Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2016 2:48 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty weird. I think a very deep analysis may be done and it contains dark humour, I will try my best at explaining what I found profound so bear with me.

We start with an elephant holding a trumpet with his nose and playing it and it's master with a kind of rod in his hand.

Then suddenly the master/trainer dies due to the elephant poop!!

So logical deduction is the mini scene portrays the torture of animals done by humans. For entertainment purposes human has been enforcing his own rights on animals [case in point - circuses, where animals are trained to do tricks but served as tools and inanimate beings] I couldn't make sense of the background though.

My current brain cannot understand next scene at all.
The next mini scene seems to be a bath house where a single man is doing his own business. Then out of nowhere the water drains and some cabaret girls burst in the frame.

The man escapes by sneezing continuously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moving on, the next scene a man with a pail is waiting for it to get filled while water is slowly trickling from above a building.

Now if you're aware of the absurdity this series is providing - it doesn't come as a shock that a man is pissing from above the building. As the man waiting for the bucket to fill looks up, his jaws drop only to find another man pissing in his bucket.

Now what to make of this clip? I am betting on either water scarcity or lack of sanitation in some countries.
But it doesn't end here!!
The next moment some chemical reaction (god help the chemistry) occurs in the bucket and it explodes and the head of the man is sent flying off.

Maybe, it suggests how terrorist faction are learning innovative ways to disrupt peace but utilizing common stuff to cause havoc.

Next, we have a pregnant mother and his husband. Now I am pretty sure that is not how babies are born but let's set that aside and take a minute to think how the bgm of guns is used as the baby is born. It signifies that the child is born in a century plagued with wars. Then we have another social issue shown that neither of the parents want to raise the child!

As the lines go, "Is it the fault of the crying child or the man who betrayed her" - social issues are brought up. As the infant goes hither tither once to his mom and once to his dad none accepts him and we are cut to the next scene :(

This is one probably one of my favourite one as it shows deception and blame game. We witness a plane crash. No one knows what/ who caused it.

Look at the flag thing here.

Quickly a man comes in and paints the Japanese flag over it.

I have no idea what the original flag meant (alluding to america?) but the change of a flag is a stark observation on how men behind the scenes tug strings to change the complete scenario

next we see a warship firing and a shell and then submerging itself, karma some say.

Following that we witness on workers being used too much/ human carelessness where the driver an old train falls asleep behind the wheel resulting to an accident.

Here comes the twist! The driver is safe and sound and still asleep. This is an allegory to how people flee after a scene and are indifferent towards it.

A gold scene -

Here we see an extremist leader calling his faction to terminate a certain person but as soon as they shoot him, his clothes vanish. Probably a satire on certain groups. As the shot man says, "I do not know why but I cry"

Finally a happy scene but fear not it's going to get weird soon! (Yuri Koji pls)
Beeeeeeeeeeeeer paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaartyyyyyyyyyyy

ps - "nama" means "raw"

ABORT PARTY, I repeat, ABORT PARTY

So if we are going to look into this deeply, I think it's safe to say it's about adulteration of food stuff. One thing I noticed where the images of real person in the background and how her lips and eye were off and used as furniture ._.
Can't really pinpoint logic behind this. (assumption - Too polite/considerate for their own good, if there is a seat sit on it! A fault in hyper modern society.)

Hustle,Hustle - Muscle, muscle (yes, Osomatsu-san reference)

A prick and whoosh, he deflates. So basically the macho man is representation of what people are striving towards now and how hollow their efforts are. We see the man trying to court a lady with his biceps but all the virtues of the macho are but a sham. One prick (a real life problem) and he deflates and fails.It ends with a scathing tone, "Such a fool must die!"

And yes, the eye in the background just moved. The "eye" is probably the arbiter of real virtues in the man!

We are back to war again! Lets see the bgm shouts "tatakou" (Let's fight") and we are flashed with lots of images of soldiers with some shitty sprite action asthe flash in front of our eyes. Also we see two bombings most likely referencing to the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
This image struck a chord though -

My analysis is the before the fist bomb hit there were tons of people, 2nd one wiped the remaining one but one. Now slowly a police van comes (subtle irony to how rescue teams are always late) and tries to remove the man from the devastated are but as they try to 'uproot' him they find he has been affected as well to the harmful effects of radiation and genetic mutation has occurred to him thus he is beyond saving and must be die there. :(

Maybe the imagination of the creator wen't berserk here -

I just hope the creator is not of the mindset, tit for tat, and thus wars will never cease. Maybe it's appealing to a certain demographic who wanted to retaliate against the bombing but were unable to do hence, "Only god knows my heart" Although I have to say this is one strong opinion although unfeasible yet spine chilling to say.

FINALLY, we come to an end of this mind writhing episode. We see gun fight between two lads and as they face each other and one dies and the winner drinks wine after to only find holes in himself, kek!
Now what do I think of it? Maybe a satire on how some forms of media can be and surely gun fights do not happen in front of each other as shown in many cowboy series.
Groggily the man burps and drown his liquor.

brb, I need some to get this series off my brain.
IizyMar 12, 2016 2:55 AM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apr 10, 2016 2:10 PM

Sep 2010
if terry guilliam from monthy python ever created an anime, this is what it would look like

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Dec 2, 2016 3:05 PM

May 2012
This was actually completely hilarious! Laughed quite hard with the scene of the fighter jet that crashed!

But lol this sure reminded me of Monty Python :p
Jul 14, 2017 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
Idk wtf I just watched but I like it, sounds like the music that plays in a local sushi restaurant actually.
Jan 6, 2018 5:01 PM

Aug 2016
I need to stop watching stuff like this..
Feb 3, 2019 12:41 PM

Mar 2017
Well, this was absurdist alright. I didn't find it particularly funny, but it wasn't offensive either. The best thing I can say about this is, at least it was short. But I am glad anime like these exist.
Feb 8, 2019 8:29 PM

Oct 2015
bizarre music, wacky visuals and animation. But it was worth it.

6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 2, 2019 5:47 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty much highly masked social/political critics. He did what he could with the material he had available. People today think it's "wtf, weird, bizarre", i just think it's legitimate art and liberty of speech.

I liked it, and unlike the title suggests, it's mainly the Japanese history (local world) instead of the global world.
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
Nov 23, 2020 5:27 AM
Jul 2020
4.29!???
What the heck? Were people high when they rated this masterpiece?
Feb 18, 2022 8:52 AM

Feb 2012
I was also reminded of Monty Python. It's hard to say how good this was because I guess a lot of the political meanings were simply lost on me.
May 4, 2023 1:32 AM
Mar 2023

New upload, this channel has a bunch of this stuff.
Mar 26, 7:10 PM
Mar 2019
Elephant bombs, no way!!

More topics from this board

» Where to Watch

magapersonx - May 4, 2023

0 by magapersonx »»
May 4, 2023 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.