Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2015 6:25 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
There just making Mello look more useful than he actually is. The ending though, "I am Kira"!

5/5
Mar 16, 2016 1:52 PM

Jan 2016
So Mello did indeed play a super significant role in getting evidence. Nice to see his death wasn't in vain. Together with Near, they could indeed match or surpass L.
Sep 29, 2020 7:42 AM

Dec 2007
and light had lost it.

but i don't agree with near that he and mello together surpass L, L reached for light with clear lead an evidence while near were busy in guessing and make through the truth through sneaky ways, he reached the truth only because of guessing alone...
Nov 16, 2021 4:49 PM

Sep 2016
User-Name said:
and light had lost it.

but i don't agree with near that he and mello together surpass L, L reached for light with clear lead an evidence while near were busy in guessing and make through the truth through sneaky ways, he reached the truth only because of guessing alone...

They surpass him in the sense that they won (managed to get physical evidence) and L lost (died). Of course, L's deductive abilities far surpass Near and Mello's, but they managed to accomplish what L died trying to do. I think L would be proud, at the very least, despite of the means through which they managed to get condemning evidence on Light.

And Near "cheated", in a way, and that's what I love about him. Unlike L, he plays dirty.
Nov 17, 2021 1:54 AM

Dec 2007
OgaZoSo said:
User-Name said:
and light had lost it.

They surpass him in the sense that they won (managed to get physical evidence) and L lost (died). Of course, L's deductive abilities far surpass Near and Mello's, but they managed to accomplish what L died trying to do. I think L would be proud, at the very least, despite of the means through which they managed to get condemning evidence on Light.

And Near "cheated", in a way, and that's what I love about him. Unlike L, he plays dirty.
lol

what was so good about L, is that he was the "perfect" justice detective, he had done some outrageous actions to get what he wanted, broke the japanese law and stuff, but his way of doing was interesting and fitted his role.
N on the other hand, considering you are quoting my post, didn't really managed to get an evidence on kira/light, it was pure luck of near and mello they had made mikami make his move. and N playing dirty wasn't good at all, he ruined L image.

near and mello "won" wasn't as you claiming, mikami had done mistake, near didn't timed mikami mistake and it was mello gambling that something would happen, and even there, light could surpass that with mikami bringing death note real paper than the fake one. there's lot of holes in near "plan", when L was chasing higuchi he didn't let any holes happening.

didn't also get what "evidence" near got L didn't. L was on light hills from long time ago from strict suspicious. all near had done is "guessing" that the new L is light and is kira, he may has guessed right, but that's not how you deduce a case, that's not how detective works. (check my death note manga comments, i remember extending on my posts about that)

near didn't managed to do what L had done. L was on the verge of catching misa and light with his last action, light just was prepared beforehand for that. near admitted himself that he was fooled by the fake DN, all that mello has achieved is revealing that he fooled by light actions, if not mikami had mistaken light would have won. so respectively speaking , light had won the psychological battle but lost the war, L would have suspicious of fake death note from the first time geovanny didn't saw shinigami, and probably wouldn't even done the yellow box plan. ohba managed that whole part done because of near stupidity.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 108 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Jul 9, 2007

55 by worldsfuckk »»
Apr 15, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 95 Discussion

GoldenDevilGamer - Nov 7, 2015

4 by worldsfuckk »»
Apr 13, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 7 Discussion

brucescrews - Mar 28, 2012

9 by iamupinacloud »»
Mar 15, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 1 Discussion

BlackAssassin - Oct 15, 2007

24 by STARbtw »»
Mar 14, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 9 Discussion

brucescrews - Mar 31, 2012

10 by Fleexyy »»
Feb 6, 3:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.