Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Would Gigamesh be able to be smartass with Kiritsugu as his Master? (both F/Z, and F/SN counted)

New
May 31, 2015 4:40 AM
Sep 2007
In short, what kind of relationship, if any would these two have?

Gil treated Tokiomi like his servant, and Kirei seemed more like his partner, and chatting buddy, even if he (Kirei) is a rather serious person like Kiritsugu.

But, more or less, with both of them Gilgamesh had that look of freedom and superiority, being able to always express himself as someone on top of food chain.

But considering Kiritsugu who especially values effciency, and isn't type to look forward for fun, would he perhaps even use one Command spell simply to keep Gil obedient and quiet, and even if he didn't, would he pay too much attention to what King of Heroes is talking about - at least enough so that Gilgamesh doesn't realize that Kiritsugu only sees him as a tool, and not someone of his, or higher level, like Tokiomi allowed himself once.

On that note, can Kiritsugu be considered wise enough person not to be betrayed by his Servant, and Kirei, if he was under his protection, like he was under Tokiomi's?
May 31, 2015 4:42 AM

Sep 2013
You can't really keep Gilgamesh under control with Command Spells.

Imagine how it would have went with Kiritsugu.
May 31, 2015 4:45 AM
Sep 2007
Those games are canon?
May 31, 2015 4:46 AM

Oct 2012
Honestly if he neglected Saber like he did he would've just flat out told Gil to work separately from him since at that time they both wanted the grail. Gil didn't know the truth about the Grail yet so he would obviously accept. Their way of doing things would create too many problems like how it did for Saber and Kiritsugu.

In short, yes it would've worked just like his "alliance" with Saber worked, yes they got the job done and basically won but they weren't anywhere NEAR BFFs.
May 31, 2015 4:47 AM

Sep 2013
Psajdak said:
Those games are canon?
They are personally written by Nasu, so... you decide.

Anyway, the best way to deal with Gilgamesh would be to just let him do what he wants. Trying to humor him or outright control him will only lead to disaster.
May 31, 2015 4:52 AM

Aug 2014
lol, using command seals on Gil.
May 31, 2015 6:05 AM

Jul 2007
Kiritsugu: I don't like you and will treat you like shit.
Gil: *kills Kiritsugu* Oh look that Kirei dude is interesting.
May 31, 2015 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
pretty sure it would play out something like this

or this

May 31, 2015 9:55 PM

May 2012
Gil's weak against Kotomine's hairy excalibur.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 31, 2015 10:13 PM

Sep 2014
Shirubaasouru said:
Gil's weak against Kotomine's hairy excalibur.
lol kotomine? we all know there is one dude who makes gil look bitch teir

May 31, 2015 10:22 PM

May 2015
Kiritsugu would die like a dog as soon as he summoned him.

The only Masters that would truly interest him are Hakuno (3 command spells), Kirei (empty dude) and probably Shirou (empty dude 2 + Faker).
May 31, 2015 10:25 PM

Apr 2014

Allow that mongrel authority over me? Please. I would execute him should if he have the audacity to attempt any such action. My immense glory cannot be overruled by something as trivial as a command seal, and I'll assure you that he would have but one attempt prior to an untimely end.

If he should choose to feign submission to me while attempting to manipulate my actions, then eventually I would discard or dispose of him for a more entertaining master. While it would be amusing to observe the extent that he would go in humoring me, once it becomes an inconvenience then it shall only serve as insolence that cannot be left unpunished. However, if he feigns submission to me and does not intrude on my actions whatsoever, then I shall permit his existence as long as his antics remain amusing and other masters don't gain the favor of my attention.
May 31, 2015 10:25 PM

May 2014
I really wanna play CCC
May 31, 2015 11:26 PM

Sep 2014
ProphecyPriest said:

The only Masters that would truly interest him are Hakunon (3 command spells), Kirei (empty dude) and probably Shirou (empty dude 2 + Faker).

Plus he survives the mud, so yeah, definitely-ish.

