Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 5, 2015 5:47 AM

Mar 2014
So people are still going to use this as fuel for their Lucy/Layla/Dimaria connection theory? Wonder why Brandish seems like she thinks Lucy left an impression on her? A reminder of someone perhaps?
Oct 5, 2015 6:08 AM

Oct 2015
This is all set up for Gildarts to comeback now and die. Here comes rage fuelled uncontrollable Natsu
Oct 5, 2015 6:10 AM

Aug 2014
TheGrandSage23 said:
So people are still going to use this as fuel for their Lucy/Layla/Dimaria connection theory? Wonder why Brandish seems like she thinks Lucy left an impression on her? A reminder of someone perhaps?

That's what I was wondering. When I read that all I could think was "She did nothing but fall out of Marin's space. How did that leave an impression?"
Oct 5, 2015 6:24 AM
Jul 2015
metsujin said:
Guess I'll put this on hold and read it when it reaches 500 chapters. Chapter was nice, but wanna read more~

I wish I could do that, but i don't have the patience...plus, spoilers
Oct 5, 2015 6:27 AM

Oct 2011
TheGrandSage23 said:

Am I the only one who think DiMaria looks NOTHING alike Lucy/Laya?
Literally aside from the hair color there's nothing that shows any connection with them, hell even their eyes aren't similar at all, I just don't understand this.

So according to MS scan there's actually not 3 but 6(SIX) of the Spriggans heading towards Magnolia, even if we get Gildarts and CS here they won't stand a chance, they need more guilds there.

Also it's really retarded how there's a "Nakama power next chapter" comment in every chapter discussion, since the very first "clash" with Brandish this happened and until now no Nakama power yet(YES WE KNOW IT WILL HAPPEN, BUT PLEASE STOP) and even after Ajeel got that punch from Natsu, nothing happened.
Oct 5, 2015 6:28 AM
Jul 2015
vikki7783 said:
There's no winning this? Lies. Don't forget about FT's strongest weapon, nakama power.

nakama power doesn't work when the enemy is THIS OP...it only gives the edge for more evenly matched opponents...
Oct 5, 2015 6:31 AM
Jul 2015
Maffy said:
Isterio said:
This is something the medium of Anime in general suffers from.
Even "critically aclaimed" shows that advertise themselves for their strategic battles are mostly not.Shikamaru from Naruto, the whole HxH series. Tactics in One Piece.They all boil down too. Oh that move you never used before, now you use it in combination with that other move you always use and it´s a great combination because the one is a feint.

To write about a strategic mastermind requires to be a strategic mastermind, most often the most basic of tactics were labeled genius although it just happened coincidentally to be the required tacitc while just being a traditional fightning method for the winning side.

Oh, Genghis Khan was a genius because he lit animals on fire and let them run through the enemie base and because he bribed his enemies footsoldiers.

The situation from the readers pov is always easy to explain, but to value such a tactical decision it always requires to be viewed from the pov of the character.
I agree though that Mavis especially is a very cheap version of that "genius tactician" archetype that so many Anime and Manga use.

For sure, FT is not the only series that is lacking true strategy, but there are enough others that work on tactics much better or at least they are not trying to pass someone as this great wow person, only to see they are useless. Hxh was great in utilizing this. The fights really had to do with someone's tactics and not how much you believe in friendship. Naruto started out much better, but ended up "getting more magical powers every month". Narsus from Arslan Senki is using strategy fine, or at least to a decent level to say that he is a good strategist.

I am not expecting for special schemes and such in a simple shounen (though that would be great), but at least keep up the pretenses for a bit longer. By now, every week that passes makes Mavis look worse and it is kind of insulting to the reader's intelligence.

Though ok, I know it's FT and my expectations are always low, but this felt too much in such a short time, I just had to share it.

To be fair, I don't care if you are the biggest genius in the world, the odds in this case are far too stacked against you. Lets put it this way - if you removed the spriggan 12 from the equation, Fairy Tail is still screwed...those underlings have shown to be trouble + sheer numbers...
Oct 5, 2015 6:39 AM

Aug 2014
-ZET- said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

Literally aside from the hair color there's nothing that shows any connection with them, hell even their eyes aren't similar at all, I just don't understand this.

So according to MS scan there's actually not 3 but 6(SIX) of the Spriggans heading towards Magnolia, even if we get Gildarts and CS here they won't stand a chance, they need more guilds there.

