Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is just a lot of stuff happening and totally sucks as a prequel.
Sep 15, 2018 12:46 PM

May 2018
I do not understand how this could be a prequel when it's nothing but a bunch of recaps from the show.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Sep 20, 2019 9:14 AM

Jun 2019
Thanks God, I watched this after the end of X (one week later), I think this Ova is more enjoyable if you watch it after and not before, cause the end of X was so idk kinda meh, and this gives you nostalgic and it feels like a real end at least for me, oh and don't forget that moment with the faces of all the characters with their names while is beggining the ending song that is so beautiful and amazing, it felt like a tribute and works so very good for me and let me speechless.

P.D. Sorry for my bad english.
Jan 17, 2020 2:53 AM

Nov 2015
luckily i watched tokyo babylon before this since there's a cameo of those characters here!

đź’˘

Jan 25, 2020 10:20 AM
Mar 2018
I feel cheated since I have watched this before watching the series..., it's really too bad. Anyway, I could feel Kakyou's apathy throughout the episode. His seiyuu is perfect for this role.
Dec 24, 2020 11:30 AM

Dec 2015
Very good promotional material. Working the series themes in an effective and original way, by adopting the right subjective point of view.

Score: 8/10
Enjoyment: 5/5

Unfortunately, it sounds like people around here don't really understand the premise of this OAV...
Jun 13, 2022 11:28 AM

Jan 2020
I almost watched this prior to the main series, but after seeing a post warning others to do this after instead of before I'm finally here after having just freshly finished the main story.

Well, I'm not really even sure what I just watched. It was a very hasty mish-mash of some of the scenes from the series, and ones that don't necessarily fit together. So, I wouldn't say this would completely ruin the series for you, but it does spoil some events.

That ending where it just started showing pictures of the characters is kind of what really turned me off to this though. It's clear this isn't an OVA and just exists to promote the series. Again, that means this probably wouldn't ruin it for you, but tries to build hype. Either way, I would have preferred an epilogue to the series, or a true prologue rather than just a supercut of key scenes.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 25, 2022 11:33 AM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
I was going back and forth between watching this before or after the series but I ended up watching it before since it shows up first on the DVD set I got. Honestly I don't feel too terribly spoiled, it has a bunch of scenes but I'm barely gonna remember them and there's no context anyway.

Also watching this right after finishing Tokyo Babylon made me really excited to see Hokuto again, even if I had to watch her die again (but animated). It's a shame that Tokyo Babylon 2021 got delayed. Also, I'm really excited to see Subaru and Seishirou's encounter in the series.

I guess in this case, I was one of the fans who the OVA was made for since I read Tokyo Babylon beforehand and knew who (some) of the characters were. If I had read the X manga (like the people who probably bought this OVA in 2001) I'd probably have even more fun seeing all my favorite scenes animated.

Anyway, time to start the main series.
MagicPollyJul 26, 2022 8:22 PM
Nov 23, 2022 1:31 PM

Sep 2018
I don't understand the whole "don't watch this before the show" thing since I found this impossible to follow not having seen the tv series or read the manga. I can't imagine how this would spoil anything. It was just a bunch of random things happening and people saying disconnected phrases.
KristiwazhereJan 1, 2023 11:12 PM

More topics from this board

» You need to watch this after the end of X not before!!!

Sloszey - Sep 20, 2019

2 by Kristiwazhere »»
Nov 23, 2022 1:27 PM

» New Movie/Remake??

SomaHeir - Jun 7, 2010

2 by uncivilized_one »»
Jun 3, 2012 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.