Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 5, 2016 9:49 AM
Jul 2015
Zefyris said:
5) Danmachi's adaptation didn't simply "skip details". it was one of the most rushed anime adaptation of the last few years. Not the worse (thanks god for that, as the worst was really ridiculous), but definitely among the bad ones on that point. This also includes real mistakes done by the anime studio that are going to weight heavily on any new season.

7) Bell being the most interesting character or whatever is personal opinion.

Reply to:
5) Yes, they should re-do the whole thing from the start... Maybe not "change" what they have already done, but "add" parts in it... So they won't really be "re-do"-ing it... They'll just do "some" then "add"... Synch it.

7) Zzzz.... "Personal Opinions" don't really matter here... It's the author's choice to "choose" the MC.
the MC's story, the path he takes, whether physically, mentally, spiritually, moral path. The changes that occurs to the MC. The realizations that he comes to through his experiences... That is the Main Point of the story. Everyone else is there to "support"/ help us understand where the MC is coming from, why and how MC is going in this direction etc;,

The other characters. Well, they are "character"'s in their own right. But they are not the MC... Main... They exist purely for their "relationship" and "ties" and "influence" that they affect on the MC. If they had nothing to do with the MC, then they simply wouldn't be in the story.

Some characters in the story might not even meet the MC. But somehow he still "affects" some things that happens to the MC. Maybe he affects some other character, whom later interacts with the MC. Or he affects some "rules"/"landscape" or whatever else, that the MC later comes in contact with...

MC is the Main point... Doesn't matter if you "like" him the most or not... He's most "important".

Without the MC, the story would be like a "body" without it's "beating heart".
A "corpse" could still be beautiful and still attract others...

No matter how much you guys like the Side Story and all that fandom; without the MC, it's still a "dead" story. There would be no "life" in it.
Jun 5, 2016 9:55 AM
Jul 2015
nastyolroshi said:
About the English part and being a grammar nazi I'm gonna have to disagree, I more or less told the user in a friendly manner (at first, because later on he modified his messages and enraged me) to avoid using [""] that often. I honestly couldn't tell if he was quoting me or using it sarcastically. I didn't comment on his sentences or anything else.

Yes, in your Very Educational Mind, [""] defines English grammar....

If a person didn't know how to use [""], then their English grammar Must be Non-Existent... Of course i understand...

Because, the only thing you know about English grammar is, how to use [""];...

No wonder you think the Side Story is better than the Main.... Just like you think knowing how to use [""] is more important that knowing the Language itself....
Jun 5, 2016 9:59 AM

Oct 2015
@Commentator1

Dude can you please stop replying to my comments? We exchanged messages for a bit and that's it. Go find someone else to bother. I don't give a rat's ass about you.
"Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!"
Jun 5, 2016 10:14 AM
Jul 2015
nastyolroshi said:
@Commentator1

Dude can you please stop replying to my comments? We exchanged messages for a bit and that's it. Go find someone else to bother. I don't give a rat's ass about you.

Haha... Asking someone to "stop replying" while "replying" yourself... Makes sense, in your "knows English grammar", smart brain?

I don't need any "rats ass" from you... Keep it to yourself... What a "rat's ass"... (the definition of that word is you).
Jun 5, 2016 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
Commentator1 said:
Zefyris said:
5) Danmachi's adaptation didn't simply "skip details". it was one of the most rushed anime adaptation of the last few years. Not the worse (thanks god for that, as the worst was really ridiculous), but definitely among the bad ones on that point. This also includes real mistakes done by the anime studio that are going to weight heavily on any new season.

7) Bell being the most interesting character or whatever is personal opinion.

Reply to:
5) Yes, they should re-do the whole thing from the start... Maybe not "change" what they have already done, but "add" parts in it... So they won't really be "re-do"-ing it... They'll just do "some" then "add"... Synch it.

7) Zzzz.... "Personal Opinions" don't really matter here... It's the author's choice to "choose" the MC.
the MC's story, the path he takes, whether physically, mentally, spiritually, moral path. The changes that occurs to the MC. The realizations that he comes to through his experiences... That is the Main Point of the story. Everyone else is there to "support"/ help us understand where the MC is coming from, why and how MC is going in this direction etc;,

The other characters. Well, they are "character"'s in their own right. But they are not the MC... Main... They exist purely for their "relationship" and "ties" and "influence" that they affect on the MC. If they had nothing to do with the MC, then they simply wouldn't be in the story.

