Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2015 5:57 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
"You Never Stop Learning"

It's the final chapter.....

WTH?!?!?
Dodecahedron-O24May 11, 2015 10:23 AM
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

May 13, 2015 12:33 PM

Mar 2010
Just finished reading it....

I really FUCKING LOVED this manga. It has a lot of imperfections and problems, but has so many good ideas and try to experiment so much new things that it all gives it a unique taste. It may be far from being the best manga in technichal terms I've ever read in my life, but the experience of reading it was certainly one of the best I've had. One of my favorites now. A fascinating social commentary.

As for the ending, nobody knows what actually happened to the serialization. If it was axed, or if Egawa simply didn't know where to lead the maga anymore (the social commentary part became so much bigger and meaningful than the story itself and, IMO, it's actually the reason why Golden Boy even exists).

The last pages with Kintaro Shouting "WHO INTERRUPTED ME!?!? I WANT TO SEE MORE!" may lead us to think it probably was axed prematurely, but I think Egawa managed it in a very impressive way. In the end, Golden Boy works way better as a social study than a storytelling piece of art, and I'm not being ironic here, I really think this is it.

This is a really strange and unique manga and I really loved the experience it let me feel, so much questioning, debate... very few things in any form of art made me feel like doing it. I wish more people would give it at least a try.

I've learned something new.
Jun 14, 2015 9:47 AM

May 2009
I waited for months for last 10 chapters, and now that I've read them, I'm not sure what happened lol
Maybe I forgot the story before the end, or the end was meant to be weird/mind-fuck.
Oh well, at least i finished it,

I'll try to figure out the ending some other day, going to sleep now... oh, and thanks Obama.
Jun 19, 2015 5:27 PM
Jan 2013
I usually don't mind open endings in manga. But after spending hours reading it and really liking, I'm absolutely lost with the ending. In fact, I kinda hope that it was axed, because I can't make anything of the ending. But given the information we were given I kinda think it was axed because we're missing information. We don't know how Yoko died. We don't know how he didn't get brainwashed by Kongoji (or whatever). It's just can't be complete. Unless it was the 'everything was just a dream' kinda ending.
Jun 23, 2016 1:35 AM

Sep 2009
What the fuck?

That wasn't even an ending....they just threw a shallow ass narration in place of a proper conclusion. Nothing resolve, plot still in progress, and the entire story still needs closure.

It got real shaky during the middle when the story wasn't even about Kintarou any longer. After his return it got interesting again with the flashback/virtual reality thing they were trying to pull but suddenly it ends? Seriously never been trolled to hard.

I'll have the Anime to remember but damn the manga veered off track and into a blackhole.
Sep 13, 2017 10:40 PM
Sep 2017
Are you looking for the Manga series of Golden boy? FANdemonium Network is the stop source for you. Read more...http://bit.ly/2wr0kfC
Jan 7, 2018 1:38 PM
May 2016
Does the anime has the sams ending with the manga??
I enjoyed this series so much
Feb 21, 2018 1:59 PM
Apr 2015
I had started it 3 days ago and finished today...
Well, the ending was very confusing. I still can't be certain about what I've witnessed. Really, that was a very weird ending and we moreover know nothing.
What about fight against Takako? What about Kyoko;s observation of Kintarou's memories? That woman whoordered Kyoko to not interrupt with Kintarou's memories -was it Madame President from chapter 1? How it ended with Kawakami? How did Kintarou and Kongouji become friends? How did Yoko die?
Also the one who shouted "Who interrupted me?" - i think it was author, not Kintarou. In version which I read he shouted also "I want to draw more". If this translation is true then this series was axed. Unfortunately, because got to a really interesting part. Maybe author broached some inconvenient topics about politic and people's irresposibility?
If so, then this author made a really trolling one ending. And all we can do is clap to his trick
Mihu95Feb 21, 2018 9:45 PM
Mar 24, 2018 2:26 AM
Jan 2018
I am blown away. What the hell happened? Was it all a simulation and Kintaro is actually a VR neet? Or did Kintaro got way too much into that machine? What happened to everyone? What about the woman that Kintaro love that she died? Um 😐... I prefer the anime open ending than this one. Was it suppose to be a mind/fuck?
Apr 12, 2018 7:36 AM
Mar 2018
I won't say the ending was bad.But it was uncalled for.As I reached the last chapter I eventually realised the ending will be too abrupt for the readers.I knew this was all in VR but never knew it would be ending with just kintarou,forgetting all the chemistry and character development with the other women.Anyway the ending was kind of happy(well there were not many sad scenes in the first place
except kintarou getting fake NTR'd.)
Nov 20, 2018 7:43 AM

Jun 2017
Just finished reading this.
Honestly i cant express how much i love this manga,maybe me being not a native english speaker has something to do with this.
I think it was much ahead of its time . To learn to love yourself then be bogged down compromising your freedom and happiness in this depressed world ,only to learn your fallacy in the old age ,and its just one study ....
The author has unique approach at the subjects at hand with how he unravels the vices ...
I think the ending is deliberate although i would have liked to witness the progression of how Kongoji developed his fear for Kintaro .But a conclusion would mean Yoko's decision being shown
would fit all the remaining pieces in their places and would give a definitive tone to the manga which i think the mangaka doesnt intend and want us to be the "99%" being led as said by Kongoji but have own own individual perspective from the journey of Kintaro....
Benkhyo....Learnt many things bud...
bakakisimaMay 27, 2020 12:16 AM
Jan 30, 2019 6:18 AM

