Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 6, 2015 8:33 PM

Nov 2008
DatRandomDude said:
Damn, it was pretty badass.

Fixed it for ya :p

Dec 6, 2015 10:13 PM

Sep 2014
Chiibi said:
Pangeaa said:
Seriously what was the point of this episode? Yuu finally turning badass mode and getting his ass kicked? Do the staff think I enjoy watching this??

I'm sadistic towards the characters I love so no complaints from me. :'D ♥

This. Me.
The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 6, 2015 10:19 PM

Dec 2012
It was a great episode, the animation was beautiful. I don't understand why some episode are bad animated and the others are beautiful
Shinoa and the squad are brave to defend a vampire. I hope Mika will understand who are his allies.
Dec 7, 2015 3:14 AM

Nov 2014
richard_maximus said:
"You did die, but you're not dead."

That's not how death works chief.
Guess we got Owari no Seraph version of "People die when they're killed" :D
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Dec 7, 2015 3:55 AM

Jan 2009
Mika's fight scene was the best of this episode, wow. Although all that Yuu/Ashumaru business was pretty great, too.

I'm liking how this is developing - next ep can't be here fast enough.
Dec 7, 2015 5:43 AM

Feb 2015
The Mika solo scene was amazing, the music really helped, still not as good as job as what was done with Attack on Titan but atleast this season is far better then the first half..

Must say, the second half really turned me around on this whole anime, and am really digging it.
Dec 7, 2015 8:37 AM

Nov 2008
mira-nyan said:
Chiibi said:

I'm sadistic towards the characters I love so no complaints from me. :'D ♥

This. Me.

O RLY? :'DDDD

I don't understand why some episode are bad animated and the others are beautiful

Budget I suppose.....they gotta save it for the most important scenes.

Dec 7, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
Stupid decisions, did someone not tell Yuu he's in a war?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 7, 2015 1:46 PM

Sep 2014
The newest member of the Emiya club.

Dec 7, 2015 2:07 PM

May 2014
Kimizuki and Mika bumping heads for Yuu <3 xD

But seriously, I just love Kimizuki for some reason.. He's an adorable tsundere nerd xD, still sad they didn't adapt some of the comedy stuff from the first episodes..

Episode was awesome, I love the demon design on Yuu, Crowly as OP as ever, nuff said.

Dec 7, 2015 3:57 PM

Sep 2015
The_Deceiver said:
The newest member of the Emiya club.

lmfao,this anime anime is so full of clichè jesus.

Anyway best episode of the whole series so far.
Dec 7, 2015 4:59 PM

Sep 2010
Pangeaa said:
It pretty much looked like he threw away his humanity to me? Still as weak as before Guren got captured. ¨

I mean I have waited for serveral episodes for Yuu to go serious mode and when it finally happens its such a let down? Is it such a suprise that you get pissed off? Maybe its just me.

It's like you watch this dragged out shit but you dont get any reward. Sure he'll probably reck everyone in the last episode with his shadow bullshit power and that'll be the end of it.

/ranting over.

His serious mode is becoming a seraph.

The Crowley battle is more enjoyable now we know Crowley's backstory. The reason why he goes 'easy' with them and let them go, even if he's not aware consciously.
ThessDec 7, 2015 5:27 PM
Dec 7, 2015 8:00 PM

Jun 2013
amazing ost and damn that cliffhanger
Dec 7, 2015 8:11 PM

Jan 2011
Chiibi said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

Fuck Shinoa.

Yes, Yuu should do that.

Hahahahaha :D
I wish they would've wrote it so the vamps would've just gangraped the fucking snarky shit out of her towards the end of season one. that way Yuu could've been more angsty and a little less shounen (which is better in his case). At least I would've been able to see this series as one to "go there" and be a tad more hopeful they might've dropped the faggy tropes. But then against last series that ended like that was Valrave and that shit was the disappointment of 2013.
Dec 7, 2015 8:14 PM

Nov 2008
QWERTYFish25 said:
I wish they would've wrote it so the vamps would've just gangraped the fucking snarky shit out of her towards the end of season one. that way Yuu could've been more angsty and a little less shounen

You are disturbing and rather offensive.

Don't talk to me. >_>

Dec 7, 2015 10:04 PM

Oct 2008
Everything is getting way out of hand!
5/5.