Also it's really retarded how there's a "Nakama power next chapter" comment in every chapter discussion, since the very first "clash" with Brandish this happened and until now no Nakama power yet(YES WE KNOW IT WILL HAPPEN, BUT PLEASE STOP) and even after Ajeel got that punch from Natsu, nothing happened.

"Once bitten, twice shy" I suppose. I'm a little on edge myself, which I dunno if that says more about me or the manga.
Oct 5, 2015 6:41 AM

Oct 2015
-ZET- said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

actually 3 of them are on magnolia and the rest (9) are on the way
Oct 5, 2015 6:43 AM

Jan 2015
gildarts will save the day and beat the 1 million army maybe. Either him or acnologia
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1
Oct 5, 2015 7:28 AM

Oct 2011
TheSinOfWrath said:

Oh wow, I actually went to check that and you're right, can't believe I missed that.

So all of the 12 are attacking Magnolia, either FT is going to be destroyed and then call for help or the help will arrive very soon, either way I'm hyped.
Oct 5, 2015 7:55 AM
Apr 2011
So...

When do we see Fairy Law?
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Oct 5, 2015 8:06 AM
Mar 2015
TheGrandSage23 said:

What theory, is every blonde possibly related to lucy? Her mom died just liek everyone else in fairy tail its not special

Brandish is here for her becasue zeref watches natsu and natsu is always paired up with her, so how do I make natsu angry enough to kill me..... its not hard to put together. Also Becasue her assistant is their with his spacelaw magic she cant use her spirits. So Lucy has been reduced to damsal

-ZET- said:
TheSinOfWrath said:

Oh wow, I actually went to check that and you're right, can't believe I missed that.

So all of the 12 are attacking Magnolia, either FT is going to be destroyed and then call for help or the help will arrive very soon, either way I'm hyped.

Thier is no helping them, the strongest wizards in the world are all here
excluding Gildarts ,the 4 saints (Jellal's team) Kagura,Mabey Minerva and the twin dragons even though we know they are much weaker then erza and co

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
rodacOct 5, 2015 11:40 PM
Oct 5, 2015 8:17 AM

Aug 2014
trump54 said:
-ZET- said:

Thier is no helping them, the strongest wizards in the world are all here
excluding Gildarts ,the 4 saints (Jellal's team) Kagura,Mabey Minerva and the twin dragons even though we know they are much weaker then erza and co

Well they can at least add numbers to help whittle down Alvarez's forces. The less energy FT spends on fodder the better. But yeah, there's a bit of a power balance issue when it comes to Fiore, in that roughly 90% of it is consolidated within Fairy Tail.
Oct 5, 2015 8:23 AM
May 2015
trump54 said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

What theory, is every blonde possibly related to lucy? Her mom died just liek everyone else in fairy tail its not special

Brandish is here for her becasue zeref watches natsu and natsu is always paired up with her, so how do I make natsu angry enough to kill me..... its not hard to put together. Also Becasue her assistant is their with his spacelaw magic she cant use her spirits. So Lucy has been reduced to damsal

Except Zeref doesn't know Lucy nor his relationship with her. Plus Marin isn't there. Brandish and Lucy are alone and your "damsel" jab doesn't sit well with me. She's a spriggan Lucy isn't. Doesn't matter how powerful Lucy has grown now she's not screwing with Brandish even blindfolded. If she fights gets her ass kicked then taken by someone clearly above her level then that's not a problem. Plus Lucy hasn't been captured since Phantom Lord

While I like Mavis she's acting like a rookie compared to Zeref. Too many mistakes

-Forgetting the dragon slayers nausea
- not knowing the enemy would've flanked them
- not taking precautions in case more fleets arrived
- not informing other guilds period nor the Saints(yea I know they know about the attack that's not the problem)

Granted it is practically a country vs one guild but that's the reason Mavis should've done more. Her plan was only decent for one small fleet at most

Also Brandish is passive aggressive. Regardless of what she thinks she's going to follow Zeref. That's just her personality. Makarov should at least help against the ground forces. Him and Mavis are not even acting like Guild Masters anymore. It's like the monstars from Space Jam took their talent and mojo. Once again I know it's practically a country vs a guild with the 12 Spriggans. Fear is understandable but at least be scared while kicking ass. You're guild masters for fucks sake. The guild feeds off you. Disappointed in both Makarov and Mavis this chapter

rodacOct 5, 2015 11:41 PM
Oct 5, 2015 8:28 AM

Aug 2014
Trentor11 said:
trump54 said:

Except Zeref doesn't know Lucy nor his relationship with her. Plus Marin isn't there. Brandish and Lucy are alone and your "damsel" jab doesn't sit well with me. She's a spriggan Lucy isn't. Doesn't matter how powerful Lucy has grown now she's not screwing with Brandish even blindfolded. If she fights gets her ass kicked then taken by someone clearly above her level then that's not a problem. Plus Lucy hasn't been captured since Phantom Lord

Actually GMG, but she was arrested. Then again since it was for something she didn't even agree to be apart of I'd say it was capturing.
Oct 5, 2015 8:28 AM
Mar 2015
Trentor11 said:
trump54 said:

Marin is there look again he is tiny remember
He doesnt need to know lucy all he has to know is that Natsu is always with lucy so she must be of some importance to him.
She is not a damsal for loosing a fight she cant win
but becasue she is almost certainly gonna be used as bait for natsu.

Wasnt she captured in the grand magic games
and in the star key arc (which is canon)
Oct 5, 2015 8:45 AM

Mar 2014
trump54 said:
Trentor11 said:

Marin is there look again he is tiny remember
He doesnt need to know lucy all he has to know is that Natsu is always with lucy so she must be of some importance to him.
She is not a damsal for loosing a fight she cant win
but becasue she is almost certainly gonna be used as bait for natsu.

Wasnt she captured in the grand magic games
and in the star key arc (which is canon)

"Natsu is always with Lucy" yet Zeref wouldn't know. Natsu and Zeref have only met twice and ironically Lucy was never with him. So unless there's a spy in the guild(doubt it) he wouldn't know. He may want Luce for another reason altogether. And with your reasoning Fairy Tail were damsels in Tartaros waiting for Lucy to pull their asses from the fire. And no she wasn't captured in the GMG arc. She was the one trying to save the FT verse from being screwed via dragons

AllenNoah said:
Actually GMG, but she was arrested. Then again since it was for something she didn't even agree to be apart of I'd say it was capturing.

The main group were all arrested. Not just Lucy

rodacOct 5, 2015 11:43 PM
Oct 5, 2015 9:33 AM

Jan 2014
RIP Fairy Tail
Oct 5, 2015 9:51 AM

Aug 2014
TheGrandSage23 said:
The main group were all arrested. Not just Lucy

Only because they went to save Lucy...who had been arrested/captured. Unless you wanna count Yukino too.
rodacOct 5, 2015 11:44 PM
Oct 5, 2015 10:39 AM

Feb 2012
Oh man the arc is heating up.

That fat magic guy is really good.
Oct 5, 2015 10:41 AM
May 2015
AllenNoah said:
Only because they went to save Lucy...who had been arrested/captured. Unless you wanna count Yukino too.

Again with that line of thought all of them were damsels in distress as were Mira Natsu and Erza in Tartaros and the guild again when Mard captured them
rodacOct 5, 2015 11:45 PM
Oct 5, 2015 12:05 PM

Jul 2014
Best girl Brandish being best girl.
"Hi!"
Oct 5, 2015 12:08 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
I think that Brandish will join Fairy Tail.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Oct 5, 2015 1:00 PM

Aug 2014
Trentor11 said:
Again with that line of thought all of them were damsels in distress as were Mira Natsu and Erza in Tartaros and the guild again when Mard captured them

Well...yeah, they were (well, except maybe Mira since the whole "Demonification" thing wasn't going to work anyways).
I don't see what that has to do with the argument. You said the last time Lucy was a DiD was Phantom, I and another poster pointed out a more recent arc. Natsu, Lisanna, Erza and Mira being captured is irrelevant.

Mod Note: Rather than continue building a quote pyramid, why not just quote the one new post you're responding to? Example above.
AllenNoahOct 6, 2015 4:57 AM
Oct 5, 2015 7:04 PM

May 2015
Jicetus said:
I think that Brandish will join Fairy Tail.

Why is everyone trying to get people to join fairy tail. If u havent noticed the only villian to join was phantom lord peeps and the last member to join was lilly (who i guess was also a villian but does a cat really count? Yes yes he does). Not saying it wont happen but its like u see someone not evil and say "he/she gonna join fairy tail
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Oct 5, 2015 11:49 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: If you make six posts in a row, don't be surprised if five of them are removed.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 6, 2015 12:14 AM

May 2015
impossible how to defeat one-or millions enemy

but in fairy tail, you know in first will be defeated and at last got a fuckin win
Oct 6, 2015 1:57 AM

Jul 2014
inb4 these 1 million 'enemies' are all 'allies'.

