Forum Settings
Forums

'Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans' Main Cast Announced

New
Aug 23, 2015 4:19 PM

Feb 2014
A promotional video shown at the CharaHobby 2015 event held on August 22 has announced the main cast members for the upcoming Gundam project by Sunrise.

Cast
Mikazuki Augus: Kengo Kawanishi
Orga Itsuka: Yoshimasa Hosoya (Arslan Senki (TV))
Biscuit Griffon: Natsuki Hanae (Aldnoah.Zero)
Eugene Seven Stark: Yuuichirou Umehara (Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!)
Norba Shino: Taishi Murata (Baby Steps)
Akihiro Altland: Yasuaki Takumi (Plastic Memories)
Takaki Uno: Kouhei Amasaki
Ride Mass: Mutsumi Tamura (Tiger & Bunny)
Yamagi Gilmerton: Soma Saito (Rokka no Yuusha)
Kudelia Aina Bernstein: Yuka Terasaki (Ore Monogatari!!)
Atra Mixta: Hisako Kanemoto (Suisei no Gargantia)
McGillis Fareed: Takahiro Sakurai (Diamond no Ace)
Gaelio Bauduin: Masaya Matsukaze (Ouran Koukou Host Club)

The original project will air on October 4 and will be directed by Nagai Tatsuyuki (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun). Okada Mari (Aquarion Evol) is in charge of series composition. Chiba Michinori (Mobile Suit Gundam 00) will be designing the characters, and Masaru Yokoyama (Arakawa Under the Bridge) will compose the music.

Source: Mantan Web
myanimelistllcFeb 11, 2016 1:48 AM

Aug 23, 2015 4:33 PM

Jul 2010
mugi said:
Art and music seem fine but I don't like the character designs at all. Still, apparently no CGI so it might be one the AU Gundam shows I'll watch. I'd rather have Sunrise to focus more on UC rather than some random merch seller shows. Staff and cast don't seem interesting as well. I'll prepare for some shoe-horned drama.

Yeah, the character design looks pretty meh. Not sure yet if I'll watch this weekly or wait for it to finish and then marathon it.
Aug 23, 2015 4:37 PM

Mar 2008
So many characters, will it be a good ol' bloodbath?

mugi said:
I'd rather have Sunrise to focus more on UC rather than some random merch seller shows.
Hasn't (early) UC always been an important toy seller though? And what's there to focus on in UC - more manga and novel adaptations, or do you mean for them to push the timeline past Victory?
Aug 23, 2015 4:46 PM

Nov 2011
I wonder how many episodes this will be?

Neat cast though and I like like the music choice in the PV.
Aug 23, 2015 4:47 PM

Nov 2008
Ckan said:

mugi said:
I'd rather have Sunrise to focus more on UC rather than some random merch seller shows.
Hasn't (early) UC always been an important toy seller though? And what's there to focus on in UC - more manga and novel adaptations, or do you mean for them to push the timeline past Victory?

Advance of Z has an LN that needs adapting, Ecole du ciel and Gundam Sentinel as well.

Aug 23, 2015 4:48 PM

Nov 2008
Stark700 said:
I wonder how many episodes this will be?

Neat cast though and I like like the music choice in the PV.

Hopefully at least 40, 26 does not do for a TV Gundam series.

Aug 23, 2015 4:53 PM

May 2015
Not liking the cartoonish character designs. Something semi-dark like Gundam should have a more realistic style

11/10 no CGI gundams

Aug 23, 2015 5:28 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
Ckan said:

Advance of Z has an LN that needs adapting, Ecole du ciel and Gundam Sentinel as well.

a O Z is not light novel persay is full ledht novel much like F 91 is
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 23, 2015 5:30 PM
Mar 2011
okada mari well this s going to be 7 at best [ if i was goign to rate using a tradtion system]
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 23, 2015 5:31 PM

Jul 2013
The fujoshi power will be strong with this one. Shirtless manly dudes piloting sweaty mechas linked by iron-blooded bonds lol. The seiyuu for the MC also seems like he could make it big in the future just like Osaka Ryota and Saito Soma.

I kinda like the character designs here. Story is never the strong point of Gundam so I think it will be fine as long as they don't fuck it up too much. Let's hope this will be 4-cour, whether it's split-cour like 00 or not.

Aug 23, 2015 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
Well the guy that looks like Guts is pretty cool looking. Not sure about the other characters. Looks good though. First Gundam t.v. series since 00 that looks promising.
Aug 24, 2015 6:05 AM

Jan 2013
These char designs are really awkward and dumb looking.

Also expected more strange names from Tomino. Only Sir Biscuit Griffon stands out
Aug 24, 2015 6:27 AM

Jan 2015
I absolutely hate mecha but this one looks promising, i like the character desings and
TestSubject7 said:

11/10 no CGI gundams

Most likely 2 cours. i'll watch this anime just for the muscles and for the manservice
The cast is pretty good i guess
Aug 24, 2015 4:42 PM

Oct 2010
I'm not really optimistic but this might be entertaining the way a epic train wreck is.
Aug 25, 2015 7:42 AM
Jul 2014
mugi said:
Art and music seem fine but I don't like the character designs at all. Still, apparently no CGI so it might be one if the few the AU Gundam shows I'll watch. I'd rather have Sunrise to focus more on UC rather than some random merch seller shows. Staff and cast don't seem interesting as well. I'll prepare for some shoe-horned drama.

What a stupid reason especially since all AU Gundam have been animated in 2D
Sep 1, 2015 8:13 PM

Sep 2011
Ckan said:

mugi said:
Gundam is a franchise that wouldnt even be a franchise had it not been for pushing toys that made zeta happen, I love this franchise but you have to pull the wool over your eyes not to see that all of them including old UC and current ones have a large intention to sell toys. Honestly this one so far has put way more focus illustrating its world and characters rather than show off the merchandising of its mech designs so im not sure how someone can even think this one is more toy centric than others.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 2, 2015 1:14 AM

Jul 2007
Okada Mari being involved = NOPENOPENOPE not in a million years.

More topics from this board

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
2 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
5 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.