Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2016 1:53 PM

Jan 2015
Jakerams said:
I really just care about the motive of the murders.

Tbh the motive and backstory was really well done imo.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 25, 2016 1:57 PM
Jun 2011
KonoYume said:
eworm said:
Didn't see an anime episode stopping here... But it is a pretty good pause-moment.
Even though it's not going to go the way most viewers probably assume it will...

Aren't you worried about how the adaptation is going on right now?
I think it's slightly too slow paced for a 12 episodes adaptation. Unless they expand the episodes count which is unlikely...
if they will expand the episodes how much they need to expand to fit the rest of the manga?
Feb 25, 2016 1:58 PM
Jan 2016
Conan Edogawa Sachiko Fujinuma = Based Mom

Seems like the VA for adult Satoru got a lot of criticism for last week's episode, because his performance in this episode was better than usual.
Feb 25, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2012
Nice to have a more relaxing episode. And no matter how used I am to it I can never get off them cliffhangers man, gah.. Looking forward to next weeks episode, I think shit may hit the fan from this point on.
Feb 25, 2016 2:04 PM

Nov 2015
Well, that was an entertaining episode. I'm happy there was a lot of Kayo in this episode, all those scenes and the breakfast scene, was heartwarming.
Feb 25, 2016 2:05 PM

Feb 2016
I've always liked Satoru's mum in this series, but damn if this episode didn't make her mother of the year.
Doing nothing of importance.

Anime | Manga
Feb 25, 2016 2:05 PM

Dec 2015
elior1 said:
KonoYume said:

Aren't you worried about how the adaptation is going on right now?
I think it's slightly too slow paced for a 12 episodes adaptation. Unless they expand the episodes count which is unlikely...
if they will expand the episodes how much they need to expand to fit the rest of the manga?

Well at least 15 minimum (which is going to be really tight) if they want to go slow paced. Or up to 18 episodes would be ideal. That's unlikely though...
Feb 25, 2016 2:10 PM

Jul 2015
Tevens said:

The rating is rising again. from 9.12 to 9.13 and it's still 8 episode, so 4 episode left.
i can't wait to see what will happen to the rating.

How about being worried about the anime ending first? XD
Feb 25, 2016 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
Oh my god. I'm so happy that he didn't found her, so happy to all of them smiling.
So the guy who kidnapped and killed those girls, is hiding his stuff in that school bus, Satoru face when he saw what was inside of his bag.
My heart almost stopped when he got inside of that bus and dropped the bag, i was like "no pls no pls no" ahaha
Satoru's mother is the best, the way she treats him and Hinazuki.
That moment when Hinazuki started crying when she saw real food, and not some garbage that her mother gave her, cried...what a sad & happy moment.
I really hope this will get a good ending xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 25, 2016 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
Such a wonderful episode!
I wonder how the anime will end and who is the killer.
Feb 25, 2016 2:15 PM

Sep 2015
I love this episode. It has a lot of feelings and when Kayo cried, it was the best part of the episode. I'm resisting to read the manga, I hope hold out until the anime ends
dylelouchFeb 25, 2016 2:19 PM
Feb 25, 2016 2:16 PM

Aug 2015
Man this anime just keeps delivering, what a great and beautiful episode. Though I'm a bit concerned about the adaptation since there's only 4 episodes left.
Feb 25, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2010
I cried when Kayo cried at breakfast ;_; damn cliffhanger!
Feb 25, 2016 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
Such a beautiful episode. For an instant I thought the mysteriou man was not the killer but it seems I was wrong. She was indeed very close to him. How scary! Kayo started crying because never in a million years her mother would prepare such a nice meal to her and care so much for her. She showed her in only a few hours how a mother should be...it was both a sad and happy moment. They are now confronting her in the next episode...they can get into a lot of trouble because her mother might call the police and say that Kayo was kidnapped. I guess that will be unimportant if they ask her though (Kayo)...it seems we are so close to a happy ending but there are still 4 more episodes and a lot of things can change.
Feb 25, 2016 2:25 PM

Apr 2014
That food looks great.
But good episode as always. o/
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Feb 25, 2016 2:28 PM

Sep 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Still a little worried about the rest of the manga being fit into 4 episode. 3½/8 volumes done. 4½ left to go.

