Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 18, 2016 9:08 AM
Nov 2015
Ruri-san said:
Just when we get to see Jellal get serious, the chapter ends... Well Lady Eileen is definitely Erza's mother as how Neihart mentions Erza's scarlet hair as if to compares it to someone & she is also probably one of Spriggan 12 since we only see 10 of them so far.

We already see Father vs Son (Silver vs Gray) so maybe a Mother vs Daughter battle next?

No, please no. Not another Erza BS fight.
Apr 18, 2016 9:08 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Ruri-san said:
Just when we get to see Jellal get serious, the chapter ends... Well Lady Eileen is definitely Erza's mother as how Neihart mentions Erza's scarlet hair as if to compares it to someone & she is also probably one of Spriggan 12 since we only see 10 of them so far.

We already see Father vs Son (Silver vs Gray) so maybe a Mother vs Daughter battle next?

Erza is in not state to fight again any time soon

Like that stopped her before from winning...
Apr 18, 2016 9:23 AM

Mar 2008
I think this makes sense. They were all taken from Erza's memories. Erza was remembering them as powerful foes, so naturally they gave her a hard way to go. But when she got pissed and remembered how she defeated them, and also made them remember how they were defeated by her, naturally that was reflected in them being defeated.
Apr 18, 2016 9:36 AM
Oct 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:
Isterio said:

Natsu wants to have a word with you!

He doesn't mind the fanservice though :p

My argument being that Natsu has about the same count of BS fights.
Erza´s Bs fights started with Tenru Island.

The whole issue in itself being that Mirajane her supposedly former rival was taken out legitimately the same way Erza was taken out legitimately, Azuma was too strong for both of them. Then she revived and won fueled on Nakama powerup to beat him.

Natsu delivered the same horseshit with Zancrow. I eat your flames although I cant and that makes me strong enough to beat you because of reasons.
Tower of heaven was the first instance she used her armorless form for the first time and in that situation it made sense because her enemie was all about speed.

In retrospect even that fight becomes horseshit given the knowledge that we have about her and her speedblitz armor. Overall the idea behind all this imo is that the armorless Erza came to be out of lazyness.
It beats anything so it´s easier to write, no tactics required (something the Anime filler managed to do with the Erza vs 100 monsters fight, by making her use water and fire armor depending on the enemies), it´s always the same outfit, so it doesn´t require creative design choises (just count how many armors we´ve seen) and it is easier to draw compared to some intricate armor design with lots of details.

However, Natsu started off as mediocore powerful member of FT getting power ups out of convenience instead of gradually growing. He get´s compared to Luffy alot because outside of character similarities, both guys never train. Yes they both had a timeskip in whcih they trained but their growth ouside of that has no sense or reason, except for the Deus ex machina constantly thrown at him that make him stronger. His fights are equally bad written and involve barely if ever any tactic or thought process.
Apr 18, 2016 9:37 AM

Dec 2015
Its because she's Erza :D!

In all honesty, I have mixed feelings on this chapter. I understand how the fight ended; it was her dispelling her ghost because she has gotten over her unfinished business between the spirits that were attacking her. On one hand, pretty clever Mashima, nice way to make a semi-asspull not so much of one. On the other I hand, the first thing that came to my head was "because its Erza!"

Sooo 3/5

Also I wonder if Eileen is Erza's mother. I mean after all Erza was abducted (or willingly given to?) and put into the R system tower to construct it for all knowing lord zeref.
Apr 18, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2010
Okay but, at the end of the day, the opponent here was Neinhart. All of these little Historia battles probably aren't going to amount to anything (and I'm assuming Jellal / Kagura are going to beat down Neinhart and dispel the illusion before any of the sub-battles end in victory). I would consider all these Historia illusions an extension of Neinhart, not their own battles.

Erza overcame aspects of Neinhart's magic, sure, but she didn't even get a chance to touch Neinhart. So, while Erza had a 'win', she didn't really win at all. Really, she lost.
Apr 18, 2016 10:16 AM

Dec 2015
Meh chapter, as badass as Erza was, really disappointed at what route that fight took. Those opponents really weren't the kind to cower in fear facing their enemy, even if they were illusions.
Looking forward to finally see Jellal in action and he looks mad. Hopefully his fight won't be disappointing.
And really interested in who this Lady Eileen is and her relationship with Erza...