Dec 7, 2015 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
Without a doubt the worst episode in both cours for me, first of all if his heart and organs were ruptured, how did he survive? Asuramaru clearly says that he couldn’t repair them which is why Yuu is in that realm but I’m guessing they’ll say the angels were healing him until Asuramaru could take over which is just as bs as it sounds. Second Shinoa’s existence in the series, holy shit I’ve never hated a character more than I hate her at the moment, why the fuck did she stop him from killing Mika? Because Yuu will get mad is the stupidest reason I’ve ever heard and now I really hope everyone around her will die just so it becomes bluntly obvious how stupid she is. Saving Narumi doesn’t count because if she didn’t stop Shinya from killing Mika they wouldn’t be stuck in that spot. Speaking of that idiot, why the hell does he always need to say something before shooting?

As if adding an insult to injury that beautiful fast paced animation they wasted on the second worst character in the series when they should’ve used the budget for it in Crowley’s fight last time.
Dec 7, 2015 11:12 PM

Jan 2011
xcess090 said:
Without a doubt the worst episode in both cours for me, first of all if his heart and organs were ruptured, how did he survive? Asuramaru clearly says that he couldn’t repair them which is why Yuu is in that realm but I’m guessing they’ll say the angels were healing him until Asuramaru could take over which is just as bs as it sounds. Second Shinoa’s existence in the series, holy shit I’ve never hated a character more than I hate her at the moment, why the fuck did she stop him from killing Mika? Because Yuu will get mad is the stupidest reason I’ve ever heard and now I really hope everyone around her will die just so it becomes bluntly obvious how stupid she is. Saving Narumi doesn’t count because if she didn’t stop Shinya from killing Mika they wouldn’t be stuck in that spot. Speaking of that idiot, why the hell does he always need to say something before shooting?

As if adding an insult to injury that beautiful fast paced animation they wasted on the second worst character in the series when they should’ve used the budget for it in Crowley’s fight last time.
This.
Dec 8, 2015 12:36 AM

Sep 2010
People hating on Shinoa are hilarious. She changed absolutely nothing: if Mika was 'killed' for real, that'll surely awake his seraph and wipe them all out.

The vampires had helicopters and would catch with them in a second. So she didn't change anything.

I'm going to enjoy the rage tears to those who expect Shinoa to 'answer her crimes' and "traitorous actions".
ThessDec 8, 2015 12:40 AM
Dec 8, 2015 12:54 AM

Jan 2011
Thess said:
I'm going to enjoy the rage tears to those who expect Shinoa to 'answer her crimes' and "traitorous actions".
#Flatanimecharacterlivesmatter
Dec 8, 2015 1:02 AM

Apr 2013
Thess said:
People hating on Shinoa are hilarious. She changed absolutely nothing: if Mika was 'killed' for real, that'll surely awake his seraph and wipe them all out.

The vampires had helicopters and would catch with them in a second. So she didn't change anything.

This.
Dec 8, 2015 5:03 AM

May 2014
Pretty intense and interesting fight. I wonder how Yuu-chan would look if he could be complete demon. I am sure the power would be over 9000!. LOL. Anyways, Mika is half dead. I wonder what's going to happen next week. I see Yuu-chan is grabbing Mika's neck, so I bet it's gonna be interesting.

It's nice to see that these guys are Yuu-chan's real family. Good for him that he got a new family and they will even protect an vampire if it means it's gonna protect Yuu-chan. I got to give to them, they have strong determination. ^^
Dec 8, 2015 7:38 AM

Sep 2014
Thess said:

Probably not

Yup.
Dec 8, 2015 8:36 AM

Oct 2014
Owari no Seraph has a great main concept and background imo, but the execution is lacking, here and in the manga, I still think episode 8 was the best so far, the ost was great this episode tho

Dec 8, 2015 8:42 AM

Nov 2008
LeFlower-kun said:
Thess said:

This.

This times ten.

Dec 8, 2015 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
Chiibi said:
LeFlower-kun said:

This.

This times ten.

Shinoa may not be my fav character, but I thought her actions were correct. She made the right decision to protect Mika.
Dec 8, 2015 3:16 PM

Nov 2008
Shion657 said:

Shinoa may not be my fav character, but I thought her actions were correct. She made the right decision to protect Mika.

