Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 10, 2022 11:19 PM

Dec 2018
wow, i thought this was something contemporary but turns out it's clare's past and it was awesome
Dec 28, 2022 10:19 AM
Sep 2020
Looks good, but as with every other episode so far the sound design leaves a lot to be desired. Music is misplaced and inappropriate for the scenes, voice acting is dull, sound effects are distracting... This material is where I started to love the manga, and it's certainly making the anime feel more enjoyable as well, but it doesn't live up to the source material.
~ VicariousU
Jan 10, 2023 6:25 AM
Jul 2020
Goddamned! Didn't realize it was Clare origin story until the end
Apr 6, 2023 9:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow so it's actually Claire's backstory, sure her life was though even from the beginning :S
Jul 29, 2023 4:33 PM
Oct 2015
wow holy shit, they actually portrayed teressa way fucking better than in the manga.
this is one thing the anime has over the manga for sure.

but most of the other stuff the manga does better.

I like how teressa is so used to sleeping like claymores that beds feel bad
Jul 29, 2023 4:43 PM
Oct 2015
MusashiRose said:
Theresa is AWESOME... and so pretty! <3 I loved this episode... it makes sense why Claire has a soft spot for Raki.

As for what her body looks like, I kinda don't wanna know... and leave it up to the imagination. I like how this series did that (keeps it a mystery).

Glad to hear that there's more Theresa in the upcoming episodes.
yeah they literally never showed how grotesque it looked even till the manga and anime ended, its like lovecraft how your imagination runs wild is the most horrifying 
Jul 29, 2023 4:55 PM
Oct 2015
WolfWood37 said:
Really clever to reveal that it was a flashback at the end.
I really wish more shows did this,

it could be a massive plot twist as well, to have 2 intersecting storylines the whole time, until it turns out one of them was disguised as a flashback the whole time when you thought they took place at the same time.
the only series that did this well was a manhwa called distant sky in the first arc.
Jul 29, 2023 4:57 PM
Oct 2015
VicariousU said:
Looks good, but as with every other episode so far the sound design leaves a lot to be desired. Music is misplaced and inappropriate for the scenes, voice acting is dull, sound effects are distracting... This material is where I started to love the manga, and it's certainly making the anime feel more enjoyable as well, but it doesn't live up to the source material.
I felt the same about the girls with guns triology, like noir, madlax, some long spanish name trology.

they keep having super over dramatical music playing or some weird sound effect etc. completely alters the mood and the music is always too loud
Jul 29, 2023 4:58 PM
Oct 2015
Neostorm-X said:
VicariousU said:
I felt the same about the girls with guns triology, like noir, madlax, some long spanish name trology.

they keep having super over dramatical music playing or some weird sound effect etc. completely alters the mood and the music is always too loud
OK FOUND THE NAME its El Cazador de la Bruja, for fucks sakes that name is long, long as isekai stuff even though this was the 2000s era when isekai had super short names still
Aug 3, 2023 3:58 PM

Jul 2016
Weren't Yoma supposed to be human-eating monsters and just that? Why would one of them want a human to "play with"? Interesting.

So was this really a flashback episode? Because both Teresa and Clare appear in the OP fighting as adults. My guess is that Teresa and Clare are sisters and the former named this mute girl after Clare because she loves her sister. Simple as that.
Edit: Not to mention Clare's eyes are BROWN when she has her Yoma side suppressed (Ep.3) and this mute girl has them GREEN.
SouthRzVaAug 3, 2023 4:56 PM
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

414 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

85 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.