Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 6, 2015 9:50 AM

Jul 2009
Mm, I actually quite enjoyed this episode, at least more than the "mystery" ones, though I'm not quite sure why they would decide to have an episode like this now :O Oh well, Yuri and her grandma were pretty cute, but it seems kind of silly that she would ask them over to try and see which painting she'd get for her wedding ... that's so random lol, how could they possibly know? :P Plus it seems as "emotional" as Shoutarou is he's awfully dumb about some things, I mean OBVIOUSLY his grandma told him to get pudding because he was the one who liked it! Ugh ... I just want to smack him sometimes. It's nice to see Sakurako noticing that Gran had some trouble standing up too. She cares! :P
Anyway, really interested to see where that bit at the ending is leading to. The butterfly wings again and "sensei" ... hmm! :O Oh and I'm glad to be able to say that dreaded "Sakurako putting on the gloves" scene has been nowhere to be seen the past couple of episodes :D
Dec 6, 2015 10:17 AM

Aug 2015
Kind of a slow episode. though I think it's building up to something else. I'd like to know

1) who Sakurako keeps talking to in the hospital and 2) her past like her younger brother and how it relates to Shotarou. It seems pretty obvious right now but I would like to see how it comes together.
Dec 7, 2015 8:26 AM

Oct 2008
This episode made a lot of values & widsom.
what's-up with Sakurako "bring it to an end" ???
and what's-up with that girl!? another psycho that could end-up batshit crazy cuz of fighting parents???!?
4/5.

Dec 7, 2015 12:31 PM

Jul 2009
I guess this is the weaker episode so far...
Dec 7, 2015 1:23 PM

Sep 2014
Okay so just where is this going ? We had some 'mysterious' man few episodes ago.. And now we're going into some kind of connection between Sakurako and Shoutaro from their childhood. ( Well , Opening scenes always showed something about it)
Dec 9, 2015 3:24 AM

Jun 2015
lol, so Sakurako called "Yuri"-ko by her name because it would be weird if she using the term of "shoujo" like she did with "shounen", because shoujo also mean virgin isn't?
Dec 9, 2015 2:25 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, it was kinda meh... again. Surely they could have been better way to develop characters' backgrounds. And at this point I really hope they won't go with another grandma's death, it would way too cliche.
Slice of life was good but it felt like they were forcing viewers to get emotional over those grandmas stroies which didn't work. Should they only hinted it for a few minutes it would be a lot better.

The ending was interesting but it felt out of place like they realized they need some cliffhanger to keep viewer's attention span after such slow episode.

And can we please get started with this brother/sister story already? They are hinting at it maybe way too long.

Really loosing my faith in this series. It really seem like even its creators doesn't know where to take it.
Dec 10, 2015 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Slow paced this time around, it was kind of interesting to know about the grandmothers and of course seeing Sakurako and her Gran like that was amusing.

I'm definitely waiting for an explanation on the girl with the wings in the end there and the shady guy from a few episodes ago.
removed-userDec 10, 2015 12:29 PM
Dec 11, 2015 10:44 PM

Nov 2014
Ahoy_NATO said:
I just get really annoyed how people find this show boring. People started watching this expecting like badass mysteries and stuff but this show really is more about death and dealing with the pain of losing someone. It's much more of a dark take on slice of life anime than anything else and I wish people would stop expecting something else. This episode was another great one. Amazing feels for those who understand the pain of losing a grandparent.

Agreed. Found this episode really sentimental too for me since my grandmother was always the only one i could depend on in the end.

And all the kids here saying that there was no progress or character development you must be blind or are just trying to look cool. We got to see sakurako's caring side, more focus on side characters like sakurako's grandma, more background info on shoutaro, a more naughty side of yuriko and a set up for the next arc. No progress my ass. Whats more is that this show was dedicated to those trapped in the past. It is supposed to show more or less real life scenarios and how our mcs deal/get over them. If you want a teenage boy having boobpower against demons go try other shows.
PrevEDec 11, 2015 10:53 PM
Dec 13, 2015 10:36 AM

Apr 2014
The grannys epic hand slap when she reached in for another pudding was great.
---------My Profile------------
Dec 14, 2015 1:27 AM

Aug 2013
Feeling the calm before the storm...
Yuriko and all her request making Sakurako seem like her personal detective.
Who's that new psycho looking girl ?? And I still don't get what's going to happen.
This is very intriguing indeed.
Dec 14, 2015 5:26 AM

Jul 2008
SHINOBI-03 said:
Crashmatt said:
Good god that was boring. I can't believe people liked this episode literally nothing happened. I've seen other shows get absolutely blown apart on here for much less.

Dude, either you are lucky you you haven't lost a dear one recently or you are one cold hearted fellow.