Hellz yeah, all I could keep thinking was "She just made it possible for Mika and Yuu to see each other again....let's see the shippers hate on her for THAT".

Dec 8, 2015 5:33 PM

Jan 2011
The writers could've done better job making those two meet. Heard somewhere the had like a few years to write out the script. You twlling me there was no way to connect these characters to justify a pivotal moment like that? That's of course see how they wanted to have the whole main character ploy is absolute no matter what. He's "Yuus family", that's it? You think Chess will be more concerned with draining Mitsuba dead than with the bloostains she'll get from her dress? Think Crowley won't bash Shinoa's head in with smile on his face? Remember, aside from Mika they're not there to capture Yuu or anyone else from the IJDA they are their to annihilate any chances of humanity becoming an independent species. They are there to secure their current livestock and acquire more if the so feel like it.

I understand there's a tad of cognitive dissonance and lightheartedness even in live action films, war films, and epics, but I believe there's somethings such as cannibalizing your own settings just to further a story. You create a character too upbeat it takes more time to flesh out what drives him or what he has gone through, effectively limiting the space you have for others their strife and what makes them stride and connect with the main character. Characters can connect break apart and reconnect again, until they're willing to compromise or for one another or even destroy each other for those ideals and what may be at stake. Take Lelouche and Suzaku both reach for one another quite a few times while voicing their thoughts and the fucked system they were in. They didn't cut a million throats just for one another unless it would either further their goals or prove worth their efforts. That's not to say it hasn't been done in ONS, I understood Yuu's and Mika's surprise and respected their initial reactions, more so Mika's simply because he has very little love for the vampires and doesn't consider any of them family and has a complex relationship with Krul Tepes. Speaking of the latter she pretty much said to take Yuu and disappear, not specifying whether or not to come back. So it's understandable Mika would take such risk, but Yuu, he's gotta make up his mind. His hesitance (though warranted then) nearly got him and his whole team killed. Him and his team recently have been pathetic as far as consistency on any level after dealing with Less Karl (the en Vogue looking nigga) the back and forth towards the end of this episode was proof of that and the decimation of Narumi's team while not necessarily a total consequence of it it sure can be seen as a contributing factor, at least before a tribunal.
Dec 8, 2015 9:30 PM

Sep 2010
QWERTYFish25 said:
Think Crowley won't bash Shinoa's head in with smile on his face? Remember, aside from Mika they're not there to capture Yuu or anyone else from the IJDA they are their to annihilate any chances of humanity becoming an independent species. They are there to secure their current livestock and acquire more if the so feel like it.

Crowley doesn't care about vampire politics and he's possibly repressing his own issues when dealing with them. He used to be a crusader leader who was cherished by his people and all his men were slaughtered by a vampire. He was the last one standing, almost killed but Ferid's intervention saved him. He didn't even realized he became a vampire after that. It was like he shut his mind out. He started killing people to feed on and he had not even a single memory of this: he even was trying to track down the culprit who was slaughtering the townspeople.

I think I appreciate his character more after learning this background. A lot of his apathy and his easy-going nature, along with how he seems to cope with what happened. The centuries dulled him, but there are remnants of the old crusader there. I wouldn't be surprised if he spared them because of this.
Dec 8, 2015 10:56 PM

Sep 2014
I just want this anime to end with the vampires and humans signing a peace treaty after finding out that fighting each other is stupid and brings destructive Seraphs into the world. >.>
Dec 9, 2015 12:17 AM

Jan 2014
Underwhelming. That's how this entire episode felt. Yuu's Nakama Kazoku thing is getting way too out of hand. It wasn't THIS bad in the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2015 1:47 PM
Apr 2014
I hate them so much. Why the fuck do they interfere when Yu becomes interesting for once... Fuck them. I wanted to see the real power of a demon sword. Crowley would have won anyway but I was still curious.

Well. One reason more to be on Crowleys side. Seriously. That was the last straw. I hope he kills them all the next time they meet. Sadly he is too laid back to go hunting for them.
Dec 9, 2015 7:10 PM

Nov 2008
What's so great about Crowley? He's so overpowered and one note that it's boring to watch him...>_>

I hope he kills them all the next time they meet.

