Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2015 10:16 PM

Dec 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Arbaless? What? Since when was this an issue? Or when was it ever known to us?

So basically, the author tried to make another threat happen. This time, it's an entire country. (Which will 99% be related to Zeref...)
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Jun 7, 2015 10:20 PM

Jun 2013
Makes you wonder, what can Lumen Histoire do?? Must be extremely powerful.
Jun 7, 2015 10:24 PM

Dec 2009
Told you guys Fairy Tail was nowhere near the end. The timeskip signaled the halfway point, and now just like HxH did with the Dark Continent arc, Fairy Tail has expanded its lore and world and its much bigger than we originally thought. Can't wait to see what this country brings to the table in terms of power and magic. Just lol at the people who thought Zeref and Acnologia were the only remaining villains.
Jun 7, 2015 10:26 PM

Jun 2013
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Told you guys Fairy Tail was nowhere near the end. The timeskip signaled the halfway point, and now just like HxH did with the Dark Continent arc, Fairy Tail has expanded its lore and world and its much bigger than we originally thought. Can't wait to see what this country brings to the table in terms of power and magic. Just lol at the people who thought Zeref and Acnologia were the only remaining villains.

This is related somehow to Zeref, since LH is important to this kingdom, and Zeref and Acnologia are pretty much related too. We will probably get more info from Fairy Tail Zero, and what exactly happened.
Jun 7, 2015 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
Loved the chapter. 730 guilds? Wonder how many top tiers there will be.

Respect to Makarov for what he did.
Jun 7, 2015 10:42 PM

Mar 2014
So Arbaless invaded Ishgar on the premise that they had Lumen Histoire? That's pretty much like countries going at it over an artifact they have no idea of what it is or does. We have no clue of what LH does.

What's the old man thinking? Going into enemy territory trying to fan the flames using LH as a threat? Or will he give Arbaless LH to not start another war?

Is Arbaless where Zeref used to live before he was cursed?

Spread the lore Mashima. Nice to get more world building
Jun 7, 2015 10:46 PM

Dec 2013
This new development is sort of coming out of nowhere. Don't remember any countries other than Fiore ever get mentioned. Still finding it pretty interesting.

Really curious to know now the current fate of Makarov!
Jun 7, 2015 10:49 PM
May 2015
Lol this won't end well. Respect Makarov but the odds of Arbaless simply abiding to his request is unlikely.

730 guilds? That's more than Ishgar+Fiore. I doubt they stopped solely because of the council. Makarov walked right into a situation he can't win. Arbaless will eat Fiore
Jun 7, 2015 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
G_Spark233 said:
This new development is sort of coming out of nowhere. Don't remember any countries other than Fiore ever get mentioned. Still finding it pretty interesting.

There were other countries mentioned, just not other continents.

Makes more sense for there to be other continents than there being none.

@Trentor, Ishgar is the continent Fiore is a country in Ishgar where there is 500 guilds total.
Jun 7, 2015 10:50 PM

Jun 2013
So my thoughts, for now.. I can see people saying "This Empire came out of nowhere", yes is similar in that Dark Continent stuff from HxH, BUT, based on what we know so far of course. When first introduced, LH seems to be pretty well hidden, given the fact that Ivan himself didn't find it, even though he searched all places related to it. And made you wondered, what exactly is LH? What can it do? Ivan was pretty obsessed with finding LH. Also the council members made this weapons Etherion and Face, and they are.. well were, pretty strong weapons, but for what reason? Use it on what, or against whom? Now we know.

LittleRookie said:
G_Spark233 said:

@Trentor, Ishgar is the continent Fiore is a country in Ishgar where there is 500 guilds total.

Yeah basically Fiore and the other named countries/kingdom that are on the Earthland map, that was known as Ishgar. And that was a continent.
Jun 7, 2015 10:57 PM

Dec 2013
metsujin said:
LittleRookie said:

Yeah basically Fiore and the other named countries/kingdom that are on the Earthland map, that was known as Ishgar. And that was a continent.

I vaguely remember Ishgar getting mentioned but I think it probably has been a while.

Wondering if Zeref's influence has reached other continents or if they have people over there that have been cursed like Zeref has.
Jun 7, 2015 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
@G Spark

If you look up "Earth Land" on the fairy tail wiki you can see the Ishgar map.

I would say it has, Zeref can teleport and Acnologia can fly at amazing speeds as a Dragon. For all we know, they probably spend more time in other continents.
Jun 7, 2015 11:05 PM

Jun 2013
LittleRookie said:
@G Spark

I would say it has, Zeref can teleport and Acnologia can fly at amazing speeds as a Dragon. For all we know, they probably spend more time in other continents.

