Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 15, 2017 5:08 PM

Jun 2017
Love it. But they could have ended it better and made a 13 episode just about Yamada and Shiraishi.
Dec 22, 2017 12:27 PM

Jul 2015
I liked the ending, Yamada did the right thing in the end, motivated by his love for Shiraishi and friendship.
Jan 19, 2018 8:24 PM

Sep 2013
Loved the first half of the series, but the second half really blew it. It was still a pleasant watch so 7/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 26, 2018 12:45 AM

Sep 2012
how can some woman be so dumb, she said i love some1 else how was Yamada suppose to get that she meant him or it translation bad & she just said she already loves some1, but even then its impossible to get that she meant Yamada, hes not a mind reader

Urara u sly dog, u just wanted to kiss him (power test was excuse) lol

Vi- said:
The end was a little disappointing but the anime as an overall was a 7/10

Sugram22Jan 26, 2018 1:19 AM
Mar 7, 2018 4:37 AM

Sep 2017
Seems so rushed, don't you think? Anyway, the ending really sucked. But atleast the MC got with the heroine, so that's a plus, right?

I expected more from this, but seems that this is all we are gonna get.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 18, 2018 12:39 PM

May 2016
Too bad it ended so quickly I mean 247 chapters into 12 episodes is just a big crime.
and they didn't kiss properly at the end well but at least they confessed that's the most important thing. 7/10
Sep 15, 2018 12:56 PM

Apr 2009
rush! rush! rush!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2018 2:56 PM
Apr 2018
I couldn't care less about the manga, with that being said I think the anime's pacing was good, maybe that manga was dragged for too long.

Nice ending although this series needed more Leona fansevice! 10/10 waifu.
Mar 7, 2019 2:56 AM
Oct 2018
Having read manga before resuming with the series. Of course it was dissappointing that the entire thing was rushed and that there won't be a continuation to the actual ending, but hey, ya can't always get what ya want :/
May 26, 2019 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
The Erasing of Memories... a concept that has always eluded any character's understanding, and makes those watch them get erased experience different emotions, like in Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, with Kaede, and in A Certain Magical Index with that one main character I don't remember the name of. At times, it can be as confusing and elusive as time travel, like Kimi no Na Wa, ERASED, and Iroduku: The World in Colors. Sometimes, it can be the equivalent to the death of a character and make you go through feelings like the ones from Angel Beats, Plastic Memories, and Clannad. Those are my thoughts on these things. BUT, HEY! THAT JUST MY OPINION! AN ANIME OPINION!
Dec 1, 2019 6:58 PM

Aug 2017
I didn't expect that Yamazaki was Leona's friend and a member of the Supernatural Studies Club lol.

Overall, it was a good show despite pacing issues. Nice. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 3, 2020 2:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very very great anime I loved it so much I just wish it was longer 9/10
Mar 31, 2020 10:52 PM

Aug 2018
Man... wtf? This could have been so much better! I don't read manga, but it's very clear just by watching it that the source material is good and the adaptation was borked.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 6, 2020 9:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
An okay rated for this one rushed animes season i ever watched. I gonna put this into an averaging rate, referring some part felt missing toward this whole series. I wont complain, this is how the studio wanna adapt the source material. Gladly they end this with nice and solid situation. I mean, the point is clearly understandable to finished the story: get rid the magic power, losing their power mean your life come to normal, and everything back to zero, but their relationship, friendship, even their enemies come as one too. Thats some nice ending i ever see to finish this flash show.

No joke, i definitely enjoy this until the half part, then when the premonition magic power reveal, it suddenly become blurred. The enjoyment get lowerred in every second the episode continue. I smiled, this is how the series turn to make me believed the whole situation in some short season. I laughed, even their huge characterization can not developed well, i can't stop wathing them. And the end coming with no break, suddenly appear, and finished the entire story. Yet, Yamada-kun and his Seven Witches really bring me a little joy, not much, still enough to fill my day. Clearly, Manga much better than this, but still, this is ever called a PV rather than an adaptation.

Once again, the 7 point still enough to payback the little effort studio try to make this adaptation. To be precise, this show at some point will take place near and below the 5 point by me till the 11 episodes. When they decide the ending essentially happen like that, i truely restate my judgement. I raise up a bit, to 6. And then, since their VA and music feel amazing by me, i decide to raising my point again. Then, 7 point take my absolute mind, pointing my finger to this whole series. This is conclude OVA, which i believe it just a side story to prevent more negative impact for the series, thats some good movement there i say.

