Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2015 8:47 PM

Oct 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some interesting battles have begun. Also, I spot a guy who seems like Echizen's brother. I think that might relate to the title called "New Prince of Tennis"
Jun 17, 2015 6:01 AM

May 2014
Wow.. I don't even remember these matches..

Looks like Yukimura's against someone who doesn't require sight.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jun 19, 2015 3:01 AM

Jun 2011
Somewhat meh episode, I don't really care about the data tennis match, and the other side was quite dull, except for the fun duo.

I forgot to mention, but the ED was.. uhm, really? -_-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 16, 2015 11:03 PM

Apr 2014
inui x yanagi is so REAL this ep
Aug 26, 2016 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was kind of weird. I loved the data tennis match, but the comedy of the other match really didn't jive with the seriousness of Yanagi's match. It would have been better if they either only focused on the data tennis or featured a different match instead. I did like seeing the former Shitenhouji captains though, and Shitenhouji players interacting in general, they are such weird bunch lol.

I don't remember Yanagi's match being this long or so detailed in the manga, I think they expanded on this, particularly the explanation for the opponent's data output/information attack as well as the flashback to Kirihara. That was some good character development and a nice way to upgrade data tennis. Nice Inui/Yanagi moment at the end too.

It looks like they're just cherry picking a few matches between the black team and the reps to show, kinda disappointing as I'd love to see them all animated and possibly expanded on like they did with the data tennis. The ED is cute and fun, but if they're really changing up the animation on it a but for each one, I'd rather they put the effort into a few more episodes.
Jun 30, 2021 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
So basically he's a human DDOS attack.
Looking forward to seeing Inui put the data to work/

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis OVA vs Genius10 Episode 9 Discussion

LPGeneratorx - Jul 9, 2015

5 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:44 PM

» New TV Series for 2022

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2021

1 by Otaku-Aniki »»
Oct 10, 2021 6:52 AM

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis OVA vs Genius10 Episode 10 Discussion

LPGeneratorx - Jul 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Jul 1, 2021 10:51 AM

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis OVA Episode 5 Discussion

Kitoge - Jun 12, 2015

8 by PrOxAnto »»
Jul 1, 2021 7:20 AM

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis OVA Episode 4 Discussion

Kitoge - Jun 12, 2015

6 by PrOxAnto »»
Jul 1, 2021 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.