Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 1, 2016 1:28 AM

Jan 2014
I just noticed when I see HxH manga page this is the second most recommendation so I decided to read this. When I read the first chapter, the plot are unique and the art are good, it's look like western cartoon.

But the problem is the main character, actually I dislike weak main character (at the beginning) totally the opposite of Saitama.

So what's your opinion about this? without any spoiler. Of course I want to continue this since I like shonen battle manga, just wanna know people opinion.
HiatusXHiatusFeb 2, 2016 8:21 AM
Feb 1, 2016 11:27 AM

Jun 2014
Totally boring after halfway to read it,in my personal opinion
Feb 1, 2016 1:30 PM

Oct 2013
My opinion is probably irrelevant since I've only read like 4 chapters before dropping it, but I will say its a rather boring series from what I've read. I'm also not a big fan of those generic characters.

Definitely going to give this series a fair chance when the anime airs, maybe my opinion will change after watching a good anount of episodes.
keragammingFeb 1, 2016 1:34 PM
Feb 1, 2016 1:52 PM

Mar 2014
I read it

black clover > boku

I will try the anime though
Eat Me
Feb 1, 2016 3:27 PM

Jan 2014
Gikiseima said:
keragamming said:
I will say its a rather boring series from what I've read.

I think I know why you said this is boring, it has too much content on the beginning, the theory about Quirk suddently, not to mention the dialogue of each panel are too much. I'm going to push trough, maybe in some chapter we found the enjoyment.
Feb 1, 2016 3:57 PM
Jan 2016
Clamor said:
I read it

black clover > boku

I will try the anime though

BC>Boku? No....Just....NO

HiatusXHiatus said:
Gikiseima said:
keragamming said:
I will say its a rather boring series from what I've read.

I think I know why you said this is boring, it has too much content on the beginning, the theory about Quirk suddently, not to mention the dialogue of each panel are too much. I'm going to push trough, maybe in some chapter we found the enjoyment.

This is a good manga with a lot of potential. Most people who claim it to be boring and don't like it I usually find to be people who drop it early on. I generally find that people that stick with it end up really liking it. Not every story can pull you in right away. A perfect example being One Piece and Hunter X Hunter but both are still great.
Feb 2, 2016 6:41 AM

Aug 2010
HiatusXHiatus said:

But the problem is the main character, actually I dislike weak main character (at the beginning) totally the opposite of Onepunch Man.

That doesn't make sense, you love shounen manga, but you don't like it when a character has room to grow? One Punch Man is boring to me because Saitama has hardly any room to grow, which is the joke, but it goes on for so long.
Feb 2, 2016 8:15 AM

Jan 2014
ovoon7 said:
HiatusXHiatus said:

But the problem is the main character, actually I dislike weak main character (at the beginning) totally the opposite of (Onepunch Man (I change this to Saitama)).

That doesn't make sense, you love shounen manga, but you don't like it when a character has room to grow? One Punch Man is boring to me because Saitama has hardly any room to grow, which is the joke, but it goes on for so long.

I like high potential MC like Gon/Luffy/Naruto. But I didn't like MC who is weaker than generally other characters (deku didn't have quirk while the others have). Even some MC maybe weak but they have at least one potential (Ex : Senna->run, Kuroko->misdirection, Hinata->jumping) but Deku only have spirit.

And youre wrong, I really like the character to grow, and I'm already enjoy it from chapter 9 (Deku vs Kacchan) when at least the MC show his potential. BNHA are good, it's just weak at the beginning. Dislike the MC (at the beginning actually) doesn't mean that I don't like when a character has room to grow. And don't mind Saitama, he's just an example of the main character that I like.
HiatusXHiatusFeb 2, 2016 8:38 AM
Feb 2, 2016 11:19 AM

Dec 2013
HiatusXHiatus said:
ovoon7 said:

I like high potential MC like Gon/Luffy/Naruto. But I didn't like MC who is weaker than generally other characters (deku didn't have quirk while the others have). Even some MC maybe weak but they have at least one potential (Ex : Senna->run, Kuroko->misdirection, Hinata->jumping) but Deku only have spirit.

And youre wrong, I really like the character to grow, and I'm already enjoy it from chapter 9 (Deku vs Kacchan) when at least the MC show his potential. BNHA are good, it's just weak at the beginning. Dislike the MC (at the beginning actually) doesn't mean that I don't like when a character has room to grow. And don't mind Saitama, he's just an example of the main character that I like.

im sure if youll stick with it, youll eventually find out why people like it so much.
Feb 2, 2016 12:54 PM

Aug 2010
HiatusXHiatus said:
ovoon7 said:

I get what you mean, at first, but give it a few chapters (not many really) and (light spoilers)

Deku becomes a badass pretty quickly. He's afraid of like nothing around chapter 40 and is already fighting amongst being one of the top 3 students, and I'm not even caught up yet.

His weakling phase gets knocked out pretty quickly. All the higher ups immediately give him the "Gon potential". He doesn't last long in Shinji mode, lol.
Feb 2, 2016 5:22 PM

Feb 2011
Personally, I dislike Gon, Naruto, Goku, and many other typical shonen protagonists. A lot of people praise Deku for his intelligence or at least not falling into this trope, but honestly, he still kinda does (esp the latest chapter, 76). Deku isnt quite as cliche'd as, say, Naruto, but I still dont enjoy his shonen-yness. Id say the side characters like Yaoyorozu and Todoroki are more interesting but a lot like gravity girl and Bakugou are also very stereotypical and not very interesting.

I prefer intelligent/clever MCs and while Deku has his moments, a lot of times, it feels very forced and unnatural.

Also, imo, this doesnt hold a candle to HxH.
Feb 5, 2016 1:15 AM

Jan 2014
I already enjoyed it so far (reaching chapter 25), by the way Bakugou character design really looks like Typhlosion/Bakphoon (pokemon) is it?

Feb 7, 2016 6:58 PM

Dec 2015
TBH I started this Friday and am already on chapter 73. I really like it, the story, characters, and art are good. The only thing is that sometimes I think they could have expanded on certain events or gone into a bit more.
Feb 9, 2016 5:13 PM

Apr 2014
keragamming said:
My opinion is probably irrelevant since I've only read like 4 chapters before dropping it, but I will say its a rather boring series from what I've read. I'm also not a big fan of those generic characters.

Definitely going to give this series a fair chance when the anime airs, maybe my opinion will change after watching a good anount of episodes.

>Generic characters
lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Yesterday

2 by TengenFr »»
Today, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 372 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 2, 2022

23 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.