Forum Settings
Forums
Devils' Line
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 15, 2016 7:44 AM
Mar 2016
I really admire this series so far - full of internal (psychological) conflict as well as conflicting species. Always makes for a good read. It's fairly similar to the likes of Toukyou Kushu by Ishida-sensei, and Ajin by Gamon Sakurai.

For those also reading it, I have some questions for discussion.

1. Despite being unable to control their eyes when they get excited, can demons still control their desire for human blood even if it's right in front of them? Or is this only a trait of half-demons like Anzai?
2. Do we know what substance is used as the sedative?
3. Do you ship Anzai x Tsukassa? Or do you ship Anzai x Jill?

My answers:
1. I believe this is only a trait of half-demons.
2. It hasn't been revealed yet (as of chapter 6), but I think it must contain similar chemical makeup of human blood - ie. it probably has traces of the nutrients found in human blood that demons need, if not that then a mixture of human blood and something else.
3. Anzai x Tsukassa

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
shawnofthedeadzMar 20, 2016 12:51 AM
Mar 17, 2016 9:50 PM

Jun 2015
1. I haven't seen demons in this series, so far just half-demons, right? So, as long as there is suppresant/sedative, so they could control their desire (but physically seems like tired e.g Anzai)

2. Still waiting for explanation in next chapters.

3. Anzai x Tsukasa *high five*
Mar 18, 2016 12:27 AM
Mar 2016
Arekia said:
1. I haven't seen demons in this series, so far just half-demons, right? So, as long as there is suppresant/sedative, so they could control their desire (but physically seems like tired e.g Anzai)

2. Still waiting for explanation in next chapters.

3. Anzai x Tsukasa *high five*

1. We saw Tamaru Yuuko in chapter 2 who, despite being described as the gentle type, turned demon and stabbed her husband multiple times and consumed his blood, which was only after he accidentally cut his finger whilst preparing food and showed it to her as a joke. I believe she's a full-blooded demon.

2. I'm really curious as to what it might be.

3. *returns high five*
Mar 18, 2016 3:06 AM

Jun 2015
Ah, the terminology in chapter 1 is vampire. That's why I was confused. Well, from what I seen, even half-breed (Anzai) lose control when he saw Tsukasa's blood (chp 1). So, Whether pure demon or half blood would...could out of control when they see blood (Thanks that there is sedative as supressant).
Mar 18, 2016 6:00 AM
Mar 2016
Arekia said:
Ah, the terminology in chapter 1 is vampire. That's why I was confused. Well, from what I seen, even half-breed (Anzai) lose control when he saw Tsukasa's blood (chp 1). So, Whether pure demon or half blood would...could out of control when they see blood (Thanks that there is sedative as supressant).

Apologies about the confusion - the kanji is often translated into "vampire" even though the author writes "demon" (but they're basically vampires... Drinking blood and such...)

I was also wondering about that moment in chapter 1 outside Tsukasa's apartment.. I think that as Anzai falls in love with her over the next 5 chapters, he is able to control it more because his love for her is more important to him than his desire for blood.

There is a part in chapter 6 where Tsukasa is bleeding and Anzai's eyes and mouth change, along with his hands and whatnot - but instead of drinking her blood, he just says "I love you"
gemverMar 18, 2016 6:11 AM
Mar 18, 2016 6:23 AM

Jun 2015
Yep, yep. I was too excited and skip translator note (^ ^')>

Right!!! It squeeze my heart ahaha. It remind me too, He could resist when Tsukasa was attacked by her professor.

You know, lately I think Devil's line has "twilight feel". Of course better than twilight. Hope there won't be werewolf out of nowhere.

Anzai... he really trying hard and resist for drinking blood, isn't he?
Mar 18, 2016 6:33 AM
Mar 2016
Arekia said:
Yep, yep. I was too excited and skip translator note (^ ^')>

Right!!! It squeeze my heart ahaha. It remind me too, He could resist when Tsukasa was attacked by her professor.

You know, lately I think Devil's line has "twilight feel". Of course better than twilight. Hope there won't be werewolf out of nowhere.

Anzai... he really trying hard and resist for drinking blood, isn't he?

Haha I like the translator notes, I feel it establishes a connection between the translator and I ... Not that it's that important. It's more just making sure there are no misinterpretations and such.

I suppose so.. I'm not a fan of twilight. If a werewolf does pop up at some point, I want Anzai to fight it. A cool fight scene is just what we need to fall in love with Anzai even more (and more still if it were to be in order to protect Tsukassa!!)

He is trying so hard. It seems that he doesn't want to admit to himself that he's a monster.. He keeps seeing light and a potential peaceful life with Tsukassa which tells him he can't be that much of a monster. Yet, he's gonna drive himself insane if he doesn't get a few drops of blood.
May 7, 2018 11:38 PM

Jun 2013
I'm not quite quite sure why people mention twilight. The novels are not as good as some claim it is, but its not as bad as some clain it is. I agree the movies based on the novels were pretty bad thought, and I don't get the points on making movies on them in the first place ($$$ I'm guessing). Twilight is not the first fiction between a human and a vampire, far from it. Plenty of tv shows with vampires and humans getting some romance, two I forgot their names though. One where the vampire was blond and she had a serious illness, and the other was blond and was a cop, and the human he was romancing was the coroner making the autopsy.

buffy the vampire slayers (Buffy romancing Angel and Spike)

moonlight (Mick romancing Beth)

the vampire diaries (Stefan and Damon romancing the human Elena, and other vampires romancing humans throughout the seasons)

And there are plenty of movies about that and novels.

P.S. I'm not a buffy the vampire slayers's fan or a Joss Whedon's fan, he's definitively the most overestimated person. The only character in Buffy that makes the show enjoyable is Spike, not quite sure why the boring Angel got his own show, which I never watched.
Nothingness39May 7, 2018 11:50 PM
Apr 1, 2021 5:17 PM
Dec 2020
How many chapters have each book?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devils Line Chapter 24 Discussion

Surana - Mar 5, 2021

1 by FurySlasher »»
May 23, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Devil's Line Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

3 by surprisedspace »»
Oct 27, 2022 6:39 AM

» Am i the only one who's loving this manga to death?

Agehaa - Dec 29, 2017

13 by MrWorldWide15 »»
Jul 18, 2021 8:14 AM

Poll: » Devils Line Chapter 62 Discussion

photophobic - Mar 29, 2020

1 by ponpokorin »»
Jul 11, 2021 8:38 AM

Poll: » Devils Line Chapter 25 Discussion

Surana - Mar 5, 2021

0 by Surana »»
Mar 5, 2021 1:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.