Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for May 11 - 17

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 20, 2015 1:35 PM

Oct 2014
Super glad that Saenai is doing well! Such a great show :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2015 2:19 PM

Sep 2010
Kalafina and LiSA are the best now if only Angela was in the charts. T^T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 20, 2015 7:26 PM

May 2015
Ejc said:
Seky said:
Seraph actually has better adaptation Kekkai Sensen. Kekkai Sensen this very summarized, so there are parts that are not understood. Are only 10 episodes and the other 2 are original. Japan does not care about good adaptation, only that the anime is entertaining. http://mangafox.me/manga/kekkai_sensen_mafuugai_kessha/

Japan looks at the whole picture when deciding whether to buy or not. They do not look at only the "story" as some in the West seem to think is the most important. Factors such as rewatchability, story, pacing, seiyuu performance, music, character interactions, character background, artwork, animation, etc. Enjoyment derives from an anime adaptation fulfilling the majority of these factors, and anime is afterall an entertainment medium. An anime adaptation will not sell if it is not enjoyable to the person who is watching it, it's as simple as that.

I doubt this is only restricted to Japan, because i'm sure many of us apply the same criteria on whether to buy a from of entertainment or not... but price seems to be more of a factor in other countries than Japan. However, as for other working people, Japanese fans do not have unlimited money to buy anime... so they typically pick 2 to 3 anime to buy every season, and have to pass on some other "weaker" anime (in their opinion) that may have fulfilled most of their buy criteria.

You not understand what I said. Seraph has better adaptation Kekkai Sensen, because Kekkai Sensen summarizes much of the original material. Not to mention the other aspects.

PS: Japan is not like us, that we fix at everything. A person living in Japan told me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2015 1:45 AM

Nov 2014
yay Saekano doing good
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
7 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
8 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.