect in IRL, or in this case imperialism and Japan itself, given how Japan's situation right now.
Sep 25, 2016 4:53 AM
Sep 2015
Yup it underrate :p People have blind by "it a idol shit!" And forget to see how drama and fast-pace action it is.
Sep 25, 2016 5:00 AM
Sep 2015
@Dyne_Hikazisha you just said pilot a Mach speed space jet with guitar like a badass it a bullshit???
You clearly don't see Uso from Victory Gundam didn't you??? XD
Sep 25, 2016 12:50 PM

Jul 2007
Hizack123 said:
Yup it underrate :p People have blind by "it a idol shit!" And forget to see how drama and fast-pace action it is.

Idol's are not even the problem with the show.

The first half is decent and I would agree that it is underrated and it had some nice action.

The second 13 episodes are literally nonsense with nothing happening.

The show failed to establish a main character.
The show failed to establish a proper romance or a triangle
the show failed to develop any of it's characters
The show failed at delivering a proper non-rushed ending or having a proper pacing.

Its not underrated. It simply under-deliver.
Sep 25, 2016 3:37 PM

Mar 2016
Fai said:
Hizack123 said:

The first half is decent and I would agree that it is underrated and it had some nice action.

The show failed at delivering a proper non-rushed ending or having a proper pacing.

^^^I agree. I don't think they planned the second court as well as they did for the first court.
Sep 25, 2016 4:05 PM
Dec 2011
Now it's overrated.
Sep 26, 2016 8:07 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fai said:
Hizack123 said:

Agree with all this.

The Scooby Doo undercover episodes made me literally cringe.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 26, 2016 9:00 AM

Jul 2007
Farabeuf said:
Fai said:

Agree with all this.

Meanwhile stuff like:
- Who is Lady M?
- Why do Windies have natural fold receptors when it is a Vajra biotech?
- Why is protoculture superweapon dependent on Vajra tech when both races literally had zero communication or understanding?
- How does any of what just happened solve the racial tensions or NUNs government having shady evil scientist people everywhere? Delta team won the battle but that might not matter next day. How is it even an ending? Are NUNs just gonna abandon the idea of a galaxy wide mind control weapon that they clearly knew about?
- Who the hell are all those characters and what do they want?
- Who is Hayate as a person?
- Are Makina and Reina having hot lesbian sex every night?

Remain unanswered.
Sep 26, 2016 12:47 PM

Mar 2016
Fai said:
Farabeuf said:

Agree with all this.

Meanwhile stuff like:
- Who is Lady M?
- Why is protoculture superweapon dependent on Vajra tech when both races literally had zero communication or understanding?
- How does any of what just happened solve the racial tensions or NUNs government having shady evil scientist people everywhere? Delta team won the battle but that might not matter next day. How is it even an ending? Are NUNs just gonna abandon the idea of a galaxy wide mind control weapon that they clearly knew about?

Remain unanswered.

I don't even really care about Delta anymore. It's like beating a dead dog with a stick. Nothing come out of it other than disgusting acts.
Sep 26, 2016 3:55 PM

Oct 2015
Dasuttebayo said:

Because compared with other Macross entries this one is mediocre at most. Just a big boring commercial. The songs where catchy the grahics where good but the story was horrible.
Sep 26, 2016 6:56 PM
Aug 2016
YK97 said:
Fai said:

Meanwhile stuff like:
- Who is Lady M?

Remain unanswered.

I don't even really care about Delta anymore. It's like beating a dead dog with a stick. Nothing come out of it other than disgusting acts.

Good thing IMDB(6.3/10) and AniDB(4.3/10)are the main ratings when google searching macross delta. The ratings here are unreliable. I even gave the series a 10 even though i acknowledged a great amount of flaws. Meanwhile, certain shipers calls some critics as being tradition loyalists and shuts their eyes to the flaws. Again and again in their defence, I am one of those that didn't mind fre fre and haya haya ending. I gave the thing a bias 10 simply because i felt happy. But unfortunately I am not blind to the flaws and i need to acknowledge then.

I mean I get the need for a change but why so diehard to defend haya haya and fre fre status when the critics were clearly addressing the issues and not saying we must defend tradition cuz tradition? You guys/girls sound desperate even though the ending's been shown. Chill out ._.

Take me for example, I love macross delta over macross frontier Tv series. Yet there are things i really got some issues with
Example: the lack of awesome fights (episode 10 and 13 were the best)
Lack of romantic power(the out of battle moments seriously friendzoned feeling between fre fre and haya and mirage felt like an acquaintance rather than a friend). Shoji and sponsors are at fault for not mutually agreeing to what the romance should be.
Pacing...pacing... Villain was meh.
Mikumo appearing like the 3rd girl in first opening but nope, false alarm( sorry i dig her over mirage and freyja despite not minding the ending lolololol)
Pilot rivalry was completely unresolved to tie up the last episode fast.
Lady M which M from sdf?
Hayate's dad finding star singer cells and how did he pass it to lady M?
Another lol point, if hayate's dad found the star singer's cells shouldn't mikumo be linked to hayate in a way haha. Just for laughs.
Freyja hogs most of the love triangle screentime for a 100:1 win which is as good as an auto-win. Sadly shoji couldn't drop love triangle cuz he is at the mercy of his sponsors so he gave then a weak ass love triangle cuz it is still a love triangle which mainly reflects his wishes of dropping the love triangle.
alterzeroSep 27, 2016 12:17 AM
Sep 26, 2016 8:42 PM

Feb 2008
It might be underrated because it's the worst Macross TV show yet. Bland characters without any development, unexplored love triangle to the point of Mirage not even qualifying as a love interest, Scooby Doo plot (those meddling kids!) etc. It's not a terrible 2016 show, but it's a bad Macross show.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM

» Would this be appealing to someone who watched Macross Frontier only and loved it?

kUshPandA_ENJOi - Oct 9, 2017

7 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.