Hmm, and isn't there any possibility of a second season? According to where we are in the story now, that'd explain a lot..
Feb 25, 2016 2:30 PM

Sep 2015
to be honest i am scared to watch this episode i don't want watch kayo diead again

but after watch this episode i am relieved by tear scene sato and kayo
Into the Internet!
Feb 25, 2016 2:38 PM

May 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Sigh I knew this was going to turn into one of those weepy crying anime. These sorts of cliche "feels" things just don't do it for me unfortunately. And the killer who has been super obvious since pretty much the start is now even more obvious for me. I don't know this show is still alright but it's just so much more cliche and typical to me now than ever. Why does every Japanese drama seem to have to come down to emotionally manipulating the viewer with touchy feely stuff revolving around cute girls, their suffering and catharsis in the long run and how often are shows going to keep playing this card for easy critical acclaim by fans in this medium?

And like I totally get it, nice breakfast by good anime mother, used to being treated like shit by the textbook bad anime mother, cute anime girl gets her break sort of finally, but why is this supposed to especially make me cry and lose my shit when it's again just kind of cliche? Probably a 3.5/5 episode regardless just because it finally manages to demonstrate that the show can function without need of cliffhanger every episode though it has to fall back on other typical anime standby's instead.

"I don't like something and it doesn't affect me emotionally, therefor it is cliche"

Nice mindset.

Feb 25, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2013
This show is good but I don't get how it got to #6 ranking already. Child abuse stories are not that original and it's definitely nowhere near as good as S;G in terms of the time travel aspects.

It deserves top 30 maybe, but really how is it coming close to top 5 that's just insane!
Feb 25, 2016 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
rasenshiruken973 said:
This show is good but I don't get how it got to #6 ranking already. Child abuse stories are not that original and it's definitely nowhere near as good as S;G in terms of the time travel aspects.

It deserves top 30 maybe, but really how is it coming close to top 5 that's just insane!

You clearly haven't understood what the actual focus of this show is.
Feb 25, 2016 2:58 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

One of the victims saying "have courage" like Yuki does, oh crap!

Such a heartwarming scenes with Kayo. And what a great mother Satoru have.
Apr 2015
Tokoya said:
As I wipe the tears off of my face after that breakfast scene, this episode was truly beautiful

And I'm very happy to see that Kayo was okay....And I was even happier to see her cunt mother getting caught in the action too

Sachiko you the real mvp though

My thoughts exactly
Dec 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
KonoYume said:

They didn't even finish volume 4 at this point of the series. Yea they are going to rush the whole thing.
RIP ERASED, your deserved adaptation went down in the drain. ;(

It's not like it matters since it's already achieved the highest standard which a modern anime can attest to, making people cry and get "healed". That's what it all comes down to at the end of the day now and what will probably get it tons of awards and critical acclaim now. Fucking imagine if an anime managed to make somebody cry over a male characters situation or something for a change though. Now that'd be a real breath of fresh air and it's not like this show didn't have the opportunity before. Honestly I felt more for Satoru's mother getting offed in the early episode and how that tweaked something in him then I have for this whole Kayo's evil mom arc.

MadRoosterr said:
Not sure why Satarou has completely forgot about the main reason he went back in time, to save his mother, and is now completely focused on kayo lol

Because it plays better with audiences and is easy material to handle for getting those feels out of them. Also Yuuki Aoi.

I seriously can't stress enough how this was the one thing I had hoped this show wouldn't fall back on in order for me to keep viewing it on mostly positive terms and of course this being A-1 who always seems to fuck up anything with even remote promise for me that's exactly what this show does and then some. It's still their most palatable show for me since pretty much the last time this director did something for noitaminA in Silver Spoon but frankly it's not even as interesting as that shows second season anymore and could have been so much more if it frankly hadn't decided to play it safe and easy with the material and character it chose to emphasize.

Is the manga focused more around Satarou's mother then?
Feb 25, 2016 3:05 PM

Apr 2015
No cliffhanger, huh? xD
I hope everyone is as excited about the series as they were in the beginning. I am at least. I'm worried about manga chapters/anime episodes left ratio though.

Satoru made me remember the footprint...
KorNkFeb 25, 2016 3:15 PM
Feb 25, 2016 3:08 PM
Dec 2009
Noo! As soon as I saw the shoes I knew it wasn't Satoru's mom like I was hoping it was. What an intense opening, I was afraid we were going to loose Kayo for a second there.

This was an interesting episode though, as we see both Satoru's mom and the teacher getting heavily involved in finding (/saving) Kayo. It was so sweet to see Satoru's mom treating Kayo like she was her own daughter. And what a delicious looking breakfast!

At the end I was hoping child consultation services or the police would be with Kayo. But it looks like it was just Satoru and his mom. What are they going to do/say to Kayo's mom? They need the police.

And Satoru needs to do more than just get Kayo to safety. He should report to his mom and the police that there is a suspicious man visiting and storing things in that abandoned bus.

