Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 20, 2008 5:02 PM

Jan 2008
Oh boy, they're really going ahead with it.

Via CHUD:

CHUD said:
Warner Bros. The studio, which had previously announced a live action adaptation of the story, has said that they're going to do two movies, with each encompassing three books of the six book manga.

CHUD said:
directed by newbie Ruairi Robinson, who has helmed short films and commercials, and with a script by Gary Whitta, who has the unproduced screenplay The Book of Eli under his belt

CHUD said:
(set in New Manhattan, not New Tokyo, by the way)

Discuss.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 20, 2008 5:02 PM
Feb 2008
.....mai branesplod
Feb 20, 2008 5:11 PM

Sep 2007
Whoa, I've read the announcement of the adaption in a 2003 magazine... it... just now been confirmed 100%? Along with DBZ?

Wait, Manhattan? Really?

Oct 15, 2008 2:37 PM

Nov 2007
(set in New Manhattan, not New Tokyo, by the way)

I. Fuckin. Lol'd.
They are neither plants nor animals.
They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they resemble the primeval body of life and are generally known as Mushi. Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited number of humans are aware of them.
Apr 2, 2009 11:31 AM

Mar 2008
Lame.
Feb 10, 2010 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
Woah, new update: The Hughes Brothers Negotiating Deal to Direct the Live-Action Akira Remake.

This is unexpected. Evidently Warner Bros. really liked what Albert and Allen Hughes did with The Book of Eli, because the brothers are reportedly finalizing a deal to direct the long-discussed live-action adaptation of Katsuhiro Otomo’s manga Akira. Originally floated in early 2008 as a two-part film to be directed by Ruairi Robinson, the films were put off by the WGA strike, then the scripts took forever to crack and the project was reported dead. In September of last year the Akira remake was said to be alive and well, and that brings us to this interesting point. Did the Hughes Brothers show the proper chops in The Book of Eli to pull this off?

Vulture has the news, and says that the plan is once again to make two films, the better to cram in all of the six-volume graphic novel’s complexity. (Recall if you will that the animated film was produced and released before the serial manga had finished publication, and was written with a different final act.) Vulture says the first film is due out next year, which is a quick turnaround for what seems like a huge project.

Interesting. Of course I'm still wary, but at least the Hughes Brothers have talent, and we might see the latter half of the manga adapted for the first time ever.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akira Chapter 120 Discussion

linkjoker - Apr 17, 2017

17 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 116 Discussion

GurschachX - Dec 6, 2023

1 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 113 Discussion

GurschachX - Dec 6, 2023

3 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 2:50 AM

» Akira ending

Jacky08 - Feb 14

3 by Jacky08 »»
Feb 16, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 110 Discussion

GurschachX - Dec 6, 2023

1 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 3, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.