Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 3, 2015 6:01 AM

Oct 2014
alphaAngel said:
Dubbed animes are bad. American voice actors overdoing it, sounding fake, generally bad. Ugh, can't take it.

Overdoing it? Don't the original Japanese voice actors technically 'overdo' it as well and sounding fake too (nobody talks like that in real life, not even the Japanese)? In fact, regarding bad dubs, I think the American voice actors are not overdoing it ENOUGH!!!
Jul 3, 2015 6:34 AM

Jun 2015
I prefer subs but I started with dubbed anime. Then I turned to the amateur dubbing but now only dubs. I really like Japanese voices and their intonations. Well, anything - anime or live action - I try to watch in the original language. That's my rule or at least recommendation. I just believe original voices are closer to the original idea ^_^
Jul 3, 2015 6:38 AM

Jul 2015
My one and only exception for watching dubbed anime is Kyou Kara Maou i.e. God save our King. I don't hate dub anime but i think that sub is better both in expression and comedy way
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2015 6:52 AM

Apr 2014
Only DBZ (Probably gonna skip this one too when super gets released) and Afro Samurai since it isn't subbed.
Jul 3, 2015 7:18 AM

Mar 2012
Toarujisuru said:
I'd say for me it's agreeing with the voice actors chosen. Especially for the lead character. I find Crispin Freeman much more enjoyable to listen to as Kyon than as Tomokazu Sugita. Same goes for Ian Sinclair as Dandy instead of Junichi Suwabe. It's just so much better, imo. That's my exception.
Yeah, I can agree with that. I actually tried watching Haruhi in Japanese because I really like Sugita. But after a while, I realised that Kyon's commentary just wasn't nearly as entertaining.

As for Space Dandy, I haven't seen much of the show in Japanese. But I looked up the Japanese version of Kanchigai Lonely Night after hearing the English version in the dub. I was expecting the Japanese version to be better but to my surprise Ian Sinclair is a much better singer than Suwabe. And to be honest, I actually like the English lyrics better.

Also, Johnny Yong Bosch plays a guy named Johnny who plays guitar in a rock band. That's just fucking amazing. I mean, what are the odds?
Jul 3, 2015 7:20 AM

Aug 2014
I (almost) always watch my anime dubbed. If the dub is extremely unbearable then I will check the sub out.
Jul 3, 2015 7:43 AM

May 2014
I have no exceptions because I wouldn't watch dubbed anime even if it was the only choice I was given.

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Jul 3, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2015
Go dub first,if I dont like it then go to sub. This dosent apply to shows if they have a sub only or dont get dub after there released is done after airing.
Jul 3, 2015 11:21 AM

Apr 2014
Saturma said:
I have no exceptions because I wouldn't watch dubbed anime even if it was the only choice I was given.
You might want to reconsider your statement after watching Afro Samurai. I'm not a fan of dubs , but the dub is pretty good and it doesn't have a sub so I had to anyway.
Jul 3, 2015 11:41 AM

Nov 2010
Milk_is_Special said:
Saturma said:
You might want to reconsider your statement after watching Afro Samurai. I'm not a fan of dubs , but the dub is pretty good and it doesn't have a sub so I had to anyway.
But it isn't a dub if the English language track is the original. Dub is what we call what is technically a redub.
Jul 3, 2015 11:47 AM

Feb 2014
I haven't watched anything ever with dubs. I'm not even native English speaker, so I don't have any reason to watch them in English. And in Finnish there aren't any anime with dubs.
Jul 3, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2014
I only watch subs.

Only dub I bothered watching was DBZ (because I hated the subs).
Jul 3, 2015 11:57 AM

May 2014
Milk_is_Special said:
Saturma said:

I'm not very likely to consider watching anything that isn't subbed though. Not trying to shit on the possibility of dubs being good, but the couple dubs I tried watching I thought were atrocious, so that's all I can think about when I see the word 'dub'.