A better question: Why are you still watching and complaining about this "boring" show in its 9th episode instead of doing something more productive?

-----------

All this talk about Shotarou's dying grandma made me cry and I'm 27. I guess I still haven't gotten over the death of my grandma two years ago. She was also terminally ill and in pain all the time and this episode opened all these old wounds that I had of
these painful days.

You aren't the only one man. I'm 31 and just lost my last grandmother last month. I don't think she was in too much pain but I can never tell these things. Watching this one hurt, as did the one about the girl's grandmother dying.
Dec 20, 2015 11:15 AM

Oct 2013
I didn't really get the point of the first half, but the last few minutes really hit me in the feels. RIP grannies ;-;

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 23, 2015 2:17 AM

Apr 2012
Still don't get the point of this show other than episodic short stories
Though the grandmother part hit me right in the feels especially having seen my grandmother draw her last breath a couple months ago.

Dec 23, 2015 11:06 PM

Jan 2013
Alright, took place mostly in one room
Dec 24, 2015 12:46 PM

Dec 2013
These past few episode were kinda dull, I hope the series picks up the pace for the finale.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 26, 2015 12:17 AM

Nov 2015
I liked this episode :). Love Sakurako's sweet tooth. And that granny rocks!

Had I watched this show episode per episode, I probably would've felt unsatisfied at times. I do personally think it's a bit overrated based on what I've seen so far.

Luckily, I'm watching all of it in one go (and this is exactly for the purpose of not getting annoyed by possible fillers or long talking sessions).

I'm really hoping they will uncover the link between Sotaro & Shotaro, and also reveal who that girl at the end was. She seemed a bit emotionally imbalanced. "I will fly to you sensei". Planned suicide maybe?

Who knows.
Dec 26, 2015 12:21 AM

Nov 2015
fatalystic said:
Anarchi4 said:
Same here. Also, the show still hasn't explained many important things and maybe the only one that seems relevant to this point: What's the connection between Sakurako and Shoutaro? I mean, they're not dating and they aren't relatives, also Sakurako was mentioned to be engaged, so how did they even meet each other and why are they always together?

Depending on how the last episodes work this could be either a decent anime or it could keep the same way as the last few episodes were (bad but not as horrible as others mention).

Anyways, I liked the episode but the show still doesn't work for me. 3/5 for the episode and 4/10 so far for the anime.

Sakurako keeps him around as a replacement goldfish for her deceased brother, because they look so alike and even have nearly identical names. And Shoutarou sticks around because he's an idiot.

Hahahaha that got me to laugh +1 (I have been wondering about this too though).
ElzheimerDec 26, 2015 12:24 AM
Jan 7, 2016 3:23 PM

May 2012
A slower episode, but very interesting. I do love where this is going, so let's see what's next!
Jan 28, 2016 5:16 PM

Aug 2014
i am thankful i couldn't relate to this episode. and i dont want to anytime soon.

who was that at the ending though?
Feb 1, 2016 5:35 AM

Apr 2011
He calls Shoutarou a boy because he's a wimp. jk

This episode tells why Sakurako he calls her that.

Its can okay episode.

I'm one of the few people who expects a murder mystery solving cases, but this kind of plot isn't bad.

Dat Yuriko smug face tho.
Apr 5, 2016 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
Oba-chans are the best! :')
I really enjoyed this episode, as well as all the other episodes,
so I don't understand why some people find it boring :D
Apr 27, 2016 11:30 PM

Nov 2012
A grandma focused episode, huh... I'd say this anime better when delivering this kind of episodic SOL rather than unveiling some kind of big mystery.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Nov 5, 2016 11:57 PM

Dec 2012
Grandma's. Grandma's everywhere.

Yuriko looking so fine, especially when she made that face at Shoutarou. Almost jizzed.

DAT ENDING!
RobNov 6, 2016 12:15 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 29, 2017 6:56 AM
Aug 2014
Shoutarou is a bit slow isn't he as it really wasn't much of a mystery. At least Sakurako calls him out on his idiocy, but it makes it a bit hard to become invested in the "mystery's" when they're hardly mysteries at at all.
Feb 17, 2019 9:26 PM

Jun 2015
this whole episode of grandmas made me so sad, since this directly hit me in my weak area of grandparents
Oct 8, 2022 2:13 PM

Mar 2019
Wow, this ending. What is happening exactly. Sadly no Isozaki development, somewhat of a weird filler-ish episode, but it seems like the next episode is where the big arc begins.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 14, 2022 9:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
average episode about 3 grandmothers!!! kekeke
Aug 21, 2023 11:23 AM

Oct 2022
I am so curious about how her little brother died, who her fiancé is, and what case she is investigating on her own.

Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Aug 2019
these vague hints of something going on are honestly annoying. i assume its what the next two episodes are about or perhaps just the last one

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2015

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.