If some bullshit like that happens, I swear to God... I don't even know what I'd do. I just want more Brandish scenes.
"Hi!"
Oct 6, 2015 2:17 AM

May 2015
rodac said:
Mod Note: If you make six posts in a row, don't be surprised if five of them are removed.

Why? Not my fault no one else was on and they were all different responses to different posts so i couldnt combine them. Thats not being a troll thats called responding to posts, not trying to be mean but maybe u should think before you act and if u did maybe u should inform someone first, so they can explain why thats not being a troll to you.
KingAce261Oct 6, 2015 3:40 AM
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Oct 6, 2015 2:48 AM
Oct 2015
Oh well here we go again with the same flow of plot. But sucks we dont actually get tired of it. Still looking forward to Mirajane's actual display of skills not pure fanservice BS and all punch and kick BS.

And couldn't Scorpio of Lucy battle Ajel? Sand vs sand?
BashJGFBOct 6, 2015 2:52 AM
Oct 6, 2015 3:29 AM

Apr 2008
BashJGFB said:
Oh well here we go again with the same flow of plot. But sucks we dont actually get tired of it. Still looking forward to Mirajane's actual display of skills not pure fanservice BS and all punch and kick BS.

Ajeel has better control of Sand so that's a horrible idea
Oct 6, 2015 3:37 AM

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
BashJGFB said:

True. Oh u know what, since there are so many ships there should be a one piece cross over. The straw hats take out the entire army and ships and zoro can use haki to slice ajeel in half or better yet crocodile can fight him fir a sand vs sand
Oct 6, 2015 5:41 AM

Oct 2011
Darklight0303 said:
BashJGFB said:

Not only that, but as stated by Erza when fighting Laxus with her lightning empress armor,
"When 2 wizards of the same type clash, the factors that determine the outcome is whoever has the highest magical power, their technique and experience".(lets us ignore the "kokoro" part)

I doubt a celestial spirit is even near Ajeel level.
Oct 6, 2015 7:09 AM
Oct 2015
Fuck Nakama power and powerful speeches... If Mashima brings out that same shit it's gonna end up like the rest of the previous arcs. Now we're talkin bout the baddest, most evil mage. If FT, i mean Magnolia/Fiore was provided with reinforcements from other guilds, plus gildarts and other miraculous back up like crim sociere, there would still be not much hope for them. Even considering Mavis make use of Fairy Heart, this is still Zeref we're talkin bout. And he's clowly making Ishgar his playground. So Nakama shit isn't exactly the best option right now. We need Over Powered Magic from natsu lol... Really, one of the spriggans has the possibility of turning ishgar into NOTHING
Oct 6, 2015 7:39 AM
Oct 2015
eviltwenty said:
Fuck Nakama power and powerful speeches... If Mashima brings out that same shit it's gonna end up like the rest of the previous arcs. Now we're talkin bout the baddest, most evil mage. If FT, i mean Magnolia/Fiore was provided with reinforcements from other guilds, plus gildarts and other miraculous back up like crim sociere, there would still be not much hope for them. Even considering Mavis make use of Fairy Heart, this is still Zeref we're talkin bout. And he's clowly making Ishgar his playground. So Nakama shit isn't exactly the best option right now. We need Over Powered Magic from natsu lol... Really, one of the spriggans has the possibility of turning ishgar into NOTHING

yes yes agree! Imagine, Brandish alone can turn that whole battlefield into just 5 pebbles! (because 1 stone would be too op)
Oct 6, 2015 8:11 AM

Dec 2013
brandish will end up helping FT.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 6, 2015 9:24 AM
Mar 2015
-ZET- said:
Darklight0303 said:

Not only that, but as stated by Erza when fighting Laxus with her lightning empress armor,
"When 2 wizards of the same type clash, the factors that determine the outcome is whoever has the highest magical power, their technique and experience".(lets us ignore the "kokoro" part)

I doubt a celestial spirit is even near Ajeel level.