Some characters in the story might not even meet the MC. But somehow he still "affects" some things that happens to the MC. Maybe he affects some other character, whom later interacts with the MC. Or he affects some "rules"/"landscape" or whatever else, that the MC later comes in contact with...

MC is the Main point... Doesn't matter if you "like" him the most or not... He's most "important".

Without the MC, the story would be like a "body" without it's "beating heart".
A "corpse" could still be beautiful and still attract others...

No matter how much you guys like the Side Story and all that fandom; without the MC, it's still a "dead" story. There would be no "life" in it.

5 - except if we're getting a 4 cours+ adaptation (very unlikely in this days and ages unfortunately) this is probably NOT going to happen, already explained to you why. Would be a bad move that would piss off the fans more than anything else.

7) Annnnnnd finding the MC interesting and liking him or not is the readers/watchers choice and only them. Also, lots of stories don't simply revolve around the MC. In danmachi, lots of happening have nothing to do with Bell at all.
If you didn't notice, we hear in Danmachi a lot about things the Loki familia do, but we never see it nor know any detail. There is a whole plot intricate here.
As a reminder, where was that 2h sword Bell used near the end of the anime coming from? Why was the loki familia stopping by on the 18th floor due to poison at that time as well ? What happened at the beginning of the main story with Loki familia, forcing them to return to the surface far earlier than in schedule? And so on like that. there is two stories interacting each other. As such, the Loki familia is as much of a main character than Bell in this story, as from their point of view if placed at the center, bell simply exist to interact with them.
Anyway, lots of time the MC isn't the main point of the story at all.
Take gosick. The MC exists to interact with Victorique if we follow your reasoning. Take kyoukaisenjou no Horizon. Tons of characters are interacting with each others rather than interacting with the MC. Tons of them have never ever encountered the MC yet are really important. And no, the impact they received from him is negligible at best. And most readers/watchers have their favourite in other characters than the so-called "MC designed by the author".

So no, that's a really narrow point of view. There is tons of romances in Danmachi that have nothing to do with Bell. You could say than the MC is simply the "camera" used to see the story. Nothing more.
Jun 5, 2016 12:51 PM
Jul 2015
Zefyris said:
5 - except if we're getting a 4 cours+ adaptation (very unlikely in this days and ages unfortunately) this is probably NOT going to happen, already explained to you why. Would be a bad move that would piss off the fans more than anything else.

7) Annnnnnd finding the MC interesting and liking him or not is the readers/watchers choice and only them.

5- You said how it was "rushed". Well, re-do is a way to redeem that.
Whether that would "piss of the fans" or not; we don't know... It's clear that you would be though.

On somethings you say "would piss off the fans", as if the "fans" includes only you... And on other issues like "liking the MC", you say it's everyone's opinion, and it's different yada yada ya... (So "the fans", are not people?)

What's up with the inconsistencies? Also in your earlier post, your 5) showed problems with the animation, that a "re-do" would fix. That's why i was replying to your 5th comment... Not that you didn't "explain" how you disagree with "re-do"... Basically another inconsistency. (Self-Contradictions)

Also if people don't like the MC, then that means they don't like the anime/manga/novel... So I guess, i don't care about the people, who don't like the anime... As I am talking on this post, about a possible Season 2 or even a re-do.

So, why do people who don't like the MC, talking here? Either they have too much free time and nothing else better to do. Or they like the MC, but just arguing for the "sake" of arguing.

Really, your example is Log Horizon?... The MC is basically affected by everyone in the series, and also "affects" everyone in the series; wise versa.

It's not about physically meeting and talking... It's that their actions "affect" the MC, through a "ripple effect". If what they did, never got to affect to something that does reach the MC; then they wouldn't be in the story, period.

I'm not asking about "many examples". I'm only asking for just 1 example, of a character, that never affected the MC. Name just 1, and i will acknowledge what you're saying. But there's no character like that ever.