Apr 18, 2016 11:07 AM
Nov 2015
Isterio said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

He doesn't mind the fanservice though :p

My argument being that Natsu has about the same count of BS fights.
Erza´s Bs fights started with Tenru Island.

The whole issue in itself being that Mirajane her supposedly former rival was taken out legitimately the same way Erza was taken out legitimately, Azuma was too strong for both of them. Then she revived and won fueled on Nakama powerup to beat him.

Natsu delivered the same horseshit with Zancrow. I eat your flames although I cant and that makes me strong enough to beat you because of reasons.
Tower of heaven was the first instance she used her armorless form for the first time and in that situation it made sense because her enemie was all about speed.

In retrospect even that fight becomes horseshit given the knowledge that we have about her and her speedblitz armor. Overall the idea behind all this imo is that the armorless Erza came to be out of lazyness.
It beats anything so it´s easier to write, no tactics required (something the Anime filler managed to do with the Erza vs 100 monsters fight, by making her use water and fire armor depending on the enemies), it´s always the same outfit, so it doesn´t require creative design choises (just count how many armors we´ve seen) and it is easier to draw compared to some intricate armor design with lots of details.

However, Natsu started off as mediocore powerful member of FT getting power ups out of convenience instead of gradually growing. He get´s compared to Luffy alot because outside of character similarities, both guys never train. Yes they both had a timeskip in whcih they trained but their growth ouside of that has no sense or reason, except for the Deus ex machina constantly thrown at him that make him stronger. His fights are equally bad written and involve barely if ever any tactic or thought process.

Well, but Natsu's fights contain less BS than Erza's and are far more enjoyable.

Sorry that I thought you were referring to the fanservice part :P
Apr 18, 2016 11:49 AM
Jul 2013
I've readied my tissues for the Ur vs Gray/Lyon fight. It's probably gonna end with a high emotional note, or so I'm expecting one. Don't let me down there, Hiro.

As for the Erza fight, it was somewhat disappointing that it ended so shortly. But at least this time we get to see Jellal and perhaps Kagura in action instead of her hogging up the glory. I seriously hope this Lady Eileen is worth the while tho. Srsly not surprised if it ended up in a flop with again that been there done that shit we've been seeing so much lately.

1/5 for the fight
3/5 for the suspense
Apr 18, 2016 11:58 AM
Apr 2016
xso111 said:
trump54 said:
So are the illusions conscious? I want Ur to thank gray for saving ultear. Also he should be able to hold his own against ur, considering he immune to ice magic. Keith seems to be aware of what he is, so I don't see why UR can't make some conversation and reveal some stuff

Finally Ezra has never had a power up before,
Magic h almost 500 chapter in is still so confusing . Her ability equip is one unique to her alone in the world. Why are some people born with rare magic and other have to learn it.

not really makarov has shown to be able to use reequip as well IIRC.... he used the spell to get his cloak

There are different levels of requip. Makarov, Hades, Ultear and Bisca can do basic requip. They can bring forth weapons (or a cloaks) from another dimension, but that's it. The items don't enhance their abilities or stats.

Erza's requip is on a more advanced level. Her weapons actually give her abilities and stats. Basic requip is not that uncommon. But advanced requip is. This was explained by Happy in the anime when Erza displayed her power for the first time.

The "Coordinator" in the Fairy Tail movie had a similar requip ability as Erza, though how canon the movie is, is debatable. Excluding the movie, then we have not seen another advanced requip user like Erza.

Though, at the GMG arc, Levy mentioned that no one has been able to wear the Nakagami armour for 10 years. This implies there may be other advanced requip users either present or past.
Apr 18, 2016 12:10 PM
Apr 2016
Chapter seemed like it was lacking any real content. They might as well left out the other fights they seem pointless excluding the Ur fight.

Totally saved Ezra's glare from being an asspull since it may be related to her mother or something. I had to reread the page because it was such an asspull initially.

Average Chapter 3/5
Check out my Anime, Manga, and Video Game Articles on my blog site: http://www.dzparks.com/

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/dzparks

Apr 18, 2016 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
New power up for Erza?

and Jerza moment please.
Apr 18, 2016 12:36 PM

May 2013
BassLevite said:
xso111 said:

not really makarov has shown to be able to use reequip as well IIRC.... he used the spell to get his cloak

There are different levels of requip. Makarov, Hades, Ultear and Bisca can do basic requip. They can bring forth weapons (or a cloaks) from another dimension, but that's it. The items don't enhance their abilities or stats.

