Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 14, 2015 2:06 AM

Jan 2015
BlueKite said:
I never had a problem with Hagu as a love interest in Honey and Clover, though some people do.

My problem is how Takemoto and Morita basically fall in love with her at first sight. In other words, without knowing how old she actually is (because her appearance says she's no more than 11 years old), they just suddenly develop a crush on her. I am open minded enough to tolerate all kinds of relationships, but this just broke my suspension of disbelief. They should have gotten to know her first before developing feelings for her.
May 14, 2015 2:18 AM

Jul 2013
ExTamplier said:
DoctorCaim said:
Wrong.

Is this from novel?
Yeah, I just checked it myself. Apparently it's from volume 5.
May 14, 2015 2:57 AM

Oct 2011
supracseduch said:
BlueKite said:
I never had a problem with Hagu as a love interest in Honey and Clover, though some people do.

My problem is how Takemoto and Morita basically fall in love with her at first sight. In other words, without knowing how old she actually is (because her appearance says she's no more than 11 years old), they just suddenly develop a crush on her. I am open minded enough to tolerate all kinds of relationships, but this just broke my suspension of disbelief. They should have gotten to know her first before developing feelings for her.

I'd be lying if I said that thought never occurred to me. Well you know what they say, love is blind. A reason is not needed to fall in love. I completely understand what you're trying to say though

BlueKiteMay 14, 2015 3:01 AM
May 14, 2015 3:06 AM

Apr 2012
Hagu was the worst girl anyway. All abut Yamada. Hell even Rita was better

May 14, 2015 3:19 AM

Oct 2011
Zeally said:
Hagu was the worst girl anyway. All abut Yamada. Hell even Rita was better

Miwako best girl
May 14, 2015 4:01 AM

Apr 2015
Mixed feelings actually. I wish for them to be together but in the end, "she must grow up"... Just imagine being labelled a Lolicon even if she's like 30.
#CHEXIT
May 14, 2015 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
Imeon said:
Mixed feelings actually. I wish for them to be together but in the end, "she must grow up"... Just imagine being labelled a Lolicon even if she's like 30.
Yeah. Even though I'm vocal with my dislike for loli lovers, I do like some of them like Victorique from Gosick. I just hope she gets a growth spurt or something.
May 14, 2015 5:09 AM

Feb 2015
I would never bang a loli my fav female characters are not loli neither i dont find them attractive or sexy usualy .

I would punch someone in real life if he/she are turn on on real kids that is bad way of being creepy.
May 14, 2015 5:15 AM

Oct 2014
Depends on the personality. I don't like the violent loli type though XD
May 14, 2015 6:29 AM

Aug 2010
I don't mind that loli exist, because they make way more sense then 12-14 year olds having giant boobs which you see quite a bit.

however I think fan service is useless in general and it only gets worse when you try and involve children in it.

so child romance is fine... and it should be cute - but of course it almost always goes to a perverted place instead....
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
May 14, 2015 6:35 AM

Jan 2012
in terms of appearance don't see why just because a girl LOOKS younger than she really is, that means suddenly she doesn't deserve to have a bf, long as she's the legal age don't matter how petite or young she looks!
May 14, 2015 6:47 AM

Dec 2014
I like loli characters! they're kawaii as heck and I just wanna hug them

May 14, 2015 8:13 AM

Dec 2012
For lolis as a caricature/archetype, there's no harm done. There's less restrictions on them because they don't adhere to their form mentally. But for the legitimate anime children, please leave them alone. Characters such as Rin from Usagi Drop (rage), Naru from Barakamon, Cosette from Les Mis, and Yuzuyu from AiBaby should not be portrayed in romantic relationships, especially with their respective guardians.
May 14, 2015 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
I dislike lolis' appearances, personalities and voices the large majority of the time (Rita from Bahamut and Sucy from Little Witch Academia being the two exceptions) so I'd probably stay away from any show that has a loli as a main love interest. I think it'd be weird anyway since I can't see how a romantic interaction between a mature, older character and a loli would work, but whatever.
May 14, 2015 8:23 AM

Dec 2013
I despise lolis most of the time. I simply cannot stand them. Of course there are some exceptions, like Hachikuji or Shinobu from Monogatari or Rita from Bahamut, but that's because they are interesting characters and their personalities outweigh everything else.

And lolis for a love interest? That's like, the worst thing possible. I haven't encountered much anime with lolis as love interests but I cringed at Grisaia for example. It just feels off.

However, an entirely different case is when young girls are portrayed as normal children, like Naru from Barakamon, I like them quite a lot.
May 14, 2015 8:26 AM

Feb 2015
As love interest they're stupid because they're children.
May 14, 2015 9:27 AM

Feb 2014
Lolis = they LOOK younger. They don't have to be actual children. Example is the guy's aunt from Ro-Kyu-Bu!. She's like 30 but she's a loli still.

Pettanko is different.
Yukino from Oregairu is pettanko iirc, but she looks her age otherwise.
Most violent tsundere love interests tend to be lolis though, as they actually LOOK younger, which usually tends to mean they are pettanko as well.