Plus when Gildarts was first introduce, and said that he encountered Acnologia, Natsu was rushing to where Acnologia was last spotted by Gildarts, and Gildarts said "He might be gone, flying around the continent or world" or something like that.
Jun 7, 2015 11:06 PM
Oct 2014
Normally, I would think Fairy Tail can handle anything after what they've been through. However, when looking at this in a SENSIBLE/NORMAL perspective, it is quite understanding why Makarov did what he did (Especially if it's one guild vs 730 guilds!). I mean, when I think about it, throughout the past arcs it was always Fairy Tail vs ONE guild size worth of very powerful enemies (the 7 dragons are sort of an exception, but don't really know). They always had trouble with only ONE guild size worth of enemies. 730 guilds going at them all at once, does sound too dangerous even for them.

But when looking at it with Fairy Tail logic/perspective, those 730 guilds better watch out!
Jun 7, 2015 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
metsujin said:
LittleRookie said:
@G Spark

Plus when Gildarts was first introduce, and said that he encountered Acnologia, Natsu was rushing to where Acnologia was last spotted by Gildarts, and Gildarts said "He might be gone, flying around the continent or world" or something like that.

Yeah i remember that, Plus Acnologia did take over the world in one timeline.
Jun 7, 2015 11:07 PM

Nov 2011
The love for family <3

Considering it is FT"s greatest secret and most powerful weapon, I think the Lumen Histoire will play a very prominent role in this arc.
Jun 7, 2015 11:29 PM

Aug 2014
Solo Makarov ftw

730 guilds? Godam

Lumen .. damn curious to see what happens to it.
Jun 7, 2015 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
Ah this is nice actually, I'm liking that they will explore more into the lore and FT universe.

This makes me wonder, if Mest/Doranbolt was this much close to Makarov, then why wasn't he chosen as the Seventh Guildmaster? He looks quite suitable for this job seeing his dedication over his investigation and helping the guild behind the scenes.
Jun 7, 2015 11:33 PM

Apr 2008
THe plot thickens and I fuckin love it. Now the doomsayers who were all "OOOO FT IS ENDING FOR SURE SOON!" can shut the fuck up
Jun 7, 2015 11:42 PM

Jan 2012
We got lotsa interesting news this week, but still so many questions. Makarov's intentions were good, I'm just not sure if disbanding the guild was really for the best. So now they're gonna probably go to Arbaless after him, unless they get attacked first. This has the makings of a massive conflict, and I'm excited to see where it goes. The expansion of the Fairy Tail world really has potential.
Jun 7, 2015 11:44 PM

Dec 2013
Nuvi said:
This makes me wonder, if Mest/Doranbolt was this much close to Makarov, then why wasn't he chosen as the Seventh Guildmaster? He looks quite suitable for this job seeing his dedication over his investigation and helping the guild behind the scenes.

The guildmaster is essentially the face of the guild. Not too appropriate for someone working behind the scenes.
Jun 7, 2015 11:45 PM

Apr 2010
I've been wondering for a while if there was some significance to the Grand Magic Games arc outside of having a battle tournament, and I think there's finally a reason. It was probably to forge bonds between Fairy Tail and other guilds so Mashima could have them all team up later to fight a bigger threat.

Well... we have that bigger threat now. So I'm hoping we get to see some big guild alliance to fight back.
Jun 7, 2015 11:57 PM

Dec 2009
Darklight0303 said:
THe plot thickens and I fuckin love it. Now the doomsayers who were all "OOOO FT IS ENDING FOR SURE SOON!" can shut the fuck up

Dude exactly my thoughts as well. So glad we got this development and the people that thought Tartarus Arc was the peak can finally just move on.
Jun 7, 2015 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Darklight0303 said:

Dude exactly my thoughts as well. So glad we got this development and the people that thought Tartarus Arc was the peak can finally just move on.

Totally agree, this Arc has the promise to top even Tartarus. Going to enjoy this.
Jun 8, 2015 12:00 AM

Apr 2008
Also for those who still think this development is out of left field. Go back and reread the fucking manga. The hints are there

Jun 8, 2015 12:04 AM

Oct 2008
even though it's not going to end !!! I loved this chapter ....... this chapter reminds me why I love Fairy Tail
Jun 8, 2015 12:06 AM

Jan 2014
Maybe Lumen Histoire is some kind of nuke that can destroy a whole continent.
Jun 8, 2015 12:07 AM

Jun 2013
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Darklight0303 said:

People will still stay stuff like "Bullshit, this is random etc...." when in fact there are small hints of other continents and other threads.
Jun 8, 2015 12:08 AM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

People will still stay stuff like "Bullshit, this is random etc...." when in fact there are small hints of other continents and other threads.