Okay, its over. Thank you for making this adaptation. Surely will watch this again in the future, if someone ever mention this again or i bored myself and suddenly remembering this show. But, its possibility lower than Nami rating here. So yeah, be blessed!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 27, 2020 10:09 PM

Feb 2018
It was really really rushed but I enjoyed it a lot, especially the comedy and dramatic reactions lol x]

I didn't take pics of them all but the curry party one had my stomach hurting and scrunching my face lmao

but my favourite favourite part is with Leona and Yamazaki... it was so sad/bittersweet, she came to see him again before letting go..

was like a different anime lol, because they rushed it at the end the scene became less impactful but I actually didn't watch it all in one go and stopped after that scene and came back a day later.

Unrelated but makes me fantasize a bit even though I'm a pretty cynical/realistic person, like I wonder if lovers/soulmates remember each other from past lives in feeling or something

ArtreyuJun 27, 2020 10:17 PM
Jun 28, 2020 12:21 AM

Feb 2018
I almost forgot!! This was also "x]"

Bye-Bee~!
Jul 22, 2020 4:13 PM

May 2017
Almost nothing for girls , outside of their own part, they are completly hiden

The flyîng kick girl didnt even got her part

The anime ended with no power left , meaning no second season

Rin chan got forgoten , i know she would't be able to team with them , but i was hoping it could hapens

Then theres all thoses story hole but its about manga , not anime
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Aug 9, 2020 7:11 AM

Apr 2009
So, he used the whole plot to erase itself. How clever and original and never done before.
Oct 2, 2020 8:38 AM
Apr 2020
I liked this anime. I needed a second season 🙂❤
Jan 17, 2021 9:03 PM

Jul 2019
The series was a lot of fun but could've been better it they had more time to develop the last few arcs. Either way I'll still give it an 8 since its hilarious at times
Feb 2, 2021 3:27 AM

May 2020
Really enjoyable series, it had me laughing all the way through. Even to a non-manga reader like me, however, it did feel considerably rushed, which was especially apparent in the second half of the show. Although the show was confusing at times, I really ended up liking every single one of the characters and I thought overall the plot was always interesting and I enjoyed the comedy elements. Overall I think it's an 8/10 for me, but that may change and I'll be reading the manga for sure!
May 31, 2021 10:06 AM

May 2015
Re-watching this for the first time in like 5 years was really nice. It's so cute watching it when you have the pre-existing knowledge that Shiraishi loves Yamada throughout the entire series since the beginning.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 3, 2021 2:18 AM
Oct 2021
I swear to god some anime just want to piss me off, just look at the margine bettwen the fan favourites in the anime whoever made this and produced such a great character and wrote it sooo good yeah, and then just didnt developt the romance at alllll, i mean lets be honest bettwen yamada and shiraishi and others could have their own romace my guy you had something going on there just develop the romance the witch powers are very intresting but bettween that and the amount of romace you could have had here it just pisses me off. If the second season was to air everyone would be all over that shit, and you would say ahh but the plot is done the powers are gone, FUCK that plot make a damn season with just focusing on characters and i love alll of the characters and it concluded in 12 when i think it should have had 20+ episodes, and i am aware it is done for this, the thing is dead in the water and wont get the second season anyyy time soon sooo yeah it just pisses me off that it concluded in 12, that we didnt see the amount of romance that could have been easily put in and that my guy has no plan to make a second season
Dec 16, 2021 4:16 AM

Feb 2019
As an anime-only, this episode felt a bit rushed too. But it was still enjoyable, although some of the moments didn't really land. Like the whole thing about Yamazaki-Leona-Rika felt really sudden, especially how they all became friends together in the end. I still don't understand Rika's reasoning for using her power. Like, if she doesn't want to be forgotten then why use her power? Guess I will understand more once I read the manga.

Best moments this time around were Shiraishi-related. First was her (in Asuka's body) reunion with Yamada. And then, of course, the final confession scene ^^ Man, that was really nice. We actually got it, in no uncertain terms! That was such a cute moment that I just had to bump this episode's rating from 4 to 5.

"You just wanted to kiss, didn't you?"

"Yes"

Love that Shiraishi's so straightforward with that.

But wished we could've seen more of the witches. I especially liked the pink-haired girl, and also Nene the further we got to the end.

All in all, pretty enjoyable. Will watch the OVA/specials and then head over to the manga. The anime itself is a 7/10.
Feb 22, 2022 11:32 PM

May 2020
Atleast the finale felt a bit better, which I wasn't really hoping of tbh given the incredibly rushed impression those last 4-5 episodes had.

But still first half was better than this later one. If it wasn't for this horrendous pacing, I know I would've liked it more.
LIDENFILMS adapting a harem manga is already a big red flag in itself. 5/10.
Jul 16, 2022 9:17 PM
Jul 2022
انمي اسطوووووري ونهايه اسطوووووري
Jul 25, 2022 11:09 PM
May 2019
I am kind of late to the party. The anime was enjoyable, I really liked Shiraishi as a character. However, it is the kind of anime that you forget about.