KorNk said:
No cliffhanger, huh? xD

I kind of thought it was still a cliffhanger. What are they going to do to Kayo's mom? Do they think she is going to apologize or turn herself in? Suddenly realize "I've been a bad mom, I'm so sorry!!". Not likely, they can't send Kayo back to her. So why did they go to visit in the first place? They should have gone straight to the police or child services!
Feb 25, 2016 3:12 PM

Oct 2014
what the hell was so great about this episode?
it just made the obvious killer even more obvious(because he kept insisting of not calling the police), showed that the killer was a retard for finding the place kayo was hidden(out of nowhere) and not kill her and that satoru was also a retard for taking this long to think of the third person that the killer murdered in the first timeline and not doing anything to protect her
also satoru getting constantely horny around kayo was creepy this episode
gabrielrroizFeb 25, 2016 3:21 PM
Feb 25, 2016 3:13 PM

Dec 2015
MadRoosterr said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

It's not like it matters since it's already achieved the highest standard which a modern anime can attest to, making people cry and get "healed". That's what it all comes down to at the end of the day now and what will probably get it tons of awards and critical acclaim now. Fucking imagine if an anime managed to make somebody cry over a male characters situation or something for a change though. Now that'd be a real breath of fresh air and it's not like this show didn't have the opportunity before. Honestly I felt more for Satoru's mother getting offed in the early episode and how that tweaked something in him then I have for this whole Kayo's evil mom arc.

Because it plays better with audiences and is easy material to handle for getting those feels out of them. Also Yuuki Aoi.

I seriously can't stress enough how this was the one thing I had hoped this show wouldn't fall back on in order for me to keep viewing it on mostly positive terms and of course this being A-1 who always seems to fuck up anything with even remote promise for me that's exactly what this show does and then some. It's still their most palatable show for me since pretty much the last time this director did something for noitaminA in Silver Spoon but frankly it's not even as interesting as that shows second season anymore and could have been so much more if it frankly hadn't decided to play it safe and easy with the material and character it chose to emphasize.

Is the manga focused more around Satarou's mother then?

Not really since she's not in danger, well at least probably not directly. And Sachiko's death was just the end of the chain event.
Feb 25, 2016 3:13 PM

Nov 2011
If Kayo and Satoru don't end up together, I'll be sick. SICK DAMMIT! THESE TWO ARE JUST TOO ADORABLE!

Major credit to the voice actors, they capture each character perfectly. That breakfast seen was just heart wrenching.

But that bedroom scene...had me rolling lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 25, 2016 3:14 PM

Dec 2014
that breakfast scene though
Feb 25, 2016 3:23 PM

Aug 2014
Thanks to A-1 Pictures, has been presenting this spectacle. The pressure in each episode continues and is always up. When Kayo back to his house, it would be nicer if it was not just Satoru and his mother appeared, but the teacher and those of the protection of children should also be there. But I wondered who was called by the teacher.
Feb 25, 2016 3:25 PM

Mar 2010
Kayo looking at food made me almost cry.

That ending. WHY. WHY. WHY. I think it was very stupid move to go behind the door.
Feb 25, 2016 3:31 PM

Sep 2010
This show aims for both Best mother of the year and worst mother of the year rewards.

Still, I wonder? The anime was supposed to have it's own ending right? Is it already happening because, somehow recent episodes are somewhat well not bad but meh. Also the killer is obvious, even if only because we don't have any other characters and it would be too random to suddenly have an unknown character become the killer. (how many male characters do we have in this timeline again?)
Feb 25, 2016 3:32 PM

Oct 2012
Are we actually sure that it is not a split cour, or that it will have a second season? I really don't see the anime starting to be super fast paced just to have the same ending as the manga.
Feb 25, 2016 3:35 PM
Feb 2016
Awesome (Possibly best so far) Episode!! ^_^
Loved Sachiko's intuition. Right on spot.
Seeing Kayo cry at the wonderful breakfast prepared for her was soo touching. ;-;
Feb 25, 2016 3:35 PM

Mar 2014
Momma Fujinuma is best grill

Still, it's a bit irritating that they keep dragging on with the reveal of the culprit. It's pretty obvious who the murderer is

Or maybe they're doing it on purpose and we're supposed to wonder "why" instead of "who"
Comic_SansFeb 25, 2016 3:38 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 25, 2016 3:40 PM

Oct 2015
Most beautiful episode so far.
I couldn't help myself from shedding a tear or two when Kayo felt so safe and happy.

