Sep 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Saitama is moe

saitama best loli ever!!!
Dec 2, 2015 1:41 AM
Sep 2015
Hrybami said:
PoeticJustice said:

You gave shinsekai yori a ten, and the animation in that show is shit. I don't think you are very consistent in how you rate things.

Wrong.

The animation in Shinsekai yori is superb. It was only shit for two episodes and that was because of the guest director who worked on those episodes. Not to mention that the bad animation in those episodes are still better than the horrible One Punch Fag. I vomited when I watched the first episode and I definitely regret it.

Other than that, Shinsekai yori had speechless background ambience and dark scenery which demonstrate how well a 10 suit well with Shinsekai yori.

LOL butt hurt much XD
ay imao i could almost taste how salty you are right now
Dec 2, 2015 1:41 AM

Apr 2013
BaitOfJustice said:
So edgy I could cut myself with it.

OT: The popularity of OPM is the typical popularity of the hyped shows of the year. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'd have to disagree, at least on an anecdotal level. I've seen and heard people who would never watch anime or speak of it talk about how good it is and they're looking forward to it. It has a reach more akin to something like Attack on Titan, though to a lesser degree. Usually "regular hyped shows" don't have appeal as wide as OPM seems to have had.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Dec 2, 2015 1:45 AM

Jan 2013
asanez2008 said:
I tried to read/watch Shinsekai yori but got bored half way through. Soorry man, that shows so slow and boring I almost fell asleep while watching that. Regardless of how good it is later on, I still don't care because the premise sucks ass. There's humans with psychic power they can never use because If they do they end up dying. Then get killed without putting up a fight against their own slaves monsters. Ain't that stupid? Another thing is that almost all the main cast died near the beginning. And then there's the daughter due to some shitty plot excuse, can use her power without dying then she use her power to kill nearly all of them. I was like "wut is this shit?" then I dropped the whole thing like a coconut in a tree.

I wont bother answering or criticize your taste since SSY board has all your questions covered

but here is an advice , if you drop an anime dont complain about your unanswered questions ar lack of understanding because you dropped the eps those answers were in
Dec 2, 2015 2:43 AM

Mar 2012
asanez2008 said:
I tried to read/watch Shinsekai yori but got bored half way through. Soorry man, that shows so slow and boring I almost fell asleep while watching that. Regardless of how good it is later on, I still don't care because the premise sucks ass.
I was like "wut is this shit?" then I dropped the whole thing like a coconut in a tree.

Avenger-senpai said:
Use the spoiler tag!
Dec 2, 2015 3:31 AM
Sep 2015
Like some people have said One Punch Man is not your typical anime. Its over the top action, like able characters, funny comedy and simple, straightforward story makes it easy for the mainstream people to watch. Not to mention the Sakuga which is an important part that made One Punch Man popular.
Dec 2, 2015 12:56 PM

May 2009
Jklmn said:
Because shounen is the most popular gender so it's easy to attract people with its parody.

OPM is seinen manga.
Dec 2, 2015 1:21 PM
Oct 2010
juicykitten95 said:
asanez2008 said:
I tried to read/watch Shinsekai yori but got bored half way through. Soorry man, that shows so slow and boring I almost fell asleep while watching that. Regardless of how good it is later on, I still don't care because the premise sucks ass. There's humans with psychic power they can never use because If they do they end up dying. Then get killed without putting up a fight against their own slaves monsters. Ain't that stupid? Another thing is that almost all the main cast died near the beginning. And then there's the daughter due to some shitty plot excuse, can use her power without dying then she use her power to kill nearly all of them. I was like "wut is this shit?" then I dropped the whole thing like a coconut in a tree.

I wont bother answering or criticize your taste since SSY board has all your questions covered

but here is an advice , if you drop an anime dont complain about your unanswered questions ar lack of understanding because you dropped the eps those answers were in
Don't worry, I understand the whole story itself but those things i said before about the series is what irks me the most. I like the mystery part at first but then it turn into something else later which I didn't like. Woops getting off topic now my bad.
Avenger-senpai said:
asanez2008 said:
I tried to read/watch Shinsekai yori but got bored half way through. Soorry man, that shows so slow and boring I almost fell asleep while watching that. Regardless of how good it is later on, I still don't care because the premise sucks ass.
I was like "wut is this shit?" then I dropped the whole thing like a coconut in a tree.

Avenger-senpai said:
Use the spoiler tag!
Got it.
Dec 3, 2015 1:34 AM
Nov 2015
The answer is 9gag.
Dec 3, 2015 2:15 AM
Jul 2015
codegeasspower said:
The answer is 9gag.

