Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 15, 2016 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
Such hebephilia much wow

At least the twin brothers were cute
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 15, 2016 3:11 PM

Oct 2011
That was pretty boring. The argument at the end of the episode was quite forced and made little logical sense. Only gonna give this 4 out of 10 gays so far.
Apr 15, 2016 3:56 PM
Dec 2013
For those who are confused on the technicalities.
Summer: Haru visited his birth mother in Canada. Found out about Ren and made the promise to live with Ren in the future.
Haru flies back to Japan. Birth father and step mom pick him up (His lawful guardians) On the way back from the airport, they get into a deadly accident, leaving Haru in critical condition whiles his guardians died. I believe the manga explains this part better, but basically Haru was put into a rehab center for youths not exactly an orphanage. Due to trauma he cannot remember summer vacation aka Ren.

Present: Haru is a host. His twin brothers are with their maternal grandparents who are technically not related to Haru. Not necessarily a spoiler but the manga has a line saying that since Haruko was taking care of Ren she couldn't suddenly move to Japan to take care of Haru. Also I assume she doesn't technically have custody over him but the lawyer is a friend of Haruko, so whether she has custody or not she's taking care of him from afar.

~~

For my review of the episode, I love this manga a lot considering it was one of the first shounen-ai/yaoi's I've read, but for some reason the flow feels like a weirdly paced visual novel. Which creeps me out yet I find adorable at the same time.
Apr 15, 2016 10:06 PM

Dec 2009
Ren is the best character in the show. He acts just like a loyal dog. I love his "-.-" various facial expressions. Really annoyed that Haru lost his memories of that summer he spent with Ren...so a cheap drama tactic honestly. 4/5 for the episode.
Apr 15, 2016 10:08 PM

Jan 2014
Ren is my favorite. All the memories from the manga are flooding back... I think I'll pick it up again just for him. He's like a little puppy and the bathroom scene broke my heart.
Apr 15, 2016 11:56 PM
Feb 2015
Episode 2 was definitely not the follow-up I expected.

If you had no prior knowledge of the series (which I didn't) episode 1 gave the impression that the series was going to be more light-hearted, and happy. Instead, this episode was quite dramatic, and definitely tugged our heart-stings.

Even so, I'm interested to see where the story goes. I've started reading the manga, and it's pretty good. I wouldn't say "great", but good.
Apr 16, 2016 12:01 AM

Apr 2015
PolisChan said:
Felt like it was from a completely different series. All these different tones (serious moments, yaoi hints, poor comedy) don't work well together.

I'm feeling this too.

Also, this is getting more and more uncomfortable to see. Haru and Ren in the same country-house-room makes me want to call the police.

MendoxeD said:
Also, why is it so cheesy,with flowers and glitter?
lovelymidnightApr 16, 2016 12:14 AM
Apr 16, 2016 6:25 AM

Dec 2012
A very good episode. Poor Ren, he was alone during several hours :/.
Again, there is nothing tendentious in this one, I hope the show will continue like that.
Apr 16, 2016 6:51 AM

Jan 2015
Better than the first episode

I didn't expect the time skip
Apr 16, 2016 11:10 AM

Sep 2012
Thinking about dropping this. I was bored out of my mind.

This episode consisted of characters standing around and explaining the plot to each other. And it still makes no damn sense.

So Haru got into a crash and his parents (who aren't his real parents but they adopted him even though he knows his real mom... but they actually didn't include him in their family and he has to live alone..?) died or something, and somehow that's Haru's fault. So his brother (who isn't his real brother..?) blames him for some reason, and like, shuns him? Except like, literally not at all because they show up to Haru's house and are about to bust his door down just to see him. So... Yeah whatever, I don't know.

And then Haru hides Ren from his brothers because... pointless drama I guess. And then they find out and are mad at Haru for no reason, even though he had no choice. And he's apparently rich but lives in a shitty apartment?

