Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2010 10:57 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nazuna should be grateful to Inuyasha for saving her life despite her hate to demons :D The surprising thing is Inuyasha becoming human when the new moon in up :D
Jul 11, 2011 12:53 AM

May 2010
Inuyasha with black hair is so cool. ^^
Feb 6, 2012 8:31 PM
Jan 2012
Inuyasha becoming Human when the moom is up was surprising, however he is half demon, so he would have to have some type of weakness after all correct?
Feb 22, 2012 1:04 AM

Jun 2011
Kagome's heart ius pounding fast! <3
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 19, 2012 4:02 PM

Jun 2009
Another solid episode. Inuyasha becoming human for a period of time makes quite a bit of sense actually, as Gameprocjk said there would have to be some sort of weakness given his heritage. Got to admit he looks pretty cool with the black hair.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 22, 2012 5:21 AM

Jul 2012
Natsu12345 said:
Kagome's heart ius pounding fast! <3

It's giving me sweet vibes! <3
Jan 8, 2013 11:53 AM
Nov 2012
test
Jan 8, 2013 12:43 PM

Aug 2012
The bad about Inuyasha is the fillers, make it even confusing; but once you finish those ~167eps or so you will really enjoy the Last Arc, it got a high pace without fillers and better art, is awesome.
Apr 20, 2014 7:25 AM
Mar 2013
Awesome episode. It's great that they've keep adding new dynamics to the story such as Inuyasha's human form.

I have to wonder why that spider lord took so long to attack Inuyasha while he was down. He had like the entire night but he just waited until morning like a moron.
Aug 4, 2014 7:57 PM

May 2013
Amazing episode, filler or not this was a very great and enjoyable episode. I'm loving that we're seeing more InuYasha & Kagome moments this was one of the best episodes yet. Black haired InuYasha was interesting to see, it was nice to see more of InuYasha's human side. It was definitely an interesting concept. The best part about the episode was when InuYasha turned back to half-demon and started destroying the spider thing lol. Another enjoyable episode!

Dec 17, 2014 10:16 PM
Nov 2014
This episode is killing me oh my gosh, his sick scene oh jeez. It was so cute. I'm starting to really love all the monsters in this series, they all seem original and complex. It's nice to have something original for a change!
Jul 21, 2015 6:26 PM

Aug 2013
It look like poison have the effect of curing the tsundere in InuYasha.
The romance was pretty cute, even though he probably don't remember it himself.

I honestly love the creepy morphing youkai designs. That elastic neck was totally disgusting x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 23, 2015 5:46 AM

Jun 2012
You've got to love the cute and vulerable human InuYasha <3
Sep 12, 2015 3:39 PM
Sep 2015
That moment when Inuyasha's hair looks better than Kagome's and he's FABULOUS!
They could be SISTERS.
anime10v3Sep 12, 2015 3:42 PM
Jan 6, 2016 4:51 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
madziak said:
Inuyasha with black hair is so cool. ^^

he is lovely <3 *-*

Apr 29, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2015
You smell nice, i guess from Inuyasha that's a nice thing haha
May 4, 2016 11:28 AM
Apr 2016
It is also to applied that he never really hated Kikyou....well the hint for that wasn't really obvious.
Jun 1, 2016 5:53 PM

May 2013
Awhh, I love how slowly he starts to care more about Kagome and vice versa :')

Kikyo is more elegant than Kagome is though.
Oct 18, 2016 12:03 AM

Jul 2013
More cute InuKag moments <3
Jan 11, 2017 10:09 PM

Dec 2016
I don't see how you could call this filler. Two significant plot developments: the shards collected so far have been fused, and we learn that Inuyasha becomes human on the new moon. Unlike the last couple of episodes, if you were to have skipped this, you might be a little confused later.
Mar 29, 2018 12:15 PM
Mar 2018
This was a good episode. The premise was engaging, and there was some good action and humor. However the Inuyasha/Kagome scene near the end was a bit too sappy. Otherwise not much to complain about.
May 21, 2019 8:25 PM
Apr 2016
Kagoooooome don't go on a date with that guyyy!! Hopefully she doesn't... Well, Inuyasha's and Kagome's relationship improved by a lot this episode, it was adorable. Good episode.
Aug 7, 2019 6:37 AM

Jul 2015
To have such a weakness in a world full of demons, his childhood must have been rough

Sep 18, 2019 3:40 AM
Feb 2019
ok... inuyasha as a human can like... get it... also that progression between the two!! so cute

also: i wish he would still be a good swordsmen as a human sum, and not so vulnerable.. like to turn into a human and suddenly be unable to do much, sucks. :/
Dec 4, 2019 1:12 PM

Apr 2018
this is my favorite episode! The chemistry between those two ahhh... and the soundtrack was amazing!
Mar 29, 2020 4:08 PM
Jul 2009
pokecenter said:
The bad about Inuyasha is the fillers, make it even confusing; but once you finish those ~167eps or so you will really enjoy the Last Arc, it got a high pace without fillers and better art, is awesome.

Really? It doesn't have an arc or something? Just stand alone episodes or mini arcs of 3-4 episodes? All the way to the 167?
Apr 2, 2020 11:12 PM

Jun 2019
ruffymaru said:
Really? It doesn't have an arc or something? Just stand alone episodes or mini arcs of 3-4 episodes? All the way to the 167?