Erza's requip is on a more advanced level. Her weapons actually give her abilities and stats. Basic requip is not that uncommon. But advanced requip is. This was explained by Happy in the anime when Erza displayed her power for the first time.

The "Coordinator" in the Fairy Tail movie had a similar requip ability as Erza, though how canon the movie is, is debatable. Excluding the movie, then we have not seen another advanced requip user like Erza.

Though, at the GMG arc, Levy mentioned that no one has been able to wear the Nakagami armour for 10 years. This implies there may be other advanced requip users either present or past.

Bisca's Requip Magic isn't "basic".
Erza can choose armors and swords in another dimension, Bisca has exactly the same magic but with magic guns.
Apr 18, 2016 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
Erza kickin' ass as usual! Wasn't expecting much anyway since they're just illusions. Guess Eileen is her mother or something.

It's been quite a while since I last saw angry Jellal. Hope he still has dem moves.
Apr 18, 2016 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
Mhmm, so Erza unleashed some hidden power which by the looks of it is an eye ability? Well so i guess considering everyone was shocked at her eyes changing, or well her eyes just change when she's uses whatever it is probably.

Back story on this Lady Eileen and how she's related to Erza should be interesting considering Erza is supposed to be from some small village and Neinhart is form Alvarez.

Oh well it's game over now, Jellal about to switch.
Apr 18, 2016 2:04 PM

Mar 2014
Erza is a hilariously bad character now. Is there anything she can't do? And now we have another "special bloodline" only this time it's out of nowhere and will try to damage control Erza's blatant use of bs.

Oh pre time skip Erza.. You were such a great and engaging character. Sick of Mashima trying to make Erza into something she should not be

I am however very wanting of a pissed off Jellal so hopefully Hiro doesn't troll him and show us why Jellal is WS level
Apr 18, 2016 2:42 PM
Jun 2014
I hope Erza have died in that battle. She does nothing but winning without reason since chap 350
Apr 18, 2016 3:21 PM

Jun 2012
I really don't know what people are expecting here. Everyone should know by now that this is FT's style and especially when it comes to someone like Erza or Natsu.

Just imagine for a sec however.... Fairy Tail + Senzu Beans...
Apr 18, 2016 5:22 PM
Aug 2015
I hollered when her confidence and determination alone defeated them. She literally looked in the face of death and said, "Bitch, please!" This is why I love Erza. She's taken her childhood and all that pain and moved forward to be an incredible fighter and leader. I wouldn't expect dead enemies to defeat her. That'd be stupid. It just shows how much the enemy constantly underestimates Fairy Tail. They don't cower when others do. The real star of this chapter was Gray though! I'm so proud of him!
Apr 18, 2016 5:24 PM
Aug 2015
Exactly. Quit the bitchin or stop reading. You either like the manga or you don't.
prism2525 said:
I really don't know what people are expecting here. Everyone should know by now that this is FT's style and especially when it comes to someone like Erza or Natsu.

Apr 18, 2016 5:40 PM

Mar 2014
TiffThom said:
Exactly. Quit the bitchin or stop reading. You either like the manga or you don't.
prism2525 said:

There's a difference in being a fan and a fanboy. Don't pull this bs "if you don't like it don't read it" mentality. This manga isn't exempt from criticism. If some people don't like the chapter or a part of it it's their right to express their opinion.

"You either like the manga or you don't". I can like a manga and still not like certain aspects of it.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ArdanazApr 20, 2016 3:01 PM
Apr 18, 2016 5:59 PM
Nov 2015
TiffThom said:
prism2525 said:

It is called criticism, not bitching and don't enforce your opinion on others -_-
Apr 18, 2016 6:10 PM
Sep 2015
Gray_Aria said:
I think this makes sense. They were all taken from Erza's memories. Erza was remembering them as powerful foes, so naturally they gave her a hard way to go. But when she got pissed and remembered how she defeated them, and also made them remember how they were defeated by her, naturally that was reflected in them being defeated.

yeah. Illusions are still illusions and those historia have weakness too, and that depends on the heart of the affected mage. They keep saying it is a BS fight. But for me, it made some sense
Apr 18, 2016 8:34 PM

Mar 2014
It's actually good that Erza is of lineage. But kek at how she won the fight.

