Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2016 8:18 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So a rather straightforward conclusion, but the glimpses of Keaton and Wolf's past was worth the while.

The flimsy drug storyline, damsel/daughter surrogate, and villains aside, the Master Keaton ambience made for a solid episode.

For this OVA, I feel like the stories were weaker compared with that of the first season - many a little to generic. Still, a very enjoyable show overall with its settings and topics keeping it distinct as far as mystery/crime episodics go.

It's a shame we never got to meet Keaton's ever-present yet always-absent wife, but perhaps she eventually appears within the manga that I'll be sure to check out after this charming series.
May 3, 2017 3:54 PM

May 2011
This OVA was certainly weaker in comparison to the TV series. Pretty entertain still, Keaton was great as always. I was just hoping they'd finally show the ex-wife in this OVA.
Nov 22, 2018 11:29 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah, your children are not soldiers in the military. He never realized that fact even at the end of the episode.

And so at least we learned where the Master title came from. OVA in total was a step down to me, 7/10.
Jan 9, 2020 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
Thought the episode ended up with a nice moment at least. This arc had little more interesting premise and setup but imo it could had ended in single episode too if it was more focused from beginning. I really wished they could finish the series with some of happy family reunion ending..

Overall while I found this sequel as engaging or consistent as the first season's 2nd half (since where I started to get most out of the series) but also I did thought too the story quite weaker than the original especially it had more number of darker episodes but I find the series main strength when it comes to semi-lighthearted episodes as it felt more tight and how unconventionally tells the story. Some darker episodes were interesting like this one but other times feels very imperfect feels like needed more time or makes the series kind of less unique.
Still Keaton himself was very fun to watch and indeed only very few series does manage to carry single lead in long run without feeling overstayed its welcome. And most importantly I really dig the Naoki's typical character designs so much and the national-geographic-esque visual which always felt kind of nostalgic vibes at best and not to say the least the music which was absolutely fantastic!! Sadly both ED really suck so bad tho!
Oct 21, 2021 10:11 PM

Jun 2010
Typically silly, the backstory portrays special forces as a bunch of lunatics as if any military wants to deal with manaics killing each other in their training camps.

If the idea at the end was that Wolf was sparing Leon's life, then withdrawing the knife just makes things worse.
Nov 3, 2021 1:17 PM

Oct 2014
I do agree in general that the first 24 episodes felt more structured and often had bigger pay offs but I laughed a lot watching the OVA, this show was just too much fun xD Urasawa always handles flashbacks to characters in their childhoods perfectly and I felt those episodes along with the ones where Yuriko was ever-present especially stood out.

Nov 18, 2022 6:29 AM

Jun 2019
My 200th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Jan 28, 6:46 PM

Jan 2017
So that's why he can't hold a job as an educator.

I did feel that the OVA was a grade below the main TV series but regardless, still entertaining.

More topics from this board

» Does its anime include ova fully adapt manga till the end ?

ISeeLifePeople - Jan 30

1 by guii1551 »»
Jan 30, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Master Keaton OVA Episode 14 Discussion

Amagai - Jan 15, 2012

6 by A1E1BA »»
Jan 28, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Master Keaton OVA Episode 13 Discussion

Amagai - Jan 15, 2012

3 by A1E1BA »»
Jan 28, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Master Keaton OVA Episode 11 Discussion

Alas86 - Apr 9, 2011

9 by A1E1BA »»
Jan 27, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Master Keaton OVA Episode 7 Discussion

Confucius - Oct 8, 2015

4 by Trap_Traps_Traps »»
Nov 2, 2021 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.