Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 22, 2016 7:30 PM

Apr 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:
KingRequiem said:

+What's with comparing two entirely different works like HxH and FMAB ? It's like comparing Rurouni Kenshin and JJBA...

I hate when people do that.
Two completely different shows will have one thing in common and then random people will say they're the same thing or similar, even though they obviously are not.

Fma:B and HxH are both shounens, similarities end there.

Both shows have some semblance of earth under their feet
Both shows contain humanoid characters
Both shows contain a variant of magic
Both shows have an elderly badass.
Both shows have a main character with daddy issues.
Dis ih fuun =>
Mar 22, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 2015
Tylaen said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

I hate when people do that.
Two completely different shows will have one thing in common and then random people will say they're the same thing or similar, even though they obviously are not.

Fma:B and HxH are both shounens, similarities end there.

Both shows have some semblance of earth under their feet
Both shows contain humanoid characters
Both shows contain a variant of magic
Both shows have an elderly badass.
Both shows have a main character with daddy issues.
Dis ih fuun =>

I would understand if someone said hxh was similar to dbz, even though it's not really.

Even then, though both fma:b and hxh have those similarities they both handle them differently. I'll admit the whole "dad out of the picture" thing is a bit of a shounen cliche, I still see the overall series being different.

It's like when people say NGD and revolutionary girl utena are the same thing because they both use symbolism and have characters with issues.
Yes, there are similarities, but the essence and core of the shows are completely different.
Too often do I see people say "this show is just like this show". Similarities doesn't mean they are comparable.
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 22, 2016 7:41 PM

Feb 2015
KingRequiem said:

It's got a different tone and atmosphere to it too. I always saw both shows as completely different experiences even though they follow the same overall plot. Yeah, you should watch it imo.

I actually just started with the first episode and it does have a different tone to it which is kinda appealing. I'll give it a go.
Mar 22, 2016 7:41 PM
Oct 2012
The Chimera Ant Arc is really the only arc in the show that deserves such high rating.
Mar 22, 2016 8:28 PM

Aug 2014
Takuto_Shindou said:
The Chimera Ant Arc is really the only arc in the show that deserves such high rating.

No. I lowered the score because of the Chimera Ant arc.
Mar 22, 2016 9:31 PM

Jan 2011
Nikki_Z said:
Takuto_Shindou said:

No. I lowered the score because of the Chimera Ant arc.

the best arcs from HxH are Chimera ant and YorkShin, the other ones are very good.
In fact in these arcs, Togashi made an splendid work

pd: @Nikki_Z Chimera ant arc is the best arc for Killua development, what part don't you like?
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Mar 22, 2016 10:24 PM

Jan 2014
Takuto_Shindou said:

It's the most divisive arc. Yorknew is the one generally regarded as great by most.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 23, 2016 9:06 AM

Jul 2015
I see now. I just saw episode 135. That hit me really hard. Well done.
Mar 23, 2016 9:18 AM

Jan 2011
Highteeld said:

excellent
Tell us your thoughts about Chimera ant arc (especially episodes 85, 95, 111, 112, 116, 126, 131, 135)
Mar 23, 2016 5:58 PM

Jul 2015
cronosteso23 said:
Highteeld said:

excellent
Tell us your thoughts about Chimera ant arc (especially episodes 85, 95, 111, 112, 116, 126, 131, 135)

Hard to judge. It was a roller coaster ride between extreme boredom and extreme enjoyment for me. The narrator was overkill at times, so that took away from it for me a bit.

85 - 9/10
95 - 6/10
108 - 9.5/10 Not included in your list but the part where Meruem saved Komugi was great

111 - 8/10 - would have been better if there was no narration
112 - 9/10
116 - 9.5/10 Gon was super intense this episode, loved that part
126 - 8.5/10
131 - 9/10
135 -10+/10 for obvious reasons.
Rose_BombMar 23, 2016 6:01 PM
Mar 23, 2016 6:54 PM

Jan 2014
Haha, debate between Chimera Arc and non-Chimera Arc always interesting. As a veteran HxH fans, I always found it in every discussion. From my experience, there are 3 type of HxH fans :
1. Like overall HxH as an equal
2. Like non-Chimera Arc but dislike Chimera Arc
3. Like Chimera Arc more than non-Chimera Arc (I'm this type)

Let me tell you, Chimera Arc is whole different than other HxH arc because :
1. Very long arc (60 from 148 episodes)
2. Have different type of storytelling (narrator)
3. Slow paced compare to the others
4. Character focused rather than story focused
5. Have strong individual episodes (85, 116, 131, 135) rather than the sequence group of episodes

So, it's okay if people dislike Chimera Arc because every people have different taste, as long as they wouldn't bash each other. But usually people who dislike Chimera Arc didn't enjoy HxH as much as the people who like it.
Mar 23, 2016 10:13 PM

Feb 2015
I liked the show overall but thought the nen was kinda stupid and would have loved to see a full show without it. They kinda went out of control with it a few times which made it silly and a bit too childish for my taste.
Mar 24, 2016 9:18 AM

Apr 2012
i loved all arcs :'<

The Exam Arc was a bit too long but i liked the first exam and everything from the tower exam to the final exam. Zoldyck Arc was just there to introduce them for Killuas past etc. Heavens Arena Arc was pretty cool, had some character development and Yorknew was awesome. It was focused on Kurapica to give him a bit of depth. Greed Island was ok. Only the part around this "Bomber" was boring and it felt rushed.. Bit more Greed Island, less shity Bomber. CA was awesome but too long with plotholes.. tbh even when the Ants are fucking strong, they managed to master Nen in what? Some Days? Ok they eated the brains of Nen Users to "assimilate" it, but it was a bit weired. But it had some awesome fights.
NiQue_Mar 24, 2016 9:23 AM
Mar 24, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
HiatusXHiatus said:
Haha, debate between Chimera Arc and non-Chimera Arc always interesting. As a veteran HxH fans, I always found it in every discussion. From my experience, there are 3 type of HxH fans :
1. Like overall HxH as an equal
2. Like non-Chimera Arc but dislike Chimera Arc
3. Like Chimera Arc more than non-Chimera Arc (I'm this type)

Let me tell you, Chimera Arc is whole different than other HxH arc because :
1. Very long arc (60 from 148 episodes)
2. Have different type of storytelling (narrator)
3. Slow paced compare to the others
4. Character focused rather than story focused
5. Have strong individual episodes (85, 116, 131, 135) rather than the sequence group of episodes

So, it's okay if people dislike Chimera Arc because every people have different taste, as long as they wouldn't bash each other. But usually people who dislike Chimera Arc didn't enjoy HxH as much as the people who like it.

Thats true

I don't like the fallacies, But it's funny when some people dislike HxH but they have some worst shonen (OP, Naruto) with a 10.

Even some FMABFANS made the same mistake:
1. they don't understand the whole concept of nen
2. they defend the Equivalent Exchange from FMA: but it's ruined since alphonse's soul = 1 Arm; also they dislike Vows & Limitations
cronosteso23Mar 27, 2016 9:36 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.