Dat Jellal though, he's gonna neg diff the fuck out of Neidhart(?).
Apr 18, 2016 9:03 PM
Apr 2016
So awesome Erza Scarlet is amazing and powerful strongest female mage ever!!!
Apr 18, 2016 9:33 PM
Sep 2014
That "Because she's Erza" armor is OP.
Apr 19, 2016 3:31 AM

Apr 2008
prism2525 said:

Remind me when Natsu ever COMPLETELY defeated someone with a fucking GLARE. You can't can you? Erza's win this time and the fact that she didn't get blown thefuck away by the giant jupiter beam along with Ajeel are both PINNACLE level bullshit

You're telling me a beam that size wouldn't have caught Erza in it as well when Ajeel had her BY THE THROAT? Seriously?
Darklight0303Apr 19, 2016 3:45 AM
Apr 19, 2016 5:08 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I don't have any complains about how Erza defeated Ikaruga and the others, seeing how OP that Spriggan's magic is, since he could easily spawn already dead people unlike Edo Tensei.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 19, 2016 8:04 AM

Mar 2012
This fight is meh for me. No offense, I do like Erza since beginning but I start to lose my interest in many fights lately. Same for Natsu as well.
At least Lady Eileen is going to reveal and Jellal is really pissed.I hope it's more worth.
Do not worry, be happy ~
Apr 19, 2016 8:34 AM

Aug 2014
RayAdha said:
I don't have any complains about how Erza defeated Ikaruga and the others, seeing how OP that Spriggan's magic is, since he could easily spawn already dead people unlike Edo Tensei.

That's probably why Erza's unconscious right now. Jella and Kagura never met Azuma and Kyouka, so at best he could resummons Ikaruga or more likely just summon Brain/Zero.
Apr 19, 2016 11:30 AM

Sep 2013
AllenNoah said:
RayAdha said:

That's probably why Erza's unconscious right now. Jella and Kagura never met Azuma and Kyouka, so at best he could resummons Ikaruga or more likely just summon Brain/Zero.

who are both fodders to these people... unlike erza, jellals at full health, so zero's really nothing other than trash tbh
Apr 19, 2016 3:14 PM
Apr 2016
My, some are mean :(

This may be Childish but I used to like Fairy Tail for providing optimistic moral support in a quite fun anime/manga. And yeah I don't mind fan service if correcly used for comic relief.

I do like overpowered heroes cause you are confident in them. And I like Erza very much.
Now I'm scared she may die, as really badly injured. I really don't know how she could be healed even if very tough. Even her friend Kagura, who is also a warrior, says so. The thing that gives me a little hope is that possible family backgroud should not be developped without her. Erza had no power up or Background development since a lot of time and that's sad.

About here new power I think this is really classical stuff for warriors. Even in RPG, intimidating is used by fighter classes. And Erza would be a fighter/Paladine if transposed into RPG.

About the fight itself Erza was quite heroic I think, but did not use any requip to adapt herself. That's really too bad :(
I do hope this was not her last stand, I would be very sad as I do like Jerza very much.
Both have suffered and merit a family life at the end. Even if Erza stops fighting afterwards.

Please :)
Klivian69Apr 19, 2016 3:33 PM
Apr 19, 2016 4:36 PM

Apr 2014
Did Erza just used some Conqueror Haki tier hax power? She can intimidate them while in a kind of bondage position. Lol
tr1ckst3rApr 19, 2016 4:40 PM
Apr 19, 2016 4:41 PM
Apr 2016
Great Chapter, can't wait for next. Jellal looks so pissed, he's totally going to kick his sorry ass.
Apr 20, 2016 7:04 AM
Apr 2014
I got a feeling Erzza is a special royal someone/person...
GO Jellal!!!!!!!

...so does she have siblings??? That would be so cool...
Shin8888Apr 22, 2016 12:36 AM
The best way to escape reality without running, is smiling even though, it is obviously fake. ♥~Sai~♥ (Naruto Shippuden)♥
Apr 20, 2016 8:50 AM
Dec 2015
well, i find it a little unfair, erza always win the battle without showing much power. it only takes her will to defeat strong guys like asuma. as we know, mirajane couldn't even damge asuma that much even though she's in her demon form. to kyoka's fight, erza is almost dead while battling her. in short without much power she can still defeat by just having her will. ikaruga, asuma, kyoka and now the sand king. but can't wait to find out who is eileen and her relation to erza. first anna to lucy, then grammy to lucy, maybe it's time to look at erza's true identity
Apr 20, 2016 11:03 AM
Dec 2009
I honestly have no real complaints about the chapter, not even with how Erza won.

Why?