This is just... what the fuck is going on?
Apr 16, 2016 3:43 PM

Jan 2016
Red_Keys said:
Thinking about dropping this. I was bored out of my mind.

This episode consisted of characters standing around and explaining the plot to each other. And it still makes no damn sense.

So Haru got into a crash and his parents (who aren't his real parents but they adopted him even though he knows his real mom... but they actually didn't include him in their family and he has to live alone..?) died or something, and somehow that's Haru's fault. So his brother (who isn't his real brother..?) blames him for some reason, and like, shuns him? Except like, literally not at all because they show up to Haru's house and are about to bust his door down just to see him. So... Yeah whatever, I don't know.

And then Haru hides Ren from his brothers because... pointless drama I guess. And then they find out and are mad at Haru for no reason, even though he had no choice. And he's apparently rich but lives in a shitty apartment?

This is just... what the fuck is going on?

Haru and his parent got into crash(It's his real father and his step mother, his father remarried again after divorced from haruko/haru real mother who's in canada and live with ren, at nine/ten haru invited by his father to live with him in japan, and he found out that his father already remarried and have twin kid(it's aki and shima, so they half related blood with haru).
After that incident, he got coma, awake after 1 month, his brother kinda blame him(only aki)/and from his step mother family too, after that aki and shima lives with their grandparents(who doesnt want to take Haru in with them, cuz they doesnt want to take care haru who isnt related blood to them), so haru lives in social house(?,not sure of this) and got kicked out after 3 months, bcause he sleep with female employee there(he feels lonely, after his parent death and can't live with his twin bro, he seek attention for someone to care for him(I think the female employee see this as for opportunities to sleep with Haru).
So after that he work as host, and
Haru’s sole reason for entering this business is to help financially support his younger half-brothers, twins Aki and Shima, through paying for their high-school tuitions(so he is not rich, he still worked hard as host for 4 years only for his twin brother, to help financially them after their parent death). And for the reason his bro who kinda blame Haru at first, and after time skip actually goes to haru apartement like nothing(before they blame him,cuz they still childmind(?)kinda emotional that time maybe lol, but after they growout, and they know how Haru worked hard for them(they open up to him a little bit). I think both of them know it's not Haru fault. Actually Haru is the one who kinda avoided them now, when he close/there with someone he know, he feels they blamed him(Haru feels guilty bout that incident, still shock/I think when Aki blamed him adds up to that).
And unbeknownst to Haru, during that summer five years ago, the Kaidou’s (Haru’s father and stepmother) had secretly adopted Ren and added his name to their family register.So, Haru really shock/he doesn't even remember Ren and when Haru hides Ren from his brothers it's because their brother have upcoming exam(he doesnt want this prob to burden their mind). And for the twin bro antics, why they doesnt want to accept Ren and the way they react to Haru(in manga, later it's become clear what's their reason to do that)
Well thats just how I seen in this episode xD hope it's clear up a bit :)
Apr 16, 2016 11:00 PM

Dec 2010
Another great episode, good adaption. 5/5
Apr 17, 2016 3:08 AM
Jul 2018
the age difference is really too weird. I felt like I was watching something illegal the whole time. which is a shame because this anime seemed like something I would have enjoyed fully otherwise. In fact, if there wasn't any romantic love, but just brotherly love, this could be my new Honey Drop of the season
Apr 17, 2016 5:38 AM

Apr 2012
That bathroom scene was so adorable and sad at the same time. ^^ Perfect, I love this anime so far, the characters are hilatious. xD
Apr 17, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2009
I'm so happy with the adaption so far!
Especially the bathroom scene had a nice impact and was even more powerful than in the manga I would say.

I hope that newcomers that don't know the manga won't be too quick to judge because this anime is really no "boku no pico" nor is it incest or anything! Please keep watching and you'll see that Ren and Harus relationship is indeed complex and also beautiful not just in a romantic kinda way.