Oh Dear Lord, why ? Don't you dare mention that name ever again.
hi
Dec 3, 2015 3:25 AM

Jun 2013
I think its humor is quite appealing. It's not your typical shounen where the main character is a loser virgin who is surrounded by big-titted women and is actually pretty useless in battle until he finally powers up through training.

Saitama is already powerful. He's too powerful. His blasé attitude towards everything. Also the supporting characters are so interesting and full of life. They're not just there to make the hero look good and are shoved aside once they've fulfilled their purpose, they're really interesting people on their own.
臭い-
Dec 3, 2015 6:57 AM
Dec 2012
Hrybami said:
Kuma said:
too bad, it's also popular in japan as well.

The manga is way more popular than the anime in Japan. That's because Madhouse is shit and so is westerners' taste.

Watch out guys, we have a very special snowflake here.
also, im seeing a lot of people using the 'casul' term here....stop that dude, its stupid, someone cant get good at watching something, saying this only makes you look like the kind of faggot who watches some shows just to gloat, even tough you hatted them secretly.
RekienDec 3, 2015 7:03 AM
Dec 3, 2015 9:23 PM

Feb 2008
Because people see it as "epic", just like they did with Attack on Titan.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 3, 2015 9:31 PM

Sep 2013
bastek66 said:
Jklmn said:
Because shounen is the most popular gender so it's easy to attract people with its parody.

OPM is seinen manga.

It's an online manga (that regularly appears in shounen magazines).
Dec 3, 2015 9:34 PM

Sep 2014
Bibimbapski said:
I think its humor is quite appealing. It's not your typical shounen where the main character is a loser virgin who is surrounded by big-titted women and is actually pretty useless in battle until he finally powers up through training.

One Punch Man is seinen btw
Dec 5, 2015 7:29 AM

May 2009
ichii_1 said:
bastek66 said:

OPM is seinen manga.

It's an online manga (that regularly appears in shounen magazines).

Tonari no Young Jump. Young Jump is seinen magazine.
Dec 5, 2015 8:42 AM

Sep 2013
Shinsekai yori is godlike and that's a fact.

About OPM, it's popular because it is good and hit the points people like. Comedy, good fights with great animation, a good amount of characters with unique traits, and so on.
Dec 5, 2015 8:53 AM

Aug 2013
starlabbu said:
It's something anyone can enjoy. Action and non complex story makes it entertaining for casual watching I guess.

I guess you are wrong. I can't really enjoy this show at all.
gabrielrroiz said:

that shows how much the japanese audience sucks they love shit like kyoani but deslike madhouse the one who is by far the best anime studio

Opinions. For me Madhouse sucks. Of course, they have some good anime like Kiseijuu, Nana, Paprika or Perfect Blue, but most of thier anime just sucks for me (especially: DN, NGNL, Btooom!, AWFUL CHOBITS adaptation, mentioned OPM etc) .
And KyoAni is one of the best studios.

Hrybami said:

Madhouse is still shit tho. Crappy animation, soulless adaptation, ugly chara-design, recycled themes and backgroud. Watching Madhouse anime is as exciting as slicing bread. Just to discover that each slice of bread are exactly the same plain piece of cafeteria's crappiest meal one after one.

At least KyoAni has actually good animation and some variety as well.

Well said! If you sometime come to Poland i will buy you a beer ^^
rsc-plDec 5, 2015 9:17 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 5, 2015 10:57 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Because it parodies superhero tropes, which can appear to anyone who has a slight interest in superheroes. One Punch Man, Shingeki no Kyojin, and Death Note are really used to get people into anime.
Dec 5, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2008
Also, OPM is on 9gag all the time now so of course non anime watchers would recognize the name by now.
Dec 5, 2015 9:51 PM

Jul 2015
Hrybami said:
gabrielrroiz said:

that shows how much the japanese audience sucks they love shit like kyoani but deslike madhouse the one who is by far the best anime studio

What? KyoAni is as much loved in the West than in Japan. It's a fan-service studio.
Madhouse is still shit tho. Crappy animation, soulless adaptation, ugly chara-design, recycled themes and backgroud. Watching Madhouse anime is as exciting as slicing bread. Just to discover that each slice of bread are exactly the same plain piece of cafeteria's crappiest meal one after one.

At least KyoAni has actually good animation and some variety as well.

Madhouse does a great job IMO
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

987 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 3:04 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

792 by jacjacqjac »»
May 12, 1:32 AM

» serious question

elitebeef - May 5

44 by elitebeef »»
May 8, 9:22 AM

» What's the one change you would bring to OPM?

S10_Hinatakun - Oct 4, 2023

43 by elitebeef »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Oct 17, 2015

431 by OnigirisBasket »»
Apr 26, 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.