Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2015 4:10 AM
Mar 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I have to say those women look pretty good for zombies.
Too bad I'm not a necrophilia.

Whats up with that cockatrices (never heard of this creature before) looks like a big rooster.

So a Minitour and a maze the author must like Greek mythology but rapes women. hmnmnnm.

Good news everyone Skythewoodtranslation pick up the novel.
http://skythewood.blogspot.com.br/2015/10/GJ10.html

Bad news their in the middle of exam so next translation is in the middle of December

Now excuse me while I look for a hentai that involves a Minitour.
HELLSATANOct 31, 2015 7:00 AM
Nov 9, 2015 2:49 AM
Nov 9, 2015 10:44 AM

Dec 2008
HELLSATAN said:
Whats up with that cockatrices (never heard of this creature before) looks like a big rooster.

Because it is half bird (the only consistent part) and half snake/dragon/other reptile (this part varies greatly depending on the source). It originally comes from various European myths but is less known than other mythical creatures because of the inconsistencies in its description and names, currently most people know it only thanks to its many appearances in Final Fantasy series and many people who know it from there just assume that this is either some obscure creature from Japan myths or else that it was created for the game only.
Think of it as a sort of basilisk with chicken head. In some versions it can even petrify its victims by looking at them.
HELLSATAN said:
So a Minitour and a maze the author must like Greek mythology but rapes women. hmnmnnm.

Well... The original Minotaur was born because of a woman who had sex with a bull (sorry, I know it is squicky but that is how it was in Greek Mythology) so it having that sort of behavior wouldn't be that strange...
Damn. Itami! Move your Ass! Your Goddess is in serious danger!
HELLSATAN said:

You have weird tastes. Wouldn't looking for a hentai featuring Rory (minus minotaur) be a better idea? XD

Itami is indeed a man of knowledge, he took teachings of Great Nanoha about how to deal with a labyrinth to his heart XD

BTW - what did the did with Rory's halberd? I know it is too heavy for them but did they just left it stuck in that wall?
New profile design sucks.
Nov 9, 2015 12:16 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Well this chapter wasn't great but it was decent. It didn't have that kind of excitement as before.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Nov 9, 2015 12:29 PM

Nov 2011
Cockatrices are legendary/mythic creatures, not very reputable but still exists in fantasy stories. Same with Minotaurs.

Lol @ Yao.
When Rory gets back, someone's head is going to roll.
Nov 9, 2015 6:39 PM

Jul 2008
Cockatrices appear in fantasy RPG all the time!
..however, a zombie version is another story..

Damn it, i love this series.
Nov 9, 2015 11:25 PM

Jun 2009
Good thing the Cockatrice poison isn't absorbed through the skin...

So where's the necromancer in all this?
Nov 10, 2015 5:49 AM

Oct 2010
Slaughtering zombie beauties? Dayum what a waste haha! #dissapointnozombiewaifuaddedtoharem

Lets see what the minotaur is doing to rory :x
Nov 10, 2015 11:35 AM

Mar 2015
the maze builder must be roling in the graveyard now.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 10, 2015 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
Couldn't really focus on anything this chapter on account of Rori's lovely gash being visible when she falls. Gotta love this girls choice of underwear.

Not that I'm complaining, obviously.
Nov 10, 2015 6:40 PM
Oct 2012
I have thought since the beginning that in the end the gate world would have some connection to Itami's mind - i.e. his fantasies are what created the world. This idea has been reinforced time to time during the series, i.e. that the first three girls he met were, as his ex-wife pointed out, exactly the type of girls that Itami liked. This episode though really made this theory seem more probable. Twice this issue Rori commented on how well informed Itami was about what is, even in the gate world, mythical creatures.

Now granted nothing shown really would come as a surprise to someone who played D&D (including Cockatrices which most likely were the birds who clean the teeth of crocodiles sensationalized), so it isn't that Itami is special in any way, but Rori's reaction should, in any decent work, be foreshadowing something.

Maybe nothing will happen of it, but that was what I was thinking of while reading it. I also have the weird feeling that Hardy and Itami are related somehow. After all Hardy is certainly slacking on her job, isn't she?
Nov 11, 2015 2:49 AM
Mar 2010
[quote=Karharot]
HELLSATAN said:

HELLSATAN said:

You have weird tastes. Wouldn't looking for a hentai featuring Rory (minus minotaur) be a better idea? XD

Nah reading a hentai manga about a Minitaur raping random women is good you should try it.
Nov 12, 2015 4:09 PM

Dec 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
I have thought since the beginning that in the end the gate world would have some connection to Itami's mind - i.e. his fantasies are what created the world.

