Forum Settings
Forums

if the Middle East is still a Christian majority will that make that place better today?

New
so will the Middle East be a a better place today if its still a Christian majority?
Nov 26, 2015 10:30 PM

Jan 2009
the religion of Christianity originated from the Middle East but the muslim conquests of those times slowly killed the religion of Christianity on that area
wikipedia has an article about this too - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_the_Middle_East

personally im neutral about this since the Philippines was invaded by Spain and they spread Christianity here, but to me being a too religious country hinders our progress
but i think Christianity is not so prone to extremism unlike Islam is, a lot of people take religious texts too literally and that is the cause of deception use by religious terrorist leaders and extremism

so how about your take on this? dont forget to vote on the poll

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 26, 2015 10:32 PM

Aug 2012
Nope, It's better off as a empty desert.
Nov 26, 2015 10:48 PM

Mar 2008
Impossible to say for the whole middle east. I think things would be better if the Ottoman Empire did not do so many genocides. I think any religious domination that came out of bloodshed will lead to problems.

The reason why its hard to say is because its not a 100% given that Islam alone is responsible for the extremism because the cultures themselves are a part of it. Its hard to say if they would be just as extreme. I know there are some extremist Jews out there and in a few places in African countries there are quite extreme Christians. Its just really not an easy thing to say.

I would say if everything was more diverse in religion where there is no single dominator that would possibly keep extremism down so long as one of the religions was not an invader or given the land by governments that should not have.
Nov 26, 2015 10:54 PM

Apr 2014
Yeah. Not just because Islam is more violent or whatever, but also because naturally, with less religions, there would not be nearly as much religious conflict.
Nov 26, 2015 10:55 PM

Aug 2012
Altairius said:
Yeah. Not just because Islam is more violent or whatever, but also because naturally, with less religions, there would not be nearly as much religious conflict.

There will be conflicts within the sects of the same religion.
Nov 26, 2015 11:05 PM

Sep 2009
No; then it'd just be the Christians who are doing all the oppressing etc.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 26, 2015 11:05 PM

Mar 2008
Would Christianity be a more violent religion today if Jesus's name was Muhammad?
Nov 26, 2015 11:08 PM

Sep 2009
Ckan said:
Would Christianity be a more violent religion today if Jesus's name was Muhammad?

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet... or Messiah-ish.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 26, 2015 11:16 PM

Mar 2008
shotz_ said:
it would still probably be 3rd world because of the oil.
What? Why would it having oil promote it to be a third world region?
Nov 26, 2015 11:18 PM

Jun 2015
fuck no
Nov 26, 2015 11:21 PM

May 2015
These conflicts aren't even religious.
Nov 26, 2015 11:38 PM

Jun 2008
the reason why Christians aren't as psychotic as radical Muslims is honestly because a lot of them (especially in the West) don't truly believe the shit they read in the bible.

They treat their religion as a cultural thing, something you do on Sunday morning and whatever...

But they don't believe in stoning gays or forcibly converting the non-believer....

Of course there are SOME radical Christians, and they do fucked up things...but their numbers are irrelevant.

In contrast, as many as 10% of Muslims believe in radical shit....that's millions upon millions.
Nov 26, 2015 11:45 PM

Nov 2014
Look at the middle east today.

If the Islam was switched with christianity, what do you think would happen?
It couldnt be possibly worse than it is now, it could only be better.
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Nov 27, 2015 12:27 AM

Apr 2014
IntellectualMr said:
Altairius said:

Sure, but those are never remotely of the same scale as a conflict with a totally incompatible worldview.
Nov 27, 2015 12:33 AM

Apr 2013
Couldn't be any worse than it is right now, a bunch of barbarians rule over Syria now.
Nov 27, 2015 1:06 AM

Jan 2009
Yes said:
j0x said:
the religion of Christianity originated from the Middle East but the muslim conquests of those times slowly killed the religion of Christianity on that area
wikipedia has an article about this too - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_the_Middle_East

personally im neutral about this since the Philippines was invaded by Spain and they spread Christianity here, but to me being a too religious country hinders our progress
but i think Christianity is not so prone to extremism unlike Islam is, a lot of people take religious texts too literally and that is the cause of deception use by religious terrorist leaders and extremism

so how about your take on this? dont forget to vote on the poll

Protestant = Prosperity
Catholicism = Poverty and over population.

Need to specify op.

well you said that not me, i did not even think about specifying those, but ye i remember now, religion is really a serious business here in the Philippines, religious leaders and their staff members can really get money be it extra income or full income from just being religious

Altairius said:
IntellectualMr said:

Sure, but those are never remotely of the same scale as a conflict with a totally incompatible worldview.

thats a nice point, i still dont get why apostasy is punishable by death in Islam for example, thats just too extreme
Nov 27, 2015 2:20 AM

Mar 2008
shotz_ said:
traed said:
What? Why would it having oil promote it to be a third world region?
oil was the main motivation of western imperialism in the 19th/201th century, which provoked the rise of islamic extremism. take away the islam part of it and most people in the middle east would be off pretty much the same (exploited by rich countries). maybe just less carbombs.
There are middle eastern countries that are among the richest in the world.
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-23-richest-countries-in-the-world-2015-7
Nov 27, 2015 6:04 AM

Jan 2014
There would probably be much less conflict than is presently going on, that is if it was Protestant of course.