Apr 17, 2016 3:05 PM

Apr 2016
I'm so happy because the anime is exactly like the manga so far. First chapter=First Episode, Second chapter=Second Episodes. They didn't leave out anything. Very very good!

About the story in episode 2:
I think it's really interesting and cute! I love Ren so much!
Apr 18, 2016 12:05 AM

Nov 2015
So sad Haru doesn't remember what happened in first ep.
Ren though is very optimistic and realistic about this matter. He seems to be more grown up than Aki for that matter.
The comedy between Haru and Ren isn't lost after so many years. Hope all the brothers do get along after a time.
Apr 21, 2016 6:49 PM

Jun 2013
Very good episode, happy that there was a time skip so the ages aren't quite as disturbing anymore.
May 4, 2016 1:36 PM

May 2014
I love Aki's twin brother, he's cute.

I've always had a thing for megane guys.. lol

May 18, 2016 7:43 PM

Nov 2015
Nice episode, Haru and Ren live together now.

May 18, 2016 9:33 PM

Dec 2014
I think everyone will be a little less put of the differences of ages by now.....
Still there is still that brothers feeling between Ren & Haru
May 22, 2016 3:13 PM

Jun 2010
I agree that the episode 2 is way too different from the first one. The way Haru is talking now isn't good. I loved it how kind and happy he was in the first episode and now he's just yelling and complaining.
But I'm not gonna drop the show (I wonder how someone can, after 2 episodes).

Anyway, the episode was kinda boring. And Aki is annoying. I'm sure it's him who's blaming Haru for the death of their parents. And now his complaining to Ren that Haru is their brother...

And somehow I just don't understand this whole brother thing. How Aki and Shima are Haru's brothers? They had same father only?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2016 11:11 AM

Dec 2012
That lady at the club was really creepy, they did a good job at setting up an eerie atmosphere by zooming in on those dead eyes. I get the feeling she'll be trouble later. That scene with Ren curled up in the bathroom reminded me of when he was abandoned in the orphanage last episode. I sort of left this alone for the season but it's turning out to be better than I'd thought.
ZekkenshinJun 21, 2016 11:15 AM
Aug 7, 2016 3:52 PM

Dec 2013
Wow, plot twist! :o
Aug 11, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2009
I wanted to cry when he was left in the bathroom
Feb 15, 2017 10:20 AM

Dec 2015
Asakura-san is a scary woman, she's yandere material for sure!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 17, 2017 10:27 AM

Mar 2014
uuuh the age gap is still rubbing me up the wrong way, not only because Ren is 16 but also because he is very short and his features make him look like Haru's fucking kid. It would be easier to believe he is 12 than his real age. Anyway, it was an okay episode even though there's quite a bit forced drama in it.
Mar 18, 2021 12:25 PM
Mar 2021
Felt like I was watching something completely different but I'm not upset at it. The scene with Ren in the bathroom was really sad though
Feb 19, 2022 9:05 AM
Apr 2021
The age gap bothers me a little now that I know there are only a few years between them it calmed me down althought Ren is still looks too young for Haru.But I like how there isn't much sadness what every amnesia themed anime would have.And Holy Christ how hot Haru is šŸ˜His tone of voice ,his eyes,his hair...it's not fair to see for a heterosexual woman
Sep 12, 2023 3:02 AM
Sep 2023
Worth it!!! I did not expect this to be this good
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 6, 2016

236 by Anaoliver_ »»
Nov 24, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 8, 2016

58 by Angesubaru »»
Jun 16, 2023 8:09 AM

» How explicit is this?

GreyStoneFlinger - Dec 12, 2022

7 by NekoKyan- »»
Dec 16, 2022 7:52 PM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 3 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2016

40 by Yuwka »»
Nov 6, 2022 2:50 AM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 1, 2016

70 by Opor97 »»
Jul 18, 2021 7:15 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.