It could be the other way around - that the reality of Gate world is somehow seeping through into the mind of sensitive people on Earth in form of dreams and ideas and inspires them into creating myths and legends based on that. After all a lot of knowledge that Itami has about the other world circulated around on Earth for a loooong time before Itami was born.
Takuan_Soho said:
I also have the weird feeling that Hardy and Itami are related somehow. After all Hardy is certainly slacking on her job, isn't she?

It's because she is too busy chasing after Rory's ass to pay attention to anything else XD
Nov 12, 2015 11:44 PM
Jun 2013
Onikilla said:
Good thing the Cockatrice poison isn't absorbed through the skin...

So where's the necromancer in all this?

Yeah, seriously, good point. That mask really saved Itami.

igundam said:
Slaughtering zombie beauties? Dayum what a waste haha! #dissapointnozombiewaifuaddedtoharem

Lets see what the minotaur is doing to rory :x

Well, can't be helped. this isn't Sankarea.

Anyway, unless that minotaur is Zorzal's long lost cousin, I think Rory may be safe.

Personal thoughts.
1. Pffffft, (sarcastic tone in use) gee, a treacherous labyrinth, even the greatest heroes would be lost for years once they enter, what a terrible obstacle for Itami the Dragon Slayer..........oh wait, why not just use modern explosives and blow a few holes like a "real" hero would. Notably, Itami is finally in the "fantasy setting" he longed for as he is in a quest and killing monsters; sadly there are no "dropped items." There is only one thing, Itami is "cheating" by anachronistically using his military equipment; kind of wish there is a game where you can just blow holes into the dungeon walls. Now all that is missing is a lightsaber that can be used on the last boss.

2. Anyway, judging from Rory's lecture it seems she hasn't heard of organ donations; really wanted Itami to take samples of those Zombie girls. Really, I just hope Itami at least takes samples of all the fantasy creatures he kills; a giant killer chicken and minotaur, those are valuable DNA samples needed for cloning! Imagine a "Jurassic park" filled with fantasy creatures, or at least Chronic subcortical electrode implant on Dragons, the amount of possibilities!!! At least take some chicken meat for lunch!! I am wondering if anyone had cooked that Flame Dragon's meat.

3. Overall, this chapter feels too SHORT! But it can't be helped, resources need their arc. I am just curious if the people of Akusho remain ok. Hopefully a certain cook, along with the spies sent by the fantasy crimelords, hear about the upcoming coup, the JSDF need to act once they hear about this.

On the side note, it seems Yao is becomming more like Baby 5 from One Piece, she really wants to be "needed."
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Em68l4IMMJs
I did recall Tuka had sleeped with Itami while she was nude. For some reason I get the vibe that Yao would do the same.
greed2Nov 12, 2015 11:51 PM
Nov 14, 2015 4:09 AM
Mar 2010
greed2 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Em68l4IMMJs
I did recall Tuka had sleeped with Itami while she was nude. For some reason I get the vibe that Yao would do the same.

Itami you lucky bastard
Nov 14, 2015 10:48 PM
Nov 2012
WTF? Zorzal is taking over the Empire, and Itami is off on some lame dungeon crawl with zombies?

Is this in the LN, or did the manga crew lose the better writers, or what?
Nov 15, 2015 2:27 PM
Nov 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
I have thought since the beginning that in the end the gate world would have some connection to Itami's mind - i.e. his fantasies are what created the world.

If this whole thing turns out to be a dream sequence, that will be a real downer.
Nov 15, 2015 7:41 PM

Dec 2008
oldskoolpunk said:
WTF? Zorzal is taking over the Empire, and Itami is off on some lame dungeon crawl with zombies?

And why not? Zorzal isn't Itami problem. I mean, sure, we know that MC will be dragged into dealing with Zorzal somewhere down the line but for now the idiot prince is the problem of Japan diplomats and JSDF higher ups, it isn't like Itami is their only solution to every problem (in fact he is more of a rotten egg that they just want out of the picture because of how problematic he is).
Nov 16, 2015 3:20 AM
Mar 2010
Karharot said:
oldskoolpunk said:

And why not? Zorzal isn't Itami problem. I mean, sure, we know that MC will be dragged into dealing with Zorzal somewhere down the line but for now the idiot prince is the problem of Japan diplomats and JSDF higher ups, it isn't like Itami is their only solution to every problem (in fact he is more of a rotten egg that they just want out of the picture because of how problematic he is).

just go and assassinate the fucker beside everyone hates him aside from those idiots soldiers.
Nov 19, 2015 5:25 AM

Dec 2008
HELLSATAN said:
Karharot said:

just go and assassinate the fucker beside everyone hates him aside from those idiots soldiers.