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Jul 3, 2015 11:57 AM
Apr 2010
Kinda funny how all of the exceptions are anime that were geared towards western audiences (bebop, trigun baccano).

Anyways, I don't really watch dubs. Reading subs improved my reading speed anyway so I can keep up when watching them. Hence, no reason to watch dubs except for shits and giggles because I know how horrible they're going to be.
Jul 3, 2015 1:17 PM

Jan 2015
PrettyJ said:
Avatar cuz the original dub's in engrish.

^

Tbh.. I always watch anime in sub. Not to hate on dub but it sounds really weird to me

Credits to MAND4Drawings
Jul 3, 2015 1:23 PM

Aug 2014
Vhailor said:
The only time I'd consider watching an English dub is when the anime isn't set in a high school, or Japan, the characters aren't Japanese, when the story is universal and doesn't involve any Japanese cultural elements, and of course, and most importantly, when the dub is good.

I agree.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 3, 2015 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
I alternate the language track on my DVDs/BDs when I rewatch, so I eventually watch both either way. Unless of course the release isn't bilingual in which case there's nothing to choose from.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 3, 2015 1:41 PM

May 2014
the last air bender !!!
duhhh~~
best dubbed animu~
Jul 3, 2015 2:09 PM

Apr 2014
ZA_WAYD said:
the last air bender !!!
duhhh~~
best dubbed animu~
Such Bait, Much Wow...
Jul 3, 2015 2:26 PM

Jun 2011
"Western" style anime like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun or Baccano. Also, for some reason I enjoyed the Cromartie High School dub more than the sub.

Jul 3, 2015 2:40 PM
May 2015
it depends
Jul 3, 2015 2:46 PM

Feb 2010
Bebop & Kino's Journey.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 3, 2015 10:11 PM
May 2015
The only dubbed anime I watched was GTO.
I just can't feel any other better dubs than the japenese.It perfectly suits the anime.
Jul 3, 2015 10:12 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah, Kino's Journey really does have an amazing dub. Not many people talk about it though. These days a show like Kino would be lucky to get a dub let alone one as good as it got.

Kind of a shame that Kelli Cousins has fallen off the radar though. Cynthia Martinez is still popping up in a few Sentai dubs every now and then but let's just say that her performance as Illya in the Fate/kalied dub was less than stellar.
Jul 3, 2015 10:58 PM

Jun 2015
I usually go for sub, but for me Baccano is an exception. For some reason I really like it's dub.

FMAB and OHSHC also have pretty good dubs IMO.
-_-
Jul 3, 2015 11:05 PM

Apr 2012
NO EXCEPTIONS

Jul 4, 2015 2:30 AM
Jul 2015
I don't always pick one or the other for purity or whatever.

For me, When I watch an anime, Sub or Dub, I just settle into how the character sounds. Then if I catch the other version, the characters never sound right to me.
Jul 4, 2015 2:45 AM

May 2014
Milk_is_Special said:
ZA_WAYD said:
the last air bender !!!
duhhh~~
best dubbed animu~
Such Bait, Much Wow...

no dats corry in the house :/
Jul 4, 2015 7:16 AM

Apr 2014
I dont have one. But I prefer subbed. Its really interesting to learn Japanese, their conversations and pronounciations. But for some people with dyselexic would prefer the dubbed one, I still wont be bothered to watch it dubbed, ...in my language ^^;
Signature of three years-or-so was removed

here's my new one

Thank you and have a nice day, everyone.
Aug 22, 2016 3:11 PM
Jun 2016
What about an anime that happens to be originally recorded in English with a Japanese cast, and when distributed in the US they had American actors re-record the lines to make it more understandable to the Anglosphere's ears, in addition to having the original version with captions so it could be deciphered. Would you prefer the rerecording, or still prefer the original?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

85 by maya2003s »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 8 hours ago

27 by shiro-seishun »»
7 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece part 2 (the sequel)

Cyborgium - 3 hours ago

4 by Daviljoe193 »»
11 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

222 by Shizuna »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

61 by maya2003s »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.