Because she beat them with a single look, and that is fucking badass. I really don't get the hate you guys are putting on it.

I feel that is probably one of the cooler moments of the manga so far, she's down and beaten to a pulp and she just stares at them and basically tells them "Fuck off losers." And they fucking poof away with looks of sheer terror.

5/5

Also can't wait to see Jellal curbstomp Neinhart.
Apr 20, 2016 11:08 AM

Apr 2008
MarsProject said:
I honestly have no real complaints about the chapter, not even with how Erza won.

Why?

Because she beat them with a single look, and that is fucking badass. I really don't get the hate you guys are putting on it.

I feel that is probably one of the cooler moments of the manga so far, she's down and beaten to a pulp and she just stares at them and basically tells them "Fuck off losers." And they fucking poof away with looks of sheer terror.

5/5

There's nothing cool about it >_>
Apr 20, 2016 11:20 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Of course, grabbing her boobs, I expected no less from Fairy Tail. And it's time for Jellal to get serious.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Apr 20, 2016 11:59 AM
Dec 2009
Darklight0303 said:
MarsProject said:

Why?

5/5

There's nothing cool about it >_>

That's your opinion, doesn't make it a fact. Though the same can be said for my own response to be fair.

You can show something to a thousand different people and get a thousand different answers, guess this is one of those situations.
Apr 20, 2016 4:52 PM
Apr 2011
Neinhart himself was a boring overpowered doofus. Makes sense that Erza was his match.

What's Erza's magical lineage now? She whims a win and she gets it? Relentless positivity? Or a battle orgasm in which if she waters up in a fight she wins the magical release eliminates all foes?
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Apr 20, 2016 5:40 PM

Mar 2015
Whats with this terrible writing, Mashima?
Lame -_-

2.6/5
Apr 21, 2016 4:24 AM
Apr 2016
Hi all,

I already asked this to mangahelpers but do you think Erza will survive her wounds and how?

The party healer is in trouble too
The guild healer is quite far away (I think)
Kagura is making an alarmed face looking at Erza. I do hope it's not because she realized she's going to die :'( :'(

I know some of you do not like Erza much but please can you give me hints about what you think about her close future?

Thanks...
Apr 21, 2016 4:42 AM
May 2009
Klivian69 said:
Hi all,

I already asked this to mangahelpers but do you think Erza will survive her wounds and how?

Kagura is making an alarmed face looking at Erza. I do hope it's not because she realized she's going to die :'( :'(

I know some of you do not like Erza much but please can you give me hints about what you think about her close future?

Thanks...
I don't think that she'll die. After all: Erza ---> Fairy Tail member ---> Mashima's favorite.
ありがとう♪
ここだけ アニメとマンガアップデート
Apr 21, 2016 4:50 AM

Jan 2012
Tooru said:
Klivian69 said:
Hi all,

Thanks...
I don't think that she'll die. After all: Erza ---> Fairy Tail member ---> Mashima's favorite.

Plus Mashima wouldn't tease this new character possibly related to Erza to just have them never meet.
Apr 21, 2016 5:58 AM

Apr 2008
animefan8800 said:
Tooru said:

Plus Mashima wouldn't tease this new character possibly related to Erza to just have them never meet.

Well given teh lack of a healer and the severity of her wounds she's out for the rest of this fight and thank fuck for that
Apr 21, 2016 6:22 AM

Mar 2014
Klivian69 said:
Hi all,

Thanks...

>People still thinking FT guild members might die in 2016.
Apr 21, 2016 6:27 AM
Nov 2015
Klivian69 said:
Hi all,

Thanks...

If she doesn't survive it will be good. Sadly thats not going to happen.
Apr 21, 2016 6:28 AM
Nov 2015
ziggy_Z said:
Klivian69 said:
Hi all,

Thanks...

>People still thinking FT guild members might die in 2016.

Lmao their plot armor can't even be destroyed by Goku.
Apr 21, 2016 6:59 AM
Apr 2016
Hi guys..

That's not really the kind of answer I was expecting... here you try to meta what Mashima has in mind and complain about his way of telling stories :( .. you may be right, but..
my goal was to figure out if you were thinking Erza would survive, cause I like her, and mostly how, but not Mashima's personal reasons to do so... or if you wish her to be dead :'(

I liked FT for being a positive and a little childish relief for myself and now it's getting harder to laugh :(
Thank you guys. Sorry for being such a stupid lamb :)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aoo-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.