I would be totally okay with that solution since he deserves it. Unfortunately it isn't really an option because if it ever leaked out to the other earth countries there would surely be some all to happy to join in and "defend" the oppressed Empire from Japan evil ways...
Nov 20, 2015 9:21 AM

Nov 2013
Interesting chapter. But there is one thing, that bothers me: what if the women aren't dead? The disease could have put them in a death-like rigidity and with their primitive medicine they wouldn't be able to recognise that. After some time they wake up. That wouldn't explain why they attack people, but maybe they are confused or delusional after their "sleep". It's just a theory and maybe I missed something, so feel free to correct me.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 21, 2015 4:03 AM

Dec 2008
TheBigGuy said:
Interesting chapter. But there is one thing, that bothers me: what if the women aren't dead? The disease could have put them in a death-like rigidity and with their primitive medicine they wouldn't be able to recognise that. After some time they wake up. That wouldn't explain why they attack people, but maybe they are confused or delusional after their "sleep". It's just a theory and maybe I missed something, so feel free to correct me.

They would not be immune to pain and so damn tough if that was the case. Also Rory commentes that their blood has a different pale color.
Nov 21, 2015 6:19 AM

Nov 2013
Karharot said:
TheBigGuy said:

They would not be immune to pain and so damn tough if that was the case. Also Rory commentes that their blood has a different pale color.

You're right. I forgot the thing with the blood color and the toughness. Looks like I was wrong.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 28, 2015 6:59 PM

Apr 2013
Well the resilience to pain could just be attributed to the coma state of mind but as you said they don't have any blood.

I can't believe they were so "detailed" with Rory's underwear. I was left perplexed that the artist was allowed to draw such "details".

I really hope we don't get any Rory x Minotaur scenes >_>

A climax is being build between Itami and Yao and the relationship that holds them together. Yao is trying to show that she wants to be with him and repay him in the ways that her culture and world has taught her to while Itami refuses becauses her way of doing things are incompatible with the values he brings from his own "modern" world.

Still I <3 Rory that Rory's situation over shadows w/e Yao is doing. Maybe that's how Yao feels, ignored and overshadowed in Itami's heart and mind by the other girls.
Dec 2, 2015 12:57 PM

Jun 2013
almost 1 month late huh..this was you get when you read great fantasy manga's that are updated once in a month.. not the most known ones by the way, mean stories like Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari, Tensei Shitara Slime and Gun Ota ga Mahou Sekai....they go break, you don't expect any other stories, if they are not like Shingeki no Kyojin, to get updated...

IS Tuka still calling Inami her father? I though that was already solved.

Good looking Hot Zombies? well....I rather see this kind of zombies, tough it makes shooting them if you don't have a will, more difficult.

So, Raising dead is nonlegal...Rory will kill you huh...Lol...disregard the Purpose of the labyrinth...but make it so that you are calling dinner Bells to monsters

Cockatrice,...march of the legendary monsters....Zombies, Cockatrice Minotaurus... this gets more and more interesting.

Yao falls even more into Itami!! X3 ...>.< was that Panty flash necessary?

Necessary talk between Itami and Yao...let's see what will happen

JarjaxleDec 3, 2015 3:21 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 3, 2015 3:36 AM

Jun 2013
Karharot said:
HELLSATAN said:

Because it is half bird (the only consistent part) and half snake/dragon/other reptile (this part varies greatly depending on the source). It originally comes from various European myths but is less known than other mythical creatures because of the inconsistencies in its description and names, currently most people know it only thanks to its many appearances in Final Fantasy series and many people who know it from there just assume that this is either some obscure creature from Japan myths or else that it was created for the game only.
Think of it as a sort of basilisk with chicken head. In some versions it can even petrify its victims by looking at them.
Well, I heard of them but never knew the Difference between them and Basiliks...well Basilisk can kill you with her gaze...
Karharot said:
HELLSATAN said:

Well... The original Minotaur was born because of a woman who had sex with a bull (sorry, I know it is squicky but that is how it was in Greek Mythology) so it having that sort of behavior wouldn't be that strange...
Damn. Itami! Move your Ass! Your Goddess is in serious danger!
and That Minotaurus was seeded because God Poseidon was an Asshole and Punished King of Crete Minos...Well Minos did not do what he promised to Poseidon...and that was to Sacrifice that White Bull to Poseidon
Karharot said:
HELLSATAN said:

Yeah...not in for Loli or Monster Sex..Yao x Itami Scene tough? Hmm X)

Karharot said:
Itami is indeed a man of knowledge, he took teachings of Great Nanoha about how to deal with a labyrinth to his heart XD

BTW - what did the did with Rory's halberd? I know it is too heavy for them but did they just left it stuck in that wall?