Then again, other changes would have to be accounted for. The European appropriation of Christianity could lead to a different sort of conflict.
On the other hand, we'll have a lot more of the original North African tribes, and about half the world would be Christian.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 27, 2015 6:07 AM

Jan 2015
>That is if it was Protestant
>30 years war
>7 years war
>Catholics in northern europe had been massacred by Protestants
>Witch Hunts
>Beheading of James II
>Potato Famine
>White/Irish Slave Trades

kek

j0x said:
>never knew about Malta
>never knew about Liechtenstein

Stop being delusional OP
DiginarcissaNov 27, 2015 6:13 AM
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 27, 2015 6:38 AM

Jan 2012
EminemVEVO said:

So far this is the best reply in this thread +1.

Nov 27, 2015 6:57 AM

Oct 2014
Would make it a bit tougher to exploit the place for its resources but they would,

eventually and the place would turn into the same war torn place it is just different propaganda and lies.

Same people will be oppressed and turn to aggression.
I have a self destructive disease inside that eats away at me,
there is no place for it in this world,
this disease is righteousness.
Nov 27, 2015 7:40 AM

May 2015
AllenVonStein said:
EminemVEVO said:

They call themselves the Islamic state. They scream allahu ackbar and quote the Quran.

All I see is religion.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 27, 2015 7:45 AM

Dec 2013
No because Islam isn't the issue. Anyone who understands Islam would be aware that these terrorists aren't Muslims. If Christianity ruled the area, the same issues would be happening. Islam is being used as a tool for the terrorists to gain support.

Funny how quickly we forget all the fucked up things that have come out of Christianity and official Christian leaders supported by the Church and religion like it's nothing, but then hate on Islam for the actions of fake-Muslim terrorists. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Nov 27, 2015 8:21 AM

Jan 2015
But what kind of Christian? Protestant, Catholic, Anglican, Orthodox, or Unitarian?
There is a big difference. The Pope is not the head of the Anglican and Orthodox church, for example.

At least they are not Jehova's Witnesses. Imagine thousands of arab immigrants banging on your door every week.
Nov 27, 2015 8:26 AM

Sep 2013
I'd rather throw myself off a mountain than live in places with no Christianity.
Nov 27, 2015 10:38 AM

Jan 2014
ichii_1 said:
I'd rather throw myself off a mountain than live in places with no Christianity.

In many cases, the people in those places would be more than happy to throw you off themselves.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 27, 2015 10:41 AM

Apr 2009
meh. maybe. but conflicts would arise over other things, or some other place would be fucked up
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Nov 27, 2015 10:44 AM

May 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
AllenVonStein said:

They call themselves the Islamic state. They scream allahu ackbar and quote the Quran.

All I see is religion.

I think what he meant is that Islam wasn't what started this, it just helped divide the West with the Middle East.
I've been here way too long...
Nov 27, 2015 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
No Islamic extremism would just be replaced with Christian extremism but there would be no conflict and hatred against Israel. America radicalized Islam in the Middle East in the 80's to defeat the Soviet Union during the Afghan Soviet war so if the Middle East was Christian it would have still been radicalized. Religious extremism vs Communism was America's strategy during the Afghan Soviet war so unification under radical Christianity against godless atheist commies would have worked as well. Reagan would have liked the Middle East terrorists even more if they were christian considering he was christian and super religious.
Nov 27, 2015 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
Paella_ said:
>That is if it was Protestant
>30 years war
>7 years war
>Catholics in northern europe had been massacred by Protestants
>Witch Hunts
>Beheading of James II
>Potato Famine
>White/Irish Slave Trades

kek

j0x said:
>never knew about Malta
>never knew about Liechtenstein

Stop being delusional OP

you got no idea what delusional means do you? you just like to throw buzzwords again without even properly explaining your side

there is nothing delusional on what you quote about my reply and i got no idea what you are talking about with those meme arrows
Nov 28, 2015 12:06 AM

Nov 2015
TheArchangels said:
No because Islam isn't the issue. Anyone who understands Islam would be aware that these terrorists aren't Muslims. If Christianity ruled the area, the same issues would be happening. Islam is being used as a tool for the terrorists to gain support.

Funny how quickly we forget all the fucked up things that have come out of Christianity and official Christian leaders supported by the Church and religion like it's nothing, but then hate on Islam for the actions of fake-Muslim terrorists. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
DrGeroCreation said:
No Islamic extremism would just be replaced with Christian extremism but there would be no conflict and hatred against Israel. America radicalized Islam in the Middle East in the 80's to defeat the Soviet Union during the Afghan Soviet war so if the Middle East was Christian it would have still been radicalized. Religious extremism vs Communism was America's strategy during the Afghan Soviet war so unification under radical Christianity against godless atheist commies would have worked as well. Reagan would have liked the Middle East terrorists even more if they were christian considering he was christian and super religious.