Salty much? Of course it won't happen. :p

Dec 9, 2015 10:41 PM

Apr 2010
jfc...this was intense I didn't expect it to get this good but damn.
Dec 9, 2015 11:51 PM

Jun 2014
Saving Yu cost the lives of several humans and a few friends...

shits gonna be hard for them now
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 10, 2015 2:03 AM

Apr 2011
Chiibi said:
What's so great about Crowley? He's so overpowered and one note that it's boring to watch him...>_>

The noble vampires who are ancestors are OP. Look at Krul and Ferid. Crowley is no different.

I like to watch him. He seems to enjoy fighting like Ferid does (although Ferid likes a lot of things that make him not feel bored anymore). Anyways, it's up to the viewer how they perceive him. I for once, like him more when I learned about his past. Before he seemed to me as another arrogant vampire that likes to fight but after the novel the issue seems to be more deep for him, at least.
Makise11Dec 10, 2015 3:30 AM
Dec 10, 2015 9:43 AM

Jan 2011
Sad thing I need to accept is the guys are on a limited budget. They can flesh out the characters how they want it and need to be able to appease the demographics. That doesn't necessarily include places like the US. Not like our tastes are some much better than their though. So with that they have to maintain max veiwership. May pressure the creators and studio to stay in line with something they would rather not expand on or marginalize what they may actually want to move forward with.

So shit that may actually make me rage may be contributing to a chunk of their fanbase. And shit that would make me empathize with a character more isn't viewable since I dont exactly read manga or LNs for that matter.
QWERTYFish25Dec 10, 2015 10:27 AM
Dec 10, 2015 1:49 PM

Sep 2014
Hangs are coming..
Dec 10, 2015 5:38 PM

Nov 2008
QWERTYFish25 said:
Yea, cause anime.

Anime has no qualms at all about killing an entire cast.....but it's only certain ones. This just isn't Akame Ga Kill, Evangelion, or X.

Dec 11, 2015 12:27 AM
Oct 2014
mira-nyan said:
richard_maximus said:
"You did die, but you're not dead."

That's not how death works chief.

Indeed, because "people die when they're killed", rite?

Anime is full of life wisdom's.
Dec 11, 2015 2:04 AM

Jan 2011
Chiibi said:
QWERTYFish25 said:
Yea, cause anime.

Anime has no qualms at all about killing an entire cast.....but it's only certain ones. This just isn't Akame Ga Kill, Evangelion, or X.
I can tell this is gonna end with the MC and his whole squad walking off practically unscathed.
Dec 11, 2015 5:29 AM

Nov 2008
QWERTYFish25 said:
Chiibi said:

I can tell this is gonna end with the MC and his whole squad walking off practically unscathed.

Well, yes, I certainly HOPE so. I don't want anyone important to die. D:

Dec 11, 2015 7:53 AM

Sep 2014
Chiibi said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

Well, yes, I certainly HOPE so. I don't want anyone important to die. D:

They're all gonna die. You're in denial.
Dec 11, 2015 3:35 PM
Mar 2012
wow Ashuramaru & Mika moments were beautiful.
Funny coffin & nice shield abilities.
So Yuu has a demon, a lab monster, and angels? His mind must be quite a mess.
Dec 11, 2015 11:01 PM

Feb 2014
Mika character should have been a women and this show would have been better, his actions would of been a lot more believable. As it stands its just a really awkward cringe worthy bromance.
Dec 11, 2015 11:49 PM

Dec 2013
This was a really really good episode. Wow.

Yuu half demon mode was badass but Crowly is just too op. Possibly the most op character that I have seen this year.

That 2nd half with Mika vs everyone was great. The animation for that scene was actually really nice.
Dec 12, 2015 12:26 AM

May 2008
Still hate Shinoa. I doubt she'll die though, but eh.

Next episode is totally gonna be Mika having to drink Yuu's blood, which is super predictable but that's this series, so I'm not complaining.

Also, I've worked out what this series is actually about. It's not really about vampires, it's about the dangers of overdosing on drugs and why you shouldn't give into peer pressure.
Dec 12, 2015 1:54 AM

Sep 2014
G_Spark233 said:
This was a really really good episode. Wow.

Yuu half demon mode was badass but Crowly is just too op. Possibly the most op character that I have seen this year.

That 2nd half with Mika vs everyone was great. The animation for that scene was actually really nice.

Compared to other anime characters this year, Crowely is pretty mediocre.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

184 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 29, 2023 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.