As other commenters say, the anime is really rushed. A couple of times I asked myself whether I missed an episode or some footage was missing, because it is obviously that they skipped something. This becomes more apparent towards the second half of the season, which is of considerably worse quality than the first half.

For an anime based on seven witches, there was almost no time for most of them. Especially one of them (the student council aide) did not even get a backstory; same with Rika. It certainly could have benefitted from being 24 episodes instead.

The plot, well, it's high-school romcom so I am willing to forgive its obvious lack of sense. Still, it missed or did not portray well emotional moments.

Overall, 6/10 because despite all the flaws I enjoyed it.
Aug 7, 2022 4:54 AM
May 2020
There are a lot of questions like "why are there 2 males with powers" or "what is the backstory behind the witches" that are left unanswered, but what can you except from this kind of anime. Characters introduced and never again being relevant after 1 episode, plot twist of purple hair witch falling in love with the mc just to force a love triangle out of nowhere (may be portrayed better in manga but I'm talking about the anime). President's story was interesting, too bad the anime didn't expand on it nor give us a heartworming scene when they get their memories back. Second half was definitely rushed but I'm kind of glad because if this was 24 episodes i would probably drop it. Like going from finding the last witch to committing the ritual of summoning shenron with the seven dragon witches in the span of 1 episode lmao. Shiraishi was being too passive imo, they didn't even show her being angry at yamada when he kissed other girls (wouldn't she be angry if she really loved him?). There are a lot of other problems with this show. Anyways, interesting premise, good animation considering LIDENFILMS standards, likeable main characters, lack of sense and rushed plot, boring episodes and comedy in general. 5.5-5.8/10
Nov 15, 2022 1:31 PM
Apr 2022
Adorei! Adorei! Adorei!
Dec 12, 2022 8:07 AM
Oct 2021
pô cara esse anime é muito bom já nem sei quantas vezes eu já assisti
Dec 16, 2022 4:36 AM
Nov 2017
Was hoping for more kisses at the end.
Jan 17, 2023 10:54 AM

Jul 2022
7/10 for me.

I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been addressed by the previous ~300 comments, just that I enjoyed it despite the flaws.

The humor in the first half of the show was great, and the characters that got enough screentime were well-written.

That being said, the second half of the show just moved way too fast. Wish we had at least two episodes per witch and that they didn't get dropped from the plot immediately. Every episode turned into a "fetch quest" where Character X would agree to do Y if Yamada did Z, so that got a bit tiresome too.

I also thought they would explain how Yamada got his "power" since they spelled out everything else for the viewer, but I don't feel too strongly about that one way or the other.
alexw1020Jan 17, 2023 11:14 AM
Apr 24, 2023 9:30 PM
Nov 2022
It was okay and was a nice short season.
Jul 24, 2023 9:33 AM
Jul 2023
achei paiá porque o final foi muito ruim esperava mais
Nov 2, 2023 6:58 PM
Jul 2023
final bom, nd triste, só pra coitada lá que virou "the other women" mucho triste pra ela.
Nov 17, 2023 8:47 PM

Dec 2022
The ending was alright but the rest of the show was surprisingly good
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Nov 2023
Hmm oh well, they finally wer able to. Good anime
Jan 10, 12:41 PM
Jan 2024
Bueno el final esta bien pero no me conformo por completo me gustaría que lo expandieron 1 temporada más o 2 para ver un final parecido al manga que los protagonistas se casan
Mar 8, 3:46 PM

Jan 2021
I havent read the manga yet but as far as this anime is concerned, I absolutely loved it. Ok some things still remain unexplained and I wanted to see more of the other witches and how their lives changed but I am completely satisfied with the outcome. It was beautiful. Definitely picking up the manga.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Mar 15, 12:34 PM
Sep 2022
EWKRHJLFBGkjwerfnvljhaETBFVKjhatbgj ME ENCANTA EL FINAAAAAAAAL WAAAAAAAAAAKEJDFGNSDJGBEFJGBEJS
Lo que lleva la guatona!:
Mar 29, 7:47 PM

Sep 2008
I've only gotten to this series recently and just finished the anime but I've read parts of the manga and the anime seems to be so rushed and skipped a lot of stuff from the manga. It was still enjoyable but to be honest, I found the boy on boy kissing scenes to be uncomfortable to look at. I was also wondering why Asuka wasn't shown in the ending with every other important characters were in the club room.
Today, 9:41 AM
Oct 2019
loved It! best anime.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

121 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

159 by WELLERM »»

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.