Subtle foreshadowing is a lost art these days. Unless it's hamfisted with giant planet sized neon signs it doesn't exist apparently.
Jun 8, 2015 12:09 AM

Aug 2008
Love the development and revelation here. About time they introduce other countries/continent outside Fiore. I knew the day will come when Hiro introduce other continent. Glad to know that Fairy Tail is still far from over.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 8, 2015 12:16 AM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
metsujin said:

Subtle foreshadowing is a lost art these days. Unless it's hamfisted with giant planet sized neon signs it doesn't exist apparently.

One thing that will say to people, yes the Empire was not mentioned before, BUT (as you posted that image above), we know for a fact that there are other continents, outside Ishgar (and Ishgar is basically Fiore and the rest of the named countries on the map).
Jun 8, 2015 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
metsujin said:
Darklight0303 said:

One thing that will say to people, yes the Empire was not mentioned before, BUT (as you posted that image above), we know for a fact that there are other continents, outside Ishgar (and Ishgar is basically Fiore and the rest of the named countries on the map).

Mentioning the Empire beforehand would of ruined the whole Mest thing anyway, which i really enjoyed.
Jun 8, 2015 12:21 AM

Aug 2012
Great chapter. Makarov trying to solo all of them what a boss.
Jun 8, 2015 12:24 AM

Aug 2010
Interesting. I really hope we get the attempted invasion that was stopped 10 years ago. Maybe we can get some glimpses in FT zero too esp after the reveal last chap.

Anyway, cool knowing about Mest and Makarov.

Ofc the gang will sneak in this time to see what LH is :P It's gonna be relevant to the plot now so they have to know XD

So Natsu's actually a lolicon? Didn't expect his reaction to be like that after seeing a naked Mavis :3

Anyway, finally it's time to see the top 4 of the council in action. Since they'll probably need to protect their continent soon. Plz Mashima do this right. Ur amazing at building up arcs but always fall short :/ This has lots of potential
Barion-ZaraJun 8, 2015 12:34 AM
Jun 8, 2015 12:26 AM

Apr 2013
Early chapter. Explanation of why Makarov disbanded the guild and of Mest, the capital of the empire looks a bit like Edolas's.
Jun 8, 2015 12:31 AM

Jan 2013
Meh.. it kinda came out of nowhere... still disappointed...

And of course that there was a previous mentioning of other countries existing, it's not like their country was the only one and that it made the world... it still comes out of nowhere, it's the first time we hear about an invasion that happened 10 years ago, they could have let better hints by speaking about the situation between both countries now and then at the council reunions, and why did they wait 10 years? (oh yeah that's gonna be explained later right? Even though their mages are much stronger).

Just because someone says that the world exists and other countries exist, it doesn't mean that it's foreshadowing.

EDIT: Btw, my answer is Number 1.
Jun 8, 2015 12:34 AM
Jan 2015
This chapter surely have promises..possibility of an all-out war Ishgar vs albaress ..

let's see if this arc can match Tartaros .
Jun 8, 2015 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
Silver4000 said:

And of course that there was a previous mentioning of other countries existing, it's not like their country was the only one and that it made the world... it still comes out of nowhere, it's the first time we hear about an invasion that happened 10 years ago, they could have let better hints by speaking about the situation between both countries now and then at the council reunions, and why did they wait 10 years? (oh yeah that's gonna be explained later right? Even though their mages are much stronger).

Just because someone says that the world exists and other countries exist, it doesn't mean that it's foreshadowing.

The reason we're hearing about it again now is because Face is gone. So when Makarov fails to stop them, they're going to invade. The reason it wasn't spoken about because for some reason LH is an incredibly secret thing. By that logic, we should of seen LH every few chapters from the beginning, because hiding something under the guild doesn't make any sense.

And yes, if other countries/continents are mentioned and you complain it came out of nowhere the only one at fault is yourself, that is if you can't understand why it's happening now.
Jun 8, 2015 12:36 AM
Feb 2013
TOO......MUCH......INFORMATIO.N......
.I....I......I.....CANNOT COM.......PREHEND......................... MY HEAD HURTS..........
Jun 8, 2015 12:39 AM

Jun 2013
Silver4000 said:

EDIT: Btw, my answer is Number 1.