May 14, 2015 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
chinesecartoonz said:
Lolis = they LOOK younger. They don't have to be actual children. Example is the guy's aunt from Ro-Kyu-Bu!. She's like 30 but she's a loli still.

Pettanko is different.
Yukino from Oregairu is pettanko iirc, but she looks her age otherwise.
Most violent tsundere love interests tend to be lolis though, as they actually LOOK younger, which usually tends to mean they are pettanko as well.

They usually act younger too though. The age usually feels tacked on. Mentally and physically they are usually children for the most part.
May 14, 2015 9:36 AM

May 2014
Here is my humble opinion.

Lolis are the BEST! They're almost always the most adorable and entertaining characters in their respective shows. Although it doesn't always work out in anime, if I was a male MC I would totally go for the loli.
May 14, 2015 9:42 AM

Oct 2009
There is nothing wrong with it.
Regardless the term usage of Lolicon, if you actually read and understand Nabokov Lolita you will understand why it is one of the best literature written in 20th century.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
May 14, 2015 9:43 AM

Nov 2008
i like them as long as they aren't tsundere.

May 14, 2015 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
azzuRe said:
Regardless the term usage of Lolicon, if you actually read and understand Nabokov Lolita you will understand why it is one of the best literature written in 20th century.

What. Lolita is a good book but Dolores wasn't a loli in the anime sense and a Lolicon is not what Humbert Humbert was. Or am I misunderstanding you?
May 14, 2015 9:46 AM

Jan 2014
XHellScytheX said:
Lolis are the BEST! They're almost always the most adorable and entertaining characters in their respective shows. Although it doesn't always work out in anime, if I was a male MC I would totally go for the loli.

+1

May 14, 2015 11:03 AM

Oct 2009
DrCoppelius said:
azzuRe said:

What. Lolita is a good book but Dolores wasn't a loli in the anime sense and a Lolicon is not what Humbert Humbert was. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Indeed, Lolita is the name that Humbert invented. Lo is a form of the idolized-amalgamation of Humbert imagination and desire with the actual imagery of Dolores. His love is at first formed as an untainted admiration of her youthfulness that over time changed into deep perversion. However Lolita, the book, the story, is not a mere play of the themes of forbidden love and morality, but also on the entire ordeal of how love could manifest itself in destructive behavior. In the end Humbert realized that he actually love Dolores, not for her body, not for her youthfulness, not his imaginary goddess Lolita.

Lolita complex, in the way it was coined and reciprocated is not simply alluding on the perversion of youth itself, but also on it's honest and nearly innocent depiction of love and sexuality, and how it all formulated as an imaginary archetype of Lolita.

It is not the subject that is the focus (appearance/age/boobs) but rather on the person who is attracted to their concept of youthfulness and innocence, either for it's perversion, or simply pure admiration.

I think that is what lolicon is supposed to mean.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
May 14, 2015 11:05 AM

May 2014
Love them.
May 14, 2015 11:07 AM
May 2014
i love cute girls (dandere & Kuudere & loli <3)
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
May 14, 2015 5:16 PM

Jul 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
For lolis as a caricature/archetype, there's no harm done. There's less restrictions on them because they don't adhere to their form mentally. But for the legitimate anime children, please leave them alone. Characters such as Rin from Usagi Drop (rage), Naru from Barakamon, Cosette from Les Mis, and Yuzuyu from AiBaby should not be portrayed in romantic relationships, especially with their respective guardians.
Shudders... Don't remind me of Usagi Drop.

robis798 said:
I despise lolis most of the time. I simply cannot stand them. Of course there are some exceptions, like Hachikuji or Shinobu from Monogatari or Rita from Bahamut, but that's because they are interesting characters and their personalities outweigh everything else.

And lolis for a love interest? That's like, the worst thing possible. I haven't encountered much anime with lolis as love interests but I cringed at Grisaia for example. It just feels off.

However, an entirely different case is when young girls are portrayed as normal children, like Naru from Barakamon, I like them quite a lot.
What route are they going for Grisaia? I literally cringed at the CGs I found from Grisaia with Yuuji and the loli.
May 14, 2015 5:38 PM

Jul 2014
You people are sick pedos
May 14, 2015 6:08 PM

Jul 2010
I absolutely hate lolis and even more if they are love interests..
May 14, 2015 6:46 PM

Feb 2012
loli is love, loli is life

nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan Forever!
May 14, 2015 8:16 PM

Aug 2014
Ratior said:
XHellScytheX said:

+1

I would also argue that it isn't just about aesthetics. Higashi_no_Kaze is on the mark. Just being flat chested isn't all it takes.

On-Topic: If we're talkin' anime, I prefer loli to not be a in a romantic relationship. With Black Bullet it made me uncomfortable, because MC didn't seem to share the same feelings for obvious reasons. If the feeling is clearly shown to be mutual then I'd be okay with it.
May 14, 2015 8:45 PM

Jul 2013
Erokirin said:
Ratior said:

+1

I would also argue that it isn't just about aesthetics. Higashi_no_Kaze is on the mark. Just being flat chested isn't all it takes.