Side stories are always there, to "explain" and/ or "support" the main story. Otherwise it's called a "Filler"!

If you're saying a filler's better than the main story... You're nuts.
Jun 5, 2016 1:58 PM

Apr 2013
Commentator1 said:
Zefyris said:

7) Annnnnnd finding the MC interesting and liking him or not is the readers/watchers choice and only them.

5- You said how it was "rushed". Well, re-do is a way to redeem that.
Whether that would "piss of the fans" or not; we don't know... It's clear that you would be though.

On somethings you say "would piss off the fans", as if the "fans" includes only you... And on other issues like "liking the MC", you say it's everyone's opinion, and it's different yada yada ya... (So "the fans", are not people?)

What's up with the inconsistencies? Also in your earlier post, your 5) showed problems with the animation, that a "re-do" would fix. That's why i was replying to your 5th comment... Not that you didn't "explain" how you disagree with "re-do"... Basically another inconsistency. (Self-Contradictions)

Also if people don't like the MC, then that means they don't like the anime/manga/novel... So I guess, i don't care about the people, who don't like the anime... As I am talking on this post, about a possible Season 2 or even a re-do.

So, why do people who don't like the MC, talking here? Either they have too much free time and nothing else better to do. Or they like the MC, but just arguing for the "sake" of arguing.

Really, your example is Log Horizon?... The MC is basically affected by everyone in the series, and also "affects" everyone in the series; wise versa.

It's not about physically meeting and talking... It's that their actions "affect" the MC, through a "ripple effect". If what they did, never got to affect to something that does reach the MC; then they wouldn't be in the story, period.

I'm not asking about "many examples". I'm only asking for just 1 example, of a character, that never affected the MC. Name just 1, and i will acknowledge what you're saying. But there's no character like that ever.

Side stories are always there, to "explain" and/ or "support" the main story. Otherwise it's called a "Filler"!

If you're saying a filler's better than the main story... You're nuts.

5 No, I wouldn't be, because I'm not a fan, and because I can read japanese and I'm a bookworm, so reading is fine with me, I don't need anime to know what happens next, I already know.

But this would piss off peoples waiting for a second season for several years just to have it being a reboot that wouldn't go any further, yes. Anime fans mostly care about Hestia's boobs and fights in this, and you wouldn't really get any more of that (a little more fight, yes, but that's it) by a reboot.

Yes, I said that the anime was a bad adaptation because it's true. Unfortunately, that bad adaptation is already done. i'm not saying I don't want a reboot, I'm saying you that it's very unlikely.

The self contradictions are only in your mind because you think that I'm a fan. I don't dislike it because if that was the case obviously I wouldn't read the novels, but I don't care at ALL for the anime so I'm neutral on that point.
So from my point of view the anime was lacking, but I don't think it'll ever get a reboot, and I don't think that would be a good idea commercially-wise, just like almost every single lacking adaptation out there.

7- Danmachi isn't just the MC's story, there's lot of likeable characters in the cast. You can like Danmachi without especially liking the MC himself.
Not log horizon, kyoukaisenjou no horizon. Completely different level of literature here. Not that I don't appreciate what Log Horizon's author is doing mind you, just that kyoukaisenjou no Horizon is on level of its own for several reasons.

Everyone's is affecting everyone's is yo ugo that way. So MC-kun isn't any more important on that point. Seriously, a story isn't just the MC, that's so narrow viewed, so reductive that's saddening. You certainly need to read more to broaden your views on storytelling. you can have a story without a MC you know? That shows that a MC isn't even mandatory in a story. You'll always have side characters, but not always a MC :).

Really? just one? In Danmachi you mean ?Goibniu never influenced Bell and never had any influence from him either. Good luck with your ripple effect because even that isn't going to be easy.

That's a narrow view on side stories, really. Railgun 's 2 novels as well as the manga are more enjoyable and interesting than almost all the volumes of the main series.
Surely some peoples will not agree to this, but that doesn't change my point, because it's that: it depends on your personal opinion and that's it, nothing absolute here.
ZefyrisJun 5, 2016 2:03 PM
Mar 15, 2017 7:26 PM
Mar 2017
i think it will have season 2 and be patient and wait .I have rumors that it will release in april or may
such a good anime right
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.