Yeah...easy way to get through Labyrinth...but at the same time...Like sounding a Dinner Bell to Monsters.
JarjaxleDec 3, 2015 3:45 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 3, 2015 7:03 PM

Dec 2008
Jarjaxle said:
Karharot said:

Well, I heard of them but never knew the Difference between them and Basiliks...well Basilisk can kill you with her gaze...

In most cases basilisk gaze also petrifies its targets. Whether being turned into stone counts as death depends on the setting and on how easily (if at all) the process can be reversed...
Jarjaxle said:
Karharot said:

and That Minotaurus was seeded because God Poseidon was an Asshole and Punished King of Crete Minos...Well Minos did not do what he promised to Poseidon...and that was to Sacrifice that White Bull to Poseidon

Whats more it was Poseidon's bull to begin with. And since Greek gods in general (with few exceptions) were Assholes it was a really stupid thing for Minos to do.
Jarjaxle said:
Karharot said:

Overlooking interpersonal relationships and individual preferences wouldn't Giselle x Yao action be the best? XD Personalities aside as far as "visual effects" go those two could contribute most to the scene XD
Karharot said:

Yeah...easy way to get through Labyrinth...but at the same time...Like sounding a Dinner Bell to Monsters.[/quote]
Well, the original strategy was about getting rid of the labyrinth and its inhabitants in one go, but since Itami lacks the ability to dish out small nuclear blasts he had to settle for solving it one problem at a time ;)
Dec 8, 2015 1:46 PM

Jun 2013
Karharot said:
Jarjaxle said:

In most cases basilisk gaze also petrifies its targets. Whether being turned into stone counts as death depends on the setting and on how easily (if at all) the process can be reversed...
Jarjaxle said:

Whats more it was Poseidon's bull to begin with. And since Greek gods in general (with few exceptions) were Assholes it was a really stupid thing for Minos to do.
Well Basic human...we get too Greedy and Think no one can punish us..Minos Reaped what he sow...and still got Position of Underworld Judge
Karharot said:
Jarjaxle said:

Overlooking interpersonal relationships and individual preferences wouldn't Giselle x Yao action be the best? XD Personalities aside as far as "visual effects" go those two could contribute most to the scene XD
Giselle...ah that other Apostel who was in..what 2 chapter most and got her ass kicked by missiles..
Karharot said:
Jarjaxle said:

Yeah...easy way to get through Labyrinth...but at the same time...Like sounding a Dinner Bell to Monsters.

Well, the original strategy was about getting rid of the labyrinth and its inhabitants in one go, but since Itami lacks the ability to dish out small nuclear blasts he had to settle for solving it one problem at a time ;)
Well this is Modern 21st Century and 2000s - 2010s decade....Foot Soldiers weapons are not in level where they can carry Nuclear Reactors or Missiles in their Suit.. XD And PERSONALLY Hope we never will

Dec 10, 2015 7:07 AM

Dec 2008
Jarjaxle said:
Karharot said:
Giselle...ah that other Apostel who was in..what 2 chapter most and got her ass kicked by missiles..

Yeah, that one. But I am not talking about her battle performance (which was not so bad considering how much firepower was dropped on top of her head) or intelligence (which is... lacking) but about her looks ;)
Jarjaxle said:
Karharot said:

Well this is Modern 21st Century and 2000s - 2010s decade....Foot Soldiers weapons are not in level where they can carry Nuclear Reactors or Missiles in their Suit.. XD And PERSONALLY Hope we never will

When the technology to pull it off will become available soldiers will be back to fighting with rocks and sharpened sticks XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Chapter 132 Discussion

dbaranyi - Apr 6

0 by dbaranyi »»
Apr 6, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Chapter 131 Discussion

dbaranyi - Mar 26

0 by dbaranyi »»
Mar 26, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Chapter 130 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 17

0 by dbaranyi »»
Feb 17, 7:35 PM

» Manga vs LN and almost finished ?

xnub - Aug 1, 2023

3 by lessfull »»
Jan 28, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Chapter 129 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jan 6

0 by dbaranyi »»
Jan 6, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.