On-Topic: If we're talkin' anime, I prefer loli to not be a in a romantic relationship. With Black Bullet it made me uncomfortable, because MC didn't seem to share the same feelings for obvious reasons. If the feeling is clearly shown to be mutual then I'd be okay with it.
That loli there kept inviting the MC to her. I'm glad he wasn't stupid enough to do so.
May 14, 2015 9:05 PM

Sep 2013
Tenshi_Shura said:
I don't mind age gap in romance anime but I hoped they could've made her less loli'er. She looks like a grade schooler that I can't even take their relationship seriously.

Good point. If anything, I'm already glad that she doesn't ACT like a grade schooler lol. Tsundere haters gonna hate tho.
May 14, 2015 9:17 PM

Apr 2015
Fuck them.
TheRefractingOne said:
No, liking MAL-approved shounen does not make you any less of a shounentard.
May 14, 2015 11:08 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Bratty said:
Fuck them.
They're so tight aren't they? <3
May 14, 2015 11:10 PM

Dec 2012
I hate lolis, so God no, if there is something that I can permantally delete from anime/manga, that would be it.

Through my experience, I only found 4 of theme decent, and not just pedo bait.
May 14, 2015 11:13 PM

Apr 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Bratty said:
Fuck them.
They're so tight aren't they? <3

Good gosh, I puked a little in my mouth.
TheRefractingOne said:
May 14, 2015 11:38 PM

Jun 2014
Imphie said:
You people are sick pedos

well you came to this thread, what were you expecting?
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 14, 2015 11:40 PM

Feb 2015
Loli is love
May 14, 2015 11:41 PM

Apr 2015
Rydias said:
Loli is love

Shota is life.
TheRefractingOne said:
May 14, 2015 11:43 PM

Aug 2013
Serious question. Is there any anime or manga where the guy gets in hot water for romantically being involved with a loli ? Like the cops come to pay him a visit. I hate lolis but a premise like that would be pretty interesting for an anime.
May 14, 2015 11:46 PM
May 2015
Bratty said:
Rydias said:
Loli is love

Shota is life.

Lmao both of you
May 14, 2015 11:46 PM

Jan 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Serious question. Is there any anime or manga where the guy gets in hot water for romantically being involved with a loli ? Like the cops come to pay him a visit. I hate lolis but a premise like that would be pretty interesting for an anime.

An anime short series about a kid in an adult male's body. This is like the running joke throughout the series though so it kinda gets boring after like the 5th or 6th arrest.
May 14, 2015 11:47 PM

Apr 2015
RealLies said:
Bratty said:

Shota is life.

Lmao both of you

I was just kidding!
TheRefractingOne said:
May 14, 2015 11:51 PM

Feb 2015
Bratty said:
RealLies said:

Lmao both of you

I was just kidding!

Lol
May 14, 2015 11:53 PM

Aug 2013
DoctorCaim said:
DrGeroCreation said:

An anime short series about a kid in an adult male's body. This is like the running joke throughout the series though so it kinda gets boring after like the 5th or 6th arrest.
Hmm I was thinking of something more serious.
May 15, 2015 12:05 AM

Jul 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
DoctorCaim said:

Hmm I was thinking of something more serious.

Maybe in seinen manga? Japan doesn't want to admit its pedo tendencies so I doubt there's such.

tsudecimo said:
I hate lolis, so God no, if there is something that I can permantally delete from anime/manga, that would be it.

Through my experience, I only found 4 of theme decent, and not just pedo bait.

Bit harsh aren't we? Now I'm interested in those anime. List them!
Rydias said:
Bratty said:

I was just kidding!

Lol

I rated Boku no Pico 10. Got a problem with that?
May 15, 2015 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
DrGeroCreation said:

Kokkuri-san also after that scene he gets arrested xD

Fun show :3

O/T I don't care but I also don't look for shows containing lolis if I do find them I drop it (I have monogatari ss in my faves , oh the irony)
removed-userMay 15, 2015 12:14 AM
May 15, 2015 12:22 AM

Jul 2013
Eremiel said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Kokkuri-san also after that scene he gets arrested xD

Fun show :3

O/T I don't care but I also don't look for shows containing lolis if I do find them I drop it (I have monogatari ss in my faves , oh the irony)

There will always be exceptions. And Monogatari is one of yours just like Gosick is one of mine.

Also I totally forgot about Kokkuri-san! That was a fun show indeed.
May 15, 2015 1:15 AM

Dec 2012
Tenshi_Shura said:
Now I'm interested in those anime. List them!

I forgot the fourth.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» If there a Cute Guys doing cute thing would you watch it?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

22 by Subarctic-Forest »»
3 seconds ago

» Do you feel just not excited for anime these days?

anizawa89 - 3 hours ago

23 by Rainme »»
4 minutes ago

» 1 trick pony, but it's actually peak!

APolygons2 - Yesterday

26 by IKKIsama »»
5 minutes ago

» mal/Confessions

NoelleIsSleepy - 59 minutes ago

9 by LeonhartAugust »»
9 minutes ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - Yesterday

65 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.