Countries and continents are two different things. Fiore is a country/kingdom and the other countries (that are named randomly lol), are part of Ishgar, which is the continent Fiore is in. The translation with the 10 years, might not be good (not the first time that happened). But you don't know much about the world's history, other than Zeref, dragons. Plus the council member had weapons, for what? They had pretty much control over Fiore, well Fairy Tail caused the most trouble, but it had control over it.
Jun 8, 2015 12:41 AM

Dec 2013
myanime2 said:
.I....I......I.....CANNOT COM.......PREHEND......................... MY HEAD HURTS..........
Not sure if you're trolling or not.
Jun 8, 2015 12:43 AM

Dec 2014
Will Natsu make a ' This Is FIORE' speech now?
Jun 8, 2015 12:50 AM
Feb 2013
i28.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/342/fairy-tail-4287757.jpg

it was foreshadowed .....
Jun 8, 2015 12:53 AM

Jul 2014
um
sorry
what
Jun 8, 2015 12:54 AM

Apr 2008
vikki7783 said:
um
sorry
what

Reread the chapter maybe?
Jun 8, 2015 12:56 AM

Oct 2013
Natsu will defeat those 730 Guilds anyway.
Jun 8, 2015 1:04 AM
Feb 2013
i hope mavis still alive and after they activated her, she and zeref clash and destroy the entire world and many casualties and then acnologia enters vs natsu "END" AND BAM............. MY GOD I WANT MASHIMA TO RETIRE AND TAKE OVER HIS MANGA TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.HAJAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Jun 8, 2015 1:06 AM
Feb 2013
i hope mavis still alive and after they activated her, she and zeref clash and destroy the entire world and many casualties and then acnologia enters vs natsu "END" AND BAM............. MY GOD I WANT MASHIMA TO RETIRE AND TAKE OVER HIS MANGA TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.HAJAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Jun 8, 2015 1:10 AM

Jan 2013
LittleRookie said:

The reason we're hearing about it again now is because Face is gone. So when Makarov fails to stop them, they're going to invade. The reason it wasn't spoken about because for some reason LH is an incredibly secret thing. By that logic, we should of seen LH every few chapters from the beginning, because hiding something under the guild doesn't make any sense.

And yes, if other countries/continents are mentioned and you complain it came out of nowhere the only one at fault is yourself, that is if you can't understand why it's happening now.

Invasion attempt is still an invasion attempt, no matter what the reason was, the council could pretty much forge one (and it makes me wonder what do they know about LH).

As I said, we could have heard about that in the council reunions, since the council helped stopping the invasion there's no reason as to why they couldn't (the only reason being that maybe one or two council members were changed, but still, ignoring that over two new members...)

LH was supposed to be a secret, not the invasion attempt, though when Makarov saw Mavis ghost/spirit it would be nice if they had talked about that.

And you misunderstood what I said, mentioning other countries/continents doesn't make it foreshadowing, it's obvious that other countries/continent exist. But they never specified any nor said anything that could imply a big one formed by 750 guilds (if I got the number right), I mean, the 4 dark guilds (or was it 5?) was a big thing and never once they did mention a country/continent formed by 750.
Jun 8, 2015 1:10 AM
Feb 2013
G_Spark233 said:
myanime2 said:
Not sure if you're trolling or not.

dude, i'm just trolling...haHaahahaahah...... nice chapter by the way....i hope people in ishgar will cooperate and it's guilds, not only fairy tail.

Did you just skip over the explanations?
Makarov decided to disband the guild after Face and Etherion were destroyed. Makarov has basis for his doubts. For starters Arbaless outnumber them in guild by 230. That's not a small number considering how many people are in one guild. Secondly, he disbanded fairy tail because Lumen Historie is affiliated with FT. If Arbaless strikes, they'd be going straight for FT and not because they want to overpower the kingdom. Even worse, Ishgar mages may decide that FT simply hand LH over to prevent bloodshed. He disbanded them so they wouldn't be targeted by Arbaless because as long as the guild stands, there's a large Bullseye on their backs. Makarov also went there to negotiate with them. His reasoning might not be entirely sound but it's far from dumb. There was hardly a better choice. Heck it's highly likely that the only reason Ishgar hasn't been attacked yet is because the guild known as 'Fairy Tail' no longer exists.
myanime2Jun 8, 2015 1:27 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.