I can also see Gil killing on the spot because Faker, tho.
The sun is a deadly laser
May 31, 2015 11:36 PM

May 2014
I think he'd kill him if he tried copying his armaments (without express permission), but Shirou is very similar to Kirei. Although I think the aspect that Gil was most fascinated by might be missing.
May 31, 2015 11:37 PM

May 2015
Like literally the same case with Hakuno.

"You amuse me, you live. Fail, and be killed at mercy of the King."
May 31, 2015 11:44 PM

May 2014
WrongPriest said:
I really wanna play CCC
Jun 1, 2015 1:47 AM

Aug 2014
Did the command seals Hakuno used even do anything? IIRC it just amused him.
Jun 1, 2015 2:01 AM

Jul 2007
ProphecyPriest said:

The only Masters that would truly interest him are Hakuno (3 command spells), Kirei (empty dude) and probably Shirou (empty dude 2 + Faker).

well tbh his reasoning with Hakuno had other motives too. CSes did nothing to Gil. It was amusing and established "equal" relationship that grew more equal over time as Gil grew more fond of the companionship.

And yeah, Shirou would be interesting one as long as does not just off him over lol-faker. There's the whole empty thing and Shirou's ability to persist through hell fits Gil's perceived "worthy" humanity.
Jun 1, 2015 4:38 AM

May 2012
Gil'd bang Iri in front of Kiri.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 1, 2015 7:54 AM
Sep 2007
But isn't Gilgamesh even afraid of Kirei's daughter?

I don't see him being all high and mighty around Kiritsugu.
Jun 1, 2015 7:58 AM

Aug 2014
Psajdak said:

Uh...lol, no, he isn't afraid of her.
Jun 1, 2015 7:58 AM

Feb 2015
Well in the last episode,he pretty much called Kiritsugu a "mongrel" so no,he doesn't care either way.
Jun 1, 2015 8:02 AM
Sep 2013
I bet they wont coexist with each other.

KireixGilgamesh, still the best ship ever.
Jun 1, 2015 8:02 AM
Sep 2007
laidellent said:
Well in the last episode,he pretty much called Kiritsugu a "mongrel" so no,he doesn't care either way.
But Gil never really knew who Kiritsugu really was, that is what he did for living.

Aside from that, Gilgamesh himself doesn't strike me as someone who entirely respects people only according to their fire power - for instance, he seemed to have quite good opinion about Waver in the end of F/Z.
Jun 1, 2015 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
You really think Kiritsugu is smart ass?
WEABOO SCIENTIST
Jun 1, 2015 8:05 AM
Sep 2007
nopainnolife said:
You really think Kiritsugu is smart ass?
I never said that.
Jun 1, 2015 8:09 AM

Feb 2015
Gil is actually one of the smartest beings in Nasuverse.

Jun 1, 2015 8:12 AM

Sep 2008
Psajdak said:

I don't see him being all high and mighty around Kiritsugu.

He treats Kirei's Daughter like Kirei, he is interested in them because he is bored.

but that is were it stops, he will always be high and mighty, that's who he is, regardless of the person. It's the people who try to control him, or grovel to him that he has distaste for.
Jun 1, 2015 9:10 AM

Sep 2014
laidellent said:
Gil is actually one of the smartest beings in Nasuverse.

>Gil
>Smart

Kek.

IfHe's smart,[but] he doesn't show it.
Jun 1, 2015 9:20 AM
Sep 2007
So basically, for most people, no matter how powerful, Gil is useless as a Servant?
Jun 1, 2015 9:25 AM

Feb 2015
mira-nyan said:

>Gil
>Smart

Kek.

He is smart Mira.I am not sure about the exact details but he views the world from a different angle(him being 2/3 god and being the first hero and all contributing to it) which gives him greater "vision" so as to speak.

Psajdak said:
So basically, for most people, no matter how powerful, Gil is useless as a Servant?