I've chosen my favorite MAL users.
Nov 28, 2015 12:16 AM
May 2015
RedRoseFring said:
ichii_1 said:

In many cases, the people in those places would be more than happy to throw you off themselves.
Damn.
Nov 28, 2015 12:20 AM

Jan 2013
traed said:

GDP does not tell the whole truth. A rich country can be still poor in many other aspects, and many Islamic countries certainly have problems with human rights issues.
Nov 28, 2015 12:22 AM

Nov 2015
CondemneDio said:
traed said:

GDP does not tell the whole truth. A rich country can be still poor in many other aspects, and many GCC countries certainly have problems with human rights issues.

ftfy

No 'Islamic' country exists anymore.
Nov 28, 2015 12:24 AM

Mar 2008
CondemneDio said:
traed said:

GDP does not tell the whole truth. A rich country can be still poor in many other aspects, and many Islamic countries certainly have problems with human rights issues.
Of course.
Nov 28, 2015 12:29 AM

Oct 2013
"if"

Come on...
Nov 28, 2015 12:33 AM

May 2013
i mean there'd still be bedouins and other desert tribes, so god only knows the answer to this question
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 28, 2015 12:42 AM

Apr 2012
Probably because the tribal nature of Islam in the Middle East has really hindered modernity in the region, and I'm not talking about the sectarian divide. If the Middle East was Christian dominated, it would probably have a more harmonious relationship with Christian based colonial powers.

Nov 28, 2015 12:45 AM

Nov 2015
Zeally said:
Probably because the tribal nature of Islam in the Middle East has really hindered modernity in the region, and I'm not talking about the sectarian divide. If the Middle East was Christian dominated, it would probably have a more harmonious relationship with Christian based colonial powers.

Tribal nature?
Nov 28, 2015 12:46 AM

Jan 2015
PerpetualTrance said:
Zeally said:

Tribal nature?
Islam were of Pagan descent and the establishment of it was basically kicking out Christians and Jews out from Mecca. Medina was a Pagan community and Mohammed basically lured its leaders to his newly proposed faith. Then after he gained Pagan support, they raided Mecca
Nov 28, 2015 12:47 AM

May 2013
Paella_ said:
PerpetualTrance said:

Tribal nature?
Islam were of Pagan descent and the establishment of it was basically kicking out Christians and Jews out from Mecca

Before they were Muslim, they were Bedouin desert traders, merchants, and warriors
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 28, 2015 12:49 AM

Nov 2015
Paella_ said:
PerpetualTrance said:

Tribal nature?
Islam were of Pagan descent and the establishment of it was basically kicking out Christians and Jews out from Mecca

Those tribes faded into obscurity in Medieval times. You can hear of sectarianism, and hell even nationalism but tribalism is the last thing you'll hear about ME.
Nov 28, 2015 12:51 AM

Apr 2012
PerpetualTrance said:
Zeally said:

Tribal nature?

Referencing Afghanistan like the Pashtuns and Uzbeks

Nov 28, 2015 12:53 AM

Nov 2015
Zeally said:
PerpetualTrance said:

Tribal nature?

But that's hardly a cause of division.
Nov 28, 2015 12:55 AM

Apr 2012
PerpetualTrance said:
Zeally said:

Well it kind of is a factor of why Afghanistan is unable to form a stable government. Rather than seeing the region as a country they identify between ethnic lines

Nov 28, 2015 12:56 AM

Nov 2015
Zeally said:
PerpetualTrance said:

Well it kind of is a factor of why Afghanistan is unable to form a stable government

The reason why Afghanistan is unable to form a stable government is
DrGeroCreation said:
America radicalized Islam in the Middle East in the 80's to defeat the Soviet Union during the Afghan Soviet war

The Talibans are still asking for their reward.
Nov 28, 2015 12:58 AM

Jan 2015
PerpetualTrance said:
DrGeroCreation said:
America radicalized Islam in the Middle East in the 80's to defeat the Soviet Union during the Afghan Soviet war
There was already an instability long before the Americans entered
Blame the Soviets if yuo ask me
Nov 28, 2015 12:59 AM

Apr 2012
PerpetualTrance said:
Zeally said:

Well it kind of is a factor of why Afghanistan is unable to form a stable government

DrGeroCreation said:

That is one reason

Nov 28, 2015 1:00 AM

Nov 2015
Zeally said:

DrGeroCreation said:

That is one reason[/quote]

The biggest reason. The rest of the reasons are just like how ISIS' uses the facade of Islam to propel its propaganda and fool the foolish.
Nov 28, 2015 1:04 AM

Apr 2012
PerpetualTrance said:
Zeally said:

That is one reason

The biggest reason. The rest of the reasons are just like how ISIS' uses the facade of Islam to propel its propaganda and fool the foolish.[/quote]

What does that even mean
The tribalism in Afghanistan isn't a facade by any stretch of the imagination

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 6 hours ago

24 by tsukareru »»
2 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

23 by cosmosreceiver »»
4 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

22 by tsukareru »»
20 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Yesterday

16 by DesuMaiden »»
49 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

34 by DesuMaiden »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.