Nov 2017
That was a great dissapointment!!!! After all the good expectations from the OVA series!!! Didn't have any clue that it will turn out like this. What a waste of time!
Aug 19, 2019 4:18 AM

Apr 2014
honestly after reading the manga i really wish i didnt

all in all the ova was amazing as for the manga ima just act like i never read it or even that it exist
"one step at a time"
Mar 25, 2020 12:44 AM

Mar 2020
What a trash ass ending, i'm just gonna rewatch the OVA and pretend that's how the story ends.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 30, 2020 8:32 PM
Sep 2014
rant.
with this ending, i am left to imagine the rest of it. kintaro didn't get ntred, but i am still unhappy because yoko said that she is free to sleep with anyone before. i hate that characters i love do these things to each other. her idea of freedom disturbs me and makes me feel insecure. and i dont think iam alone. kintaro supposedly loved her till her death(which we don't know how it happened)and we dont know how he reconcile being with both yoko and kawakami and if they would sleep with other people(which isn't surprising in the series), i would also hate it if yoko sleeps with kongoji later(well, according to her she was excited to be penetrated by him),but i think she wouldn't. also where is kawakami now? is she the one who died and not yoko?maybe kintaro and yoko broke up and he continued with kawakami and yoko is now travelling or something.
i would have been ok if yoko didnt hint that she would have sex with other people. his made me depressed when i rememberd her and kintaro's relationship. why would she do that and mess up the guy she loved more than anyone.

*written by a guy who takes fictional characters seriously and hates ntr and cucks. also open relationships are just a disguise for wanting to have sex with whomever and having a safe place to return to. which is physically and emotionally abusive.
*ps i should stop doing this but what got me to rant is that i really liked yoko's idea for freedom until i was bombed with sexual freedom. that was really hard for me. i felt cheated.
madawyMay 1, 2020 8:47 AM
May 26, 2020 1:04 PM

Apr 2020
bakakisima said:
Just finished reading this.
Honestly i cant express how much i love this manga,maybe me being not a native english speaker has something to do with this.
I think it was much ahead of its time . To learn to love yourself then be bogged down compromising your freedom and happiness in this depressed world ,only to learn your fallacy in the old age ,and its just one study ....
The author has unique approach at the subjects at hand with how he unrivals the vices ...
I think the ending is deliberate although i would have liked to witness the progression of to how Kongoji developed his fear for Kintaro .But a conclusion would mean Yoko's decision being shown which would fit all the remaining pieces in their places and would give a definitive tone to the manga which i think the mangaka doesnt intend and want us to be the 99% being led as said by Kongoji but have own own individual perspective from the journey of Kintaro....
Benkhyo....Learnt many things bud...

so the guy ntr him is just fake?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2020 6:08 AM

Jun 2016
well at least the anime was good
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 13, 2020 12:11 PM
Oct 2017
I'm 100% agree with what 'madawy' wrote. God damn, this manga basically just say: "Hey, you want the good things? Well, too bad, you can only enjoyed the 'lesson' chapter, because the 'study' chapter is freaking mindfuck." This manga is just basically went downhill from the first few chapter, people. Good thing they only took those good chapter for the anime.
Sep 25, 2020 12:10 AM
Sep 2020
The OVA was very hype that i even follow the manga but when the story are getting far the story are getting bitter in chapter 7 and i don't feel the hype there anymore pretty sure the writer just don't know where to lead the story but it's good story after all.
Dec 13, 2020 6:25 AM

Feb 2019
I come to know about the ending
But after seeing this thread i don't think i will ever read this in my entire life
Dec 22, 2020 4:13 AM
Dec 2020
I don't know how to say about the ending. But ia really make me feel sad when know kintaro 26yo is Made from that kintaro 19yo. This manga tell me how some one chabge so far from depresion and have 2 choice, Be better and have goal or go far to deeper from depresion. For my is one best manga i read not only about joke, but about this "study study study study" for live.
Aug 12, 2022 7:52 AM
Aug 2022
Still wondering why tf did kongoji gear kintaro did the author just got tired and leave it there WHY WOULD YOU MAKE PEOPLE INVESTED IN IT AND THEN LEAVE IT WITH ALOT OF MYSTERY😭😭😭😭😭
May 24, 2023 9:26 PM
Apr 2020
Easily one of the worst manga I've ever read, almost ruins the anime for me. Flipped from a funny rom-com to a full blown cuck/ntr garbage fest with a bunch of half baked nonsensical political talking points forced down our throats for the entire rest of the manga. Not one single plot line was finished after all those chapters in the final arc. If I could go back in time and stop myself from reading this I promise I would lmao
Mar 5, 3:21 AM

Aug 2017
Well that was interesting, I liked how the manga mixed being ridiculous with some walls of text haha. It was indeed axed apparently: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOLDEN_BOY

The author drew what seems like a spin-off, ONE ZERO NINE, later, and a direct sequel eventually.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Boy Chapter 30 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 7, 2008

2 by Raizel »»
Jul 15, 2022 12:02 PM

Poll: » Golden Boy Chapter 29 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 7, 2008

3 by Raizel »»
Jul 15, 2022 10:20 AM

Poll: » Golden Boy Chapter 28 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 22, 2008

2 by Raizel »»
Jul 15, 2022 7:21 AM

Poll: » Golden Boy Chapter 27 Discussion

Faust721 - Jun 7, 2008

2 by Raizel »»
Jul 15, 2022 7:07 AM

Poll: » Golden Boy Chapter 26 Discussion

Faust721 - May 15, 2008

1 by Raizel »»
Jul 15, 2022 6:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.