How do you consider Gil to be a servant to any despicable trash,you mongrel!!
Jun 1, 2015 9:31 AM

Sep 2014
laidellent said:
mira-nyan said:

>Gil
>Smart

Kek.

He is smart Mira.I am not sure about the exact details but he views the world from a different angle(him being 2/3 god and being the first hero and all contributing to it) which gives him greater "vision" so as to speak.

Psajdak said:

How do you consider Gil to be a servant to any despicable trash,you mongrel!!

But he

Also, he may see the world at a different angle, but that doesn't mean anything apart from the fact that he sees things differently to others, just like most people.

And, whether or not he has this wisdom, wisdom =/= smart(necessarily).
Jun 1, 2015 9:44 AM

Feb 2015
mira-nyan said:

But he

lol ,Mira you need to work on you trolling skills.Still I will bite

His arrogance pretty much super imposes any logical or rational thinking capabilities he has and more often than not comes to bite him back in the ass..Thats why shota Gil is better because he is not that arrogant.

mira-nyan said:

Also, he may see the world at a different angle, but that doesn't mean anything apart from the fact that he sees things differently to others, just like most people.

But he is preferably the most knowledgeable about existence of humanity because he is the first hero of humanity.And knowledge==smartness(mostly)
Jun 1, 2015 9:50 AM

Sep 2014
laidellent said:
mira-nyan said:

But he

His arrogance pretty much super imposes any logical or rational thinking capabilities he has and more often than not comes to bite him back in the ass..Thats why shota Gil is better because he is not that arrogant.

mira-nyan said:

But he is preferably the most knowledgeable about existence of humanity because he is the first hero of humanity.And knowledge==smartness(mostly)

First hero of humanity =/= First human. He isn't even properly human ~.~

Knowledge =/= Smart. All the time.
Jun 1, 2015 9:58 AM

Feb 2015
lol..never trust internet dictionaries Mira...

They take things a bit too literally.And you know what I am talking about ~.~
Jun 1, 2015 10:06 AM

Sep 2014
laidellent said:
lol..never trust internet dictionaries Mira...

They take things a bit too literally.And you know what I am talking about ~.~

~.~

No, I don't.
Jun 1, 2015 10:09 AM

Feb 2015
mira-nyan said:

No, I don't.

bad for you ~.~.What is your point?Gil is not smart?Well he does act like a dumbass so there is that
Jun 1, 2015 10:09 AM

Aug 2010
If Gil was truly smart, he would be 1/100th as arrogant. And that would still be way too much arrogance.
Jun 1, 2015 10:12 AM

May 2015
mira-nyan said:
laidellent said:

First hero of humanity =/= First human. He isn't even properly human ~.~

Knowledge =/= Smart. All the time.

Mira is righto, it's why you get people who fail academically but are geniuses in things such as art or whatever. Knowledge/wisdom/intelligence aren't the same thing :L
Jun 1, 2015 10:20 AM
Sep 2007
I must admit I kinda find his title King of Heroes, and his overly arrogant nature that is to the point of making him, well, a bad guy, a bit weird for him.
Jun 1, 2015 10:32 AM

Oct 2008
Gilgamesh's personality is like that in FSN because of the age he was summoned in. He's a bit more decent in CCC. A bit. In that he won't let arrogance get the best of him. Gilgamesh is actually the most interesting Servant in CCC because of that imo.
Jun 1, 2015 4:32 PM

Mar 2013
ShinsoPriest said:
Gilgamesh's personality is like that in FSN because of the age he was summoned in.

Only 90s kids will understand
Jun 1, 2015 4:39 PM

Sep 2014
fst said:
ShinsoPriest said:
Gilgamesh's personality is like that in FSN because of the age he was summoned in.

Only 90s kids will understand
he heard kirk kobain and decided to kill everybody.
Jul 15, 2022 8:15 AM
Jul 2022
Shirubaasouru said:
Gil'd bang Iri in front of Kiri.
Irisviel would never allow that to happened neither would Kiritsugu let that happen Irisviel is way too loyal and loves Kiritsugu to much.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.