To be honest I feel as if all the celestial spirits aside from ( Aquarius , Loke and Virgo) Are no longer suitable for battle against the level of enemy's she faces since GMG part 2 Since Aquaruis power is only equal to Juvia ehh (thank god the star dress increases her own powe)r, which in turn boosts the power of the spirits but even then she must jsut barely be able at her max be able hold her own against a spriggan.

The CSK can only match Mard geer and I cant see her power surpassing his
Oct 6, 2015 10:39 AM

Oct 2011
trump54 said:
To be honest I feel as if all the celestial spirits aside from ( Aquarius , Loke and Virgo) Are no longer suitable for battle against the level of enemy's she faces since GMG part 2 Since Aquaruis power is only equal to Juvia ehh (thank god the star dress increases her own powe)r, which in turn boosts the power of the spirits but even then she must jsut barely be able at her max be able hold her own against a spriggan.

The CSK can only match Mard geer and I cant see her power surpassing his

Agreed, but to be honest I think that's very good for this arc, it just shows how stronger the enemy is this time and we needed something like this.

For me if even a single one of the Spriggan get solo'd it will literally kill all the hype for them and I'll be Tartaros all over again.

I don't want 2x1 or 3x1 but I really want something big like 5x1 against those 12, since the hype that Mashima has been giving us is ridiculously high right now and he keeps pushing further and further.
Oct 6, 2015 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
smh erza is so nerfed right now, it's not even funny :(
Did she lose half her brain cells and power during the timeskip?

This better only be fairy tail, cause if it's the whole ishgar this is pathetic.
Gildartz will solo one side.
alot of battleships will arrive as reinforcement from aother guilds.
And alot of ishgar high rollers are still to arrive.
Oct 7, 2015 6:38 AM

Aug 2014
Question: Did it ever say how much time passed between Makarov's rescue and the invasion? Until I know I can't fully judge the strategy used here.
Oct 7, 2015 7:08 AM
Mar 2015
AllenNoah said:
Question: Did it ever say how much time passed between Makarov's rescue and the invasion? Until I know I can't fully judge the strategy used here.

I feel like it has been one nioght. Which is not enough time but suspension of disbelief I guess
Oct 8, 2015 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
Dat Mavis face at last page tho.

;-;
Oct 8, 2015 8:15 AM

Aug 2014
trump54 said:
AllenNoah said:

I feel like it has been one nioght. Which is not enough time but suspension of disbelief I guess

If that's true, than I'm surprised they were even able to get this defense ready in one night. Mainly the Jupiter cannon. They must've gotten it in preparation because if they had it beforehand (say after Phantom Arc) it would've likely been:
a) sold to cover the debt over the 7 yr timeskip.
b) destroyed in the explosion during the Tartaros Arc or
c) taken by some form of authority after Fairy Tail disbanded (because yeah, let's let an unaffiliated mage carry around a wmd with him).
Oct 8, 2015 8:19 AM

Mar 2015
There is no way Fairy Tail will win -_-
Oct 8, 2015 8:25 AM

Apr 2008
AllenNoah said:
trump54 said:

If that's true, than I'm surprised they were even able to get this defense ready in one night. Mainly the Jupiter cannon. They must've gotten it in preparation because if they had it beforehand (say after Phantom Arc) it would've likely been:
a) sold to cover the debt over the 7 yr timeskip.
b) destroyed in the explosion during the Tartaros Arc or
c) taken by some form of authority after Fairy Tail disbanded (because yeah, let's let an unaffiliated mage carry around a wmd with him).

The cannon is inside a forest not inside the city. So it was likely stashed away there thus avoiding detection and getting caught up in Magnolia gettting wrecked by Tartarus
Oct 8, 2015 6:13 PM

Jun 2012
YEEART said:

If some bullshit like that happens, I swear to God... I don't even know what I'd do.

Worry not, the other guilds will pull a last minute save next chapter. Perhaps best girl Kagura will be able to put in work
Oct 8, 2015 7:22 PM
Mar 2014
WTB Makarov's Fairy Law.
Oct 8, 2015 10:23 PM

Dec 2013
Kaimon said:
YEEART said:

If some bullshit like that happens, I swear to God... I don't even know what I'd do.

Worry not, the other guilds will pull a last minute save next chapter. Perhaps best girl Kagura will be able to put in work

I hope some one will slice up her clothes well. :)
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 9, 2015 4:09 AM

Jun 2008
I don't know what the hell you people are talking about. I just can't get past the cover page. But that is enough for me to call best chapter. ^_^
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.