Feb 25, 2016 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
GOD, kayo and satorou are so good together HHHNNNG.
Feb 25, 2016 3:42 PM

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:

Still, it's a bit irritating that they keep dragging on with the reveal of the culprit. It's pretty obvious who the murderer is

Or maybe they're doing it on purpose and we're supposed to wonder "why" instead of "who"

there is no way to wonder why based on what they showed of the killer
Feb 25, 2016 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Comic_Sans said:

What, is he a pedophile?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 25, 2016 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
More like Satoraragi.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 25, 2016 3:47 PM

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:
gabrielrroiz said:

What, is he a pedophile?

i meant we do not know absolutely nothing about the guy
Feb 25, 2016 3:47 PM

Oct 2007
Oudissy said:
Are we actually sure that it is not a split cour, or that it will have a second season? I really don't see the anime starting to be super fast paced just to have the same ending as the manga.

You don't know A-1 and the sorts of things that matter to their producers and those things that don't really.

Sury said:
rasenshiruken973 said:

Thats what its been emphasizing so its no wonder people see it that way. Again unfortunately just typical of anime drama nowadays and why I look elsewhere more and more since other mefiums understand theres more than one way to get people invested in a dramatic story arc/thriller than just cliffhangers and save the sad girl storylinrs
PeacingOutFeb 25, 2016 3:51 PM
Feb 25, 2016 3:52 PM

Oct 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Oudissy said:

You don't know A-1 and the sorts of things that matter to their producers and those things that don't really.

Sury said:

Thats what its been emphasizing so its no wonder people see it that way

The thing that materred the least in the episodes in the past timeline was the mistery of finding who the killer was
The anime really focused most of the time in kayo emotional problems
Feb 25, 2016 3:55 PM

Mar 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Comic_Sans said:
What, is he a pedophile?

i meant we do not know absolutely nothing about the guy
Well, it is
after all so I guess it has to do with certain, öhm... sexual perversions
Nico- said:
Feb 25, 2016 3:56 PM

Jul 2012
hazZ_x64 said:
That teacher... "No, I have a feeling Kayo is safe. In fact, I know she is."
That is sooo fishy. Maybe, though, he is just an accomplice. Who did he call? The actual murderer? Did he obtain the intel that way?
Or he knew because Satoru's mum contacted him beforehand as she had a clue what was going on.

The question is why did Satoru's mum call him and how did she know, almost exactly, what Satoru has been doing. I reckon it's because the teacher knows what he's been doing and has been contacting Satoru's mum and convincing her that he's trying to help.

edit: Also I got emotional during the breakfast scene at the end. That scene was beautiful
Feb 25, 2016 4:03 PM

Nov 2014
Kougeru said:
I joked in episode 2 that
and every episode makes it more and more obvious. That phone call was a huge mistake. Big mistake. I think the production of this anime is 9/10 but the cliche on who the killer is lowers it to an 8/10 for me. If I'm actually wrong (which seems increasingly unlikely), I'll put it back up to 9 though.

Well i dont care who the killer is as long as the story is good. I like ERASED bcuz of the story, not bcuz the killer is (for example) satoru, oh so unexpected! This surprised me so it's a 10/10! No, that's not how I judge animes.

Put it this way, if theres a huge twist in the end and the killer is revealed to be satoru himself, but the story afterwards is crap and all the buildup starts crumbling down, would you still give it a 9/10 simply bcuz the identity of the killer is unexpected? Or if the killer is (for example) the teacher and its so obvious that so many ppl guessed it and is disappointed, but afterwards the story gets even better. would u still lower the score simply bcuz the killer is obvious, despite how the plot after that was enhanced by the reveal??
Feb 25, 2016 4:07 PM

Mar 2015
Satoru's mom is bomb.
I legitimately cried at the breakfast scene. Kayo deserves so much better <3

Feb 25, 2016 4:12 PM

Jul 2010
I'm officially want to mary Satoru's mum! *___*
This. Was. So. Heartwarming.
Feb 25, 2016 4:16 PM
May 2009
Ultimate215 said:
GOD, kayo and satorou are so good together HHHNNNG.

Ikr. I know what you mean.
Feb 25, 2016 4:18 PM
Jan 2016
Ok so this episode for sure gave away the killer. They brought up the fact the second victim was also a student at the school. Not to mention, the night after someone broke into the bus and left all that gear the Teacher <---- says he knows for a fact that she is safe. Now how could he know that without having been the person that went in there? Who also has access to both children? The Teacher. The perfect cover up, calling child protective services, acting like your helping. Its clearly the teacher right? I mean we haven't even been introduced to ANY other possibilities since returning to the past again. If this is a 12 episode anime we are running out of time to throw more people into the mix. It has to be the teacher.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.