"Standalone episodes" isn't really an accurate description since the show is heavily serialized as it's all one continuous, overarching storyline. It's just that a lot of episodes just focus on character development and smaller character moments and take breaks often from just advancing the central conflict at a fast pace. This is personally one of the aspects I love most about Inuyasha, that it's one of the series out there which doesn't seem like it's just in a race to the finish line, but a lot of people seem to hate that about it since this slower pace is a frequently mentioned criticism.
Apr 5, 2020 3:53 AM
Jul 2009
WatchTillTandava said:
ruffymaru said:

"Standalone episodes" isn't really an accurate description since the show is heavily serialized as it's all one continuous, overarching storyline. It's just that a lot of episodes just focus on character development and smaller character moments and take breaks often from just advancing the central conflict at a fast pace. This is personally one of the aspects I love most about Inuyasha, that it's one of the series out there which doesn't seem like it's just in a race to the finish line, but a lot of people seem to hate that about it since this slower pace is a frequently mentioned criticism.

Interesting considerations. Maybe I expressed myself in wrong words cause english is not my mother language. In fact I consider the pace very good. Things happen so fast, sometimes too fast. My point was: I don't visualize the whole picture gaining form because the episodes tells stories that don't progress the main story.
Apr 5, 2020 6:41 PM

Jun 2019
ruffymaru said:
Interesting considerations. Maybe I expressed myself in wrong words cause english is not my mother language. In fact I consider the pace very good. Things happen so fast, sometimes too fast. My point was: I don't visualize the whole picture gaining form because the episodes tells stories that don't progress the main story.

I suppose it is a matter which is heavily subjective and open to interpretation since it depends on what you consider the main story. I consider the main story to be the characters' progression and their whole journey together, so every episode feels like a cohesive part of a broader whole to me. If you only consider the central conflict with a primary antagonist as integral to the story, then yes, a lot of the smaller scale and character development episodes won't interest you, but I'm personally glad it's a long series which branches out more. It's perfect to my taste, but like with any single other series, of course it won't be to everybody's for various reasons.
Apr 9, 2020 5:06 AM
Jul 2009
WatchTillTandava said:
ruffymaru said:

I suppose it is a matter which is heavily subjective and open to interpretation since it depends on what you consider the main story. I consider the main story to be the characters' progression and their whole journey together, so every episode feels like a cohesive part of a broader whole to me. If you only consider the central conflict with a primary antagonist as integral to the story, then yes, a lot of the smaller scale and character development episodes won't interest you, but I'm personally glad it's a long series which branches out more. It's perfect to my taste, but like with any single other series, of course it won't be to everybody's for various reasons.

I didn't identify that character development in some "stand alone" episodes. However, I reached episode 21 and I'm starting to see some action and story progression. I also love Rumiko Takahashi's design. She is creative. I'm going on with this series
Jun 29, 2020 1:24 AM

Jul 2009
Another Spider Boss fight :)

Also, glad to see Inuyasha in his human form. He does have a black hair after all.

It's always the old people who guard the temples that end up being the monster itself.

Also, Inuyasha actually showing his good side to Kagome :O

Can't wait for more!
Aug 25, 2020 11:21 AM

Dec 2007
episode with demon that don't have sherds of the jewel but making great development in inuyasha&kagome.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KuniiDec 10, 2020 7:25 PM
Aug 16, 2021 8:22 AM

Apr 2013
Ah right... I forgot about so many details, like Inuyasha turning human on some nights. I do remember next episode though.
Nov 1, 2021 11:08 AM
Apr 2018
INUYASHA x KAGOME moments near the end were highlight of this episode.
Aug 1, 2022 12:30 AM

Jan 2018
So, Inuyasha's human hair colour is black? He looks fabulous. I think I saw black-haired Inuyasha somewhere a long time ago and probably thought it was Ranma or a fanart. Close enough.

Is Kagome serious about Hojo? It seems he's going to be appearing more frequently in modern-day episodes but probably won't do much.

I wouldn't consider this episode or the last 2 episodes fillers at all. When people mention fillers what comes to mind are Naruto fillers. Episodes that have no basis in the manga and do nothing but halt the progress of the overarching narrative. These fillers even have contradicting plots or regressing characters often. Neither of which applies to Inuyasha (so far). Inuyasha's plot is also more laid-back. Like someone already said, it's in no rush to finish the main narrative, whereas in Naruto the placement of fillers often kills the pacing and momentum of the story.
Heck, the original run of Inuyasha anime stopped in 2004 while the manga kept going until 2008. If Sunrise wanted to make fillers to keep up with the manga they easily could've done that or could go the FMA 2003 route by creating an original ending. Instead, they waited till 2008 to make a final season covering the manga ending which is very admirable.
Dec 16, 2022 8:49 AM
Dec 2016
OwO this is already a surprisingly fast paced show but this episode was like a whole average shonen arc's worth

on this note though i'm nervous to see how the pace will shape up for 200 episodes, idk if any option is ideal to follow up after this early stretch
Mar 4, 4:53 AM

Feb 2019
Myoga's cowardice will never get old as a joke lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 11:07 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

29 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 14 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 9:44 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

21 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 29, 2009

30 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.